Warning to Second Wives

I agree with the commenter under that article. This woman sounds like a nightmare. No child should have to send a thank you note after staying at Dad's house. IMO

Who is this crazy woman and why did they let her write an article.

She's selfish & immature.
I can not believe she has "friends" that think and behave as she does. If I even knew her casually I certainly would distance myself and never speak to her again for fear people would think the stupid rubbed off;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bombshell lady, he had a life before he met you. What's she gonna do when he has grandchildren? she is delusional, very controlling.

The fact that in his own home he can't speak to his children freely on the phone and to complain about how he interacts with his children. Imo he will begin to despise her. Remember he was married when he met her, she should be worried about that little tidbit, he can meet someone else while married to her. Interesting in the pic her furniture all matched and his vest match the furniture and she matches him. I would wager that he could careless about how she interacts with her child. Middle age should be drama free, not living with this lady. :)

ciao

is it just me or does she come across as my daughter and i are his family and his kids are just annoying guests in HER house?

Seriously, what a shrew!

I agree with the immature and selfish and I see a third wife in his near future.

I don't normally comment on people's appearances, but wth is up with her face? She looks a little off.

Seriously, what a shrew!

I agree with the immature and selfish and I see a third wife in his near future.

I don't normally comment on people's appearances, but wth is up with her face? She looks a little off.

Her head is enormous & bucket shaped.

Ok, here's a man's perspective. First I couldn't read the whole thing. I was laughing too hard. The life of a homewrecker is soooo hard. The first two daughters refused to meet her. I give her mad props here because she has "some sympathy with this".

She doesn't quite understand the dynamic between the father and his daughters. I didn't read the whole whateveryacallit. So I don't know if it eventually dawns on her that he's over compensating for ruining their lives by marrying a homewrecker and making their mother feel old, ugly and useless. The only good thing here is that I'm pretty sure she'll feel that way again when he leaves her for a younger woman, or tries to escape her grasp and go back to his original wife who will, hopefully, spit in his face.

I don't even get what he sees in her. A guy leaving his wife for say... Lucy Pinder would be almost completely understandable, but this ummm... (I got a time out for using the word in the JA thread once so I'll just let it go there.) is completely unexplainable. She's not that pretty, she's not that bright, and she's a *advertiser censored* <-------- sorry time me out. I couldn't help it. :banghead:

So the first thing her new beu should have bought her behind his wife's back is a clue. It would have been better if he bought one they could share. JMO

I didn't know where to place this. But I found it outrageous. What do you all think? This is a woman's account of what it's like to be a second wife, and what she expects from her husband and step kids and how the kids make her wild with jealousy:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/a...e-stepdaughters-itll-drive-wild-jealousy.html

Well, I guess I just weighed in above. :seeya:

Bombshell lady, he had a life before he met you. What's she gonna do when he has grandchildren? she is delusional, very controlling.

The fact that in his own home he can't speak to his children freely on the phone and to complain about how he interacts with his children. Imo he will begin to despise her. Remember he was married when he met her, she should be worried about that little tidbit, he can meet someone else while married to her. Interesting in the pic her furniture all matched and his vest match the furniture and she matches him. I would wager that he could careless about how she interacts with her child. Middle age should be drama free, not living with this lady. :)

ciao

BBM

'Nuff said.

is it just me or does she come across as my daughter and i are his family and his kids are just annoying guests in HER house?

The kids don't live in their house from what it sounds like. Maybe it's because I didn't read far enough, but the older ones sound like they are independent and the 16 year old seems like she's living with her mother. I was laughing so hard I was afraid the neighbors would call the cops about a disturbance. I'll try again and see if I can stifle it.

It seems to me that she's upset that he has any contact at all with them and that he parents much differently. After all a Stalinist approach to parenting beats the hell out of a "left leaning liberal" type parenting job. After all who doesn't have respect for what Stalin was able to do for the Soviet Union? Seriously? Anyone? Oh wait, my sixty some odd year old Russian neighbor might not have respect for that. I don't know that for a fact, I'm just guessing.

Well anyway, back to slog on, hopefully quietly. :laughcry:

Oh dear God, I don't know if I can control myself!! SERIOUSLY!! I just read that ...On the plus side, he's always been wonderfully inclusive with my daughter. I did not introduce them until we were engaged, four months into our relationship, so she, like Andrew's daughters, had to accept our marriage as a fait accompli... Four months into their relationship they got engaged!! It's a mighty British stiff upper lip that allows her to have "some sympathy" with the daughters who felt they got married too quickly. I think he might be feeling that now as well. :floorlaugh:

...In the early days, I would literally feel sick every time he made the fortnightly, four-hour round trip to see his children, convinced they'd persuade him to leave me in our beautiful Oxfordshire home and move back to their seaside Sussex town.

And I developed this ghastly insecurity and sexual jealousy towards his first wife, obsessing about the 20 years they'd spent together.

Just the sight of a crumpled towel in the bathroom would send me doolally, as it would remind me of 'their home'...

All doolally!! This is priceless, was this ghost written by John Cleese? :floorlaugh:

...Anxious second wives take note: the secretive texting and furtive calls your husband makes are far more likely to be to his children than his ex-wife or any other woman....

She's the Martha Stewart of England.

MOUTH AGAPE AND SILENT AFTER READING THE FOLLOWING BIT!!

...When I share my experiences with other 'second wives', I find the mobile-phone scenario typical.

One girlfriend feels nauseated every time her husband speaks to his 26-year-old daughter and goes all gooey and adoring, calling her 'darling' and 'sweetie' as if, she says, he's speaking to his young lover. She also has to endure her stepdaughter running her hands through her father's hair and even his chest hair, while staring pointedly at her, when on holiday.

Another friend is incensed every time her stepdaughter waltzes into her kitchen and helps herself to food from the fridge.

I agree such behaviour oversteps a boundary, and I actually believe children should write their stepmothers a thank-you letter when they have been to stay....

That is just such a comedic pot o' gold I wouldn't know where to start. I couldn't possibly do anything to make that funnier. This has to be a piece penned by Mr. Cleese.

Well I just finished reading and the last part isn't funny at all. It made me want to vomit. Here's a particularly interesting comment from a reader.

Expat UAE, Abu Dhabi, 32 minutes ago

My son has walked out on his 10 year marriage, 3 very small children after starting affair 4 weeks ago with another woman !!! as for ( his mistress), I would like to ask her, how she sleeps at night knowing the pain. heartache and devastation she and my son have caused though their action...... My daughter-in law is now dealing with having to finding a home and bring 3 young children up on her own... I never thought my son could break our hearts in this way...... I hope all these mistress riot in hell, (forgiveness is letting go of the hurt) at the moment I can't see passed the pain, I can't look or speak with my son at moment...... As for this article, the woman should be a shamed, I hope the 1st wife and children have found some happiness, after all the heart break..

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/a...s-itll-drive-wild-jealousy.html#ixzz2rCOEZUIU
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

That lady gets it, and I hope she sticks with her DIL and her grandchildren and keeps him away from the fourth of July picnics. Oh wait, they don't celebrate the fourth of July. :facepalm:

The picture of Charles and Camilla and Michael with Catherine are interesting too. I can understand Michael leaving for Catherine, a little. I mean, look at her. Charles leaving Diana for the horse faced Camilla so he could be her "tampon" is just gross. If Charles had left Camilla for Diana, I'd completely understand that.

All is JMO.

Can you imagine being one of his patients and reading this???

I imagine them all running for the hills!

They should be handing him cards for a therapist. :floorlaugh:

This sounds like something my stepmonster would have written. She always treated us like unwanted guests in 'her' home. She was sickeningly sweet towards us when our dad was around, but cold and aloof when he wasn't. And even though she was married to him for 30 yrs, neither myself nor my brothers spoke to her after our dad's funeral---except during probate court hearings when she was trying to steal our inheritance.

ciao

I never understood that about married cheaters. What makes them think they won't be cheated on? :doh:

I have sometimes thought that the Femail columnists on DM might be getting paid on the basis of how many enraged reader comments their story generates. Some stories seem perfectly designed to invite the readers to think that the author is a royal biotch. There was the lady who was too pretty for her own good and some others too... The kids should write a note for their stepmom to thank her for allowing them to spend time with daddy? Honest?

Seriously, what a shrew!

OT: "shrew" mother called a very mean neighbor lady a shrew. Dang she was MEAN. Us kids couldn't walk on the sidewalk in front of her house. Funny how a word can take you back to a time and place. :)

ciao

Second wives can be horrid.

When my Ex married Wife #2, they didn't like the fact that I existed and made my life h*ll.

One day, I had to ask if my Ex could watch the kids for me, my Mom wasn't available. When I went to pick them up, B*tch... I mean Wife #2 asked when I was going to pay her... excuse me?

If
1) you expected payment, it should have been mentioned up front.
2) Wife #2 needs to keep her mouth shut and let Ex speak to me about any issue(s) we may have and
3) If my Ex wanted to ever watch the kids on my time again, he'd better control Wife #2's mouth

Regardless, I NEVER asked them to watch the kids on my time again... because of Wife #2... She blew it... and Ex paid the price.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CASHxGK
Back