Warren Jeffs FLDS compound in Texas surrounded by police #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
And so they should. i believe all states which think they may have a branch of the FLDS or other polygamous groups within are examining closely.

Since the FBI is involved, and it has since been declared a FEDERAL CRIME SCENE I beleive that now that the FBI is involved they will be forcing the other states to start the investigation into there compounds!

LinasK

Quote:
Originally Posted by mollymalone
http://www.childbrides.org/Memo_In_S..._11_6_2007.pdf

I mentioned yesterday that Warren Jeffs was still in control of the Texas group through Merrill Jessop and this is the court document I referred to. While behind bars he was and probably still is calling the shots IMO. Even though he made the statements that he was no longer the prophet those he talked to thought he was testing them. He also decreed that two families were to switch places.

I only read the first 5 pages, but he ordered them to destroy their "dictations from him" and was going to give his wife Naomi away to another after she was re-baptized!
Not just her but all of his wives. Merrill Jessop is thought to have 20 wives and in an article I posted yesterday the journalist called Warren Jeffs the man with eighty wives. Wasn't Naomi the one who was in the car when he was arrested?

I have no doubt he's calling the shots. i wish they'd bung him in solitary for the duration. :furious: :furious: :furious:

LMAO are we confused yet?!?! Thanks Animal!

I have no doubt he's calling the shots. i wish they'd bung him in solitary for the duration. :furious: :furious: :furious:

He's got a hearing coming up on the 24th in Kingman, AZ. His trial could take 6-8 months and among the various charges are those of incest. His followers stood in respect as he came into the courtoom. I'm sure they're monitoring his visitors and his phone calls and so there is a lot of doublespeak and coded talk going on.

Edited to add: Since he's got Federal charges pending, I bet the FBI was interested! He could possibly face even more charges by the time he goes to trial for those.

The move comes shortly after a local judge indicated she would not make a decision this week on whether to keep the 416 children in state custody or return them to their parents in what is shaping up to be the largest child custody case in state history. Lawyers from the state bar association are planning an "unprecedented" volunteer effort to provide lawyers for each of the children in time for a hearing on Thursday where the state will have to justify its decision to remove the children.

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/story?id=4646965&page=1

Does this mean that we will know NOTHING this Thursday?!?!

The move comes shortly after a local judge indicated she would not make a decision this week on whether to keep the 416 children in state custody or return them to their parents in what is shaping up to be the largest child custody case in state history. Lawyers from the state bar association are planning an "unprecedented" volunteer effort to provide lawyers for each of the children in time for a hearing on Thursday where the state will have to justify its decision to remove the children.

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/story?id=4646965&page=1

Does this mean that we will know NOTHING this Thursday?!?!
Probably not.

"in time for a hearing on Thursday where the state will have to justify its decision to remove the children

"Walther said one of her priorities was to determine how many girls taken from the remote Yearning for Zion Ranch
were underage mothers."

I suspect they're going to working out the logistics of how many will need representation, whether for example if
there is a group of siblings whether one lawyer will represent all of those siblings or each will be assigned their
own lawyer. Then there's the timimg issue regarding the hearings and when they'll take place etc.

Edited to add: there's also the question of which child belongs to whom to clear up as well. I don't know whether
it would be possible for the Judge to make a decision on sending any child back when it's not clear which person
is their parent!

Blackmore runs the Canadian branch of the FLDS and has moved some of his members to Idaho. Blackmore has denounced Warren Jeffs as a "false prophet."

http://www.childbrides.org/news_books_CH_polygs_secrets_laid_bare_Daphnes_book.html

"At the heart of this book is the battle for supremacy between the so-called "prophets" -- Winston Blackmore and Warren Jeffs."

"Winston Blackmore was once a follower of Jeffs and a close confident. Blackmore currently has around 22 wives (at last count) and has allegedly fathered more than 100 children and allegedly impregnated 15 year olds."

WHOOOOOAAAAAAA! Did anyone catch the 18 medical receipts for SEVERAL Sarah Jessups?

Thanks for the link Ladybass. Quick heads-up: ^It is an 88 page PDF^

Also, I would like to again add to this thread the document which Leila kindly provided, listing the children and their possible parents.
There is very limited info on surnames and birthdates for the kids. Here it is:
http://www.myeldorado.net/Pages/LegalNotices.html

There were several girls named Sarah named in that link as well, golfmom! There were also about a dozen boys named 'Rulon' who had no last name. I wonder if they were going to wait until the boys grew up to pick the 'one true Rulon', before getting rid of the others? Hmmm...

Thanks for the link Ladybass. Quick heads-up: ^It is an 88 page PDF^

88 PAGES OF SOLID EVIDENCE from what I can see

BTW Nancy Grace is covering this now

Adult women in sect forced back at Texas ranch

SAN ANGELO, Texas - Texas officials who took 416 children from a polygamist retreat into state custody sent many of their mothers away Monday, as a judge and lawyers struggled with a legal and logistical morass in one of the biggest child-custody cases in U.S. history.
[SIZE=-2][/SIZE]
Of the 139 women who voluntarily left the compound with their children since an April 3 raid, only those with children 4 or younger were allowed to continue staying with them, said Marissa Gonzales, spokewoman for the state Children's Protective Services agency. She did not know how many women stayed.
"It is not the normal practice to allow parents to accompany the child when an abuse allegation is made," Gonzales said.
The women were given a choice: Return to the Eldorado ranch of the Fundamentalist Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, a renegade Mormon sect, or go to another safe location. Some women chose the latter, Gonzales said.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080414/ap_on_re_us/polygamist_retreat;_ylt=AhQc1jzHA9FH0PrcjlZz4ktH2ocA

Adult women in sect forced back at Texas ranch

SAN ANGELO, Texas - Texas officials who took 416 children from a polygamist retreat into state custody sent many of their mothers away Monday, as a judge and lawyers struggled with a legal and logistical morass in one of the biggest child-custody cases in U.S. history.

Of the 139 women who voluntarily left the compound with their children since an April 3 raid, only those with children 4 or younger were allowed to continue staying with them, said Marissa Gonzales, spokewoman for the state Children's Protective Services agency. She did not know how many women stayed.
"It is not the normal practice to allow parents to accompany the child when an abuse allegation is made," Gonzales said.
The women were given a choice: Return to the Eldorado ranch of the Fundamentalist Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, a renegade Mormon sect, or go to another safe location. Some women chose the latter, Gonzales said.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080414/ap_on_re_us/polygamist_retreat;_ylt=AhQc1jzHA9FH0PrcjlZz4ktH2ocA

I wonder if CPS told them they had to leave and goi back to the ranch. I beleive this to be the case!

WHOOOOOAAAAAAA! Did anyone catch the 18 medical receipts for SEVERAL Sarah Jessups?
YES.

FIle, correspondence with Warren Jeffs, prison mail. Mail from houses in hiding.

I betcha they're going to be looking very hard at the money aspect in those files, where the monies are coming from ie. welfare etc. and there will be some prosecutions for the abuse of the system.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member