Was BR involved? #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
118 people viewing this forum at the moment...and it's 3 days after the A&E special. I wonder how high it will go during Dr. Phil and The Case Of episodes.

As a case follower, I am always searching for the case on Google, Facebook, Twitter to see what people are saying. It seems to me that the upcoming Dr. Phil and Case Of episodes are getting a ton of media coverage/promo. So I am wondering...not counting the times when you purposely looked for information on the case, would you have heard about the upcoming CBS shows?

For me, the answer is yes. Three websites I have check very frequently have each posted 2+ articles about Dr. Phil and The Case Of. My friend on FB also posted the trailer for Case of, and I also saw each show trending a few times on FB.

In comparison, I feel like there's no promo for the Investigation Discovery show. It starts on Monday and is three parts. IDK, maybe we will see a lot more this weekend. Also if I didn't follow the case, I would have no idea about Dateline tomorrow or A&E's show.

I saw an ad for Dateline on last night's NBC Nightly News. I watch that and the local NBC news on the same channel pretty much every day, and yesterday was the first time I saw the preview for this week's Dateline. I also saw a preview for the Lifetime movie, but can't remember what channel I was watching.

I saw an ad for Dateline on last night's NBC Nightly News. I watch that and the local NBC news on the same channel pretty much every day, and yesterday was the first time I saw the preview for this week's Dateline. I also saw a preview for the Lifetime movie, but can't remember what channel I was watching.
Reintarnation (and everyone):
If you see the date and time of anything dealing with this, post it on any of the threads and I'll add it to the schedule linked (c&p) under my username. (I've already got Dateline on it.)

As a case follower, I am always searching for the case on Google, Facebook, Twitter to see what people are saying. It seems to me that the upcoming Dr. Phil and Case Of episodes are getting a ton of media coverage/promo. So I am wondering...not counting the times when you purposely looked for information on the case, would you have heard about the upcoming CBS shows?

For me, the answer is yes. Three websites I have check very frequently have each posted 2+ articles about Dr. Phil and The Case Of. My friend on FB also posted the trailer for Case of, and I also saw each show trending a few times on FB.

In comparison, I feel like there's no promo for the Investigation Discovery show. It starts on Monday and is three parts. IDK, maybe we will see a lot more this weekend. Also if I didn't follow the case, I would have no idea about Dateline tomorrow or A&E's show.

I had no idea about the dateline show, so thanks for the heads up.

I don't have cable or satellite but I do have all the various news/mag type shows set on my Tivo. Dateline probably tops the list, along with 48 Hours. So I may not know about famous crime shows in advance, but I'll certainly see them when I watch my recorded shows.

I don't get A&E but sometimes there are other ways to find those shows, depending....

I really appreciated this post, MK. I struggle with this myself. There is always a part of me that wants to believe IDI, but the evidence won't let me. Sometimes I have a moment watching PR or JR where I think maybe we have had tunnel vision and have not been sympathetic enough. What if that was me and my daughter? But then all those little confounding pieces of evidence bubble to the surface, and you realize there just is no way that IDI.

I feel exactly the same way as Mountain_Kat & reintarnation. You both expressed this perfectly.

The question was posed earlier: could you forgive? (Sorry, I couldn't respond at the time and can't quote the post.)

It's not my place to forgive, but as an outside observer, I could "forgive" almost anyone who has true remorse. What's awful about this is the perpetuation of a lie, a falsehood, which would seem like it would be unbearable for a person with a conscience.

I hope BR isn't the victim of having to knowingly, (by coercion or pressure), cover up a parent's lies. In the Barbara Walters interview with JR and PR, the one in which PR is wearing a light blue suit, PR looks pained IMO. When Barbara asked JR what did he see when he found her body (yikes, what a question!), PR's face stayed stoic but there's a visible big swallow/gulp which IMO betrays first hand knowledge. I think she had remorse for her part of the happenings. I don't see a trace of that in JR. But people handle things differently. Maybe the executive in him has learned how to hide and repress feelings from others.

The question was posed earlier: could you forgive? (Sorry, I couldn't respond at the time and can't quote the post.)

It's not my place to forgive, but as an outside observer, I could "forgive" almost anyone who has true remorse. What's awful about this is the perpetuation of a lie, a falsehood, which would seem like it would be unbearable for a person with a conscience.

I hope BR isn't the victim of having to knowingly, (by coercion or pressure), cover up a parent's lies. In the Barbara Walters interview with JR and PR, the one in which PR is wearing a light blue suit, PR looks pained IMO. When Barbara asked JR what did he see when he found her body (yikes, what a question!), PR's face stayed stoic but there's a visible big swallow/gulp which IMO betrays first hand knowledge. I think she had remorse for her part of the happenings. I don't see a trace of that in JR. But people handle things differently. Maybe the executive in him has learned how to hide and repress feelings from others.
That was me who posed the question. I was curious because there are so many people who have followed the case and been emotionally involved in it for 20 years and it occurred to me they might be carrying a huge burden ... over what actually may have been accident and not an intentional homicide.

Unless her parents and brother wanted her dead, which I do not think they did, there wasn't an intent (IMO) to kill JBR. Now maybe BR had feelings of rage against his sister at the time, or maybe not.

But if you assume John & Patsy loved both of their young kids then of course they would not want harm to befall either. And then the unthinkable happens. A moment of pure rage and an unfixable horrendous blow that led to death. No one wants to go to prison or see their child hauled away if it was the child who caused that injury. That's what would have happened though. No way would Patsy not face serious legal trouble and jail time. Don't know what would have happened to BR, but something would have occurred if it was him. So the family was going to be split apart as a result of that one bad out-of-control moment and the only way to prevent that was to make it appear (or try to) it was someone outside (an intruder) who did this awful deed. I'm not excusing it or saying it was okay, but I'm understanding the trajectory of what I think occurred and seeing the tragedy and sadness (more than feeling anger).

If BR is intelligent and not in denial I'm sure he knows the real deal or has figured it out if it wasn't him. So yes, he is living within the lie that started. If the lie was to protect him, he seems to be handling it just fine.

Who wouldn't? I would be doing anything, including calling psychic hotlines, trying to find out who was responsible for ruining my life, my parents's lives, my step-siblings lives, causing so much pain, heartache and fear by murdering my baby sister in our house in Boulder, Colorado, a city so safe that hers was the only murder in 1996.

He may not remember anything of that night. Yet. Deep memories of past trauma can lie hidden for a long time and I think that is what JR meant when he said that BR was handling things well but that he suspected it would come out later, like at age 40. One day, POP!, the memory comes back. It happens.

Why is this all being stirred up now? The anniversary of her death is December.
or just ask doug stine what he remembers...

Bringing this forward to have anyone add anything to the list itself that's still missing. (The calendar won't work on my phone.)

JBR SEPTEMBER LINEUP

September 2016 Calender:
http://www.calendar-365.com/calendar...September.html

A&E.

The Killing of JonBenét:
The Truth Uncovered” will premiere on
Monday, September 5 at 9 p.m. on A&E.
(2hrs)

Dateline September 9 - 10pm ET
Who Killed JonBenet?

BR on DP

http://www.drphil.com/advice/a-dr-ph...s-his-silence/

The three-part season premiere airs

Monday, September 12th;
Tuesday September 13th; and
Monday September 19th.
(Check local listings).

ID

Investigation Discovery will air a 3-night special
“JonBenet: An American Murder Mystery,” which will
premiere on
Monday, Sept. 12 at 10 p.m. ET.

CBS

Forman-produced docuseries The Case Of: JonBenet Ramsey, whose title was changed from Case Closed to reflect the investigation's ongoing nature.
(CBS plans to air “Case Closed,”) its
own three-part, six-hour unscripted miniseries about the
unsolved mystery of the young girl’s 1996 murder.

The Case Of: JonBenet Ramsey premieres
Sunday, Sept. 18 at 8:30 p.m. / at 8:30/7:30c.
Part 2 airs on Monday, Sept. 19 / at 9/8c with
Part 3 on Sunday, Sept. 25 / 8:30/7:30c.

CNN
Watch Paula on CNN's
two-hour special Who Killed JonBenét?,
airing September 30, 2016
Friday, September 30, 2016
8:00pm – 10:00pm

And Lifetime, meanwhile, will debut a TV movie, Who Killed JonBenet?, in the fall, though a premiere date has not been announced.
Lifetime is scheduled to air Who Killed JonBenét? (wt), an original movie about the case in November, the exact date TBA.

Im just curious but for so long so many people have thought it was burke or pats or john or some form of all three or whatever iam just wondering what happens and iam just using this person for example but what happens if they dig up that michael hellgarth i think is his name what will happen if they dig him up and take his dna and it matches the longjohns and panties .Cause to me i can see some of you make this into a story like the netflix guy whos name i cane remember either but that it is some kind of conspiricy ..so if you one of the people that believes hole heartedly that the ramseys did it...what will you do if the scenario i suggested happens will you accept the dna facts or will you turn it around and make reasons why thats not what happend....

If there is valid forensic evidence and testing that links JBR to an identified suspect through DNA then of course we'll believe it. What's not to believe? DNA doesn't lie, people lie.

If there is actual DNA that is independently verified and positively identified as a local sex offender with no alibi, then I will believe it, and then I will literally eat my computer.

Sweeps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm not sure about that. From the Nielsen website.

We also have TV set meters in many local markets, and we collect more than two million paper diaries from audiences across the country each year during “sweeps”—specific periods during the months of February, May, July and November.

September doesn't appear to be a "sweep" month.

http://www.nielsen.com/us/en/solutions/measurement/television.html

It's not sweeps that I know of, but it's the time of most networks' season premier shows for fall. It's a big deal in broadcasting to hook people into watching their network's programming lineup.

It's not sweeps that I know of, but it's the time of most networks' season premier shows for fall. It's a big deal in broadcasting to hook people into watching their network's programming lineup.

That makes sense.

That was me who posed the question. I was curious because there are so many people who have followed the case and been emotionally involved in it for 20 years and it occurred to me they might be carrying a huge burden ... over what actually may have been accident and not an intentional homicide.

Unless her parents and brother wanted her dead, which I do not think they did, there wasn't an intent (IMO) to kill JBR. Now maybe BR had feelings of rage against his sister at the time, or maybe not.

But if you assume John & Patsy loved both of their young kids then of course they would not want harm to befall either. And then the unthinkable happens. A moment of pure rage and an unfixable horrendous blow that led to death. No one wants to go to prison or see their child hauled away if it was the child who caused that injury. That's what would have happened though. No way would Patsy not face serious legal trouble and jail time. Don't know what would have happened to BR, but something would have occurred if it was him. So the family was going to be split apart as a result of that one bad out-of-control moment and the only way to prevent that was to make it appear (or try to) it was someone outside (an intruder) who did this awful deed. I'm not excusing it or saying it was okay, but I'm understanding the trajectory of what I think occurred and seeing the tragedy and sadness (more than feeling anger).

If BR is intelligent and not in denial I'm sure he knows the real deal or has figured it out if it wasn't him. So yes, he is living within the lie that started. If the lie was to protect him, he seems to be handling it just fine.

Yes, he does....let's compare it to the boy in Texas who was the "affluenza" defense...he murdered 6 people drunk driving and yet his mother covers defends and enables going so far as to run off to Mexico with him to avoid prosecution

I can see patsy as one of those kind of mothers....John had lost his oldest daughter, now Jonbenet was dead by her brothers hand...we have to do everything in our power to save him....

I don't know if the media would use this case for sweeps. The most important demographic in ratings is the 18-49 age group. Considering this is a 20-year-old murder case, the people who are the most interested are probably older than 49. That's just being realistic. We can even see that with the ratings for A&E show. It did well and held its own in total viewers, but was lacking in the 18-49 range. It got more viewers than many other cable shows but they did better with the 18-49 group. That is my theory on why the programming is happening now and not during sweeps.

Hi everyone, I've been a long term lurker and finally decided to join. For what it's worth, I believe Burke killed JonBenet. I'm so disappointed that there are no plans to screen any of the new shows in the UK, where I'm from. I hope you guys can keep me to speed!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname