Was Burke Involved ? # 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I understand what you are saying.

Obstruction of justice is one charge which, in my opinion, is applicable.

As for ultimate good - I would like to see the State of Colorado do the right thing by JonBenet. That is it.

Show this little six year-old citizen who was brutally murdered almost 20 years ago that she "counted". That is it. Sometimes it is only about the principle of doing something -
doing the right thing - no matter how many years have passed. JMO

There isn't a thing that CO could possibly do. If you believe in the BDI theory and the Ramsey's covered it up then this case is closed. It's over.

There isn't a thing that CO could possibly do. If you believe in the BDI theory and the Ramsey's covered it up then this case is closed. It's over.

Yep. This is true. I do believe this theory and unfortunately believe everyone needs to make peace with it. Still would be nice to hear them admit it, though. They never will.

Not sure if this has already been posted or not.
[h=1]JonBenet Ramsey Murder: Brother Burke Ramsey Revealed Key Detail To Dr. Phil | TODAY[/h]
[video=youtube;xWblt-Ru7pk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xWblt-Ru7pk[/video]

DP says Burke will talk very specifically about the pineapple. Well, heck I must have missed something in the interviews because I didn't hear BR say anything specifically about the pineapple. When DP ask him if they ate pineapple that day BR grins and says "maybe".........well, ok then DP. I am missing something? Help me out guys.

I think that's the first thing you've written that I agree with 100%. I'm at peace with what I've believed for a long time, and while I don't agree with all the conclusions reached in the CBS program, at least someone has finally spoken the name of the elephant in the room and opened up the floodgates for those who have held their tongues for years about what was obvious. This is the only "justice" that will be meted out in this life (IMHO).

DP says Burke will talk very specifically about the pineapple. Well, heck I must have missed something in the interviews because I didn't hear BR say anything specifically about the pineapple. When DP ask him if they ate pineapple that day BR grins and says "maybe".........well, ok then DP. I am missing something? Help me out guys.

At approx. 26:00 DP asks B about eating the pineapple, and the answer is," maybe," and " would you remember if you ate pineapple 20 years ago"?
[video=youtube;0_LyeVjhlv0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0_LyeVjhlv0[/video]

Sorry but making peace with the killing and sadistic staging of a 6 year old little girl within her own nuclear family is not anything I care to do.

I wasn't accused by the Ramsey's but I imagine a lot of people who were accused or defamed will not make peace with the killing either- accidental or otherwise.

Oh for crying out loud. Have you ever heard of any crime, assault, etc that Burke has committed in the past 20 years? Dr. Phil said he is successful and has had the same girlfriend for years.
So I take it just because dr Phil said it...you believe it. I'm not saying he doesn't have a job or girlfriend...just that alone does not make one successful in life.
As for anything else....Maybe..just maybe...He hasn't been caught yet. Never know.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

CBS special made me think its plausible Burke could have had some involvement, I still think Burke might have been awake eating pineapple and he could have been awake when 911 was called but didn't necessarily kill JonBenet. I think the author of the RN did IMO.

Sorry but making peace with the killing and sadistic staging of a 6 year old little girl within her own nuclear family is not anything I care to do.

I wasn't accused by the Ramsey's but I imagine a lot of people who were accused of defamed will not make peace with the killing- accidental or otherwise.
Agreed, also the lies and obstruction of justice have cost the taxpayers ALOT of $$$$. So people have a right to be outraged!

I wasn't accused by the Ramsey's but I imagine a lot of people who were accused of defamed will not make peace with the killing- accidental or otherwise.
I understand what you're saying, Frigga. But you have to realize that if this is what happened, regardless of how heinous we might think the things were that John and/or Patsy did to try and protect Burke (and their own reputations), the SoL has run out on any legal prosecution for their acts. Burke couldn't (and IMO shouldn't) have been held responsible for what he did. The Ramsey parents were (and are still) responsible for allowing it to happen -- just as the true bills that were returned by the RGJ say. Call it Karma, or whatever you might believe in, but now most of the public sees it for what it is. Not much recompense for those who were thrown under the proverbial bus, but at least now the remaining Ramseys are being viewed in the light they deserve. And that light is what they sought so desperately to avoid. The only one who paid the ultimately price for their actions (and inactions) will never be repaid for what was done to her. And that is the only thing that really bothers me now.

Why do you keeping saying that? Are you suggesting that only those of you who reject that Burke was the instigator should continue conversing?

Regardless, last time I checked, there has been no proceedings that would provide a sense of justice or closure to those who have been close to this case going on 20 years now. So, no, this case is not closed from a posting perspective.

I understand what you're saying, Frigga. But you have to realize that if this is what happened, regardless of how heinous we might think the things were that John and/or Patsy did to try and protect Burke (and their own reputations), the SoL has run out on any legal prosecution for their acts. Burke couldn't (and IMO shouldn't) have been held responsible for what he did. The Ramsey parents were (and are still) responsible for allowing it to happen -- just as the true bills that were returned by the RGJ say. Call it Karma, or whatever you might believe in, but now most of the public sees it for what it is. Not much recompense for those who were thrown under the proverbial bus, but at least now the remaining Ramseys are being viewed in the light they deserve. And that light is what they sought so desperately to avoid. The only one who paid the ultimately price for their actions (and inactions) will never be repaid for what was done to her. And that is the only thing that really bothers me now.

True, very true. I see your point OTG, I understand and agree.

I think PR thought of her as her own living doll, for lack of a better explanation. I think PR was very selfish, narcissitic and she was able to detach from JBR when staging the whole thing. Just look at her interviews.. No tears.

Murderers rarely use their victim's name. PR says, "I loved THAT child"... She doesn't say Jonbenet's name on the 911 call, it's "my daughter.".

OTOH, JR uses Jonbenet's name all the time in interviews.

Thank you!!!! I have been saying this for YEARS!

In one interview you can tell she's TRYING to cry.

From article: https://www.federalcharges.com/obstruction-of-justice-laws-charges/

"Obstruction of Justice Statute of Limitations

The statute of limitations for obstruction of justice usually starts from the date that the crime actually started. The exact statute of limitations will vary depending on the type of crime in which the obstruction took place. Usually, the statute is six years in state courts, and five years in federal courts, with the exception of crimes against children, sex offenses, certain violent crimes, and murder. In these cases, no statute of limitations exists. Additionally, the statute can be tolled if the defendant leaves the state.

That is not what this article states:

http://www.dailycamera.com/news/boulder/ci_24381455/jonbenet-ramsey-indictment-released-john-patsy

"Alex Hunter, the Boulder County district attorney at the time, never signed the true bill, apparently believing he could not successfully prosecute due to a lack of evidence.

The criteria for a grand jury indictment is probable cause, and the decision does not have to be unanimous among the grand jurors. Hunter would have had to prove the case beyond a reasonable doubt to win at trial.

Both of the charges in the indictment carry a statute of limitation of three years."

The amount of media coverage over the past month says otherwise. They don't make nine TV specials about a case that most people have forgotten. It's very baffling to me when people try to pretend this is some obscure case.

Maui obviously hasn't put Jonbenet into Facebook and seen thousands of hits. Same with Twitter

That is not what this article states:

http://www.dailycamera.com/news/boulder/ci_24381455/jonbenet-ramsey-indictment-released-john-patsy

"Alex Hunter, the Boulder County district attorney at the time, never signed the true bill, apparently believing he could not successfully prosecute due to a lack of evidence.

The criteria for a grand jury indictment is probable cause, and the decision does not have to be unanimous among the grand jurors. Hunter would have had to prove the case beyond a reasonable doubt to win at trial.

Both of the charges in the indictment carry a statute of limitation of three years."
I think zencompass was quoting from a website that stated what the federal law is and what some/most states have for a SoL. Colorado's is indeed 3-years. However, there is also this little thing called "tolling," wherein the SoL is put on hold (tolled) for up to an additional 5-years if the person charged leaves the state. This meant that since the Ramseys moved to Georgia, the SoL actually ran out on them in December, 2004.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smokylotus