Wayne Millard Murder Trial - Dellen Millard Charged With Murder - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC 4s5 seconds ago
Hutcheon asks Millard if he had guns in the house. Millard says yes, in the past he definitely did. #Millard

Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC 17s18 seconds ago
Millard says there's a safe in the house that used to have handguns in it -- but about two years ago, Wayne said he gave all his guns away, he says. #Millard

Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC 21s22 seconds ago
Millard again says he didn't think his dad had any guns left. #Millard

Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC 12s12 seconds ago
Millard is very calm in this video. Speaking very measuredly. Millard is watching the video of himself in the courtroom, taking notes. #Millard

If it was just the money that he wanted, then he killed the goose that laid the golden egg. I would think that if he waited a few years, he'd be more likely to inherit a profitable, smooth running operation that had its loans paid off. But I agree that he just took what he wanted, whatever he happened to think he would get from this ... perhaps just a big hanger where he could play with his cars. His logic defies all reason.

moo
Business profits in the future were going to be dependent on DM doing work and he wasn't prepared to do that. His dad already told him his plans to attend BAHA were off because he would be running his new business. Imagine a drug dealer living in his parents basement being offered a million dollar business to run for legitimate money and turning it down.

Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC 9s9 seconds ago
Millard says the basement of the house is set up for parties. "We tried to make it look like a club." #Millard

Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC 35s36 seconds ago
One of the officers says there were drugs down there. "We smoke pot," Millard says in the video. "Do you grow it?" she asks. "No," Millard says. #Millard

Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC 8s8 seconds ago
#Millard says the front door is always deadbolted from the inside. He says his dad is good about going around the house at night and locking the doors. Hutcheon says his dad's sliding door wasn't locked. Millard says that's not unusual, as he's been smoking in the house more

Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC now
"Was your dad depressed at all?" Hutcheon asks. "He had depression in him ... he carries some great sadness with him throughout life, but I never really knew what it was. He never wanted to share it with me," Millard says. #Millard

Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC 4s5 seconds ago
Hutcheon asks Millard if he had guns in the house. Millard says yes, in the past he definitely did. #Millard

Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC 17s18 seconds ago
Millard says there's a safe in the house that used to have handguns in it -- but about two years ago, Wayne said he gave all his guns away, he says. #Millard

Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC 21s22 seconds ago
Millard again says he didn't think his dad had any guns left. #Millard

Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC 12s12 seconds ago
Millard is very calm in this video. Speaking very measuredly. Millard is watching the video of himself in the courtroom, taking notes. #Millard

So he didn’t say anything about the gun being a gift from him? Just that there were no guns. Can DM saying in the Laura murder trial that he bought the gun for a present be brought up in this trial ?

Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC 10s10 seconds ago
Millard also says there's "more than a chance" that the business could fail. #Millard

Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC 4s4 seconds ago
Millard said everything the family had was in the business, and they had taken out a large loan from RBC. "We're all in," he says. #Millard

Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC 2m2 minutes ago
Millard says they originally projected nine months for the business, but it has taken a year, and they haven't finished and haven't gotten a contract yet. #Millard

"We've spent a lot more than we thought we would spend," Millard says. #Millard

Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC 29s30 seconds ago
Millard now talking about his grandfather -- says he died about six years ago. #Millard

Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC 1m1 minute ago
Hutcheon asks Millard if he's a pilot, he says "yes, I am," with some pride. #Millard

Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC 1m1 minute ago
Millard says his father was also a pilot. "Out of anybody I've seen, he's had the most ratings on his licence for an aircraft," he says, adding, "he hasn't flown in a long time." #Millard

Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC 29s29 seconds ago
Hutcheon asks him if he took or moved anything from his dad's room. Millard says no. Also asks if he saw a note anywhere, Millard says no. "I wasn't looking for one." #Millard

Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC 10s10 seconds ago
Millard also says there's "more than a chance" that the business could fail. #Millard

Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC 4s4 seconds ago
Millard said everything the family had was in the business, and they had taken out a large loan from RBC. "We're all in," he says. #Millard

Millard says they originally projected nine months for the business, but it has taken a year, and they haven't finished and haven't gotten a contract yet. #Millard

"We've spent a lot more than we thought we would spend," Millard says. #Millard

Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC 29s30 seconds ago
Millard now talking about his grandfather -- says he died about six years ago. #Millard

Wow, sure laying it on thick to make it look like Wayne was awful stressed about finances.

Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC 44s44 seconds ago
Hutcheon now asking about their housekeeper, who Millard says usually comes about twice a day. #Millard

Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC 6s6 seconds ago
Millard says he noticed his father's dinner was served on his desk, so the housekeeper was "probably there around 5." #Millard

Millard says their housekeeper lives nearby, and tends to come and go when she wants. #Millard

Hutcheon says he also noticed a bunch of keys on a board at the house. Millard says they are for vehicles at the airport hangar. #Millard

BAM!!
Millard also says his dad had a girlfriend. "About a week ago he asked me if I would be alright with him seeing a woman called Janet." Millard says he never met her. "I told him so long as it didn't create any legal issues with me, I wanted him to go find his happiness," Millard says.

This is is very strange response IMO

Yeah... he wasn't asked to elaborate on what he meant by that? My first thought is that he means "as long as is doesn't change anything with regards to my role in the company or my inheritance"... So his father's happiness is only secondary to his own wealth. This is also telling in terms of a possible motive.
Than again, he could also just be referring to illegal activities that go on around the house (drugs, etc.) or any other illegal "missions" that WM may have known about.

Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC 16s16 seconds ago
Millard also says his dad had a girlfriend. "About a week ago he asked me if I would be alright with him seeing a woman called Janet." Millard says he never met her. She was the first witness at the trial. #Millard

Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC 18s18 seconds ago
"I told him so long as it didn't create any legal issues with me, I wanted him to go find his happiness," Millard says. #Millard

My bulls**t meter is flying off the dial with that last comment!

So he didn’t say anything about the gun being a gift from him? Just that there were no guns. Can DM saying in the Laura murder trial that he bought the gun for a present be brought up in this trial ?

I don't believe any statements made in the past trials can be used against him in this trial. (Unfortunately.. IMO)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther