Wayne Millard Murder Trial - Dellen Millard Charged With Murder - #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am well-versed in the very document you've cited there. Based on the testimony from the EMS responder, it seems an incident report would not be required on initial thought here. EMS was likely released from the scene once PD arrived. It is standard practice for the Coroner to attend and pronounce if the patient is not viable. With no interventions started, WM was obviously deceased on sight, and had been for some time.
Suicides, even by gun, are witnessed all too frequently in this profession and I would suspect that with the PD automatically ruling it a suicide, that it wasn't much more than a standard arrive and clear on behalf of the EMS crews, which would make the event rather unremarkable ... of course, until details on the circumstances came to light.

I'd need/like to read more on the EMS response times / reports, though, so if anyone has links to those I could weigh in more.

ETA* Incident Reports and Ambulance Call Reports are NOT the same thing ... the latter of the two are filled out for every call an EMS crew is sent on, but Incident Reports are not necessitated for every call for service.

Thank you for sharing your knowledge, this answers the question I asked earlier on in this thread. It makes sense that, although many of us find the scene gruesome, it was just one of many calls to the EMS and they would think little of it.

<snipped>
-I was disappointed that no mention was apparently made during JC's testimony (at least I didn't read any testimony about this) about how DM had arrived home at WM's residence during her last phonecall with WM (I had read MSM reports prior to the trial starting, that this was the case?)

The defense team was successful in getting this information excluded.

Wayne Millard and Campbell spoke for hours late Nov. 28 and into early Nov. 29 and the Crown originally wanted to include Campbell’s statement to police saying Dellen arrived home during that call.
Pillay argued in his factum that the first time Campbell told that to police was on Dec. 14, 2015.
“The late disclosure, three years after the fact ... raises the concern that in her later recollection of the last phone call, she introduced that (Dellen) was present, at what would have been a time proximate to Wayne Millard’s death, because she was influenced by the multiple murder charges and ongoing persistent publicity,” Pillay wrote in his factum.
On Thursday, Cameron told Forestell the Crown had decided “to abandon that.”
“We have agreed ... it is inadmissible for a variety of reasons,” Cameron told the judge.
Wayne Millard’s ‘state of mind’ to be focus in Dellen Millard’s next murder trial | The Star

I can picture this and I've slept that way myself. It's very comfortable although not so great for the back. Pretty sure I wouldn't be able to casually shoot myself in my left eye with my left hand in that position though.

MOO
Guys, where is this picture? I can't find it in the link

Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC 50m50 minutes ago
Back in court today for day two of the Wayne Millard trial. Follow along live all day: http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/dellen-millard-trial-day2-1.4686653 … #millard #dellenmillard
Police to testify at Dellen Millard's murder trial in death of father | CBC News

Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC 5m5 minutes ago
I'm inside the courtroom now -- just waiting for things to get underway. Linda Babcock, Laura Babcock's mother, is present again today. #Millard

Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC 3m3 minutes ago
Millard was just led into the courtroom -- cuffed, with a laptop bag behind his back. He said good morning to court staff as he came in. #Millard

Good morning, everyone! I will post the tweets until 11/11:30am EST, but will have to go for a bit, and can pick up after the lunch break. Could someone please post from 11/11:30 until the lunch break? Thanks in advance!

Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC 1m1 minute ago
The Crown asks Johnston if he thought that cause of death might have been self-inflicted trauma. "It certainly was one of the possibilities I looked at, yes," Johnston says. Also says he didn't see anything like a suicide note at the scene. #Millard

Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC 51s51 seconds ago
The officer is now talking about "sealing" the house to make sure there was no disturbance of evidence. #Millard

Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC 32s32 seconds ago
Ravin Pillay is now cross-examining for Millard. #Millard

Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC 2m2 minutes ago
Pillay asks if he needs to document an accurate record of the scene. Johnston says yes. #Millard

Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC 19s20 seconds ago
Pillay and the officer and now running though all the things he might do at a crime scene, from collecting evidence to taking photos. "A scene can be a very complex environment, right?" Pillay asks. "It certainly can be," Johnston responds. #Millard

By the way, I'm following all of the reporters that I posted yesterday, but AC is the only one tweeting so far.

Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC 20s20 seconds ago
"You have no clue what occurred prior to your arrival at the scene, correct?" Pillay asks. Johnston says no, he doesn't. #Millard

Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC 7s7 seconds ago
Johnston also says this was a coroner's investigation at the time, not a homicide investigation. #Millard

Johnston says the video they recorded at the scene was short -- this was because the camera he was using at the scene ran out of batteries. "So there's no video at the scene other than six minutes," Pillay says. #Millard

Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC 33s34 seconds ago
Pillay also pointing out no rulers were put in photos at the scene -- these are standard forensic ID rulers that are often put in crime scenes to measure distance. "it wasn't done," Johnston says. #Millard

Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC 33s33 seconds ago
Johnston also says police took no measurements at the scene, as it was a coroner's investigation, and he wasn't directed to. #Millard

Interesting that all the news outlets sent someone on day 1 of the trial and it appears that none were sent today other than Adam Carter for the CBC. Was there that little interest in the stories yesterday? Perhaps there was and the media aren't going to pay their reporters to cover this trial?

Johnston says he seized the firearm, but nothing else from the scene was taken. "It was still just a suspicious death investigation," he says. #Millard

Johnston says there was no forensic evidence gathered from the bag that the gun was found in. Police also didn't seize the pillow that Millard was lying on. In the photos there's blood and a mark that looks like soot. No tests were done on that pillow, Johnston confirms. #Millard

Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC 39s39 seconds ago
Police also didn't seize the blankets that were on Millard, or examine them in any way, Johnston confirms. #Millard

Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC 30s30 seconds ago
"The blankets weren't investigated for any trace evidence, right?" Pillay asks. "They were not," Johnston says. #Johnston

Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC 12s12 seconds ago
None of the medication found in the room -- painkillers and muscle relaxers -- were seized either. Johnston also says he received info when he arrived at the scene that Wayne Millard was an alcoholic. #Millard

Johnston says he seized the firearm, but nothing else from the scene was taken. "It was still just a suspicious death investigation," he says. #Millard

Johnston says there was no forensic evidence gathered from the bag that the gun was found in. Police also didn't seize the pillow that Millard was lying on. In the photos there's blood and a mark that looks like soot. No tests were done on that pillow, Johnston confirms. #Millard

Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC 39s39 seconds ago
Police also didn't seize the blankets that were on Millard, or examine them in any way, Johnston confirms. #Millard

Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC 30s30 seconds ago
"The blankets weren't investigated for any trace evidence, right?" Pillay asks. "They were not," Johnston says. #Johnston

Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC 12s12 seconds ago
None of the medication found in the room -- painkillers and muscle relaxers -- were seized either. Johnston also says he received info when he arrived at the scene that Wayne Millard was an alcoholic. #Millard
Hmmm... this is not looking hopeful.

Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC 3m3 minutes ago
Now looking at this photo. There are a bunch of LCBO bags in the bottom left corner. #Millard
DenMoouVMAAMoyL.jpg

Now looking at this photo -- there are also some bottles that appear to be alcohol on the shelf. #Millard
DenNDQrU0AAJxX4.jpg

Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC 43s44 seconds ago
Johnston says he also received information that there was a safe in the home, and it might contain guns. #Millard

Adam Carter‏Verified account @AdamCarterCBC 40s40 seconds ago
Johnston says police did no investigation into the safe, or its contents. #Millard

I'm very confused by the chain of events that night and I hope that the police officers who first attended the scene will be testifying later today. The officer on the stand now is an actual forensic identification officer who was called to the scene to document things in a suspicious death investigation. What is the difference between that and an actual homicide investigation as far as the forensic documentation of the scene? How could he have shown up with a camera low on battery and no forensic identifying markers? Why wasn't the scene sealed right away?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlexWorksInTelly