Wayne Millard Murder Trial - Dellen Millard Charged With Murder - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was just watching the full DM video interview and found something interesting. I will try explain it as best I can to see what others think of this.

Apparently the housekeeper came by every day, twice. Once at 9 or 10am and then again around 5 or 6pm. At the 39 minute mark in DM's video statement, the officer asks DM if the housekeeper was the lady who pulled up to Maple Gate while DM was there with the police on Nov 29 (I am guessing this was around 7 or 8pm). DM says yes that was her and mentions that it seemed as though she had been there around 5pm since he noticed dinner made for his dad.

So why did the housekeeper come back for, supposedly, a third visit that day? Was she called by DM or MB? It just caught my attention that the officer brought this up to DM in the video.

Wonder where DM got the money for the 3 guns? He sent MS a text in April 2012 saying he was down to $2000 in bank and $7500 available on credit card.

Bare in mind, that’s what DM told MS. Doesn’t mean it’s true. MS sent plenty of texts about how he loved him and DM never totally reciprocated. MS was under DM’s control and I’m sure he was duped into getting the toolbox and gun from AM under DM’s instruction, in hopes it would frame MS. What DM didn’t take into account was LE finding out about his other ‘activities.’

I was just watching the full DM video interview and found something interesting. I will try explain it as best I can to see what others think of this.

Apparently the housekeeper came by every day, twice. Once at 9 or 10am and then again around 5 or 6pm. At the 39 minute mark in DM's video statement, the officer asks DM if the housekeeper was the lady who pulled up to Maple Gate while DM was there with the police on Nov 29 (I am guessing this was around 7 or 8pm). DM says yes that was her and mentions that it seemed as though she had been there around 5pm since he noticed dinner made for his dad.

So why did the housekeeper come back for, supposedly, a third visit that day? Was she called by DM or MB? It just caught my attention that the officer brought this up to DM in the video.

DM says it was neither odd nor not odd and she may have come to do the dishes. That mades sense to me. What doesn't make sense is her leaving a dinner to get cold on a desk. Obviously, he was dead for several hours by then so she could not have come that day IMO.

Good one , I have pondered that also ..... I think she can tell us more , dont remember if she will be called as a witness , or has written an affidavit for court .

Anyway , Dellen was probably hoping the housekeeper would find Wayne and report it , which we know didn't happen , I expect she treated his bedroom as somewhat "off limits" , "do not disturb" etc , so just left his meal on a desk.

We don't fully understand what her role as a housekeeper was at this point, so there could be a number of variables at play.
The disarray of the house has been noted -- it's not just localized to their respective bedrooms; even the communal areas are a disaster. This tells me that she wasn't on notice to clean the house SAVE the bedrooms, or something of that nature.
If she was, say, akin to a Mother's/Senior's Assistant -- maybe her role was to ensure the groceries were stocked, and if that were the case, she could have been returning to the home that evening with grocery items.

Most housekeepers, I think, have multiple clients. To visit one client 2x a day, with only a 5-6 hour window in between -- she must've (and very plausibly could have) been well-compensated, because that sounds like a gross inconvenience on her day and other duties/responsibilities -- even if only in her own personal life -- that she'd have.
Or, maybe she did have multiple clients, and circled back to Maple Gate at the end of it all.

Who knows. Does anyone know what her role was? "Housekeeper" is a pretty big umbrella term.

As an aside -- I tried to watch that interview last night. I clicked through a bunch of it because I couldn't stand the sound of his voice filling the silence in my home in the wee hours of the morning, but my observations are these:

I didn't think he was devoid of emotion, necessarily, but I saw right through to what it was -- I think it was a big soliloquy in a play, and he was but playing a character. I read his body language, voice, tone as being one of (very put on) shock. Here's a young man who has found his father dead -- his constant references to 'yesterday' when it was in fact 2 days prior says to me "oh, I can't keep track of the days / I haven't been sleeping / I'm still in shock / Time is simply unquantifiable for me right now"
The monotone, lackluster presentation of his recounting of events seems like an attempt to show an in-shock/disassociation to the events. The wearing of the coat and not being very demonstrative with body language signifies, to me, another layer in this multi-faceted shocked son facade -- I see it being a physical showing of protection -- the layers protect me, I keep my arms close to me; the same way you'd protect a wounded arm, he's attempting to show this in this way. To me it says, "Hey, I'm going to be cooperative, answer your questions as asked, but I'm not going to be here very long -- and while I am, I need to keep this extra layer of separation between us to protect my shocked sensitivities at the events that just unfolded." It's no secret to him that LE observe more than what is said verbally, and I think he played into that.

Seeing him look up to the camera a couple of times unprompted really solidified this perception for me, too.

When genuine, not everyone reacts to tragedy with high emotion.

I went in to say goodnight to my (terminally ill) grandmother and found she'd passed in the 15 minutes since I was last in there with her. She was my best friend, and if I had to predict prior how I'd react in that situation, I'd have told you I'd be a loud, emotional basketcase. Instead, I sat silently -- appearing stoic, maybe -- on the floor at the foot of the bed while life buzzed around me -- pronouncements, funeral directors arriving, family in and out. It wasn't until I was told that I needed to leave that I got up, and it wasn't until days after the funeral that I behaved closer to the ways I'd expected I would.

I'm not saying what I feel to be his "in shock" display is genuine, certainly. But I feel like he's a smart enough fella to know how to play that card. And I think he did.

All the world's a stage, and all the men and women merely players: they have their exits and their entrances; and one man in his time plays many parts.
He was who he needed to be dependent on his audience.
For LE, I believe he was intentionally stoic, putting on a dissociative-shocked performance.

I'm sure he thought it balanced out his mother's reaction quite nicely, too.

Sidebar #2 -- I always start out posting saying to myself "make it short and sweet" -- and yet, here we are ...

I wonder if DM was ever asked by LE who he went out on a date with the night his father died. Love to hear his answer to that.

I don't think LE have been able to ask DM anything since he lawyered up after his arrest. They wouldn't have had that info until they asked MM about that night during one of her 8 interrogations.

MOO

So many lies. I am losing all respect for Pillay during this trial. The picture of DM’s bloody eye - still don’t get why he fought so hard to have that removed from evidence. Judge has seen it, and can’t unseen it. Pillay making an issue of it will make it stand out more than if he hadn’t argued it out. Moo

Anyway , Dellen was probably hoping the housekeeper would find Wayne and report it , which we know didn't happen , I expect she treated his bedroom as somewhat "off limits" , "do not disturb" etc , so just left his meal on a desk.

DM says it was neither odd nor not odd and she may have come to do the dishes. That mades sense to me. What doesn't make sense is her leaving a dinner to get cold on a desk. Obviously, he was dead for several hours by then so she could not have come that day IMO.

Can you recall who identified the dish as the meal which was prepared for WM? If it was DM who claimed that's what it was, then I bet the housekeeper was called off, and the dish left out was just DM leaving his "snack" plate laying around. Do you remember how DM told his employees at Mildair to stay away the day he was working on TB's truck?

In the video, when the detective JH asks him to describe the events from the BEGINNING of the events that led DM to be with them - Dellen is confused to when the Beginning is and literally seems to think the BEGINNING is the day BEFORE the murder/suicide. Check it out. I understand there seems to be some confusion because it is after midnight and the talk about the Thurs. Fri. confusion, but there totally seemed to me to be more than that for DM.

I was thinking that, too, Kamille. The credit card company would have a record of the date and time the charge was made by the pizza place.

I'm not sure it is important whether MM was right in her estimate that they walked to the plaza around 9pm or whether it was in fact closer to 1am, really... I guess RP could argue that it shows that she is confused about the night in question and she's actually thinking of another night (esp. since she testified it must have been a weekend when it was in fact a Wednesday and that at the time, her birthday was "coming up" when it was in fact over 2 months away)... BUT the taxi records and cell phone pings put him there that day and those don't lie. So regardless of the timeline, the unusual things she remembered about the "night he slept over", like him leaving his credit card and a phone, and him coming back several hours later while they were asleep to crash on the floor, are significant. I also think her testifying that she had seen DM with the "old-school" gun before is very important. (IMO)

BBM I don't think MM was going to school at that point, so it sounds like they did a lot of "hanging out". Maybe without structure in her life she had no reason to worry about what day it was.

I am way behind but need to copy Matou's post here.

"I wonder if rabbit did some cleaning up before calling 911?"

As we know, she had done this before, and walked away.
Wonder what happens here: walks away AGAIN. :(

I think the entire thing was written by MB. It is possible that MB also helped DM write WM's obit, while still keeping what DM wanted to say? jmo.

And asking for donations to his "still unlaunched" animal welfare mission, money to be sent to Maple Gate. I wonder if anyone donated and what happened to that money?:rolleyes:

myself as well. Actually in 2010 or 2011 a sandy haired young man knocked on our door wanting to use our phone during go-home traffic time. He said he needed gas. He said he didn't have his phone or wallet with him. He said he would call a friend. It was strange from the start. Why did he not have a wallet while driving?

My husband was home thank goodness. We passed him the phone to use on the porch. Now in retrospect I wonder if it was DM. If it was, what was his plan?
Could be important some time. Keep your memory!
Would be interesting to know if others in your area had similar incidents.

Curious whether others agree with my take on all of this - DM was the shooter (or killer, by whatever means) with LB and WM, and therefore that MS's testimony in Bosma, while self-serving, is likely close to the truth. Oh - and that MS, although not charged in the current case, knew full well what DM was up to that night. Just my opinion, of course.

It probably doesn't even matter but it seems worth noting that the pics we've all seen of the inside of DM's house on Maple Gate Court were actually taken about 8 months after WM died. "Almost a year had passed since Babcock mysteriously went missing when Hamilton Police arrived to take photos." MANDEL: Inside the home of accused killer Dellen Millard
We have no idea if it looked like that when WM was alive. It did seem his own bedroom (based on pics of the night he died) was sort of messy/cluttered but it's impossible to know if the rest of the house looked like that. I am looking forward to the housekeeper's statement for sure.

Curious whether others agree with my take on all of this - DM was the shooter (or killer, by whatever means) with LB and WM, and therefore that MS's testimony in Bosma, while self-serving, is likely close to the truth. Oh - and that MS, although not charged in the current case, knew full well what DM was up to that night. Just my opinion, of course.

Agreed 100% on all counts. To me it makes more sense that he would have told MS about it ahead of time, instead of him not telling him at all. Based on their texts back and forth, it's really clear DM likes to brag about his crimes, and likes having someone pat him on the back and feed his ego. I think MS knew exactly where DM was going on this so-called "date" and exactly what he was going to do.

Hi all, I’m sorry that I haven’t been posting tweets. I was able to go to the trial briefly yesterday morning before having to leave before lunch. I didn’t get to hear much, but it gave me a feel for the courtroom and people involved. If anyone has questions about general observations, please let me know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member