We need help identifying this brand of shoes.

A lot of companies make sandals and flops with a “tire tread”-looking sole, but you can still find them made with real cut up tire in Mexico, so I imagine other places still make them, too.

I think we need a pinned post with what's been looked at and what exclusions have already been made, as well as the various image manipulations some members have done. I fear that many new to this thread won't take the time to read it in full (who in their right mind would?!) and will potentially be repeating what's already been researched.

EA373096-BAAF-4FD4-8375-960E2B25C2A2.jpegFound this. Isn’t exactly right bc obviously the logos/text is missing. I saw the chevron print in the tread which kinda looks like it’s in the original photo. Maybe that’s why it looks like it’s on fabric? Doubtful but I’m throwing it out there. I’ve searched for vintage shoes but nothing that matches so far.

I'm halfway through the thread so I don't know if this idea has already been presented. However, it would be really, really helpful if we could be provided with the year and country the crime was committed. We're wasting the time of WSers who are trying to to find shoes manufactured in the last twenty years if the crime was committed before that.

Initially when I saw the truncated imprint it made me think the person who was at the scene of the crime tiptoed through the crime seen. But now I wonder if it's not a sole print but a heel print. I'm thinking that because the area where the logo is diminished could be due to pronation of the person wearing the shoes. Pronation is when your foot rolls inward when walking or running. There are three different kinds of pronation: Neutral, Overpronators and Supinators. If it is a heel print the wearer falls into the last category.

If it is a heel print and not a sole print that begs the question where is the rest of the imprint? I don't think the imprint is from the manufacturer but from a heel cap replacement. Dress shoes are usually the shoes one would have re-heeled and dress shoes many times have smooth leather soles. If the shoes were worn enough to have the heels redone, then it's likely the soles were worn smooth leaving little identifiers. It's possible the imprint was from walking over a large drop of blood that only affected the heel rather than a pool of blood.

I joined a Facebook skateboard group with almost 500k members. I posted the print hoping that community might shed some light if this is a skate shoe. Fingers crossed! It’s only been posted a couple hours as admins had to approve. I’m new to this site and am loving it! Spent hours riffling through shoe searches last night

Brilliant. I almost did the same earlier today ❤
I got a hit on the Facebook skateboard group! Logo is similar! Brand is Lakai. Thoughts?
I have looked at so many Lakai treads these past few days, same with quiksilver, which I don't think it is. No dice so far.
I've looked at skate shoes, snow boots, snowboarding boots, trail shoes, running shoes, tennis shoes, motorbike boots, boxing shoes, boat shoes, baseball boots, slides, flip flops, hiking boots........
It's so frustrating!.
Lakai has been on the list of possibilities for a bit. Has anyone seen this exact shoe print though? I've looked at all the Lakai shoes I'll ever want to and didn't find a match.

Nope. Nothing :(

I'm halfway through the thread so I don't know if this idea has already been presented. However, it would be really, really helpful if we could be provided with the year and country the crime was committed. We're wasting the time of WSers who are trying to to find shoes manufactured in the last twenty years if the crime was committed before that.

Initially when I saw the truncated imprint it made me think the person who was at the scene of the crime tiptoed through the crime seen. But now I wonder if it's not a sole print but a heel print. I'm thinking that because the area where the logo is diminished could be due to pronation of the person wearing the shoes. Pronation is when your foot rolls inward when walking or running. There are three different kinds of pronation: Neutral, Overpronators and Supinators. If it is a heel print the wearer falls into the last category.

If it is a heel print and not a sole print that begs the question where is the rest of the imprint? I don't think the imprint is from the manufacturer but from a heel cap replacement. Dress shoes are usually the shoes one would have re-heeled and dress shoes many times have smooth leather soles. If the shoes were worn enough to have the heels redone, then it's likely the soles were worn smooth leaving little identifiers. It's possible the imprint was from walking over a large drop of blood that only affected the heel rather than a pool of blood.
What we have is a photo of a shoeprint. The print was in a garage on dry cement. The shoe print was wet but quickly drying when the photo was taken. We are looking at the right foot, toe/ball of foot area. The crime was committed "months ago".

What we have is a photo of a shoeprint. The print was in a garage on dry cement. The shoe print was wet but quickly drying when the photo was taken. We are looking at the right foot, toe/ball of foot area. The crime was committed "months ago".

Without the full imprint of the shoe how do we know we are looking at the ball of the right foot? If the cement floor was dry how did the print end up wet? Did forensics use chemical enhancements to isolate the print?

I really think you may be on to something with the chevron print being what looks like cloth. TBH, I've never seen cement with that texture. OTOH, the texture is over the entire photo iirc, which means it must be the cement-??
Really? I actually find the texture to be pretty reminiscent of cement, specifically for an unfinished basement or garage.

Really? I actually find the texture to be pretty reminiscent of cement, specifically for an unfinished basement or garage.
I was going to say it does kinda look like that. My question is…is the cement new? Bc that pattern would have been worn down over time if it was older. So, fairly new development? The house would be semi new or at least the garage is.

Last edited:
I am putting together a post to pin to the first page. I'll add sources (post numbers mainly) at the end. Would someone take a look and let know what you think, please? TIA!

FURTHER FACTS received from CCIRI:
The image we've been given is a photograph of a wet shoeprint.

The photo was taken "months ago."

The print was made by a wet shoe on dry cement inside of a garage.

The image is backwards due to being a photo.

The shoe is "juvenile" (we aren't completely sure if the wearer was a juvenile or if it is juvenile-sized. If juvenile-sized it could still be for an adult with small feet).

Horizontally flipping the original image shows what the sole of the shoe would look like if you were looking directly at it.

The CCIRI is aware that part of the image resembles, imperfectly, the Quiksilver logo.

Other pertinent information discovered by WS members' research:

Possible logo resemblances and/or brands based on letters
: Quiksilver, Lakai, Etnies, Mayan images, Zaidig-Voltaire

Possible types of shoes based on tread design and probable function thereof: espadrilles, beach shoes, water shoes, slippers, tennis shoes, skate shoes (for skateboarding), slides,

Types of shoes excluded: flip-flops, sneakers, hiking boots, leather-soled dress shoes (usually no tread design, and with stitching), work shoes (ie construction), work boots

Possible outsole materials: rubber, EVA foam, Vulcanized rubber, rubber crepe

What's that a picture of?
Possibilities
: Letters J and P, flexing wolf, flexing rat, boxing kangaroo, wave and mountain, boat and sail, jack of clubs, The Joker, Rosie the Riveter, oil rig, Greek key, outline of California and Mexico, runner and walker

What are those letters? What do they stand for?
Interpretations considered:
CA LADG
- California LA Design Group
CA LADC - California LA Detention Center
CA LADY
CA ZADG
CA LAOG
CA LROG
CA CROC
- Croc brand shoes
CA LA DC - California LA DC Comics
CALZADO - Spanish for "footwear"
VULCANIZADO - Spanish for "Vulcanized" (as in Vulcanized rubber)

CA could mean California or Canada or be part of a larger word

The image and its variations: I'll insert the photos later!
Flipped horizontally and sharpened:
Traced:
Proving inversion of image:
Partial image of "picture" in tread found lower in print and reasonably assumed to repeat:
Mystery letters in upper right of photo
:

Databases:
Bata Shoe Museum in Toronto
SoleMate FPX 3.0 (FBI software) - not available to mere WSers
Global Brand Database

I know there are more images to mention, probably other things too, but I've gotta run for now.

What about deck shoes?
FWIW I looked at a lot of flip flops, deck shoes, slides, skate and snowboard shoes, motorcycle boots.... I feel as if the pattern would be going around the edge of the shoes and we just have a partial print IMO. (?) seems like border print to me.

A lot of shoes do not have an intricate pattern on the bottom. I periodically get frustrated with this search and give up but I did look at a lot of shoe soles at Kohls today.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back