We need help identifying this brand of shoes.

Is it just me but I see very distinct tread lines but the LAOG seems weirdly indistinct.

Why would that be?
It really does... Especially that last letter. Even the tread within that weird triangle thing is pretty distinct. Maybe it's scratched up or some little piece of something was stuck to it? What are you thinking?

It really does... Especially that last letter. Even the tread within that weird triangle thing is pretty distinct. Maybe it's scratched up or some little piece of something was stuck to it? What are you thinking?
I don't know. Maybe something to do with the walker's gait? A wobble that smeared the print... like, over time, that's the part of the tread that would show excess wear?

So...relatively new shoe... walker who steps heavy on the inner or outer aspect of her/his foot? Depending on whether this is a right or left shoe.....

A titch bow-legged (if it's the outer part)?

JMO

Some of those letters look fake, almost "hand-drawn". There also seem to be traces of previous letters, IMO not explainable by an unsteady or inherent gait or by slippery surface conditions. What if the perp or another party altered the lettering on the sole to read something else--shaving off previous lettering with a single-edged razor blade--and then glued on other lettering or applied new material, for the purpose of throwing off forensic analysis. In numismatics, this is known as "sweating": grinding down a coin's date or mintmark and replacing it with a different date or letter (using genuine materials but glued or soldered on) for the purposes of counterfeiting a rarity, though the average coin dealer will either flat-out not be fooled or will send it to the ANA in Colorado Springs for authentication (for an up-front fee).
All of which BTW strongly points toward premeditation.
MOO
(initial flipped image attached for reference)

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221113-194752.png
    Screenshot_20221113-194752.png
    554.2 KB · Views: 39
Some of those letters look fake, almost "hand-drawn". There also seem to be traces of previous letters, IMO not explainable by an unsteady or inherent gait or by slippery surface conditions. What if the perp or another party altered the lettering on the sole to read something else--shaving off previous lettering with a single-edged razor blade--and then glued on other lettering or applied new material, for the purpose of throwing off forensic analysis. In numismatics, this is known as "sweating": grinding down a coin's date or mintmark and replacing it with a different date or letter (using genuine materials but glued or soldered on) for the purposes of counterfeiting a rarity, though the average coin dealer will either flat-out not be fooled or will send it to the ANA in Colorado Springs for authentication (for an up-front fee).
All of which BTW strongly points toward premeditation.
MOO
(initial flipped image attached for reference)
Maybe these are detention center freebies that kids carve? LADG.... Maybe it means something? Because it's the only part that looks doctored.

JMO

Maybe these are detention center freebies that kids carve? LADG.... Maybe it means something? Because it's the only part that looks doctored.

JMO
I know someone up thread got a photo of a shoes used in an LA detention center... I wonder if we could find the ones used in a juvenile detention center. I just tried, but no luck. I'm not sure how to word a search. There are two juvenile halls in LA - Sylmar and Eastlake. Could be more too.

I know someone up thread got a photo of a shoes used in an LA detention center... I wonder if we could find the ones used in a juvenile detention center. I just tried, but no luck. I'm not sure how to word a search. There are two juvenile halls in LA - Sylvan and Eastlake. Could be more too.
Like "shower shoe's" slides ?

I don't know anything about anime or manga, but I found this:
Lao G is a character in "One Piece" Japanese manga. Here he is. JP could be Japan.
Here is some imagery from One Piece. It looks like several shoe brands have done collabs and there are many custom/etsy things as well... so probably a lot of off-brand stuff, too. Sigh... I do not have a future in this sort of work!

1670039493833.png1670038962710.png1670039182000.png 1670038693165.png

And the Lao G character is not a key character and looks kind of weird, but then, they all do!!!
"Lao G is an officer of the Donquixote Pirates' Diamante Army. Due to his actions and role, he is a supporting antagonist during the Dressrosa Arc."
1670039853908.png

The first conclusion I have come to is that it should be a law that all shoes and sneaker ads and displays must show the sole pattern. The second is that most of us now have hundreds of sole patterns in our heads and should be considered print analysis resources.....

The first conclusion I have come to is that it should be a law that all shoes and sneaker ads and displays must show the sole pattern. The second is that most of us now have hundreds of sole patterns in our heads and should be considered print analysis resources.....
Has anyone actually purchased shoes as a result of this? I was fine until I started looking at "juvenile shoes". I have 3 growing grandkids.

I think @Live_and_Learn is onto something. See post #527.

I mean, this may require stretching your imagine a bit, but bear with me here!

One Piece manga has quite a bit of footwear collabs out there, I found a shoe with "ONE PIECE" written along the outside of the sole:
IMG_20221203_150820.jpg
I the the CA that we've be looking at could be the ON of ONE. And the L/Z could be the anchor symbol.

Also, this guy:
1670039182000.png
could fit the image of the flexing whatever it is if his hat or head was just tipped slightly forward. I wonder if there is a similar image of him out there with his head in a different position but with him still flexing his arm.

Add to this that in our image the top could look like the top of this guy's hat. AND clubs (and hearts, I think) play into this anime series a bit also. I see them in one of the pics live_and_learn attached.

Thoughts?!

IMG_20221203_150654.jpg

I think @Live_and_Learn is onto something. See post #527.

I mean, this may require stretching your imagine a bit, but bear with me here!

One Piece manga has quite a bit of footwear collabs out there, I found a shoe with "ONE PIECE" written along the outside of the sole:
View attachment 384747
I the the CA that we've be looking at could be the ON of ONE. And the L/Z could be the anchor symbol.

Also, this guy:
View attachment 384748
could fit the image of the flexing whatever it is if his hat or head was just tipped slightly forward. I wonder if there is a similar image of him out there with his head in a different position but with him still flexing his arm.

Add to this that in our image the top could look like the top of this guy's hat. AND clubs (and hearts, I think) play into this anime series a bit also. I see them in one of the pics live_and_learn attached.

Thoughts?!

View attachment 384750
Replying to myself because I just ran across this:IMG_20221203_154258.jpg
Check out that final E. That could be what we've all thought looked like a G!

Today I visited my local REI, not just on the off-chance that our shoe is carried by them, but because I know them to be helpful and knowledgeable. With a printed copy of the original flipped image in hand, I asked a few of them, including the manager on duty, if they recognized it or the lettering. None of them did, but they were all pleased with my inquiry, and thanked me for asking. Also, before printing it out at home, I added the thread's URL to the image as a way of unobtrusive name-dropping, naturally in the Trebuchet MS font used here on WS.
This approach probably won't work at really big stores like Walmart, but it might be worth a try at footwear, sporting goods and other recreation stores.
JMO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smokylotus
Back