We the Jury! Deliberations

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you guys think the evidence that was presented from Stacy will help?

Do you think the jury knows Stacy is missing - or perhaps think DP murdered her? I was thinking about this. As a juror, I would wonder why her pastor and attorney privileges were waived, yet she didn't testify. I would think that perhaps DP was in jail for her murder already.

Keeping alternates is grounds for an appeal? I never heard of that before. IMO, this objection is a frivolous attempt to derail aka DESPERATE.

I wasn't just talking about the alternates. You asked why they had to object to "everything" - many of their objections are made with half an eye towards an appeal if their client gets convicted.

Jurors were not dressed alike per Beth K. on IS.

Everyone as nervous as I am?

I am extremely nervous, lonetraveler. Unless there is a guilty verdict or a hung jury, this is the last shot at justice for Kathleen. A not guilty verdict would end it and DP would never pay for what I feel he did to Kathleen.

Please let this jury use their common sense and take whatever time is needed to go over the evidence. Is it more likely than not that DP committed murder? I think so. Was this an accident or was it murder? I think murder. On the way to their verdict, I do hope that they consider all questions.

How would they overcome Pastor Schori's testimony? Harry Smith's? Kathleen's written words and words she spoke to others? They would have to think all these people are lying in order to not convict. They have to not believe any of the expert testimony the prosecution presented. I have named credible testimony.

I think there is just too much circumstantial evidence to ignore. I could say much, nuch more but will not hog this thread. Today is different. The lawyers are no longer in control. The judge has to let this jury deliberate. All hands off until they have reached their verdict.

My prayers are with this jury. They are the most important people in this trial now other than Kathleen Savio.

:please:

How can an alternate possibly deliberate if they have not been in the jury room on all the discussions????? If they have to replace someone I mean.

How can an alternate possibly deliberate if they have not been in the jury room on all the discussions????? If they have to replace someone I mean.

My understanding is if a juror is dismissed and replaced by an alternate, deliberations start over.

Maybe someone else with more knowledge about the law can confirm this.

Beth Karas from IS says that the defense could/might be willing to accept a mistrial..Whaaaat?

diane pathieu ‏@dianepathieu
Only a few jurors packed an "overnight" bag. A clue? What do you think about the outcome?

hmmmm

Beth Karas from IS says that the defense could/might be willing to accept a mistrial..Whaaaat?

Nonsense. That's an out of context quote from the defense's objection to the alternates. It amazes me how badly wrong the media get things sometimes.

I am usually fairly quiet during this time because I am so nervous. This means so much to me.

All I can do now is hope and pray.

:please:

stopped on a number of occasions because of a juror who suffers from terrible
asthma or had a bad bout of bronchitis. (I don't remember which precisely)
I hope that person is well now and is able to complete their civic duty without a hitch.
I think that the judge must be expecting a quick turnaround or else he wouldn't take a risk like that. They expect a speedy verdict.

In Session The alternate jurors are now gone. The attorneys then approach the bench for a sidebar.

In Session The sidebar ends. Attorney Steve Greenberg objects to the fact that the judge is keeping the alternates, says that the law mandates that they be released once the deliberations begin. Judge: “So you’re telling me that if someone becomes ill, Mr. Peterson is going to accept 11 jurors?” Greenberg: “I think it would result in a mistrial.” Judge: “So if something happens, then all of this is for naught?” Greenberg: “That is what I believe is a correct statement of the law.” Prosecutor Glasgow says the State agrees with what the judge has done here. The judge decides to defer his ruling on this issue until the attorneys can produce any case law to back up their positions. In the meantime, he will handle his normal morning calendar, and the Peterson trial is in recess until further notice.

Why do they have to object to everything???? :banghead:

Ruth Ravve ‏@RuthRavve
#DrewPeterson Attorneys back in courtroom briefly to figure out which exhibits will be given to jurors...

Craig Wall ‏@craigrwall
Judge has asked attorneys to return to courtroom to discuss what exhibits should go back to the jury. Simply procedural.

Do you guys think the evidence that was presented from Stacy will help?

Do you think the jury knows Stacy is missing - or perhaps think DP murdered her? I was thinking about this. As a juror, I would wonder why her pastor and attorney privileges were waived, yet she didn't testify. I would think that perhaps DP was in jail for her murder already.

I think the Stacy evidence was huge. There was fear and vulnerability in what was testified, under oath, that she said. And I would wonder why she wasn't called to say it herself. I would ask my fellow jurors if they knew why she wasn't there, even if her testimony might have been limited by the judge. (Assuming they can discuss it.)

I'm going to pick this guy for Foreman from ^. He is in his 50's and has had some life experience. Strikes me he may be a critical thinker :moo:

A man in his 50s who has lived in Will County his entire life. He works as a homebuilder, developer and consultant, and he used to own his own construction company. He is married and has a cousin who’s a retired Joliet police officer. He’s also taking flying lessons to become a pilot.

If i was in the Jury room

I'm thinking the foreman will be the plant manager in his 60's. He is use to being in charge of people and planning.

I think as a juror I'd start with the forensic pathology evidence. Was this an accident or not? If it was an accident then the rest is irrelevant, but if it wasn't the rest is evidence which needs to be assessed. The pathologists are the natural starting point for deliberations, IMO.

MOO and all that...

diane pathieu ‏@dianepathieu
Only a few jurors packed an "overnight" bag. A clue? What do you think about the outcome?

hmmmm

I like the fact that some did pack an overnight bag. I think it signifies they are intending to go over all the evidence presented and know that it will take longer than one day.

It seems that jurors like to take a quick vote in the very beginning to see where they stand. Wonder what that vote would reveal?

I honestly believe this jury is going to be very, very careful.

Wonder why the lawyers are being summoned back to the courtroom? This is happenening right now.

Craig Wall ‏@craigrwall
Brodsky: three hour window is the benchmark they are watching. If deliberations go longer he says that's good for #DrewPeterson

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500