We the jury find the defendant Casey Anthony...

We the Websleuth Jury find the defendant Casey Anthony...

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I find it interesting that you think that, because I thought JA spent a good amount of time on chloroform during his rebuttal. He talked about Vass and the other experts, how they all agreed chloroform was there, how chloroform is volatile, how the amount in the trunk in June would have been much higher than it was in July when the car was taken by police, how the chloroform couldn't have come from bleach, how the chloroform couldn't have come from cleaning products, etc.

:cow:

ETA: I would agree that the state did seem to ignore the chloroform searches. I just saw your other post on the subject, so if that's what you were referring to, then I would agree. I think the state knows there is a discrepancy with the site being visited 84 times (though I do think it was unintentional).

That was what I meant :) I should have been more clear. I believe it was unintentional too.

I hadn't seen any of your posts the past few days because I have been super busy and the threads have been moving so fast, but I actually thought about you when I was reading this thread and was really wondering what your answer would be. Thank you so much for all of your input through this! It has been really interesting to read your POV.

I'm pleased if my thoughts were helpful to anyone. Of course, we are all different people, and we all bring our own thought patterns and life experiences into our conclusions, so there is no way of discerning what verdict this jury will reach. But I have faith in them. :)

I'm a hard sell. For me personally, I don't think the state proved premeditated murder. It's certainly possible ICA intended to kill her daughter, I just can't say that she did that beyond a reasonable doubt. What I CAN say beyond ANY doubt is that Caylee Anthony died as a result of a crime Casey Anthony committed against her. And I have would have NO problem finding her guilty of first degree murder. None.

Guess we'll just have to wait and see what the real juror's decide. But like I said, I have complete faith that they will reach the only logical conclusion in this case. :)

While I believe she was involved I think the state did not probe premeditation and did not prove aggravated child abuse since they have very little evidence on the chloroform. If we go with the evidence I think she will not get convicted on murder 1.... And will instead get a lesser murder conviction. JB has been criticized but did a respectable job and is a good lawyer. He made mistakes but he had a very difficult case to work with.

Felony murder, because of the aggravated child abuse.

Personally, I believe it was premeditated but I didn't see enough evidence for that. Since felony murder is a capital offense, it won't make a difference in terms of the penalty phase. Of course, she will be guilty of the lying to LE charge.

ITA~because the scenario of premeditation for murder with the chloroform or accidental death caused by chloroform are both murder 1, I would go with the felony murder. No doubt the chloroform was there, but in what capacity it was used, I'm not certain.

On a side note, my sister kept doing the giant eye roll because her daughter, my oldest niece only 6 years my junior, and I were texting about the case every day. Turns out that while my sister was helping my niece clean her house, the trial was on and she got hooked. She basically went from thinking we were dingbats to being totally obsessed to the point of being able to recite the state's rebuttal case today, lol.

She is the most logical one in my entire family...she says felony murder.

If following this case since the days it broke on Nancy Grace nationally has taught me anything... ANYTHING at all... is that anything can happen. Nothing should be shocking... because there is NOTHING at all normal about this case. Twists, turns, jaw dropping, finger pointing...So I try to keep my mind open as to what the verdict may be. I myself have convicted ICA years ago. But never really knew why.

It took me until today to understand the WHY. I always thought maybe an accident... I just couldn't understand. Yes, maybe she wanted to go out and party and mom wouldn't babysit and she took drastic matters... maybe she lied because she was just a pathological liar. I just couldn't get it. It never sunk in. Over the last week or so... watching her response to putting her Father in the hotspot. Watching his pain, and watching her sit there stone faced... I realized that she is capable of murder. She cared about NOONE but herself. Having LDB wrap it up for me today and remind me of what I already knew... putting all the pieces together... I've come to the point peace and understand in my heart that I know I could put Caylee Marie to rest now.

I hope and pray justice is served and she gets the appropriate punishment. LWOP, or death... I don't know. I just know I never want to see her blankless, empty stare again.

I realize that by reading others posts here that I share the same opinion of others... and that brings me hope that the jury is reacting in the same way. But, I'm unsure. Time will tell. Its now in their hands. We have to trust in them to do whats right, to see and understand what we've been so passionate about for these last few years. Because Caylee Anthony has been a part of our lives LONGER than she was part of ICA's life.

sigh.... I need closure. I need a guilty verdict.

I wish I could be as could be as sure, but I'm just not. The state almost completely avoided the chloroform in their closing and IMO the jury will notice that and wonder why. You don't spend days on forensic evidence to prove chloroform was involved and then barely mention in it closing unless there's a problem with. I think the duct tape is their strongest shot at getting a first degree conviction, premeditated. MOO

I agree with you that you don't spend days on forensic evidence about chloroform, then almost ignore it in closing. I think the state avoided the chloroform searches on the final day of closing because the DT filed some motion about those chloroform searches.

In regard to those chloroform searches. Stengar initially used a tried and true method for searching the A's computer. The result was 1 how to make chloroform hit, and 83 myspace hits. Then after taking a seminar on the cacheback program he tried using it, had problems and the guy who wrote the cacheback program tried to run a search. The programmer worked 3 different nights fine tuning and adjusting the cacheback program. Finally yielding a report that said how to make chloroform was searched 84 times, however, there was no hits on the myspace page. Obviously, there is a problem here.

My problem with all this is that not only did JA and LDB know that this search was obviously problematic and was totally different than the original tried and true search, but they hammered it home repeatedly to the jury. Now they can both claim it was an innocent mistake on their part, or they honestly believed the cacheback report was correct, but this is one of the single most important pieces of evidence in this trial, and they had to know about both searches and the discrepencies between them, they are way too good not to have checked this out thoroughly. They took a chance that JB and team would miss it, but they were mistaken.

That leads to real problems in the integrity of the states case. If the state was willing to use the inflated number 84 how to make chloroform searches and hammer it home to the jury numerous times, what other evidence that has been presented is also an innocent mistake? Do we really give the death penalty to anyone because of a computer error? Because the state used the 84, it makes me wonder about the duct tape as well. Perhaps someone misspoke about the original location of the duct tape.

GG this reply to your post was made in the spirit of jurors deliberating in a deliberation room. Your posts have been very thought provoking, and I enjoy reading your posts very much.

As always, my entire post is my opinion only.

GUILTY of first degree. All the other counts will bring it "up" to premeditated murder. Chloroform and duct tape were obviously used by Casey. It only takes one second to premeditate a murder.

I am watching the live stream site and they have just switched from the hallway to the jury media room and they have just finished testing the microphone. This may or maynot mean anything.

I was never on the fence on if she did it.. I was always a little on the fence as to WHY DID SHE DO IT.

I have disliked ICA. I have felt sorry for her parents.. however I have never ever cried over this case.. not until today.. it was crystal clear to me.. the ending statement and seeing ICA with the tat and dancing.. ICA was TRULY happy in that picture.

I got it.. I saw the light of exactly why the state has charged her as they did. I have replayed that part of the closing and looked at ICA with a new light.. even worse than before because I never knew why.. I always asked myself why why why why... and now to see exactly why..If a picture paints a thousand words then that picture today most certainly will be etched in my vising forever.

I am so sickened more NOW than ever before. I am so worried that she wont get what is due. I use to think well as long as she is put away.. it will be ok.. now no way.. she needs the death penalty.. anything less i feel is a let down.

My emotions tonight are very, very frail due to all of this.. it finally hit me like a ton of bricks as it hasn't before in this way.

All the jury has to do is listen to Casey Anthony as she speaks to the 911 operator. That shows right there that Caylee's death was not an accident and it shows how she couldn't really care less about Caylee. It was even a bother to talk with the op about her.

Then if we listen to the jail house call to Cindy, Lee and her friend we still see talking about Caylee is a waste of time according to Casey Anthony. Even then..........she is bored with the Caylee subject and wants to move on to things that excites her more.......like the possibility of getting to talk to TonE.

It is right there in all the evidence presented. Casey Anthony cared nothing at all about Caylee. All those times she mimicked motherhood was to make herself look good. It had nothing to do with being a good mother to Caylee. It was the same way she wanted to 'appear' to her friends. She showed them the fake Casey every time because the real Casey did not put her in the best light.

Guilty of premeditated murder and aggravated child abuse.

IMO

I believe she is guilty of first degree.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, but I can not understand why anyone would feel that she is not guilty. Evidence points that someone in the household killed Caylee. There is no evidence that it was Lee, Cindy, or George. That leaves KC.

The police asked KC if this was an accident - mentioned moms who have rolled over their babies, kids who have drowned, etc. KC said - no, none of that.

For those who believe she is not guilty - is this because you believe Caylee drowned? Or do you believe that someone else took Caylee and killed her?

WOW. I am stunned. I have always felt that there was a big chance that she would be acquitted of first degree murder because the SA could not show how Caylee died but I hoped that she would be found guilty of at least manslaughter. UGH! I know that a lot of people kept saying that they didn't need to know how she died but I really think that this is what lost the cause for the SA. Without knowing BARD how she died meant that there was no proof BARD that Casey did it. This is what was so frustrating to me. I really feel that she was guilty but knowing someone is guilty is completely different that proving that they were. I wish the SA would have added a charge for hiding a corpse. I just hate the idea that she is not being held accountable for anything. :banghead:

Guilty on all counts!

this goes toward my opinion of it being felony murder

She will not even have probabtion but she will have a bulls eye on her back for years. If her lawyers care about her they will send her out of the county and get her help.

She will not even have probabtion but she will have a bulls eye on her back for years. If her lawyers care about her they will send her out of the county and get her help.

What she did was horrible and unforgivable but I really hope that people rise above their anger and don’t do anything stupid. Just because we don’t agree with the outcome we can’t be take matters into our own hands or we are just as bad as she is.

i didnt get in in time to vote. i would vote murder in the 1st premeditated.

I don't know for sure. I think that's what would happen. I believe that aggravated manslaughter is a first-degree felony so she would be found guilty of 1st degree murder.
That is incredibly incorrect. It's a 1st degree felony, but it's not murder 1. Those are two diff crimes/charges.

I don't see the felony manslaughter charge on the list. If it is indeed a felony to administer chloroform to a child and use duct tape to tape a child's face, and the result is death for a child under 12, then that puts the sentence in the same place as Murder One in the state of Florida.

I believe that the felony manslaughter is Aggravated Manslaughter of a Child.
Felony Manslaughter is not an official charge in Florida.
Manslaughter is the name and it's a 2nd degree felony(max is 15 yrs in prison).
Aggravated Manslaughter of a child is 1st degree felony(max is 30 yrs)

No.

She is guilty of every charge. I have no reasonable doubt.
That is not how the system works. You need to go over all evidence and then make a decision. Be open minded, come on.

Just a little nit. There is no such thing as an "Innocent" verdict. Also, "not guilty" != innocent. It only means the jury felt there was not enough evidence to convict.

Guilty does not mean you did it either, hence the MANY innocent people in prison and those that have been released.

Interesting thread though.

That is incredibly incorrect. It's a 1st degree felony, but it's not murder 1. Those are two diff crimes/charges.

Felony Manslaughter is not an official charge in Florida.
Manslaughter is the name and it's a 2nd degree felony(max is 15 yrs in prison).

That is not how the system works. You need to go over all evidence and then make a decision. Be open minded, come on.

Guilty does not mean you did it either, hence the MANY innocent people in prison and those that have been released.

Interesting thread though.

I believe that Felony manslaughter of a child under 12 is in the books in Florida.
What's with resurrecting this old thread?

I believe that Felony manslaughter of a child under 12 is in the books in Florida.
What's with resurrecting this old thread?

I edited my post. Felony manslaughter is not the correct name. I don't even know what that is..maybe in ur state it exists

In FL there is manslaughter and aggravated manslaughter of a child.

it's semantics, but idk what felony manslaughter is...like I said, in FL we have diff degrees, diff terms, etc.

also, the last post was 3 days ago, how am I resurrecting this?

The jury spoke loud and clear. This thread is irrelevant at this point. ;)

Closing up.

See the Sidebar Discussion thread for more info. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member