Websleuths is MOVING to a new home

Discussion in 'Up to the Minute' started by Tricia, May 17, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tricia

Tricia Owner Websleuths.com Staff Member Administrator

Hi Satch,

All you will need to do is type in www.websleuths.com and the new site will come up after the installation project is over.

As far as the bookmarks I am going to ask Dave our tech guy about this just to be sure.

I'll come back with the answer sometime tomorrow.

Tricia

2. Tricia

Is it too early in our relationship to ask you to marry me? LOL

Thank you LaLaw.

3. Tricia

You won't need a bookmark to this old forum to get to the new one. It will be as easy as typing www.websleuths.com

This forum will be gone and in its place will be the new forum.

4. Tricia

YES YES YES WHAT AMONET SAID.

Thank you Amonet.

5. Tricia

Please remember to go to our Websleuths Facebook page and our Twitter account. We will be updating the progress of the move as well as keeping you updated on the
    true crime stories everyone is following.

6. Tricia

ONE MORE BIG ANNOUNCEMENT TO HELP JUMP START YOUR NERVES LOL.

The way we will handle timeouts and bannings is changing.

Now we will use a points system.

Let's say you post something really obnoxious in the Anthony forum. You would be alerted that you have a warning. The warning will tell you what you did wrong and how many points you received due to your comment.

Each infraction will be assigned points.

Example: A snarky comment is worth 2 points. Those two points will stay on your record for 30 days. If within 30 days you end up with 5 points you get a 3 day time out.

The good news is the points drop off your record after 30 days.

If you end up being so difficult that the infractions total more than 5 points in a 30 day period your time out will be longer.

This is a way to take away the judgment call we have been making. Now everyone is equal.

Something else that is really different but I know you are going to love.

The private messages are now called "Conversations".

"Conversations" look just like discussion threads but the difference is only the people involved in the conversation can see what is being said. Also, you can invite up to 5 other members to your private conversation. In other words, instead of taking things to email that you are not allowed to discuss openly on Websleuths, you can have your own mini-forum discussing the case with a group of members and get to say all kinds of crazy things that I will never know you are saying.

See? This move and new software is going to be fun.

Lilibet and PeterThomasFan like this.
  7. Tricia

Someone posted a question about the rules and terms of service.

The rules will pretty much stay the same. We will do a bit of tweaking on our Terms of Service but the basic rules will stay the same.

Ok, my darling true crime angels I am heading to bed.

More tomorrow.

Goodnight.
    Tricia

8. Jennifer17

Jennifer17 Former Member

Isn't that true. Most people hate change. But we adapt.

9. Niner

Niner Long time Websleuther

I've tried out the new forum and had no problems, and I'm not too techie! :pcguru:
    But I'm pretty sure members will help others with their problems! We have a nice group of people here.

:eek: That's THREE whole days....

and there are three trials that start on Monday! Guess I'm going to have to take notes (from tweeters) and get them posted on the threads on the 24th to be up to speed... :eek:nline:

Oh - reading Arnie M's post re bookmarks. Will my "now" bookmarks "work" on the new forum? You know, what I have right now bookmarked for THIS forum will still be GOOD for the new...

I notice Tricia that this ^^ hasn't been answered yet. Hopefully, you understand what I'm trying to say! :giggle:

I only have three lines and emoticons in them.... :)

TIA!

10. Horror

Horror Well-Known Member

I have looked in the beta site and it’s great. I literally stumble around on Tapatalk and after being a member for over 12 months still don’t even know my way around. It will be great once we are all used to it.
    I didn’t know we had blogs and..............I don’t even know what bookmarks are !??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

11. MelmothTheLost

MelmothTheLost Well-Known Member

Somebody somewhere probably said the same when trial by jury replaced trial by combat ....

12. Spellbound

Spellbound falsus in uno, falsus in omnibus

Tricia ... I didn't have any real problems with the beta testing functions. however, the colors chosen and text size are a huge problem for me. Will there be a way to tweak our own settings to make the text to stand out better for those with visual difficulties?

And will there be a place to ask questions or make suggestions, or is this the absolute final version and we better get used to it? (Just kidding, I will for sure, as will all of us)

looking forward to fewer glitches and more ease of functioning. You've all done a lot to make WS proud.

13. Marionumber1

Marionumber1 New Member

Will the existing links to threads that we have saved/bookmarked still work on the new site, or will the URLs change?

14. DakotaMayi

DakotaMayi Former Member

Oh great news! I love the new site.

Spellz, ima.grandma, Jewels, Horror, HamSandwich & all the rest that have been testing along with me, are ya ready?! ;)

15. DakotaMayi

DakotaMayi Former Member

I love the new look so I'm excited.............. I have one worry..... What will I do without Websleuths all that time?!!!!! :D (Other than that, it will all be fine! :lol:)

16. DakotaMayi

DakotaMayi Former Member

WAIT, something Niner said reminded me to ask... will we have more emoticons/smileys etc? There are only a few over there now.

Ok... I'm gonna go ahead and stop spamming now. Sorry, I'm just so excited! :floorlaugh:

17. bears10

bears10 Well-Known Member

Yes I had a feeling it had to do with my settings but I had no idea how I changed them in the first place, let alone how to change them back lol.

18. guruagain

guruagain Active Member

I have turned signatures off because of this. threads are big enough without having to scroll through reams of signatures!

AJ_Ladybug likes this.
  19. Jewels53

Jewels53 Forever in my Heart!

I love it in the New WS Forum, I think it is much easier to navigate. It doesn't seem as bogged down as this site is. I have tried using Tapatalk and I hate it. So if Tricia says you won't need it on a phone I am happy about that.

I just wish we wouldn't be down for 3 days! We will all be having a :tantrum: if something big happens on one of our cases.

Here is to Happy Moving Day! :toastred:

20. Betty P

Betty P Well-Known Member

Thanks for doing this, Tricia! Thanks also to your team! I'll be out of town, traveling, during the roll out, but will try to check in. Can't wait!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.