weekend break: discuss the latest here #124

Status
Not open for further replies.
No, I don't. Oddly, I think he agreed to the shoot for the reasons she said. I think he was into it, letting her lead him, until the one photo where he turns around from a "back" pose, and you can see a look on his face equalled to "what the hell?" And that's the moment I think he saw a gun or knife in her hand.

I think she deleted all the pictures and was probably going to take the camera, but it "disappeared" during cleanup. I'd also go as far as to say the roommate might have come home while she was still in Travis' room and she had to sneak out the house without finishing cleaning up.

Just the image of that happening is horrifying. Poor Travis, those words he said about her the ALV was repeating in court today were spot on. JA is evil.

Thanks wasnt_me! :seeya:

:eek:fftobed:

Just thinking about how both defense experts denied the negative behaviors that Jodi exhibited in her relationship with Travis...particularly the stalking. Here is what I found on Stalkingriskprofile.com and it boggles my mind with how spot on it is to Jodi.

Rejected stalking arises in the context of the breakdown of a close relationship. Victims are usually former sexual intimates; however family members, close friends, or others with a very close relationship to the stalker can also become targets of Rejected stalking. The initial motivation of a Rejected stalker is either attempting to reconcile the relationship, or to exacting revenge for a perceived rejection. In many cases Rejected stalkers present as ambivalent about the victim and sometimes appear to want the relationship back, while at other times they are clearly angry and want revenge on the victim. In some cases of protracted stalking, the behaviour is maintained because becomes a substitute for the past relationship as it allows the stalker to continue to feel close to the victim. In other cases the behaviour is maintained because it allows the stalker to salvage their damage self-esteem and feel better about themselves.
***Research clearly shows that ex-intimates are far more likely to be violent than other types of stalkers, and victims may have to take different precautions if someone who is very familiar with them is harassing them.****

I found the statement that many stalkers appear to be ambivalent to their victims very interesting since Jodi was always saying how FINE she was that Travis was moving on, and how she wished him the best blah blah blah. It always strikes me funny when she insists that in almost Every interview shes done. Why are so many of these experts glossing over this clearly dangerous pattern of behaviors that Jodi exhibited? What are your thoughts?

OK so some of us aren't as smart as most of you. Like moi. :doh:

I was stuck on why she'd take the pics just to delete them, then drinking my before bed cup of tea realized :doh: it was a ruse.

Thanks to everyone for not being honest and saying "you're an idiot" to me. :floorlaugh:

If you believe JA's story that she was kneeling next to the shower taking pics of Travis while he was showering, and they were both deciding which pics to keep or delete and they were doing this together, then, YES you're an idiot. Does that help? LOL:seeya:

I was stuck on why she'd take the pics just to delete them, then drinking my before bed cup of tea realized :doh: it was a ruse.

Thanks to everyone for not being honest and saying "you're an idiot" to me. :floorlaugh:

Oh, no. I'd never think that. A lot of us bring different perspectives and then some of the smallest details recounted from someone else makes us go, "Oh, yeah! Dauh!" It happens to me, too. That's probably why we have 12 jurors. To help each other see things they might have forgotten or taken for granted.

Well, you figured it out. That makes you at least smarter than the person who left the camera in the washer!

:cheers:Thanks, you're sweet to say that. :floorlaugh:

:eek:fftobed:

I don't know if this is smart. One is suspicious of the motivations of others when one
A) is paranoid
B) has experience dealing with pathological liars/manipulators/psychopaths
C) is a pathological liar/manipulator/psychopath
D) some combo of the above [I'd like to think I'm just A&B]

That video someone posted of Juror #5 being interviewed today was very enlightening.
She has much integrity.
Even though the judge did not ban her form speaking, she decided not to RE the trial till it concludes.

She is from Bosnia and and has seen much.
Kudos to her.

She said she will not attend again.

Will probably write a good book. Maybe doing so now. She deserves what she will get as she appears to have really cared about the trial and wanted to be part of the final decision.

I know a lot of people got really pizzed that she showed up on Thursday, but I thought it was great because I saw it as a big F U to JA and the DT and I was cheering for that. But I'm also very glad to hear she's decided to become one of us and watch the rest of it from home.

There was a ten minute warning about the thread closing and it is close to 1am for some of us. :wink:

To be fair, I looked at my clock while posting. I think you gave us about 13 minutes, though you said 10.:rocker:

I think the thread was just too riveting and it seemed to go faster.

There was a ten minute warning about the thread closing and it is close to 1am for some of us. :wink:

Sweet dreams! And thank you for all the work you do facilitating WS's!

It takes me so long to compose a post that I usually miss the notice. This time, I actually managed to be the last post of the thread. Is there a prize for that? :seeya:

Sorry .. I tried to bring a quote over from the closed thread. This is my response ... but sorry I can`t provide the original quote

She has a criminal mind and she needs to be taken out of society. She needs to die and, although I have never really been a proponent of the death penalty (we don`t have it in Canada), I just feel so very strongly that the DP should be applied to this defendant. She deserves it. Scott Peterson deserves it. Drew Peterson deserves it (but probably won`t get it, unless they can get more evidence that he also killed Stacy). I`m praying that this jury will come to the correct verdict. I feel confident that they will.

I will try to make more sense in my next post. I wish I knew how to bring posts over from another thread ... duh ... oh well

Nighty night. Over and out :eek:fftobed: and ... :countsheep: I get the WORST sleeps these days ... my head is like all scrambled ... LOL. But, really it is hard to turn it off. I wake up at night thinking about it .. I`m obsessed with it all day to the point that I won`t even go out for groceries or see friends. I truly need an intervention. Night everyone. I think I need a support group ... any advice

Well I'm from Arizona so it's only 11pm here;) And this is my first day posting so I'm a little yakky!

Today, 12:06 AM

This is just my opinion, but I believe AL was hired to coach Jodi to defend herself against men. She was also taught about Snow White being abused. That picture was put out long before we knew that AL used that in her lectures. I mean there is not much this woman could do but go buy the things she read. Her and Jodi were mirror images of each other on the stand, almost word for word, how they spoke to Juan and anything else in between.
________

This is the post from previous thread I bring forward that deserves a response.

Someone on here said that JA drew a picture of Snow White with a black eye. Is this true? I didn't follow this case from beginning to end but wouldn't that be something? JA may have thought in her mind that Snow White would come to her rescue.

Well I'm from Arizona so it's only 11pm here;) And this is my first day posting so I'm a little yakky!

Lol tacky too cute

I was hoping David lohr would add those videos of Jodie's parents interrogation (unedited)
Maybe soon.

I happened to be listening to old testimony and the sex tape is on the one I'm watching. Listening to Travis talking sexy to Jodi, I get some new impressions. The first one is--why should we believe that this tape was made because Jodi was going along with Travis? Why can't it be that Jodi was the one who wanted him to say things to get her off? He's the one doing most of the talking it seems. Is that because he likes his own sexual fantasies or because he is trying to get her off?

Maybe a combination of both, but this whole sexual aggressor thing with Travis is a stretch because, frankly, he sounds like he doesnt know how to have sex talk. He sounds like a novice. And that bit about him never jacking off before Jodi? I think he's just saying that to make her hot, and it's not necessarily asserted as fact in the matter (or whatever JW always says when JM objects.) Some think Jodi had planned to blackmail him with this tape, which is even more reason for him to have the impression that he was doing it for her. She could have told coaxed him into it before she started recording.

I am one who believes that Travis had sex with other women and perhaps before Jodi. I don't really ascribe to a person being 100% moral in their religion even though they strive to be, so I can imagine it was hard for Travis to get sex while living in the ward and being so overly cautious about who saw what going on at his house.

I think that's one of the main reasons he kept Jodi around so long despite how difficult she was. He could get the sex in secret. She was trained to let it stay secret, and he could still appear upstanding as a Mormon. Easy as a pizza delivery. But, he just picked the crazy chick, plain and simple.

Do we have OCD?

Any "shrinks" here now?

Some of us may wonder at times, "why am I spending so much time with this?" Yet seem powerless to stop!

Do we have OCD or what???

Yes I know most of us want to see justice done and so on, but still....

Brought over from closed thread:

Posted by: SassyMom

It's going to be very tasty and delicious when Juan starts plugging Jodi's abusive/manipulative behavior into AL's little Aggression Continuum chart, especially because I seriously doubt she even analyzed those behaviors, and maybe the defense didn't even clue her in about them.

That is going to be a supremely pleasurable viewing experience.
=======================================================

YES. Thank You. Very well said. :goodpost:And :welcome: to WS.

Did you see how hard she resisted owning any of that silly continuum. She treated it like a freakin hot potato. She wanted nothing to do with it. Which was funny since we saw it pasted on the wall for seven tedious, torturous days already. JW LOVED to plug Travis into it and have serious discussions about it's importance and relevance, as if it had any.

And then as soon as Juan asked her about it she pretended like she put no stock in it at all. :giggle: :giggle: She knows whats coming and she is trying to postpone the inevitable. Juan's coming for ya, Alyce. :pillowfight:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rangelmcguire