weekend discussion: discuss the trial here #154

Status
Not open for further replies.
I see her actions parallel to an indentured servant. What did she have to bring to the table. Nice smile and a body. That's it. The only ticket to get ahead in her life was using her body other then that she had nothing. So she agreed hoping better things would happen in her life. This comes to a sudden stop and now they are calling her crazy, manipulating, psycho....
JA is thinking wait a minute here, I have a horse in this race. I paid for my ticket now its time someone is going to here my story.

She chose to drop out of school, so lacking anything other than a smile and a body is her doing. She could have pursued modeling, she had many, many avenues to pursue. We all hope for things in life, that's a given. And things stop too. People die. People leave you. Jobs are lost. Awful tragedies befall us all the time. We don't go stab happy because of it.
Her behaviors are why she is called what's she called.
I agree she is thinking that she paid for her ticket. And she got her 'moneys worth' on June 4th.
But as for her 'story'....that would be which one? #1, #2, #3?

Travis also did not have a good childhood and he did not have siblings nearby.

Lets all remember they dated maybe 3 or 5 months, right? She didn't let him meet her parents because either a) he didn't want her and didn't want to meet her family or b) she keeps her family far away from everyone. From how I've read it, she keeps everyone divided.

TA had his own set of issues and that made the perfect store in this relationship.

I see her actions parallel to an indentured servant. What did she have to bring to the table. Nice smile and a body. That's it. The only ticket to get ahead in her life was using her body other then that she had nothing. So she agreed hoping better things would happen in her life. This comes to a sudden stop and now they are calling her crazy, manipulating, psycho....
JA is thinking wait a minute here, I have a horse in this race. I paid for my ticket now its time someone is going to here my story.

HUH? I thought she dropped out of high school, which she chose to do, didn't want to advance herself in education, again, her choice. She seemed to had a pretty good deal with Darryl Brewer living like a housewife and then she meets Travis and OMG it's all Travis' fault.
People are calling her manipulating, psycho ect because of her STRANGE behaviors that most NORMAL people don't exhibit not because they dislike her.
Wow, maybe it's ME that's on another planet ...sigh

I could almost swear the Dr. D at some point when JM was questioning her she was about to state another diagnosis in addition to BPD but was cut off by JW's objection and then a sidebar and then it was totally not touched on again. Please correct me if I am wrong. TIA =D

You are correct!

Sorry BeachGirl...

I think we were posting at the same time. I almost repeated word for word what you said LOL

She paid for her ticket???? WHAT?? Tell me u are kidding? Why? Cuz she gave it up to him over and over again? Cuz SHE decided to leave her job to go on trips with him? Cuz SHE decided to be irresponsible when doing that? HOW the heck is that "paying your ticket"? If that's the case then this 40 yr. old woman (me) needs LOTS of payment from my decade with my ex cuz I gave it to him daily and mothered his first born!!!!!<~~~~see how silly that sounds????:banghead::banghead::banghead:

Isn't it common for first time murderers to hesitate when inflicting stab wounds? I did not see any mention of any shallow wounds on Travis' body which would not indicate hesitation on the part of Arias. All of the wounds she inflicted were done with great force and deliberation. It makes me wonder if this is the first time or if she has some experience in killing a living being. What do you all think?

I definitely think that she has killed before. I remember when she was testifying that she made some comment - I think to JM - that she had never killed anyone before. My immediate reaction, without even thinking about it, was "oh yes you have!" Something told me that that this was another big lie on her part. I am in a line of work that requires me to read body language and to listen how someone answers a question. My BS meter went off the charts when she made that comment.

On a different topic, does anyone know if any of the defense witnesses are posting on here? I'm beginning to suspect that one of their more recent witnesses is.

Just thinking back to a couple of weeks ago talking to a girl in her 20's who was also chasing the boiled bunny, we told her she was 'giving her power away' she was like 'how do I get it back' we said by standing in your own space and building on what YOU are independent of anyone else ... she wailed back 'but that will take AGES!!' we all laughed including her .. Jodi most definitely gave all her power away through her actions leading up to the murder, perhaps the killing was a primal regaining of that lost power.

And whose fault was it that she had nothing to bring to the table? Lots of attractive girls go to school, find value in things other than sex, have interests and hobbies (actually take classes and learn about them), treat people with respect, etc. No one stopped Jodi from working and earning what she was trying to attain.

Same here MrW! I swore that oath too and yet......again!

My animals are also suffering PTSD from my abuse with the TV.

I also swore the oath that I would not do this again after the Casey Anthony trial and I too, or corrected I three, I'm here again.

It started in in winter. And I never had an idea that it would go and interfere with my spring time outdoor life! I will never do another trial unless it is in the dead of winter. ;)

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

Certainly people have heard her story, but that doesn't mean they are going to be sympathetic to the solution she chose to adopt.

An average person would just write it up as bad experience. Yes I got used and dumped, called out as a stalker and for harassment so life goes on.
But this was Jodi and nobody knew what Jodi was capable of doing.

And whose fault was it that she had nothing to bring to the table? Lots of attractive girls go to school, find value in things other than sex, have interests and hobbies (actually take classes and learn about them), treat people with respect, etc. No one stopped Jodi from working and earning what she was trying to attain.

A terribly reasonable response given the provocation.

attachment.php

Priceless! my urinary incontinence is acting up again! Tears are running down my legs.

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

HUH? I thought she dropped out of high school, which she chose to do, didn't want to advance herself in education, again, her choice. She seemed to had a pretty good deal with Darryl Brewer living like a housewife and then she meets Travis and OMG it's all Travis' fault.
People are calling her manipulating, psycho ect because of her STRANGE behaviors that most NORMAL people don't exhibit not because they dislike her.
Wow, maybe it's ME that's on another planet ...sigh

Amazing that she couldn't just fit in with educated, wholesome, smart, fun people.

The evidence is showing that their final conversations were exchanges of threats-- not about Cancun.

You don't need to kill someone over a trip! What Travis was threatening to do was to ruin Arias' chances to move to the next man to the right, which is what she's always done.

The evidence shows she did not need to grieve Travis' death, but was able to clean blood off her hands and begin grinding immediately on someone else. This does not look like "he's the only one--I had to have him" jealous mentality to me. It looks more like, "up the ladder I go and I f*ckin' got rid of his *advertiser censored*--ruin me, will he...well look who ruined who!"

It was her future she was concerned about and willing to kill to preserve--a future of $$$ and prestige as a trophy wife, nothing to do with religion or love at all.

All about Jodi and her ability to continue to use her (perceived) assets to insure a way out of the ghetto.
Anagrammy

BBM

That is exactly what I believe was her main motive. She could not allow Travis to go to Cancun with all of those PPL executives. She knew he was going to unmask her and tell them exactly who she really was. She needed to get rid of him before Cancun.

Lets all remember they dated maybe 3 or 5 months, right? She didn't let him meet her parents because either a) he didn't want her and didn't want to meet her family or b) she keeps her family far away from everyone. From how I've read it, she keeps everyone divided.

TA had his own set of issues and that made the perfect store in this relationship.

:seeya: Did any of JA's boyfriends meet her parents?

Just jumping in to add a c) !!

Nobody knows the real JA like her parents and siblings. JA had a persona to upkeep with Travis, a mask if you will, and IMO she would never have let Travis interact with her parents and/or siblings for fear of her mask being ripped off.

so c) is: never let Travis meet family - too dangerous - they could tell him the truth about me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member