Welcome our Chemist to Websleuths/Syringe in bottle and traces of chloroform #3

Google it notthatsmart and you will see it is such a big deal they have taken it off the shelves in most stores and will not sell it to anyone under the age of 18-like many glues...TONS of deaths from it...

Man I am slow, I just found out about this last week.

I am an insulin dependent diabetic who buys syringes I have never bought one like that I am also however a daughter of a retired Nurse and she was a Hospice Nurse she would have syringes that looked like those in her trunk for patients So I wonder if the facility that CA worked at uses that brand and type of syringe and if anyone knows if that is anywhere in the discovery released thus far?

I am an insulin dependent diabetic who buys syringes I have never bought one like that I am also however a daughter of a retired Nurse and she was a Hospice Nurse she would have syringes that looked like those in her trunk for patients So I wonder if the facility that CA worked at uses that brand and type of syringe and if anyone knows if that is anywhere in the discovery released thus far?

They are in common use in every health care facility and as Home Health providers their Nurses would use every type of syringe, from the smallest TB and Insulin syringes, to large irrigating syringes -50cc- and all sizes in between.

Have we discussed somewhere whether these are similar to veterinary use syringes? If so I just missed it or am drawing a blank.

May be a stupid question, but it is for the chemist.

Wouldn't that level of chloroform in the trunk (parts per million vs parts per billion normal), kill any flies in the trunk? thanks

Bumpity hoping for an answer soon.

That syringe is way to large to be an insulin syringe. The syringes used for insulin are very small and thin (I think .3 to .5 cc, but someone please correct me on this). The one in the bottle is larger then that, and looks to be about the size used for IM injections. About 3cc's or so. That size is probably the most commonly used for most non IV injections, such as vacinations, pain, breathing, allergy meds, pretty much anything you would typically get stuck for in a doctos office. They can be found anywhere and anyone even remotely connected to healthcare has lots of access to them.

And Vetinary syringes are exactly the same as human syringes. They all come from the same medical supply houses. It just depends on what size you are using for what task.

That syringe is way to large to be an insulin syringe. The syringes used for insulin are very small and thin (I think .3 to .5 cc, but someone please correct me on this). The one in the bottle is larger then that, and looks to be about the size used for IM injections. About 3cc's or so. That size is probably the most commonly used for most non IV injections, such as vacinations, pain, breathing, allergy meds, pretty much anything you would typically get stuck for in a doctos office. They can be found anywhere and anyone even remotely connected to healthcare has lots of access to them.

And Vetinary syringes are exactly the same as human syringes. They all come from the same medical supply houses. It just depends on what size you are using for what task.

I am insulin dependent i know they aren't insulin syringes i was wondering if the lot number from the packaging could be or was traced to CA's office?

sorry I should have been clearer

I just wanted to say...

I would lead the lynch mob, however...

I just dont believe KC injected anything into Caylee.
(me thinks more along the lines of covering her mouth with tape as she slept to stop her breath)

BUT IF its proven KC DID indeed do all this mixing and injecting...sheesh...
That is just so diabolical.

there would be no saving her soul... :furious:

I am just guessing here, but the testosterone found on the syringe may have been there because it was a "used" syringe???

Let's face it, if intent was murder, I doubt Casey would care if the needle was clean or not, and I think we all can guess how she got her hands on it, being the 'party hardy' type girl that she was.

What if she injected chloroform into Caylee's mouth? (I will go back to the thread and see if you covered this already...)

http://www.inchem.org/documents/pims/chemical/pim121.htm#SectionTitle:2.2
"Acute poisoning with chloroform is uncommon. The main
route of exposure is inhalation but in some cases poisoning
is due to ingestion; skin absorption is limited. Central
nervous system depression is the most prominent sign after
acute exposure. Death may occur within few minutes of heavy
exposure from respiratory arrest or from ventricular
fibrillation (cardiac arrest). The prognosis is favourable if
consciousness is recovered but liver and kidney damage may
then develop. Less severe exposure causes dizziness, dilated
pupils, nausea, vomiting"

I am just guessing here, but the testosterone found on the syringe may have been there because it was a "used" syringe???

Let's face it, if intent was murder, I doubt Casey would care if the needle was clean or not, and I think we all can guess how she got her hands on it, being the 'party hardy' type girl that she was.

This makes sense, as well as the injecting chloroform by mouth.....

The duct tape was to make it look like a kidnapping....

And, also "You talked too much."

But, the heart I love you...the sticker...Shows who did it.

IMO Casey wanted her frustrations known
And, no one was listening to her.

I think you may have hit on something. KC said it to LE and to her parents in the jail video. No one listens to me. JMO

I dont think KC is deep enough to send a message.

Im thinking the heart wouldve been placed there on a different day...during a visit or move jmo :blushing:

I think you are onto something here Beatrice, and I agree with you. She outsmarted herself using that sticker.

I read GA deposition August, 2009. They were really informative. Worth the read! You can find them here : http://www.cfnews13.com/News/Sidebar/2008/9/24/files_released_in_casey_anthony_case.html?refresh=1

GA said that Casey worked in a dry cleaner in high school. I did some searching and chloroform was used for dry-spot cleaning in dry cleaners when she was working in the dry cleaners.

Also, GA said that Casey wanted to be a photographer, and go to college for it, and I found that photographers sometimes used chloroform. She also worked in a photo booth at Universal, when she did have a legitimate job there. Here are the articles for that information:

http://www.drycleancoalition.org/chemicals/ChemicalsUsedInDrycleaningOperations.pdf
http://colinmayfield.com/Assignments/assignment1/chloroform/chloroform.htm
http://www.hsia.org/white_papers/111tri wp.html

Also, in one of the articles, it said that gasoline can be used to clean spots. Maybe Casey used gasoline from the gas can to clean up the trunk? GA also stated that the towels he keeps in his garage are plain white, which I think is what the state recovered?

Needles used for testoseren treatments are huge!
It is given in the upper hip.
Strong and big, nothing like diabetic needles at all.
I have seen them.

What if she injected chloroform into Caylee's mouth? (I will go back to the thread and see if you covered this already...)

http://www.inchem.org/documents/pims/chemical/pim121.htm#SectionTitle:2.2
"Acute poisoning with chloroform is uncommon. The main
route of exposure is inhalation but in some cases poisoning
is due to ingestion; skin absorption is limited. Central
nervous system depression is the most prominent sign after
acute exposure. Death may occur within few minutes of heavy
exposure from respiratory arrest or from ventricular
fibrillation (cardiac arrest). The prognosis is favourable if
consciousness is recovered but liver and kidney damage may
then develop. Less severe exposure causes dizziness, dilated
pupils, nausea, vomiting"
Remember there was pin holes in the duct tape found on Caylee, I think it was from a needle, KC used it to inject it right into Caylees little mouth..:(

Remember there was pin holes in the duct tape found on Caylee, I think it was from a needle, KC used it to inject it right into Caylees little mouth..:(

weren't the pin holes from LE pinning the specimen to the corkboard?

Nowhere really. Just curious. We had a similiar story that a police officer put out to our School District to beware that children are using this now and his child died from it. I would just like to know more about it. I have children too and I have never had that product and it is not in my house and I am glad about that. He investigated and found out that the kids were told that it was just air and it could not hurt you.

Here is a link to the (MSDS) Material Safety Data Sheet on canned air from belkin who manufactures a canned air product. This also gives the ppm for the amount that will kill you. Also it's not just the "air" that can kill you but the temp of the liquid in the "air can" can cause frostbite. In our area inhalant usage was pretty prevalent a couple of years ago.

http://www.belkin.com/support/msds/F8E408.pdf

The major trend now is actually prescription drugs or what they call skittling. It gets it's name from skittles candy. This is where (mostly teens) get prescriptions from their home medicine cabinets and all put it in a bowl and start popping away. That or they just take their doctor prescribed amphetamine like Addrall for ADHD. Prescription drug use (abuse) is the greatest threat to teens right now. They have a misconception that it's "safe" because it comes from a doctor. Little do many know that the pills in Grandma and Grandpas medicine cabinet can kill you just as easily and horribly as any other Illicit drug.

Kinda OT but thought I would add this info to the question and discussion on can air inhalant use.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Deathangel333
Back