Welcome To Websleuths # 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dear Websleuths Members and Guests,

We have looked forward to this day for a long time.

We just delivered a brand new bouncing software platform with all kinds of cool things we could only dream about before.

Please do not get scared. Almost everything is the same and those things that have changed have changed for the better.

The first thing you should try is our new way of sending Private Messages. PM's are now called "Conversations". You can invite up to 5 other people (with you equals 6 people on a conversation) and the conversation looks exactly like a thread on a public forum. However, it is not public, no one in management can see it, and the only people who can read the conversation are those who are actually participating.

One of the biggest changes is going to be how we handle putting members on timeout.

Your timeouts are all done by a point system. This will take away any guesswork.

You are allowed up to 5 points in a 30 day period before you are timed out. The time out length depends on the amount of points you end up. Say you have 4 points and you do something really horrible like call someone stupid. Calling someone stupid could be worth 4 points. Now all of a sudden you have 8 points and that means you get a 5 day time out.

Please do not hold me to these exact numbers. I'm trying to remember and to be honest, my memory sucks more than a sucker fish in a sucking contest.

You will get warnings and your warning is assigned a point value. Let's say being snarky is two points. Those two points will stay on your user name for 30 days then the points drop off.

No one should be getting any points right?

Please remember if you get 5 points or more in 30 days then you are timed out for three days. As the points against you go up so does the time you spend I timeout.
You can solve the problem of being timed out by behaving and reading our Terms of Service.

There is more to tell you and I'll be coming back and answering any questions you may have.

We ask for your patience as we are all on a learning curve here.

Finally, thanks to Dave our IT guy for doing such a good job and making sure everything ran smoothly and he was able to get us up and running 24 hours earlier than expected.

OK fire awa y my true crime angels.

Hi Everyone,

Welcome to thread # 2 in our Welcome to Websleuths discussion.

Since the last thread has over 1000 posts I am asking you to repeat any problem you are still having.

Not much luck on the "Thanks" button. I will keep you posted.

I know some of you are having difficulting seeing certain areas.

If you feel this issue is strong enough that it will affect you visiting Websleuths then please post about it on this thread.

Not sure how much we can do on the colors at this point but please do not hesitate to bring problems to our attention.

Thank you, everyone, for being so helpful and patient.

Take care,
Tricia

Is this thread for discussing issues with the site or is it just for chat.

Good question but as I understand things the point here is for discussion of issues, questions and support.
If it seems to get cluttered with chat anyone can alert on those posts.

JMO

Did you try to double-click on ”Alerts“? Clicking once opens a pull-down list, clicking twice should open the alerts history.
Yes I viewed all and my alert history only showed 2 alerts. Strangely, it had page numbers below the 2 alerts-- like I should be able to view more but when I clicked on the page numbers to go to the past alerts it came up and said something like "you have no alerts". It was strange this morning. I probably should have screenshot it, but I didn't. I can still only see alerts back to around 8 AM this morning and nothing before that.

Last edited:
Just forget the watched threads all together -- use history -- over time it turns into a watched threads but is time relevant! It stores the last 50 and I am sure only a few are following 51+ threads at time

The history is awesome awesome awesome!!

Oh my, I'm glad you have discovered what works for you CARIIS, but I need a rolling on the floor laughing smilie here-- I'm following hundreds, possibly thousands, of threads here! I have 282 pages of threads on my watched thread list when I view them all. Thankfully they don't all have updates at the same time, Many are concluded cases. Many threads sit for weeks or months without a new post to read while waiting for trials to start or new updates, etc.

I
Site is very, very slow today. Pages are taking several minutes time to load. No way to Screen shot this as it just stays stuck on the top message in a thread and won't show me the rest of the page below that message for several minutes. Also taking a long time to post replies.
(Hi Gardener, I was trying to pm you but I got an error message:

"The following error occurred:
Participants:
You may not start a conversation with the following recipients: Gardener1850."

Eta: maybe it's on purpose lol:

"Websleuths - Error

This member limits who may view their full profile. "

Which is fine, just wanted to alert you on a thread/post, no biggie. Wave. :)

Last edited:
I
Participants:

eta: maybe it's on purpose lol:

"Websleuths - Error

I think @Gardener1850 has disabled private messaging. Tagging would be the way to do it @margarita25. This should then pop up in @Gardener1850 ‘s alert list.

I

Participants:

Eta: maybe it's on purpose lol:

"Websleuths - Error

Hi Margarita, yes that is on purpose, sorry. I have my conversations disabed. I have enough trouble trying to keep up with reading everything here. I need to cut back. Whatever it is I'll probably see it eventually ;)

I’m still having issues with the ‘first unread’ Button. I never get it anymore. Has it been deleted?

I’m forever having to try and navigate back to where I was up to. Really frustrating

I’m still having issues with the ‘first unread’ Button. I never get it anymore. Has it been deleted?

I’m forever having to try and navigate back to where I was up to. Really frustrating
Have you tried clicking the title of the thread in your watched threads? Or the little blue/green dot on the left of the thread title. Either should work in the same way and take you to where you last visited the thread.

Where are the edit and delete buttons? :confused::confused::confused:

Edited: Nevermind.... I found it. Sheesh.

@cybervampira Sorry to tag again but I just had a theory. I wonder if perhaps we only get an alert if a post is tagged but not quoted. The above posts where I tagged you I also quoted your posts. You got alert for the quote but no alert for the tag, correct? So if I tag you without quoting your post maybe you will get a tag alert then. Let me know if you get an alert saying I mentioned you here :)

If no alert, then I don't know what is going on...

Please Everyone,

Stay on topic. This thread is hard enough for me to follow so I can understand the issues posters are with the switch to the new software.

Thank you very much.

Triica

@cybervampira Sorry to tag again but I just had a theory. I wonder if perhaps we only get an alert if a post is tagged but not quoted. The above posts where I tagged you I also quoted your posts. You got alert for the quote but no alert for the tag, correct? So if I tag you without quoting your post maybe you will get a tag alert then. Let me know if you get an alert saying I mentioned you here :)

If no alert, then I don't know what is going on...
Alors, et voilà:
9595938B-F5BA-4338-9A4C-8FA7A9570684.jpeg

That did it! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads