Welcome To Websleuths

Status
Not open for further replies.
When you begin to search in Websleuths, a drop down box will appear, it will have "Search this forum only" selected. Make sure you are unchecking that box before searching, as it will only search through that one section you are already in. Unchecking the box will allow a search of the whole website.

You can only edit for 1 hour after you posted.

That doesn't help either. I cannot find certain posts or even my own using the search.

I forgot that you cannot edit posts. I was confusing this with another forum I use that actually lets you make changes. Thanks!

If anyone knows how to make a video on the bells and whistles that might be helpful!!

My brain has never worked the way people who do computers does !

It is a right brain / left brain kinda thing!

On old platform you could make all threads open last post first == is there a way to make that a setting here

That doesn't help either. I cannot find certain posts or even my own using the search.

I forgot that you cannot edit posts. I was confusing this with another forum I use that actually lets you make changes. Thanks!

You cannot find any of your posts by searching your name?

I can find your posts by searching "Find Brenda" in the "Posted by Member" box and unchecking "Search this forum only".

Go to welcome to WS thread - questions answered there

When i hit edit only the post comes back not the title of the thread so I don't know how to get rid of the thread totally

Last edited:
You cannot find any of your posts by searching your name?

I can find your posts by searching "Find Brenda" in the "Posted by Member" box and unchecking "Search this forum only".

That is not working for me. It is driving me crazy!

When you search by my name, how many are you seeing?

Oh brother I just accidently found this one and had started a thread like this on new platform which i can not find to take it away before the time to do such expires!

I got 155 today o_O Serves me right for not checking in throughout the day!

I turned every single one off!!!

Now if you asked me how I did that I wont know but I achieved it yesterday!!

I suggest you do the same !! Can you imagine what is gonna happen when there is a big thread going - what a hassle!! I am quite occupied trying to figure out where the heck I am ,, where I want to go or where I have been.

i don't want to be alerted about a thing -- even the end of the world at this point!

!!

I'm also having trouble with the search facility.

It seems to only be searching threads from July 2015 or earlier.

This is ordered by 'most recent'.

search.JPG

I thin Admin said they are correctly doing something to correct an issue with the search so we may see an improvement as it happens. We just need to give it a little time.

I am going to be refreshing the search database. What this means is that when I start it there will be absolutely nothing in search. As it progresses more and more will populate until it is complete.

starting now.

Well, I just noticed something - when you quote someone your post STAYS on THAT page and not at the end of the thread posts. I just posted a reply on Page 18 and expected to see my post on page 27, which is the last page right now.

What if someone has already read to the end - then they can't see my current post.

Okay - I did not quote anyone and I am on page 20 right now, so will post & see if my post STAYS on page 20 or if it goes to page 27, last page for now.

I struggled with this for like two years on the old one! Then suddenly it occurred to me : just right click on reply it says open new window

zap

do your business (!) close window and (think the old Batman show ) Ka BOOM right where you were is staring at you!!!

Yes, you will need to refresh the page for it to end up as the very last post. So will others reading it.

a lot of this is fixed if there was like on the old one "show latest posts first"

Twas a joy!!

Thanks. I have more than that so I am guessing they are just having some troubles with the search feature.
Does it work for you if you hover over your user name (orange bar top right) and click on the option called "Your Content"?

Mine brings up some posts I made in 2017

I've read the Tutorial "How to post images" and this is a test to upload a full size pic (73.4 KB) from my PC.

I clicked Upload a File and then selected the pic.
"3%" appeared underneath the Post Reply box and disappeared after a second.
A thumbnail also appeared. To its right it said "Insert: Thumbnail". There was no option to select a full size image.

I then clicked on the thumbnail. A very small image appeared so I deleted it. Can someone tell me where I'm going wrong.

Last edited:
If you are on an iPhone or iPad (anything Apple) you can do this by going into "Settings", "Display & Brightness" and then activate "Night Shift".
Just FYI - screen dimming like this doesn't totally deal with what really keeps people awake and/or triggers migraines. It's not just about the brightness, but about filtering the blue light. Once you tinker with a really good blue light filter such as Twilight, you'll see what I mean.

On the occasions I have paused Twilight at night (like to get an unfiltered screen shot) and then forgotten to turn it back on, I will suddenly realize it's really late and I'm not tired when I should be. It really helps keep your internal clock normal.

Oh brother I just accidently found this one and had started a thread like this on new platform which i can not find to take it away before the time to do such expires!

:):p:eek:

As good a place as any to test the emojis.

Now I need to test uploading an image since so many are having trouble.

Well, a standard pic of a flower from my phone is too large to upload. I have an android, and I have no idea how I would reduce the size of images there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500