Welcome To Websleuths

Status
Not open for further replies.
Couple questions with the new format.
1) How do I switch what it says under my name? It used to read, "You can't shake the devil's hand and say you're only kidding," and now it's cut off and just says, "You can't shake the devil's hand say you're on," but I can't find where to change it.
2) I couldn't get in with tapatalk. Do I need to reconfigure or reinstall or something? Please tell me it will still work on tapatalk?

Loving the new look and functionality!! This is running so much better for me on all platforms. Thanks for all the hard work!!!

During the beta-test, when I wanted to 'multi-quote', I selected 'reply', and the reply box opened but I maintained my position directly below the post I had selected and I could then choose to continue scrolling down the page.

Now that sounds like a much better way for replying. I noticed too when playing around that each time I hit reply it takes me down to the bottom reply box and I have to find my way back up the thread to where I initially was reading. Kind of a pain if you want to keep on reading and quoting before posting.

Not that I'm a prolific poster or anything, but you know. :D

1) How do I switch what it says under my name? It used to read, "You can't shake the devil's hand and say you're only kidding," and now it's cut off and just says, "You can't shake the devil's hand say you're on," but I can't find where to change it.
2) I couldn't get in with tapatalk. Do I need to reconfigure or reinstall or something? Please tell me it will still work on tapatalk?

I can’t get my status thing to change either. I think others are having that problem. It’s also only so many characters now.

Tapatalk does not work anymore.

Reactions: osu
Yikes, I wonder how many members we'll essentially lose due to the tapatalk thing? I don't have a computer or internet at home, so I use my phone, and am only able to be on here right now because I'm at work (sshhh don't tell my boss). I saw that the site is easier to use in my phone's browser (chrome) than it used to be, but still...tapatalk made it easy on mobile devices...Oh well, I'm a WS addict, so I'm sure I'll figure something out. Thank you for your answer, Tssiemer!

I can’t get my status thing to change either. I think others are having that problem. It’s also only so many characters now.

Tapatalk does not work anymore.
Yikes, I wonder how many members we'll essentially lose due to the tapatalk thing? I don't have a computer or internet at home, so I use my phone, and am only able to be on here right now because I'm at work (sshhh don't tell my boss). I saw that the site is easier to use in my phone's browser (chrome) than it used to be, but still...tapatalk made it easy on mobile devices...Oh well, I'm a WS addict, so I'm sure I'll figure something out. Thank you for your answer, Tssiemer!

Testing.....again

I wasn’t sure how I was going to function without Tapatalk but you adjust pretty quickly...it’s really grown on me.

I am so happy that this new forum takes us to the exact spot we were in the last time we were reading a thread! I gladly deleted all my bookmarks I had saved for all the threads I was following. There will also not be any "marking my spot" posts anymore either!

I also love that long quotes are put into a smaller box!! This will greatly reduce scrolling.

Spell I think the May 25, 2018 date-stamps on the History page are incorrect. All the posts on my History page display today's date. But if I look to the right column, I can see the actual date the OP was created.

Aha .... I honestly CANNOT see the orange print, not even when enlarged. But you are all right ... Dec. 2017 it was!

I'm having an issue with the 'multi-quote function'. When I select 'reply', I'm taken to the bottom of the page, so then I have to scroll back up the page to find the other post(s) I want to include in my 'multi-quote' reply.

This wasn't occurring when I beta-tested, but it is now. During the beta-test, when I wanted to 'multi-quote', I selected 'reply', and the reply box opened but I maintained my position directly below the post I had selected and I could then choose to continue scrolling down the page.

This glitch is making it difficult to 'multi-quote'.

Is anyone else having this problem with the 'multi-quote' function?

I have the same problem

BetteDavisEyes has the same problem. Tricia responded in Post # 395:
TRICIA: Let me see what I can do. I am getting with Dave sometime on Friday and I will add this to the list.

WS no longer works with Tapatalk. Sorry.

So how can I get notification of a new Websleuths post by anyone in a thread I am subscribed to, to pop up on the notifications (with thread name and poster username) on either my
(a) iPhone/iPad
(b) Apple Watch
Tapatalk was my vehicle for doing this before the new Websleuths site was launched.

Are there any plans to add back this capability in future.

This function was most useful to watch for rogue posters posting controversial material and to be able to copy the info before mods removed it, or posters edited it.

Without new post mobile notification alerts I was able to get via Tapatalk, this is no longer possible.

A good reason for any website to have both browser based and app based access is to be able to use app notifications (not email based) to push out customised alerts and other info to your mobile devices via the internet for free (to both the website owner and the receiver), as this bypasses the mobile phone network providers SMS txt message systems.

What's the development Roadmap to add back this now missing feature of websleuths forums? Don't care whether it's tapatalk or any other App.
I and many others I know, just need this functionality returned.

can anyone tell me what is the purpose of "current status"?

Loving the new platform. Like that posts expand the more you post and things are easier to post. I just had one question if there was any way of cancelling a post that you commenced replying to but decided against doing so before clicking Post Reply?

Loving the new platform. Like that posts expand the more you post and things are easier to post. I just had one question if there was any way of cancelling a post that you commenced replying to but decided against doing so before clicking Post Reply?
The only way that seems to work for me is delete draft, 3rd in from right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong