Welcome To Websleuths

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Tricia, but I'm not seeing anything like that currently on my screen. I'll see if I can attach a screenshot to show you what I see on the right side bar. Circled in red is all I see for facebook and it is not a clickable link:
Also, what are you using? Thanks. and ignore my last question. I see you already answered it in your post.

The facebook thing is not a big deal to me as I don't do facebook much (I have it for checking things sometimes, but I hate it, lol). But it might be for others who want to easily connect through there. Again, I'm using private browsing on firefox. I guess it's possible my browser is blocking those links and anyone who wants to see them can just try a different browser.

Also, what are you using? Thanks. and ignore my last question. I see you already answered it in your post.
Thanks for trying to help @Tricia. I'm sure it's next to impossible to make it so everyone sees exactly the same thing on all the different systems in use. The new site is really great and these seem to be little glitches, really. :)

Ok so here’s what happens when I test it, both on your private thread and the Amy Bradley thread. If I enter and log out, I cannot navigate the thread. However, if I’m in the thread and my login just times out, I can still navigate through it for some reason, while not being allowed to comment or like.

Bottom line is that our private threads are still safe from outsiders, I believe. There just happens to be a glitch that if our login times out we can continue to read and navigate only.

ETA @WS Admin it’s not a huge issue then

This is a good time to remind everyone about privacy.

All anyone has to do to read the private forums is register. Our registration is automatic so anyone, at any time, as long as they have a current email, can register.

If there is something you want to keep private I would suggest NEVER putting it on the Internet. That is the best way to protect yourself.

The private forums are still a good idea because being private does keep out the visitor who never registers. We have more "visitors" than users on each day. The visitors can't see the private forums.

Good MonTues to you my friend. A "MonTues" is a Tuesday that feels like a Monday.

I was MIA most of the weekend. My apologies. Real life, Real sickness, Real Plumbing, all kinds of real-life issues this weekend.

Thank you for all your suggestions. Dave and I will be discussing what is posted on this thread on a regular basis.

We still have issues to work out but they are minor.

Dave created a miracle. The move was extremely smooth thanks to Dave's hard work and dedication.

Thanks to all of you for your patience. Thanks to many posters whose willingness to pitch in and help other members has made a huge difference.

Thank you all so very much.

Tricia

Tricia, overall I think we are doing very well with the transition! Thanks to all who made it possible :)

Harmony 2 has really been a big help ... kudos to her for her patience. (Insert heart icon)

And all the members have really pitched in to help each other, and made it almost fun to be working together and meeting up with some we don't often see.

Cool place, cool people. (((Hugs to all)))

Thanks BDE. I see that but that is all I see. I was thinking there would be much more than that one line. It doesn't even seem to be a link for me to click so I'm not sure of the purpose of it there. But I don't have any objection if people want to follow WS on FB. :rolleyes::p

I will be starting a separate thread on this issue but the reason why you can't click on the Facebook picture is that you must have hit the "no cookies" reply button or whatever it says when that box pops up.

If you said no to "cookies" then you are going to have trouble viewing many things on Websleuths and on the web in general.
If you add any third party software that blocks anything you will have trouble viewing on Websleuths.

You can go to your user profile and change your answer to allow cookies. Then you will be able to view Websleuths properly.

Just FYI.

I will be starting a separate thread on this issue but the reason why you can't click on the Facebook picture is that you must have hit the "no cookies" reply button or whatever it says when that box pops up.

If you said no to "cookies" then you are going to have trouble viewing many things on Websleuths and on the web in general.
If you add any third party software that blocks anything you will have trouble viewing on Websleuths.

You can go to your user profile and change your answer to allow cookies. Then you will be able to view Websleuths properly.

Just FYI.

I'm pretty sure I clicked accept on the Cookie policy thing, but it's possible my browser blocks them anyway. I browse privately here so that Google can't take my browsing history and use it to target gross ads at me. I search for news of dead bodies, human remains, missing persons, trafficking ring busts, etc in order to post updates here and the targeted ads can be pretty alarming/disgusting if I let my browsing history be saved and used by the advertising bots. I'll take a look at my cookie settings but I'm really not concerned about missing the facebook content. Thanks.

Tricia, overall I think we are doing very well with the transition! Thanks to all who made it possible :)

Harmony 2 has really been a big help ... kudos to her for her patience. (Insert heart icon)

And all the members have really pitched in to help each other, and made it almost fun to be working together and meeting up with some we don't often see.

Cool place, cool people. (((Hugs to all)))
Isn't Harmony 2 amazing? Thanks to everyone for your help.

Hey Everyone,
I had planned to set my enormous rear end in my chair all day and night to answer all your questions best I could BUT I forgot I had a voice recording session in Salt Lake. I will be back tonight though so keep them coming.
Thank you so much for your patience.
Take Care,
Tricia

I'm pretty sure I clicked accept on the Cookie policy thing, but it's possible my browser blocks them anyway. I browse privately here so that Google can't take my browsing history and use it to target gross ads at me. I search for news of dead bodies, human remains, missing persons, trafficking ring busts, etc in order to post updates here and the targeted ads can be pretty alarming/disgusting if I let my browsing history be saved and used by the advertising bots. I'll take a look at my cookie settings but I'm really not concerned about missing the facebook content. Thanks.

Update to this @Tricia, just for your info to help others who may have this issue-- I checked websleuths homepage in a non-private Firefox browser (regular browsing) and I still don't see any content under the Facebook heading. However, I then viewed the page in a Chrome browser and I DO see all the content under the headings viewing the site with Chrome. I'm selecting "accept cookies" here in all browser options and that does not seem to affect what I see. I think it must be something with Firefox or something in my own Firefox settings. I'm not really interested in the Facebook stuff (I never go on Facebook if I can help it, lol), but I'm posting this for anyone who is and wants to see it. I know that some people LIVE on facebook and get all their news and updates that way. LOL. :p:D;)

Just click on the user name to see that. I see your joined date of Mar 30, 2013.

Yes, I knew that could be done but I'm trying to read fast and that takes time to do that lol.

The trophy points are based on the amount of likes you receive. You can view your warning points by clicking your avatar.

Thank you for avatar info ( clicking on avatar has multi functions).

And what's the point of receiving trophy points? (lol)

Reactions: BUF
Just wanted to thank Dave and Tricia and others for a job well done. The transition was amazingly smooth.

And thanks so much for recently adding the "Upload a File" tab to one of our Private threads. We really appreciate that. :)

Good MonTues to you my friend. A "MonTues" is a Tuesday that feels like a Monday.

I was MIA most of the weekend. My apologies. Real life, Real sickness, Real Plumbing, all kinds of real-life issues this weekend.

Thank you for all your suggestions. Dave and I will be discussing what is posted on this thread on a regular basis.

We still have issues to work out but they are minor.

Dave created a miracle. The move was extremely smooth thanks to Dave's hard work and dedication.

Thanks to all of you for your patience. Thanks to many posters whose willingness to pitch in and help other members has made a huge difference.

Thank you all so very much.

Tricia

I love the new site/software! It is outstanding!

There are too many awesome features to enumerate. Even though we may feel anxious/fearful of the unknown, it is so much fun learning new challenges.

Thank you Dave for the triumphant transfer. Thank you both also for being willing to give thought to our suggestions.

A huge thank you to many on individual threads and here on this thread for willingness and time to answer questions and with detailed examples. Websleuths is the best!!!

Thank you Tricia for your vision to originate and provide/create a safe, facts only, and classy website.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member