Weleetka OK Girls remembered

As the anniversaries roll on, the AP articles grow shorter and shorter. Sad. (Sigh.)

No arrests 3 years after 2 girls shot in Weleetka

WELEETKA, Okla. (AP) - It's been three years since two girls were shot to death on a dirt road near Weleetka, and the Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation continues to search for suspects.
---
The OSBI said Tuesday investigators from the agency and the Okfuskee County Sheriff's Office continue to probe the unsolved killings.

Late last year, the FBI was asked to develop a profile of the killer or killers. The OSBI says that work has generated new leads and the agency remains confident that the case will be solved.
---
a bit more at Newson6 link above

This case has always bothered me. It was such a big deal in the news and then fell off the radar. No Coverage. Nada.

Hello, tlc - A lot of that has to do with Caylee. Once Caylee hit the media - our girls were moved to the back ..... way, way back ..... burner. Another reason, imo, is because of OSBI and their lack of information sharing.

This is, of course, only my opinion and I don't begrudge the attention given to little Caylee. It will be interesting to see what OSBI's press conference tomorrow will cover. Not holding my breath though.

I always think of the Plackers and the Whitakers during this time and send them good thoughts and prayers.

You would think that a reward of $163,000 would get someone to start talking. I hope they catch them soon.

Good point. Strong argument that pretty much no one other than the guilty knows anything at all.

Hello, tlc - A lot of that has to do with Caylee. Once Caylee hit the media - our girls were moved to the back ..... way, way back ..... burner. Another reason, imo, is because of OSBI and their lack of information sharing.

This is, of course, only my opinion and I don't begrudge the attention given to little Caylee. It will be interesting to see what OSBI's press conference tomorrow will cover. Not holding my breath though.

I always think of the Plackers and the Whitakers during this time and send them good thoughts and prayers.

I am with you all the way...As an Okie Gal, from Tulsa, my heart and prayers are forever with the Placker and Whitaker families looking forward to the day that we all have Justice for Precious and Innocent Skyla and Taylor.

Did I miss OSBI's press conference today? I read a one paragraph press release on one of the local TV station's story about the girls - but, have been unable to locate a press conference.

Just curious - does anyone know if Jessica B is still the spokesperson for OSBI?

Thinking of Skyla and Taylor!

Perhaps someday there will be justice.....

wm

Like they had countless times before, 11-year-old Skyla Whitaker and her 13-year-old girlfriend, Taylor Placker, went for a walk one June afternoon down an unpaved road less than a half-mile from Taylor's home. Their destination: Bad Creek Bridge, where they planned to wade through waist-high weeds to the river bank to collect shells and pebbles.
Skyla was the bubbly one, who took to wearing chunky high heels to school and tried out for basketball and cheerleading. She adopted stray cats — Gracie, Roxie and C.J. were some of the names she gave them — and the animals seemed to follow her everywhere. She wanted to be a veterinarian.
Taylor was the curious one, who could take apart and reassemble a carburetor in short order and had a habit of rescuing turtles crawling along roadways because she thought they didn't have enough to eat. She wanted to be a forensic scientist.

Am I the only one that didn't know this info........

fy1z6q.jpg
Bad Creek Bridge, where they planned to wade through waist-high weeds to the river bank to collect shells and pebbles.

I am posting pics that "Frog" had taken back then of the water area by bridge .. old tires ect but I don't know about any "SHELLS or Pebbles???

2nau1k9.jpg

140g3z8.jpg

Like they had countless times before, 11-year-old Skyla Whitaker and her 13-year-old girlfriend, Taylor Placker, went for a walk one June afternoon down an unpaved road less than a half-mile from Taylor's home. Their destination: Bad Creek Bridge, where they planned to wade through waist-high weeds to the river bank to collect shells and pebbles.
Skyla was the bubbly one, who took to wearing chunky high heels to school and tried out for basketball and cheerleading. She adopted stray cats — Gracie, Roxie and C.J. were some of the names she gave them — and the animals seemed to follow her everywhere. She wanted to be a veterinarian.
Taylor was the curious one, who could take apart and reassemble a carburetor in short order and had a habit of rescuing turtles crawling along roadways because she thought they didn't have enough to eat. She wanted to be a forensic scientist. Am I the only one that didn't know this info........

Hi GS~
The words you bolded were also new to me. HUH?

If you remember the timeline, when the girls were walking, they knew Skylas mom would be picking her up shortly. I am not sure I believe they were walking to the bridge to collect anything. IF they had made it to the bridge and had collected shells and pebbles, then I would think those items would have been found at the crime scene and / or on the girls. Maybe it was journalistic liberties? As for Taylor, taking apart a carburetor, I never heard this. Although her dad is a mechanic.

I know Flossie It just really struck me odd heck if that isn't journalistic liberties where did this guy get his info?
Those statements are the newest info we have on this case .. how sad..

I did look up
JUSTIN JUOZAPAVICIUS, Associated Press – He is from Tulsa OK
He has a FB page

As I bolded I never heard of "SHELLS" in an Okl Creek ..(Well maybe SHOT GUN SHELLS) There really isn't a river right there for freshwater mussels so I would like this question this statement ..

But this article just made my heart sink .. I wish he would of least stated Oklahoma Folks are resilient or just something nice ..

I really wished he would left PP statement out ..after a lengthy bit in there about :

I'm telling you, the devil brought devastation to this town," warned the Rev. John Overton, pastor at Christ's Community Church, which, like most of the parishes around here, averages a congregation of 75 or 80 on a decent Sunday. "The devil has a foothold here, and it's our job to run him out."

The ordeal has also tested Placker's faith."I believed in God" before the murders, he said. "But how can you believe in him when he let something like this happen to two innocent girls?"

This above statement is so opposite of Skyla's parents.

God doesn't just "LET THINGS HAPPEN" it isn't that simple ..
Peter Placker needs our prayers now more than ever because the way I look at it the repercussions of turning your back on God and losing your soul will have no chance for Grace or Comfort or PEACE.

This article just bugs me like I said it just made my heart sink..

GS~
I agree. We need to pray for all those involved in this case. It is heart breaking. We have to remember that PP was the 1st on the scene of a very violent, crime. It involved 2 young girls that he loved dearly. It would be enough to shake anyone's faith. It's been a long 3 years.

Flossie

G-D outrage that no one there can figure out who committed such a strange crime. Generally, strange crimes happen for strange reasons. That reason should have been pretty easy to pick up on when this happened. Though I've always been reluctant to believe that just some random creeps gunned these girls down for the hell of it, it seems like the only way a case such as this can stay unsolved. Sickening.

ITA I said from day one it seemed to be a thrill kill by young adults/probably teens.

I hope to see this solved one day more than anything. Just two little girls, still innocent, gunned down on the road. Why!!!
:(

Good point. Strong argument that pretty much no one other than the guilty knows anything at all.

That or the others who suspect or know something put their own above any award money. Like a mom would def protect her son rather than get the money.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anniegirl401
Back