Well, the communist way of life has finally found something to attract me

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Okay, here are the answers to the questions you seek:

Q) And who says these women even want to get pregnant?

A) The amount of money the Komrad makes determines the woman's desire to get pregnant.

--------

Q2) Or have sex for that matter?

A2) See A above

--------

Control women.....we'd be happy if you guys left us alone for a majority of the week! :D

Legally, a woman must have sex with her husband any time he asks....legally speaking. Didn't you have that in your vows?

Cal

Yeah, but when women were given the right to vote, we also put elected officials into place who put the "i have a headache" clause into effect. didn't your minister / JOP tell you about that one?

Cal, you're in Atlanta too?

Hmmm...I may have to rethink the southeastern WS meeting. I'm kind of afraid to meet you in RL.

Yeah, but when women were given the right to vote, we also put elected officials into place who put the "i have a headache" clause into effect. didn't your minister / JOP tell you about that one?

No, in fact he didn't......

But if we are drawing straws, he called us Mr. and Mrs. Brady (fyi, my name isn't BRADY). My young bride almost dropped dead right there..... Before one of you smart asses asks, HER name isn't Brady either! :D So technically, I am probably not legally married. I still call her Mrs. Brady during arguments from time to time for fun.

Cal

Cal, you're in Atlanta too?

Hmmm...I may have to rethink the southeastern WS meeting. I'm kind of afraid to meet you in RL.

Nah, I am harmless, to most people. And I don't bite, not hard anyway and never without being asked! :D ;)

I am afraid that a WS Atlanta meeting might end in death for someone, possibly ME!

Cal

Nah, I am harmless, to most people. And I don't bite, not hard anyway and never without being asked! :D ;)

I am afraid that a WS Atlanta meeting might end in death for someone, possibly ME!

Cal

I know someone that will be at the meeting who has a large back deck we can bury "things" under...

Yup, I think you should come to our meeting, Cal :D :D

I know someone that will be at the meeting who has a large back deck we can bury "things" under...

Yup, I think you should come to our meeting, Cal :D :D

Better bring a big shove and a big gun (bigger than mine anyway)! :D

Hell with the day I am having, I may just help you dig!

Cal

Awwww!! I hope the weekend gets better for you Cal!

Well, hopefully it will.

I am trying to lead a 71 year old woman (my mother in law) through the car buying process and the car selling process.

She is used to just going in, handing them the keys to her car, and then trading her existing car and paying what they want to give her for the new car. Her idea of bargaining...no crap here...was "Can you take $25 off that price--the price that reams her on both transactions". The salesman just smiles and says "let me check with my manager".

So I sold her car for her using craigslist. She doesn't understand that her car's trade in value is $5,500 and I sold it for $6,900. THAT'S GOOD! Then when she told a neighbor what she sold it for, the neighbor said "Ahhh, you should have gotten more for it than that...I could have sold it for more than that". :D So, despite what Kelly Blue Book and NADA and Edmunds says her car is worth, some uninformed dufass next door has somehow invalidated that deal. She somehow feels cheated. She found the paperwork from a previous car that had fewer miles and was newer that she traded--therefore she got more on trade in--and was upset because of that.

I have been dealing with car dealers all week on the new car through their internet pricing departments. I have what Edmunds says the car should sell for...$20,750...and I have several price quotes from dealers on the car of $20,718 to $21,200 and the winner of $20,089. I was ready to make the deal with them when my mother-in-law goes to a car lot to decide what color she wants. That dealer tells her $19,800 as a 'drive out' which is clearly before tax and their doc fees, etc. So no she wants to do that deal, despite the fact that it isn't true drive out.....she never learns!

She is a great person but she will drive you batty worrying about whether she got the best deal, etc.

Here's a funny one....I helped her navigate this Bush prescription drug plan and the 1,000 or so companies selling plans. I took her drugs she currently takes and did an excel spreadsheet showing which plans are best. It literally took me 15 hours total or better and I proved which plan was best in the cost/benefit arena. She went with it. Then she gets on the phone and talks with her idiot friends that have other criteria and some just looked at the cost (then complain because it didn't cover their drugs) and tells me "but Margie is paying $20 a month less than me".....ARRRRRGGGGGGHHHHHHH!

God love her because I want to kill her right now! :D

Cal

Control women.....we'd be happy if you guys left us alone for a majority of the week! :D

Legally, a woman must have sex with her husband any time he asks....legally speaking. Didn't you have that in your vows?

Cal
A well trained husband knows when to ask... self preservation speaking ;)

You Definitely have more patience then I would have!

You must be a very good son in law! If you have tried to explain it all I would simply let her make whatever deal she wishes..
Its her money.

My weekend is shaping up to be crappy too!!

You Definitely have more patience then I would have!

You must be a very good son in law! If you have tried to explain it all I would simply let her make whatever deal she wishes..
Its her money.

My weekend is shaping up to be crappy too!!

Well, since 96 when her husband passed, I have been doing all of this for her. This is the first car negotiation, thank God.

I can't let her hang herself, so to speak....it would be nice to be able to show her what my deal would have been when she comes home from her deal.

Cal

Cal,
I know what you mean about "They tell me..."
Many moons ago I worked in the local Social Security office. We had people come in and complain about the amount they were receiving because "they tell me I should be receiving more." It was pretty difficult to pin down exactly who "they" were, but if "they" said it, gee, it must be true. Arrgghh.

Cal,
I know what you mean about "They tell me..."
Many moons ago I worked in the local Social Security office. We had people come in and complain about the amount they were receiving because "they tell me I should be receiving more." It was pretty difficult to pin down exactly who "they" were, but if "they" said it, gee, it must be true. Arrgghh.

I am going to find "they" one day and he/she is going to be on the receiving end of a good butt kicking! I can imagine that the cops will be called and as they try to break it up, I will just say "Wait this man is 'they' ". Then you will see me and the cops kicking they's *advertiser censored*!

Cal

LOLOL!!!

Did you manage to survive the weekend and straighten out the car thing?

LOLOL!!!

Did you manage to survive the weekend and straighten out the car thing?

Yep, we went Friday to get it....yet even that was not completely without a headache. The dealer agreed to our price and agreed to finalize the transaction tomorrow (Tuesday). The reason is that if you buy a car in our State within 59 days of your birthday, you don't pay the ad valorum tax on the vehicle for that year. So she put the deposit down on Friday and will pick up the car tomorrow and finalize the paperwork. The dealer didn't want to do the price when we got there (I think that they pay the ad valorum tax which is another 200-300 dollars off the deal). I told her that the other dealer didn't have a problem so they did it.

Tomorrow is it and finally, I think she is happy! :D

Cal

Well that is good to hear!!!!

So come tomorrow one headache will be over... I am sure another will begin! LOL

I wonder how successful the 12th was in Russia. I guess we'll know in about 9 months!

Well, hopefully it will.

I am trying to lead a 71 year old woman (my mother in law) through the car buying process and the car selling process.

She is used to just going in, handing them the keys to her car, and then trading her existing car and paying what they want to give her for the new car. Her idea of bargaining...no crap here...was "Can you take $25 off that price--the price that reams her on both transactions". The salesman just smiles and says "let me check with my manager".

So I sold her car for her using craigslist. She doesn't understand that her car's trade in value is $5,500 and I sold it for $6,900. THAT'S GOOD! Then when she told a neighbor what she sold it for, the neighbor said "Ahhh, you should have gotten more for it than that...I could have sold it for more than that". :D So, despite what Kelly Blue Book and NADA and Edmunds says her car is worth, some uninformed dufass next door has somehow invalidated that deal. She somehow feels cheated. She found the paperwork from a previous car that had fewer miles and was newer that she traded--therefore she got more on trade in--and was upset because of that.

I have been dealing with car dealers all week on the new car through their internet pricing departments. I have what Edmunds says the car should sell for...$20,750...and I have several price quotes from dealers on the car of $20,718 to $21,200 and the winner of $20,089. I was ready to make the deal with them when my mother-in-law goes to a car lot to decide what color she wants. That dealer tells her $19,800 as a 'drive out' which is clearly before tax and their doc fees, etc. So no she wants to do that deal, despite the fact that it isn't true drive out.....she never learns!

She is a great person but she will drive you batty worrying about whether she got the best deal, etc.

Here's a funny one....I helped her navigate this Bush prescription drug plan and the 1,000 or so companies selling plans. I took her drugs she currently takes and did an excel spreadsheet showing which plans are best. It literally took me 15 hours total or better and I proved which plan was best in the cost/benefit arena. She went with it. Then she gets on the phone and talks with her idiot friends that have other criteria and some just looked at the cost (then complain because it didn't cover their drugs) and tells me "but Margie is paying $20 a month less than me".....ARRRRRGGGGGGHHHHHHH!

God love her because I want to kill her right now! :D

Cal

If I didn't know better, I'd say you have my MIL, right down to the neighbor Margie. No matter what we do or say or how much we are certain of something, Margie always knows better.

Cal- I am an RN Geratric Care Manager and I thank the Lord every day for family like you. If family is not around, I get the pleasure of jobs like this. I have a client right now with Alzheimers who has recently decided that she absolutely hates her doctor. She has been seeing him for 15 years or more and is fantastic but, some of her little old lady friends (also with alzheimers) have told her she should see Dr. X. Thats all good and well, glad he is a good Dr. to her friends but, there is only one problem. Dr. X does not exsist!!!!! How I am going to fix this is beyond me!!!!!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mydermarie26
Back