Were the Ramseys scared?

GuruJosh said:
The note is juvenile; the author, whether Burke or an accomplice, is probably juvenile too.

GuruJosh,

I agree. The naive and obviously fake RN was likely written by a young male. It's purpose, IMO, was solely an attempt to cover up the sexual aspects of the crime by a family member and try to divert blame to a "small foreign faction".

The ridiculous $118,000 ransom amount; the naive three handwritten pages of prime handwriting evidence; the silly melodramatic phrases from action movies; the 17 threats that consumed over half of the note; the ambiguous "tomorrow" as the date of the telephone call; the childish "foreign terrorist" theme; the curious knowledge of private Ramsey sayings and finances; and the failure to remove the "kidnap" victim from the house, all indicate the involvement of juvenile males to me.

BlueCrab

narlacat said:
As i was the one who mentioned the word strange in relation to the lay out of the house...i feel Tipper you are referring to me in the last post.
I understand the whole parents retreat thing,being a parent myself and i am not the first person to question the lay out of the house....in particular where the bedrooms are located.....
I think it is relevant to establish what the sleeping arrangements were ,seeing as she was murdered at night in her own home. And im sorry, but yes i do find it strange that a little girl would rather walk all the way to her brothers room instead of taking the quicker way to her parents room at night when she was scared.
I think that tells us something about the ways things were in that house and in that family....

Maybe she went to Burke's room because of her bedwetting. Especially if she knew she would be scolded on the spot for it if she had alerted her parents.

Eve

Except all references I've seen said Patsy took the bedwetting in stride. Having had 2 bedwetters I can tell you it's not a big deal. Kids shift beds or drag their blankets to the floor etc. In the morning you just swap sheets.

I've never seen a suggestion she was scolded for it.

Patsy stated to detectives that she did hear Burke flush the toilet at night but admitted not being able to hear anything coming from JonBenet's room.

Burke's room is closest to the Ramsey BED....JonBenet's room is closest to John and Patsy's bathrooms and dressing rooms.

I know the Ramsey's are involved and one fact speaks for itself...Burke.

Patsy stated that John checked on Burke after discovering the note. John opened Burke's door, peeked in and found him to be sound asleep. Then they both decide "not to wake him".

They did not ENTER Burke's room! They did not SEARCH Burke's room to check if JonBenet was in the room!

Worst of all...they did not ENTER THE ROOM to make sure NOBODY ELSE was hiding in there.....like THE FOREIGN FACTION!!!

Maybe Eve. The bedwetting seemed to be an issue though like Tipper said i think Patsy took it in her stride. I find it a bit unusual that JB wore pullups in the day time at 6 yrs old and that her toilet habits had regressed.
That was a good point Toltec that John and Patsy didnt go into Burkes room,let alone search it. Theres so may little things about that morning that just dont add up.
I liked holdontoyourhats theory about diversionary tactics...made me think.....im pretty convinced BDI but if he didnt and i try and ignore the R's strange behaviour and everything else,maybe it was a foreign faction. Sometimes i cant get past Santa or the gardener. Santa because of the play his wife wrote and a coupla things he said that i thought were strange , and the gardener because of some things he said....
Theres so many little coincidences with this case its not funny.
Lucky its not up to me to solve this case:)

Narlacat,

Yes, there are an endless number of suspects, but you can eliminate almost all of them with one fact -- the Ramseys are lying, refusing to cooperate with the investigation, and covering up. They wouldn't be doing this to shield the identity of an intruder. The Ramseys would lie, refuse to cooperate with the investigation, and coverup for only ONE reason -- to protect the identity of a FAMILY MEMBER.

Common sense says there was no intruder.

Aint that the truth BC.
After i posted that last post i thought....really i just cant get past the lies. They lied from the start and havent stopped lying. So many of their actions speak so much louder than words.
Three things off the top of my head about the morning of the 26th

* Lied about Burke being asleep
* Did exactly the opposite of what the note said to do
* Didnt even go into Burkes room,let alone search it.

Theres so many little things.....the one i like is the missing cell phone records for the month of Dec,even after John is stated as saying that the police used their cell phone the morning of the 26th. I cant believe the police phones werent working,for whatever reason....thats just ridiculous...id expect a little bit more from a police department. Is Boulder like the backwater?? Ive watched tons of american movies where theres the litttle hick town somewhere in the middle of america where everythings really timewarped and backwards.....is that what Boulders like??? To me this case reads like a crime novel,where a horrific crime happens in a small american town and everyones a suspect and things are covered up to suit the old towsfolk.....and it stays that way....covered up forever.

My 2cents..... if it were my child, I would have walked through burning water laced with starving alligators and while I chugged arsenic to get my daughter back. I wouldn't think twice about anyone in the house. AND if they had my child, my adreniline would be so high, I'd probably kick some A##.

There are other cases that I can think of where the parents didn't IMMEDIATELY go to the other childrens rooms WHEN THE CHILD was kidnapped out of the home. The note said "your daughter...." you'll assume for the moment, it is JBR.

Ramsey's DID NOT DO THIS. SIGH.... I'D LIKE TOTH TO COME BACK. I miss his POV on JBR.

blueclouds said:
There are other cases that I can think of where the parents didn't IMMEDIATELY go to the other childrens rooms WHEN THE CHILD was kidnapped out of the home. The note said "your daughter...." you'll assume for the moment, it is JBR.

Ramsey's DID NOT DO THIS. SIGH.... I'D LIKE TOTH TO COME BACK. I miss his POV on JBR.
My recollection is they did do that. Patsy ran upstairs to JBR's room while shouting for John. Then they looked in Burkes room and saw he was "asleep" and went back downstairs.

narlacat said:
One of the first things i thought when first reading about this case was...how could Patsy have slept so far away from the kids anyway?? Werent their bedrooms a whole floor below?? I find that a bit strange....i mean its common knowledge JB often slept in with Burke.....which tells me she chose to go to him instead of jumping in with mum and dad...i guess that could be because she was too scared to walk that far,it was easier for her to go to Burkes room.......

I have always found that a bit odd too, Narlacat.

I sell homes for a living. I have walked many parents through every type of home you can imagine. In the past five years, I have NEVER had a set of parents of small children agree to buy a home where the master bedroom was on a different level from the kids' bedrooms.

In fact, when I do show a home that has bedrooms on different levels, more often than not, clients with small children comment about their discomfort with the bedroom set-up.

Just one of those things...

WolfmarsGirl said:
I have always found that a bit odd too, Narlacat.

I sell homes for a living. I have walked many parents through every type of home you can imagine. In the past five years, I have NEVER had a set of parents of small children agree to buy a home where the master bedroom was on a different level from the kids' bedrooms.

In fact, when I do show a home that has bedrooms on different levels, more often than not, clients with small children comment about their discomfort with the bedroom set-up.

Just one of those things...
Hi WolfmarsGirl
Thanx for your post....that was interesting.
I thought maybe im just a bit of a worrier with my child(he sleeps in his own room but just across the hall from my room and i check him a couple of times at nite lol,but then i dont sleep all that well,so im awake anyway...)
Alot of my friends are the same though...like their kids where they can at least hear them if they call out or whatever during the nite.
I thought well maybe it was just an Australian thing because even though we have big houses,they just dont seem as big as houses in the states,especially in towns like Boulder where its kinda out in the country and theres those classic tree lined streets and older style houses that are just huge compared to our typical houses.
Everythings bigger in the states lol.

narlacat said:
Hi WolfmarsGirl
Thanx for your post....that was interesting.
I thought maybe im just a bit of a worrier with my child(he sleeps in his own room but just across the hall from my room and i check him a couple of times at nite lol,but then i dont sleep all that well,so im awake anyway...)
Alot of my friends are the same though...like their kids where they can at least hear them if they call out or whatever during the nite.
I thought well maybe it was just an Australian thing because even though we have big houses,they just dont seem as big as houses in the states,especially in towns like Boulder where its kinda out in the country and theres those classic tree lined streets and older style houses that are just huge compared to our typical houses.
Everythings bigger in the states lol.

Personally, both of my kids are across the hall from me, and I would never buy a house that I couldn't have it that way. I have a friend who sleeps on the ground floor and her kids are on the 2nd - alot of Capes have that sort of set up where the master BR is on the ground floor, and there are two BRs on the second floor. Something I find very scary is that the first pediatrician that my kids had put her baby's room on the third floor and she slept on the first so she didn't have to hear him cry at night. Needless to say she is no longer my kids' Dr. I am not sure that the Ramseys' were all that unusual in this regard, but they certainly were not the norm.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Migrant
Back