Werter wants immunity for Tommy due to threats of felony murder charges

Appears to me that Werter feels his client is unjustly being accused and confused as to why named person responsible is NOT being questioned and/or arrested. Obviously he believes his client and most likely suspects LE are trying to pin this crime on him without probable cause. I also suspect that LE has used "whatever means" to coerce a confession and/or info from his client; and they have no right to do so. Thank God Tommy has an attorney or who knows whether LE would have already arrested and charged him, maybe even coercing him into signing a confession. I suspect LE has over stepped their bounds with respect to his client and Werter is damn upset! JMO

there are times where the innocent must have attorney representation too! I keep remembering what Misty said in the beginning that she didn't need an attorney because they were for the guilty ones.

Appears to me that Werter feels his client is unjustly being accused and confused as to why named person responsible is NOT being questioned and/or arrested. Obviously he believes his client and most likely suspects LE are trying to pin this crime on him without probable cause. I also suspect that LE has used "whatever means" to coerce a confession and/or info from his client; and they have no right to do so. Thank God Tommy has an attorney or who knows whether LE would have already arrested and charged him, maybe even coercing him into signing a confession. I suspect LE has over stepped their bounds with respect to his client and Werter is damn upset! JMO

And I pray you are right..JMHO

Teasers to tempt LE? They are waving a BIG RED flag in LE's face. HELLO!!!!!! Me, me, pick me!

If he is seeking immunity he is involved as an accomplice and wants immunity so he can talk about the real story without incriminating himself.

Hopefully he has something because Werter and ToC are playing a dangerous game if it is a bluff just to reduce ToC's sentence.

I trully believe Tommy may have raped Haleigh.while he was on his drugs..I don't know what to think about who killed the child but I feel really bad things happened to her...These (ALL) of the ones involved in this case are selfish ??????,, dont put anything past them....Tommy has done something bad to want immunity, you can take that to the bank...

I am at a total loss as to what these two attorneys are doing (Werter and Fields). Hasn't LE dismissed Tommy's story about Joe and Shell Harbor? If not, why hasn't Tommy gotten a deal?

Are Werter and Fields just trying to muddy the waters with this theory? Why the media blitz about it? JVM, Nancy Grace and Art Harris just keep feeding off of this story.

Imo LE will not deal with Tommy. They are going to charge him with accessory to murder imo.

As far as Misty... is it a law in Florida that someone has to report a crime? In some states it isn't.

IMO, Joe Overstreet did this and I think LE knows it but LE has no forensic evidence but imo eventually they will put a circumstantial case together and arrest him and charge Tommy too.

I dont think LE has dismissed JO at all.

IMO

Imo LE will not deal with Tommy. They are going to charge him with accessory to murder imo.

As far as Misty... is it a law in Florida that someone has to report a crime? In some states it isn't.

IMO, Joe Overstreet did this and I think LE knows it but LE has no forensic evidence but imo eventually they will put a circumstantial case together and arrest him and charge Tommy too.

I dont think LE has dismissed JO at all.

IMO
Even though Joe was cleared early on, I don't think LE has dismissed him either. They'd have to be stupid to ignore Tommy's & Misty's stories, but I'm curious...what makes you so confident that Joe is the perp? Is it because of the accusations, or something else?

BBM

Although, IMO, very few "facts" have been released, one of the "facts" that we do have is that Crystal has been cleared by LE and is not a suspect in HaLeigh's demise. (Gosh, I hate writing that word.)

Maia- I hate thinking about what Haleigh went through also but LE has said all of them are suspect and then the newest one where LE says that Ron and Crystal are cleared. I don't know what to believe until I see someone cop to this crime and their part in it.

Maia- I hate thinking about what Haleigh went through also but LE has said all of them are suspect and then the newest one where LE says that Ron and Crystal are cleared. I don't know what to believe until I see someone cop to this crime and their part in it.

Bathbuddys, I completely understand. It seems like everyday something new pops up which makes us all go hmm? However, IIRC, Crystal and Ron were both cleared early in the investigation and I don't believe LE would have allowed Crystal to be given custody of Jr. if they harbored any suspicions that she harmed HaLeigh. JMO :)

poor butterbean ... he suffers most of all, this I M sure :(

I agree that the children were let down, not only by the parents but the State as well. There were several investigations, reports of abuse, and nothing was done. IMO, if DCF would of removed the children from Ronald's care Haleigh would still be here today..but they didn't do their job once again. Ronald was Haleigh's Custodial Guardian/Father and he was the one that left the children in Misty's care knowing she did not want to babysit, knowing she was a drug user, and knowing she left the children by them self in the past. Ronald IMO was abusive to the females in his life and I do believe the claims of him abusing his children as well. He is a drug user and pusher that had no business having custody of the children. The State/DCF was to step in and they didn't.
So, who is to blame? IMO, it would be Ronald for neglecting/endangering his children, lying, and Misty and Tommy for Lying and what ever role they played in this crime. Who harmed/took Haleigh I have no idea. But do feel IMO that three above had some part into what happen to Haleigh.

I feel CS was in court yesterday in hopes that Ron would of gotten his plea deal and LE would find out what/where Haleigh is. IMO, she is a devastated mother that is not perfect and does not deserve to have her child murdered/stolen because she has her faults. Nobody deserves this IMO. No child deserves to be abused or Murdered.

:cow:
& I want to add one more thing to your heart felt post...Ron kept guns, & also what is reported as a machine gun, in that house, with his 2 kids. & it has been reported that he played around with them, & used them to scare, threaten, & intimidate, while in front of his kids. All of his gun business, is something I can't get past. What if Ron had gotten high, passed out after playing with his machine gun, & left it laying around? one of the kids could've gotten a hold of it. & if after all of these allegations, a gun theft really does play into this, well...it's just gonna be wrong beyond words, if Ron is granted any kind of gun immunity.

Does anyone else remember when he was talking to Lindsy,,, Tommy said "thats my story and I am sticking to it",,,when he was denying any involvement in Haleighs demise...This man is lower than low, IMO and he was definitely involved....Lindsy even lied for him saying he was home.....

"Stupid little threat"...hmmm. Well, wonder what PCSO will have to say about this. It's almost like these lawyers have decided to force things....

Quoting myself because Johnny Greenwood and I finally agree on something. :crazy:

"These attorneys are trying to force our hand," said Lt. Johnny Greenwood of the Putnam County Sheriff's Office. "Since day one we have really kept it close to the vest."

http://jacksonville.com/news/metro/2010-08-21/story/croslins-stories-add-clue-count-haleighs-case

Please, someone tell me WHY I shouldn't be sick to my stomach after reading this..."Ronald Cummings' help and sensitivity to the fact he is Haleigh's father may have been factors in an agreement that will likely get him a 15-year prison sentence on three charges of trafficking in hydrocodone, said Terry Shoemaker, his attorney

SVirginiaGirl:

I can only locate CNN transcript with a snip identifying JO as the speaker. I can't find tape of ToC saying that to Linds.

http://archives.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1008/18/ng.01.html

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

FLORA HOLLARS, MISTY CROSLIN AND JOE OVERSTREET`S GRANDMOTHER: Those three grandkids of mine is involved in this. And I don`t know why.

UNIDENTIFIED REPORTER: A horrifying new story emerges about Haleigh Cummings.

MISTY CROSLIN, FORMER STEPMOM/BABYSITTER OF HALEIGH CUMMINGS: They`re going to know. They`re going to know.

UNIDENTIFIED REPORTER: Misty Croslin, the last one to see the little girl, now claims the child was violently attacked.

M. CROSLIN: When I woke up, she was gone.

JOE OVERSTREET, MISTY CROSLIN`S COUSIN: I didn`t do (EXPLETIVE DELETED). My story and I`m sticking to it.

UNIDENTIFIED REPORTER: And saw Overstreet put Haleigh in a black bag.

OVERSTREET: I didn`t do it.

SVirginiaGirl:

I can only locate CNN transcript with a snip identifying JO as the speaker. I can't find tape of ToC saying that to Linds.

http://archives.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1008/18/ng.01.html

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

FLORA HOLLARS, MISTY CROSLIN AND JOE OVERSTREET`S GRANDMOTHER: Those three grandkids of mine is involved in this. And I don`t know why.

UNIDENTIFIED REPORTER: A horrifying new story emerges about Haleigh Cummings.

MISTY CROSLIN, FORMER STEPMOM/BABYSITTER OF HALEIGH CUMMINGS: They`re going to know. They`re going to know.

UNIDENTIFIED REPORTER: Misty Croslin, the last one to see the little girl, now claims the child was violently attacked.

M. CROSLIN: When I woke up, she was gone.

JOE OVERSTREET, MISTY CROSLIN`S COUSIN: I didn`t do (EXPLETIVE DELETED). My story and I`m sticking to it.

UNIDENTIFIED REPORTER: And saw Overstreet put Haleigh in a black bag.

OVERSTREET: I didn`t do it.

That's unforgivably bad and misleading editing from NG's staff if it's really Tommy saying it on this tape because this is the video where he says it to Lindsy and it's got nothing to do with Haleigh he's talking about the burglary charges the stuff they found in his house, and says the other people living there could have brought it there. He didn't do it and that's his story and he's sticking to it.

About 6:20:
http://www.news4jax.com/video/22424712/index.html

Please, someone tell me WHY I shouldn't be sick to my stomach after reading this..."Ronald Cummings' help and sensitivity to the fact he is Haleigh's father may have been factors in an agreement that will likely get him a 15-year prison sentence on three charges of trafficking in hydrocodone, said Terry Shoemaker, his attorney
I guess Shoemaker is using the Haleigh card. shameful. kind of reminds me of the Menendez brothers begging for mercy because they were orphans.

That's unforgivably bad and misleading editing from NG's staff if it's really Tommy saying it on this tape because this is the video where he says it to Lindsy and it's got nothing to do with Haleigh he's talking about the burglary charges the stuff they found in his house, and says the other people living there could have brought it there. He didn't do it and that's his story and he's sticking to it.

About 6:20:
http://www.news4jax.com/video/22424712/index.html
a lot of news people remind me of high school kids playing around with their slicing & splicing. but they got their point across, & I guess, it wasn't technically illegal since these people did say these things.

Even though Joe was cleared early on, I don't think LE has dismissed him either. They'd have to be stupid to ignore Tommy's & Misty's stories, but I'm curious...what makes you so confident that Joe is the perp? Is it because of the accusations, or something else?

To me for a child to be taken right out of a home and murdered the person doing it has to be a little crazy at the time. Not mentally ill but one that cannot control their anger and can be a little whacky. And imo Joe Overstreet has been declared to be this kind of person by his own family.

I think Joe did this out of revenge. When the first gun was stolen that went south for Joe. I think he seethed about it. So he was determined to steal the other gun, which btw, I don't think was a submachine gun, but a semi-automatic that looks very similar to one, which are legal to buy. We are dealing with ignorant people in this case who imo wouldn't know the difference.

And then that went south for Joe Overstreet too so it escalated his anger and rage against Ron Cummings who had outsmarted him once again by removing the gun from his home.

So in revenge he takes away and destroys what Ron loves to exact his final revenge. Imo, he was so enraged that night and probably stoned out on drugs that it was the makings of a perfect storm with an innocent little girl caught in the middle of his firestorm.

The sad thing about it though Msty and Tommy have told so many different stories justice may never be served for Haleigh. It was just like Joran Van der Sloot and how he has gotten away with murdering Natalee for years and years.

When those who were there when it happened has lost all credibility it lessen the chance that justice will ever be served especially when there seems to be no forensic evidence tying anyone to the crime.

Imo, Joe had no choice but to pretend he didnt know anything and be helpful in putting up the fliers. It was all a ploy, imo.

No one there had a score to settle with Ron but Joe Overstreet, imo.

So he exacted his revenge and took it out on an innocent little girl.

IMO

BBM

Although, IMO, very few "facts" have been released, one of the "facts" that we do have is that Crystal has been cleared by LE and is not a suspect in HaLeigh's demise. (Gosh, I hate writing that word.)

the day of Rons court the sheriff said that both Crystal and Ron were not responsible for Haleigh missing. BOTH

I don't put much stock in what Werter says, if I had enough time on JVM I could rip his story and rendition of facts to shreds.

I don't buy that Tommy / Misty were SO SCARED of Joe. He may be a creepy punk gang banger druggie with a fetish for guns, but they hung out with him! Chelsea/Timmy let him stay over! If he was so scary, to the extent that Werter wants us to believe why hang around with him?

Flo Hollars lives in the same state and the same county as Joe, and she has called him a child murderer. She isn't afraid. So why in the heck would Misty/Tommy be?

I think Joe could very well be involved, but any story that leaves Ronald out of the mix is lacking in credibility IMO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back