MISTRIAL Wesley Hadsell charged with murdering adopted stepdaughter, A.J. Hadsell #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was the court system that failed to prosecute this slug for a dozen heinous crimes from 2005, setting him loose upon society.

It was the court system that gave him permission to live with my 3 daughters, despite history of rape and abduction, and much more.

It was the federal court system that would not allow his probation officer to testify about his criminal history in family court.

It was the court system that allowed this sociopath fraud career criminal to steal and adopt my daughter, a 15 year old girl he knew for 2 years, whom I had raised to age 13.

It has been the court system that has held the burning iron on our hearts, not allowing us to heal, most especially Anjelica's sisters, for FIVE YEARS, NOW LOOKING AT 6.

It is this court system that is allowing this con man to play them at the expense of my children's hearts.

Justice?
I feel so bad for what you have been through. It really breaks my heart.

Prosecution is afraid of giving WH reason to appeal, is the only reason I can think that they gave in. What a sham. Suicide was a stupid defense, what the heck are they going to claim next trial, when presumably AJ's privacy will be respected.

From your link, OMom:

After hearing the first few witnesses testify, Hadsell decided he didn’t want to keep an agreement his defense team made with prosecution regarding what parts of his criminal record would be allowed to be brought up during the trial.

There wasn’t time for prosecutors to restructure their case without the evidence that was allowed under the agreement, so they requested a mistrial and the judge granted the request.

The judge also made it clear during Friday’s hearing that for the new trial, there will be no unofficial agreements between the two sides. Every agreement must be in writing, signed, and handed over to the court.

Good!

From your link, OMom:

After hearing the first few witnesses testify, Hadsell decided he didn’t want to keep an agreement his defense team made with prosecution regarding what parts of his criminal record would be allowed to be brought up during the trial.

There wasn’t time for prosecutors to restructure their case without the evidence that was allowed under the agreement, so they requested a mistrial and the judge granted the request.

The judge also made it clear during Friday’s hearing that for the new trial, there will be no unofficial agreements between the two sides. Every agreement must be in writing, signed, and handed over to the court.

Good!

I think this was sort of planned all along. From another article:

"“We sort of had an agreement and then Wesley changed his mind and that’s his right. He heard Jennifer testify and Wesley sort of realized that parts of his criminal history would come out and he felt uncomfortable about that. He didn’t feel comfortable going on with the agreement the way that we had made it,” said Ellenson." Mistrial declared in Wesley Hadsell murder case

I think him and his lawyer had a waiting game going on, with a plan B in case she said what they thought she might.

That is not a bad turnaround. And Wesley has used his last court interruption card.

His next move will be to fire his attorney and start the process over. Unless he really likes manipulating this attorney, then it's worth the fun of it.

The defense attorney calls Jennifer by her first name as if he knows her like that. Because he is a puppet for Hadsell. Right where Wes wants him.

Too bad we have his number. Dude played one too many games.

"Wesley Hadsell, the man accused of killing his adopted stepdaughter back in 2015 and leaving her body in Southampton County, will now go to trial in March 2021. The trial was scheduled to start in September 2020, but was pushed back on Thursday in a pre-trial hearing due to COVID-19-related trial issues. However he is expected to be back in court in September for a full day of motions, WAVY’s Aesia Toliver reports."

Unreal it's taking so long to finally see justice for AJ :(

"Wesley Hadsell, the man accused of killing his adopted stepdaughter back in 2015 and leaving her body in Southampton County, will now go to trial in March 2021. The trial was scheduled to start in September 2020, but was pushed back on Thursday in a pre-trial hearing due to COVID-19-related trial issues. However he is expected to be back in court in September for a full day of motions, WAVY’s Aesia Toliver reports."

Unreal it's taking so long to finally see justice for AJ :(
At least his *advertiser censored* is sitting in jail in the meantime. Ooh, do I hate this man!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa