Wesley Hadsell charged with murdering A.J. Hadsell

Status
Not open for further replies.
What could they possibly wish to prove? That she ran out of her headache medicine and went to Wes for something to take the edge off? That she was imperceptibly suicidal and asked him to euthanise her? No jury is going to buy the paper bridge they're trying to build with that.
Yeah because we all know how a big dose of heroin fixes a bad headache. SMDH.

Wesley's had uncommonly good luck in skirting punishment for his crimes but I think it's finally GAME OVER!

"Wesley Hadsell, the man accused of killing his adopted stepdaughter AJ Hadsell, is expected in court Monday. The pre-trial hearing is expected to review the defense’s request to surrender evidence from a search warrant of a Norfolk hotel room. The judge said the evidence was too important to the trial to make a decision last Thursday and set a date of a separate hearing to look at that matter." Wesley Hadsell expected in court Monday for pre-trial hearing

I suspect a few of us are going to want to keep an eye on our blood pressure during this creep's defense attorney's opening when the trial starts. I have a feeling they're going to attempt to just trash AJ, and make it look like this was all her fault. :mad:

It's been quite some time since I really went digging around on AJ's case, so today I did, and found this:

Hadsell's charges

Code Section: 18.2-32
Charge: FIRST DEGREE MURDER – class 2 felony

Code Section: 18.2-33
Charge: MURDER: NON CAPITAL FELONY – class 3 felony

Code Section: 18.2-323.02
Charge: CONCEAL DEAD BODY – class 6 felony

Virginia Judiciary Online Case Information System

The trial is supposed to start on 02/24 and expected to last 2 weeks. His attorney is James Ellenson https://www.jamesellenson.com/ (for those who like to look at the background/experience of counsel) and listed as the date of offense for all 3 charges is 03/02/15. The exact day AJ went missing.

It's weird to think it's been 5 years. I can only imagine for those who were closest to AJ and those who loved her the most, it feels like time stood still the day she disappeared. They've all grown up, graduated, got on as life tends to do whether you want it to or not, and yet Anjelica will forever be just 18. I know for those of you who were here then, and followed, researched, and put your lives on hold to be there for AJ, we all wish this trial would have happened years ago. Let's hope when it's all over, we finally see justice for AJ.

"Wesley Hadsell, the man accused of killing his adopted stepdaughter AJ Hadsell, was back in court Tuesday, but he didn’t get the outcome he was hoping for. A pre-trial hearing Monday reviewed the defense’s request to surrender evidence from a search warrant of a Norfolk hotel room. The judge had said the evidence was too important to the trial to make a decision last Thursday and set a date of a separate hearing to look at that matter. The judge ruled against Hadsell’s request to not allow the evidence from the hotel room." Judge denies Wesley Hadsell’s request to exclude hotel room evidence from murder trial

"The murder trial for the man accused of killing his teenage stepdaughter is a week and a half away. Wesley Hadsell faces a murder charge for the 2015 death of teenager AJ Hadsell. She went missing while home in Norfolk on spring break from Longwood University. Police found her body a month later behind an abandoned home in Southampton County. Hadsell spoke to 10 On Your Side from behind bars about the upcoming trial. He says he’s anxious for the trial to start, remaining adamant he is innocent."
Accused of killing stepdaughter, Wesley Hadsell speaks out ahead of murder trial

"The murder trial for the man accused of killing his teenage stepdaughter is a week and a half away. Wesley Hadsell faces a murder charge for the 2015 death of teenager AJ Hadsell. She went missing while home in Norfolk on spring break from Longwood University. Police found her body a month later behind an abandoned home in Southampton County. Hadsell spoke to 10 On Your Side from behind bars about the upcoming trial. He says he’s anxious for the trial to start, remaining adamant he is innocent."
Accused of killing stepdaughter, Wesley Hadsell speaks out ahead of murder trial
“I don’t know why I’m here. Honestly I don’t. I’ve never hurt my daughter,” said Hadsell. “I know that I’m innocent. I have done nothing wrong.”
Looks like he isn't going to even try to offer an explanation for all of the evidence. Perhaps he will claim he was "framed". I so hope he insists on taking the stand.

He is absolutely a piece of $&/). He will do whatever it takes to paint AJ as the problem. He even admits he is going to tarnish her memory to “take back his life”.
Yes, he's already planning to "expose" that she was suicidal.
On the planet that I'm from, it's highly improbable that people who take their own lives, generally do not bury themselves in shallow graves behind abandoned houses.
So it should be rather interesting to hear how him and his creepy defense attorney plan to spin that ghoulishly ridiculous idea to the jury.

Yes, he's already planning to "expose" that she was suicidal.
On the planet that I'm from, it's highly improbable that people who take their own lives, generally do not bury themselves in shallow graves behind abandoned houses.
So it should be rather interesting to hear how him and his creepy defense attorney plan to spin that ghoulishly ridiculous idea to the jury.
If he chooses to go down that path then he will have to testify IMO. If he does then the jury will have their work cut out trying to decipher Wesley's word salad speech. I wonder if his attorney will get him a coach? :D

@Ontario Mom thank you so much for keeping on top of AJ's case!

If he chooses to go down that path then he will have to testify IMO. If he does then the jury will have their work cut out trying to decipher Wesley's word salad speech. I wonder if his attorney will get him a coach? :D

@Ontario Mom thank you so much for keeping on top of AJ's case!
His trial starts on the 24th. I hope to see more following that, when the time comes.

What would be his reasoning to cover up a suicide and not only blame other people but set them up as murderers? Because he loved 'his daughter' so much? Yet his first defense is to throw her under the bus?

Is there anything that her doctor is going to enlighten us with after 5 years? The medical notes that he took were detailed and there is no mention of depression or suicide. Is it remotely possible that the doctor (who happens to be the governor now) will remember her mention of this, yet he failed to make note of it?

Where is the line drawn with how much BS a family has to go through at the hands of evil people and the courts? Is it justice to expose every detail, including the autopsy to the general public? If you are involved in the case your address and other personal information is open to the public, including the murderer. Family and friends are forced to rehash the entire traumatic series of events 5 years later. Hopefully remembering correctly.
When does justice begin to be flushed down the toilet?

Is it fair that some family will not get to watch the trial because they will be called as a witness, so if they want the testimony they have to buy the transcripts at 50 cents a page?

Should cameras be allowed? Court TV and local TV has applied. Is it worth the fiasco just to be able to have a video record of testimony?

It's been quite some time since I really went digging around on AJ's case, so today I did, and found this:

Hadsell's charges

Code Section: 18.2-32
Charge: FIRST DEGREE MURDER – class 2 felony

Code Section: 18.2-33
Charge: MURDER: NON CAPITAL FELONY – class 3 felony

Code Section: 18.2-323.02
Charge: CONCEAL DEAD BODY – class 6 felony

Virginia Judiciary Online Case Information System

The trial is supposed to start on 02/24 and expected to last 2 weeks. His attorney is James Ellenson https://www.jamesellenson.com/ (for those who like to look at the background/experience of counsel) and listed as the date of offense for all 3 charges is 03/02/15. The exact day AJ went missing.

It's weird to think it's been 5 years. I can only imagine for those who were closest to AJ and those who loved her the most, it feels like time stood still the day she disappeared. They've all grown up, graduated, got on as life tends to do whether you want it to or not, and yet Anjelica will forever be just 18. I know for those of you who were here then, and followed, researched, and put your lives on hold to be there for AJ, we all wish this trial would have happened years ago. Let's hope when it's all over, we finally see justice for AJ.

Is it normal to charge with two degrees of murder? Doesn't the jury usually decide on a lesser charge if the burden of people has not been met? Does it send a mixed message to the jury?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dil2288