WH Criminal Background

And then apparently, they head to Illinois where he is arrested and charged. So, he didn't stay in the Tidewater area too long.

And then apparently, they head to Illinois where he is arrested and charged. So, he didn't stay in the Tidewater area too long.

Can you help me find those background articles about his childhood friend who collapsed and passed away in his teacher's arms to post here? Hadsell mentions him as a cause for one of his suicide attempts.

( well that link did not work) Ohio dismissed the charges, without prejudice, related to the U.S Attorney's Office would be filing charges on the bank robbery.

http://www.delawarecountyclerk.org/pa.urd/pamw2000.docket_lst?30181541

Her father, Bob T, said that the reason those charges were dropped was because she would not testify during the trial. She did testify against him for the Grand Jury, and he was indicted. She testified that hew raped her, punched her and strangled her.

But before he was taken into custody he kidnapped her, for the second time apparently, and took her on a 2 week road trip.

So when I hear that those charges were dropped it makes me angry. He even says he never did any thing violent. But that is not true. He had a history of violence in that marriage, when he was 31, and she was 21. IMO, he is quite capable of committing another violent crime.

Her father, Bob T, said that the reason those charges were dropped was because she would not testify during the trial. She did testify against him for the Grand Jury, and he was indicted. She testified that hew raped her, punched her and strangled her.

But before he was taken into custody he kidnapped her, for the second time apparently, and took her on a 2 week road trip.

So when I hear that those charges were dropped it makes me angry. He even says he never did any thing violent. But that is not true. He had a history of violence in that marriage, when he was 31, and she was 21. IMO, he is quite capable of committing another violent crime.

It's a common word game. No matter if accused or even charged, if never convicted, people like that play the word game. It's so common, and so predictable.

Obviously someone he knew in the area. Someone he trusted to go to. Who do you think that might have been?

The address was just the 2400 block of Dillingham, Va Beach. I googled that address and lots of crime reports came up to that blovck from 2011-14.
A couple of years of domestic violence and then a 'death investigation' in 2014. Of course it is just that block, no idea if it is the same house or not.

http://hamptonroads.com/newsdata/crime/virginia-beach/detail/1823561

Simple assault= 12/29/13

Arrest=12/30/13 2400 block of Dillingham Rd , Va Beach

Death investigation =dec 09, 2014 2400 block of Dillingham Road , Va Beach

I read all of Bob T's comments early on and found the anger toward WH just rising. The fact that he could intimidate, beat, strangle, rape, & kidnap her, then get away with it made me Furious! It is definitely clear that he had people covering for and/or hiding him out while he was running from LE. How people can make excuses for such abominable behavior is beyond my comprehension.

I just realized I know the woman he ran away with when she was only 15 and their son knows my daughter.....crazy!

I read all of Bob T's comments early on and found the anger toward WH just rising. The fact that he could intimidate, beat, strangle, rape, & kidnap her, then get away with it made me Furious! It is definitely clear that he had people covering for and/or hiding him out while he was running from LE. How people can make excuses for such abominable behavior is beyond my comprehension.

It shouldn't because I've seen it so many times it's ridiculous, but it never ceases to amaze me how friends and family, knowing FULL WELL what the person is capable of, will lie their butts off to cover for the perp. Honestly I think it's a form of denial because really, who wants to come to terms with "my brother is a rapist" or "my daughter beat her children to death" ???

That's ONE hard truth to face, especially for family.

There were 2 separate cases and 2 different victims. The 1998 case was for the felonious restraint of a minor.

The 2005 case was for assault, rape and kidnapping of his estranged wife, as well as a bank robbery.

So, am I correct in thinking he eventually had a child, a son, with the minor he kidnapped in 1998?
Did he have any children with his wife of 2005? TIA

I'm also wondering if there was any physical violence in his marriage to JH. Can a leopard ever change his spots? If there was, maybe that's why they were separated.

There were 2 separate cases and 2 different victims. The 1998 case was for the felonious restraint of a minor.

The 2005 case was for assault, rape and kidnapping of his estranged wife, as well as a bank robbery.

So, am I correct in thinking he eventually had a child, a son, with the minor he kidnapped in 1998?
Did he have any children with his wife of 2005? TIA

I'm also wondering if there was any physical violence in his marriage to JH. Can a leopard ever change his spots? If there was, maybe that's why they were separated.

This is correct, they had a child together.
From what I've read, no, there are no children of the first marriage.

wow, Check out this old post from ws archives, about wes's prior kidnapping:

Virginia Beach police are asking for the public's help in located M L. Hadsell, a 21-year old woman officials believe was possibly abducted from Ohio, and who may now be in Hampton Roads.

Police believe M could be in the area with her estranged husband, 31-year old Wesley P. Hadsell.

Investigators say M and Wesley were in the 2400 block of Dillingham Drive, in the Foxfire subdivision of Virginia Beach, on the evening of August 31. Additionally, a telephone number originating from West Point, Virginia, was received back in Ohio on Sunday evening, September 4.
http://www.wavy.com/Global/story.asp...3&nav=23iieC0v

So Wes kidnapped his ex in Ohio and brought her back to the Hampton Roads area?

Obviously someone he knew in the area. Someone he trusted to go to. Who do you think that might have been?

I have a real good guess. ;)

Thank you, Katydid23, I had completely missed the West Point telephone number.

I notice there's (at least 1) SM "player" with a West Point connection ...

This is correct, they had a child together.
From what I've read, no, there are no children of the first marriage.
I remember seeing pictures of a boy with the family. He didn't look 17.
Gonna go look.

Anyone have any insight into when/if LE would have run WH's criminal background?

I mean, we know in general that LE starts with immediate circle and works outwards.

But with all the confusion (possible argument/went for walk, went to VCU, attention drawn to texty kid and/or other close persons of interest), I wonder when WH's background came into play. Would they have done it immediately, despite the distractions?

It's a common word game. No matter if accused or even charged, if never convicted, people like that play the word game. It's so common, and so predictable.

It REALLY annoys me.

I totally agree that just because someone has a criminal record, it does not mean they should automatically be a POI in a murder case. And, If someone has past DUI's or drug charges or burglaries, etc, it does not make them violent, necessarily.

So people in Wes's family/friend circle have tried to say that he is not violent because he was never convicted of anything violent. And normally I would agree. I do not like to count arrests as indications of guilt. [ although SOMETIMES where there is smoke there is fire...] But I know a young man very well, that was arrested for date rape when he was a freshman in college---ad he was totally innocent and charges were dropped. luckily. So I would hate it if he was considered violent because of just that arrest when she was proven to be and admitted that she lied. It does happen tha way sometimes.

But that does not seem to be the case at all with Wes's past charges. From everything that I have read, his ex DID testify under oath that he was violent and aggressive. So it bothers me when people say ' he wasn't violent--he just robbed a bank...' :no:

Anyone have any insight into when/if LE would have run WH's criminal background?

I mean, we know in general that LE starts with immediate circle and works outwards.

But with all the confusion (possible argument/went for walk, went to VCU, attention drawn to texty kid and/or other close persons of interest), I wonder when WH's background came into play. Would they have done it immediately, despite the distractions?

I think they were on to him from the jump. GAME OVER tatted on his eyelids would have been a big clue, imo.

It's kind of impossible to know for certain, but I would suggest once the initial report was filed every adult associated with the address was run. At which point, WH's name and background would have likely come up. That being said however, if JH's demeanor gave no cause for alarm (during the filing of the report) that also would have been likely noted in the notes of the report. Such as: "mother feels she's safe, possibly with friends, unsure at this time". Despite WH's criminal past, there may have not been any red flags right away.

moo.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back