What Can We Do To Get Princess Blue Buried?

This is my first post on websleuths but I wanted to offer a couple of observations.. the class ring is a sapphire which coincides with a birth month of September.. so we'll assume PB's mother was born in September 1956/57.. analysis suggests PB was primarily white with at least one AA parent or grandparent.. I'm thinking mom is white & dad is black? About the jewelry... the unicorn ring looks to be part of a 'slave bracelet' concept popular in the early 90s.. you can just make out the (broken) loop part at the top of the horse where the chain linked it to the bracelet.. I was nine in 89 & her jewelry reminds me of what I might have liked to wear.. my gut tells me she's a teenager, 14 to 16 yrs old, 17 at the oldest.. & the class ring has been sized twice right? Jostens is a main manufacturer of class rings & they offer a lifetime warranty.. has anyone thought to check the ring sales for spring 1974 (usually class rings are bought in junior year) for one that matches the description of PB's. It may not tell us who she is but maybe if we know who the ring belongs to??? Just some ideas I was playing around with.

Welcome to Websleuths, we have kept in mind that the original owner of the class ring may have been born in September 1956/57,
We bought a school yearbook that had all the names of the students, photos, etc,

We created a database
tracked down when/where they were born who they married/divorced, whether they had any siblings/children, their addresses.

We sent out snail mails to approximately 250 or so REL Class of 75 Alumni with details about Princess Blue, also asking if the had either lost/given away/pawned, etc., their class ring, got stamps, addressed envelopes, put star stickers that were the school colors on the envelopes and put "attention REL 1975 Class Alumni" on the envelopes and sent them off in batches.

We have no way of knowing which parent was African American or even if it was one of the parents was AA and not one of the grandparents.

When looking at yearbook photos it is important to look at the facial features of both the males and the females and look for those that resemble Princess Blues. We are fairly sure that Princess Blue was not a member of the Class of 75.

As far as her jewelry goes, as I look more closely at the unicorn or horse ring, IMO it is a horse, I previously thought it was a unicorn, at that time we didn't have a close-up of the ring. I, myself, don't see any sign of the ring being part of a "slave" bracelet, though I could be wrong.

I am a ring nut, I would wear the type of rings Princess Blue was wearing and I am <cough> <cough> close to 60.

I believe the rings were done at Balfours (I believe it was the school librarian that said they were made there) which is very close to the high school, they were contacted and they didn't have records that went back that far, I can't recall if Jolstens were contacted or not just in case.

I hope you continue to come up with good ideas, anyone could lead to finding out Princess Blue's identity.

Does anybody know how it was determined exactly what HS the ring belonged to?? If 75+ High Schools across the U.S were named for Robert E Lee?? X

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam
Back