What case really burns your butt?

me too-- I believe that if the prosecution had done things differently in
presenting this case to a jury they may have gotten a conviction--
Why did they go for the death penalty without a cause of death?

I think it was a mixture of things that led to her unfortunate, uncalled for acquittal.

The Dan Markel murder for hire. They caught and prosecuted the hit men, but a hung jury on the conduit, Katie Magbanua. The REAL killers are the ones who hired the thugs, the Wealthy family of the ex wife, Wendi Adelson. Wendi wanted custody of the boys and wanted to move them to south FL near the Adelson clan. As soon as Dan was dead, she moved the kids and CHANGED THEIR NAMES! She went as far as changing one of their middle names which honored Dan’s family. The Adelsons prevent the Canadian Markel family from visiting their grandchildren, resulting in a groundbreaking “grandparents rights” law being enacted in FL. MOO

I agree with this. The Adelson’s are involved somehow.

Of course, I will never get over the jury in the Casey Anthony trial.

Anything to do with Robert Durst.
This guy is an evil, evil monster!
IMO he’s enjoying revisiting all of his crimes.
Sickening, dangerous ..not even human…just put him away!

MOO

Honestly, when I see his ugly face I just change the channel. I have no interest in anything to do with his monstrous murders. After a jury acquitted him after he decapitated and killed a man, I just stopped paying attention to anything involving this freak. I still can't get over how a jury could have acquitted him but it did point out how stupid jurors can be.

This one, I'd known of the case for about four years, there was an artist impression of one of the victims speaking to a woman. I always thought that could be a man. The likeness now makes sense. Why the connections weren't made at the time because of 'proximity' and 'headlines' is beyond me. Maybe he was well known and trusted in the area.

Colorado man, 70, charged with murdering two women in 1982 was rescued just hours after killing them | Daily Mail Online

Yes! I can't figure out how they could not connect the very small amount of dots on this case!!!

The Dozier School for Boys, in Florida.
Occasionally throughout their century of horror, authorities would be made aware of what was happening.
However, it didn't truly end until the school closed in 2011.
They were still finding bodies just a couple years ago.
I think they're still trying to ID some of them.
We all experience and learn about events, situations, occurrences, etc that affect our worldview. This is one of mine.

EDIT:
Per Wikipedia:
Remains were still being found in 2019 and many were still unidentified.

Per WTSP from 2020:
"The lead forensic anthropologist, Dr. Erin Kimmerle, with the University of South Florida research team presented updates to the state on the ongoing search for lost graves at the rural property."

She said that searches at the site have ended. They may search again if there is credible information that more remains might be there.

Per "My Panhandle," from this year (2021) :
Attempts for restitution to the victims has stalled in the state legislature. Also, the buildings were/are being leveled. There are plans for a permanent memorial.

Last edited:
My apologies if this has been covered already, I am a newbie. I don't know, man, with so much basically murder *advertiser censored* on our screens from HBO to Discovery, some really excellent Ytube vloggers, and beyond, covering every murdering WTF dirtbag old and new often repeated in other guises from program to program, Fear Thy Neighbor, American Monster, Dateline, and keep going times one hundred, it's hard to keep up with as the Jewish faith so eloquently phrase one of extremely poor character such as these murderers: A " NEBBISH." Perfect, aint it? But every once in a while a case hoofs up that really gets under the skin that u can't get out of your head, for why, I don't know. I should, I am a former psychologist and I have covered that with colleagues in the past, to no avail, from newbie qualified to old dog, none of us had an answer, why? For me it was the two <modsnip> who killed Cassie Jo Stoddart - that haunts me and I don't know why? Casey Marie Anthony burns my wife's *advertiser censored*, mention that name and she freaks out - she'd scratch her eyes out given half a chance. So, the crux of the matter: we watch literally hundreds of murder documentaries (murder *advertiser censored*) and we are meh to 99.9% of them - just the right amount of self righteous indignation to make ourselves feel good, to justify our voyeurism into the real life macabre. So why does everybody have a special pet murder case that can't be shaken. Y'all know what I'm talking about - that one case that rankles and itches.

Catherine Blauvelts case- Her husband is still on the run almost 5 years later and we have nothing but her loss.

I don't focus on a single case, but injustice in general, so they come and go. But I heard a True Crime Brewery podcast today about how this psychopathic wannabe opera singer in New Zealand murdered his entire family - plot twist, he was the son, not the father -- and was convicted to life in prison with (cough, cough) no chance of parole until after sixteen years.

Of course, that poor criminal who laid in wait with a loaded gun to murder his mother, his father, and his siblings didn't get a fair trial. So the marshmallows in New Zealand exonerated him and set him free, because some popular ex-Rugby player (!) waged a public campaign in favor of his innocence.

This world is a joke, a vale of tears, and the wicked run amok.

Darlie Routier, ooh, I get mad just thinking about her. And alleged family annihilator William Bradford Bishop. The FBI NEVER caught him. I'm beginning to wonder if they'll ever catch that Laundrie guy who may have murdered Gabby Petito.

I am struggling to get a case I read about yesterday out of my head. Google Stephen Schap, Diane Schap and Gregory Glover and you’ll understand why.

I just googled the case- sorry I did - OMG-- who does that???? unreal

Betsy Faria's story! I can't believe that evil Pam Hupp got away with the murder in the first place! I knew it was her long before any of the other evilness about her came out. Especially because Betsy had signed her life insurance over to her not long before she died. I can't believe the way the cops allowed her to bamboozle them so bad that they wouldn't even consider her a suspect. And Russ had a solid alibi, yet somehow, the prosecution wanted us to believe his friends would lie for him so he could kill his wife! I honestly don't know how they found him guilty in the first place.
Yup, I knew it was her all along. If those investigators would have done their job right the other people Pam killed might still be around. Whats even crazier is the fact that she became emboldened because she got away with Betsy's murder. And set up Betsy's husband to take the fall! Then goes out and gets herself in deep by killing that poor man from the trailer park causing the whole mess to unravel around her. This story has finally worked itself out and the truth has been told, but it sure was frustrating to watch as the story unfolded, knowing that Pam should have been in prison from the start!

Betsy Faria's story! I can't believe that evil Pam Hupp got away with the murder in the first place! I knew it was her long before any of the other evilness about her came out. Especially because Betsy had signed her life insurance over to her not long before she died. I can't believe the way the cops allowed her to bamboozle them so bad that they wouldn't even consider her a suspect. And Russ had a solid alibi, yet somehow, the prosecution wanted us to believe his friends would lie for him so he could kill his wife! I honestly don't know how they found him guilty in the first place.
Yup, I knew it was her all along. If those investigators would have done their job right the other people Pam killed might still be around. Whats even crazier is the fact that she became emboldened because she got away with Betsy's murder. And set up Betsy's husband to take the fall! Then goes out and gets herself in deep by killing that poor man from the trailer park causing the whole mess to unravel around her. This story has finally worked itself out and the truth has been told, but it sure was frustrating to watch as the story unfolded, knowing that Pam should have been in prison from the start!

Pam Hupp is the embodiment of evil- After watching so many true crime stories I have to say I come away being monumentally disappointing in so many of the detectives involved in these cases. Not every detective is Joe Kenda or some others who are brilliant, compassionate and open minded: many detectives rush to judgement: it's the spouse, or the boyfriend and they get tunnel vision: they ruin lives. I understand looking at those close to a victim, but not to the exclusion of all others. Some of them are like a dog with a bone. I just saw a story on ID- Brittany Eldrige was murdered and they tried her boyfriend twice- two mistrials. His DNA was not at the scene: there was some circumstantial evidence, but IMO not enough to take him to trial. He is a womanizer and a jerk, but geez, the prosecution should be ashamed of itself for wasting taxpayers' money on trials like this. Then there are detectives that get taken for a ride by someone like Pam Hupp and you just shake your head and wonder why!!!!

The case that bothered me most was the father that kept his daughter in the basement for years and the wife supposedly didn't know. It was on Amazon Prime. It took place in Europe. She ended up having kids by her father. When a person exhibits odd behavior that you're married to and you do nothing I have a problem with that. Apparently the wife was too weak to stand up for herself and kids. Gets under my skin.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smartowl
Back