What did we learn today 6-28-2011

What did we learn today 6-28-2011 - Multiple Choice

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
That CM can ask the same 3 questions over and over and over again for 4 hours!

Yep, trying to get him to contradict himself. Didn't work, because he was telling the truth. That's a problem when you're hoping for that kind of thing.

OT - I've seen your avatar posted on several tabloids like the enquirer before. Do you have the original picture? I always thought it was altered to make her look like that, she didn't really take a picture making that face, did she? TIA.

I took it from google images - after seeing that look on her face a few days ago, I don't doubt that she was making that face!

She reminds me of someone....who is it.....

259976_10150302286236210_731211209_9601458_5647041_n.jpg

I think CM was just desperate to get RK to misspeak about anything. RK seemed very well prepared for the testimony. I think that helped a lot for the prosecution. It had to have been so hard to be so polite after being accused of hiding Caylee for months.

First I learned that if I make a poll with write-in capability that somebody will ruin it for everyone and the thread will be completely deleted. So please keep criticisms to posts and not posters.

Second, all polls in this series will not have write in capability. You can in a post suggest one because the mods can remove posts.

So let's have fun and seriousness together like the other polls were so these don't get deleted anymore.

One thing I don't understand is that the prosecution says they found the skull surrounded by leaf litter on either side but RK says he lifted the skull with his meter stick thingy and then set it down. Since we can't see pictures of the skull as it was found I find this perplexing.

This might explain it somewhat though;

http://www.cnn.com/2011/CRIME/06/28/florida.casey.anthony.trial/index.html?iref=NS1

...Roy Kronk said he couldn't at first comprehend what he was looking at. He said he put his "meter reader stick," a piece of metal about 5 inches long, into the right eye socket and "gently pivoted" it upward to make sure, then put it back.

"It was a horrific thing for me to find," he testified, adding later that "it really unnerved me."...

It sounds like he didn't move it much.

I'm not sure who's side his testimony helped today. He seemed a bit hinky to me today but it might just have been nerves. He testified that he couldn't recall asking about the reward money once the cops determined it was a human body he'd found. I think I'd remember if I was expecting $250,000 or not.

I'm not suggesting he had anything to do with moving the body from one place to another but he didn't seem completely honest to me in his testimony. JMO

The $250,000 was for a 'live' Caylee.

Thanks to the DT, I learned that the meter readers thought the body had to be in that area because CASEY said the baby was CLOSE!

Good Job DT! Scored another one for the PT!

I learned that if I do my civic duty and report something suspicious, I will be barked at by police officers and then accused of conspiracy and obstruction of investigation. Then somewhere along the line I'll end up in court and my broken-down car will be mentioned. Oh! And I'll have to talk a lot about peeing in woods.

I learned today that screaming at my tv was a moot point! :floorlaugh: Screaming "give it up Foghorn Leghorn" was getting me nowhere!

I also learned that Jean Casarez is also known as "Jinkasaurus"! :floorlaugh: I read this in another thread and literally spit Diet Coke everywhere!

I also learned that I need to laugh out loud to give myself a break during this trial from time to time.

BTW, I voted EMU!!!!!

[/B]

BBM

I know what you mean -- I decided that I think he had a lot of mixed feelings about how people might perceive his having touched the remains, issues with the family feeling he violated them, and the terrible sorts of nonsense the DT has tried to stir up about him. I think he was reluctant to admit to anything involving contact with the body, and it seemed reasonable to me under the circumstances. He seemed genuinely apologetic for potentially offending anyone, and let's face it, CM could not break him because he was telling the truth.

:cow:

BBM:

How could the Anthony's ever have an issue with the remains being violated? They didn't give a plug nickel about Caylee's remains being in the woods for almost 6 months then in a funeral home waiting for cremation!!! :maddening:

Sleuth5 I am not aiming my frustration at you. I am aiming my frustration & anger towards the Anthony's and how they have disregarded any aspect of integrity where Caylee is concerned. :banghead:

I do agree that RK was apologetic for having "touched" the remains. At least he had respect for the remains that were Caylee. :(

I think GA was a little to adamant about his relationship with KH/RC. When he said she had a checkered past, or something like that, it seemed like he was trying to discredit her himself which seemed like "Thou dost protest too much" to me.

Thanks to the DT, I learned that the meter readers thought the body had to be in that area because CASEY said the baby was CLOSE!

Good Job DT! Scored another one for the PT!

Oh yes! That was huge in my eyes and a big bonus for the PT! :skip:

What I learned today is that while the A's claim they are UNITED, Lee basically impeached his mother. The more I sit & think... I don't think that was his intention. I may be thinking too much (geez, at this point aren't we all???), but I believe Lee's hostility towards his parents about not being involved in ICA's pregnancy, and his hostility towards his parents looking for a deceased Caylee--- is an act. I just voted on a poll that LA was telling the truth, but since my mind changes every two seconds- I've also been considering another theory. ATM I truly believe that CA & LA had this planned all along. CA will take the fall/purger herself/flat out lie for Casey, with the possibility of being impeached - or at least make the jurors believe she's 'unreliable'. By doing this, Lee can keep *his promise* to his sister, and CA can be the mom that will lay down for ICA. CA is 'appearing' to take the fall for ICA [knowing her testimony may become discredited]. None of this family wants her to get the DP- understandably. But this is a sneaky way of CA & LA to prove to ICA that they will do whatever it takes to save her. Even if it takes LA deliberately trying to go against CA's testimony. "This family is united"- LA...I hope I'm making sense- if not- maybe I can explain it better tomorrow when I haven't spent the evening drinking a few lol. :blushing:
I agree, I think CA & LA's conflicting statements were planned to make the jury more fully aware of the extent of the dysfunction within this family. I believe questioning GA about his relationship with the woman who resembles Zanny the Nanny was part of this rue as well. I'm thinking the DT's line of thinking is that this type of behavior is the cause of KC's behavior for not murdering her daughter but taking the blame and sitting in jail for these past 3 years. This, I believe is to elicit pity, yes, poor, poor KC. Pity, that's the meat and potatoes of psythopathic behavior. Identify your mark, get them in the cross hairs, and bring out the pitiful poor me stories, making the mark vulnerable to your manipulative ploys. Psychopathology at it's finest.

I think GA was a little to adamant about his relationship with KH/RC. When he said she had a checkered past, or something like that, it seemed like he was trying to discredit her himself which seemed like "Thou dost protest too much" to me.

I understand where you're coming from, because when JB asked him if he ever mentioned the 'accident snowballing out of control' statement- it took him a good minute to answer (and that made him look suspect). Im not so sure he wanted to come across as believable. Both GA & RC have denied an intimate affair, but I believe that GA may have had an 'affair of the heart' with RC. I wish he would have just came out and stated this. I , personally think RC lied about the *accident*, either for attention or out of anger- who knows. I don't believe a word she says. On that note, the fact that GA took soooo long to answer the snowball effect question- further validates that he felt horrible for ICA that he just couldn't find it in his heart to lie for her.

The incessant badgering of Roy Kronk on the witness stand by CM today nearly drove me insane! An emu would know better when to stop questioning a witness than the DT!

Who's life could withstand being viewed under a microscope by less than honest attorneys, LE and the media and now the world?! Was he 100% truthful, I don't think so but the times he fudged don't make one bit of difference in the case. I don't care if he wanted the money and it seems reasonable that he might have even bragged that he was going to become famous. He didn't hold the information ransom in order to get the reward! Wouldn't most of us call family or friends and tell them we might be on t.v.? It's not a sin. He couldn't win, CM was badgering him about not telling his co-workers and then the next minute badgering him about talking to his son or room mate about what he found. Does it really matter if he smokes or relieves himself in the woods? What mattered to me was how he expressed that he wished he hadn't of moved Caylee's skull even the tinest bit. Do you know, I'm not sure I've heard one person say that they were really wrought up or unnerved about what they saw. He seemed to be the first "lay" witness that expressed that and it resonated with me. And it mattered that he answered the questions directly just like YM does. Yuri has nothing to hide and even when the DT has asked him questions regarding the investigation that might not have been followed through 100% properly, Yuri doesn't make excuses he just says "that's correct". The best way to unnerve a defense attorney is to agree with them!

Do I think for one minute that he took the body and kept it and returned it to the woods? Absolutely not! He made it very clear he didn't know any of the Anthony's at all. There may be things he fudged on but I think it was because it's a little embarrassing to admit to throngs of people that you needed the money, I mean good grief, who would turn down 250K?

Okay, apparently I needed to get that off my chest. Sorry for the rant. Carry on :)
I agree, Kronk is the first to really express any emotional reaction to Caylay's remains. Interesting.................

The $250,000 was for a 'live' Caylee.

I know but RK didn't read the fine print.

BBM:

How could the Anthony's ever have an issue with the remains being violated? They didn't give a plug nickel about Caylee's remains being in the woods for almost 6 months then in a funeral home waiting for cremation!!! :maddening:

Sleuth5 I am not aiming my frustration at you. I am aiming my frustration & anger towards the Anthony's and how they have disregarded any aspect of integrity where Caylee is concerned. :banghead:

I do agree that RK was apologetic for having "touched" the remains. At least he had respect for the remains that were Caylee. :(

BBM

It's just another tactic, IMO, that sociopaths use to pull the attention away from themselves.

I think RK did well on the stand considering this happened 3 years ago and memories change after time. The dt needed to make him seem like someone that would take a dead body, duct tape the mouth shut (why, I still can't fathom) and move it somewhere. Regardless of how truthful his testimony may have seemed or not seemed to people, the dt did not succeed in painting him as someone who would do such a thing. Plus, knowing juries, my guess is they were wondering why CM didn't flat out ask him if he moved the body to collect the reward or otherwise. Nah, by now the jury realizes that he would have had to have moved the skull, re-buried it under mud, and found and moved all the bones (except for the one the coyote got).....

I have to say CM doesn't impress me much.

CM did a very poor job for the df.

What I am looking forward to is when Cindy's employers testify for the prosecution.

Cindy must have not known about computer forensics.

She could be charged with perjury.

Yep, trying to get him to contradict himself. Didn't work, because he was telling the truth. That's a problem when you're hoping for that kind of thing.

:clap::clap::clap::clap:

I became more and more impressed with RK ... Well done! CM tried his level best to wear him down and trip him up but you cannot trip up the truth.

I became less and less impressed with GA ... Lose the attitude you are playing into the Defense trap. Try some truth and admit you are human after all.

The CA and LA testimony was to de-emphasize that CA is just a Defense stooge ... It was so rehearsed. Lala land.

I learned that JB is a nastier person than he had already shown himself to be. That his court room antics and disrespect for the court should not be tolerated. That JB thinks that he owns and runs the court and he thinks that he can dictate how he wants things to run. I have never seen an attorney who is so disrespectful to the courts in my entire life. He's intolerable.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truecrime-hazeleyes
Back