What do you think is going to happen now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Forget the Ramsey's....my bad for bringing it up in the wrong forum. Apologies....just wanted a reference.

However, I think the Portuguese authorities are NO LONGER looking for Madeleine since they believe her parents killed her. Surely that is a given?

I don't believe that they've absolutely ruled anything out, nor should they until her body is found. Wouldn't you think so? My question is why the parents have ruled out her being found alive? Most parents would stay until they have an answer, but the McCanns seem to know the answer and would be just as happy to get back to the life they had before.

I don't believe that they've absolutely ruled anything out, nor should they until her body is found. Wouldn't you think so? My question is why the parents have ruled out her being found alive? Most parents would stay until they have an answer, but the McCanns seem to know the answer and would be just as happy to get back to the life they had before.

I would hope they would continue to search for her, absolutely.

The parents have never given any indication that they have given up that she is alive. They have expressed several times that they hope their status as 'arguidos' would not take the focus from finding Madeleine. If Madeleine is alive, I would bet the farm she is no longer in Portugal, so I see nothing sinister about them leaving. For all we know, they went home to re-group and plan their next course of action.

They did. They hired an attorney who specialized in helping them avoid extradition to Portugal.

I'm clueless about extradition...could they, the parents, use this 'avoid extradition' and legally not be allowed to be taken back to Port. and face charges, even if LE can prove there they did it, or no way...they can and will make them go back for trial?

I'm clueless about extradition...could they, the parents, use this 'avoid extradition' and legally not be allowed to be taken back to Port. and face charges, even if LE can prove there they did it, or no way...they can and will make them go back for trial?

They can try. It doesn't usually work unless the country that is asking for the extradition is going to ask for the death penalty. Usually all that it does is buy them some time.

I get that reaction from Gerry's blog:

"It is very comforting to have such familiar surroundings and our own belongings and the twins have settled straight back in as if they have never been away."

Family friends (named in the news articles) were quoted as saying Kate returned, went to Maddie's room and wept.

However, Gerry doesn't mention this. He says they have "mixed feelings" but the specific examples he quotes aren't about the agony of being home without Maddie, the concrete things he cites are good parts of being back, "comforting" and "as if they had never been away."

We emphasize the things that are important to us, and it's obvious to me what is important to Gerry McCann now.

...Secondly, I don't see how staying in a beautiful resort in Portugal is "sacrificing" two children. These children are two-years old. At that age, if they're with mom and dad, they're happy.

Lastly, I think you're going to have a hard time getting anyone to believe that the authorities in Portugal are not interesting in finding a missing three-year old girl. On the contrary, they seem to be more interested in her well being than her own parents WHO LEFT HER ALONE TO FEND FOR HERSELF NIGHT AFTER NIGHT.
I totally agree. Why don't the parents insist on taking lie detector tests to prove their innocence and get the Portuguese police and the world to refocus on finding their beloved daughter? I would think that as parents they would do anything necessary to move this investigation forward.

"As if they had never been away" is a description of how the twins are doing.

ANY comfort is probably VERY important to him in his "Unending nightmare" as he described it. I am surprised that no one hung him out to dry for saying that. Kate probably gets some tiny comfort from the stuffed cat. IT is perfectly fine for innocent people going thru a similar nightmare to get comfort from things.

Ask them if they feel 'comfortable' and I'll bet they'll tell you "He!! no!"

I don't think it's just the McCanns. I think someone else is involved, and my money is on Russell O'Brien.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
genepool48