What Got/Keeps You Involved in Caylee's Case?

Finally coming out of lurker-ville to post after 2 years reading here, so I hope I do it right! :)

I'm another one who got hooked on the case because I related to KC initially, or thought I did. Her age is very close to mine, and reading her texts, Myspace and Facebook postings, and seeing her out having fun with friends struck a sort of eerie familiar chord. A few of my friends have babies right around Caylee's age, and I even held one friend's hand through multiple doctor visits while she concealed her pregnancy from her family for the first few months, just like KC did.

Combine all that with seeing the rest of the family...seeing the anger and grief all over the grandparents' faces in numerous media appearances, and then seeing them scramble to defend their daughter in the ensuing months while everything "snowballs"...I felt like if this could happen to them, it could happen to anybody. Looking at the pictures and video of beautiful Caylee, it's hard to fathom that a cloud would ever cross the sky over such a sweet little life. As time has gone on and the case has developed, I want to see justice done for her more and more every day.

I think back to what CA said at Caylee's memorial about how amazing it was that Caylee had brought thousands of strangers into one church to pray, and how she believed that Caylee's purpose was to teach us about having hope. Regardless of our differing backgrounds, lifestyles, beliefs or opinions, the smile of one innocent child has brought us together in one way or another. If this case has given us a moment's pause to appreciate our families, our freedom, our sanity, or caused us to hug our loved ones just a tiny bit closer, then I think Caylee has received at least a tiny portion of the honor her memory deserves. I can't think of a better reason to continue to come here than that. :)
What a beautiful post, SapphireSky! Welcome!!

I just keep hoping that something concrete will come out...personally, to date I see nothing "conclusive" that will convict KC. yes, a LOT of circumstancial evidence, but literally NO "smoking gun"... I think all you have to do is listen to the first interview taken at KC's "place of employment" to determine her guilt, but...

So, I keep tabs hoping something will emerge that will convince a jury, cause at this point? I think she may walk...

LOL Just Jayla re the I really was hot****! I also have a similar story - but I was 17 just going on 18 when I had my daughter. Much pressure re you are ruining your life dropping out of university, what do you know, blah blah. There is nothing in this world I would trade for the experience of sharing my daughter's childhood and "growing up" with her and the love I received from her in return can only be measured in heaven - it is so huge. So many beautiful memories of all those special events and just plain everydays.
And yes, it was tough slogging, and yes, sometimes I worked two jobs to manage - a small price to pay for the joy.

Ah yes, you know exactly where I am coming from-We don't have to know KC personally to be very disappointed in her, aside from being angry. It's as if she gets to lay claim to some sort of hardship, as if she is the only one in the world that had to deal with these issues...and believe me, her defense team will act like she was ever so burdened by CA and life's pressures at sentencing.
It's a little frightening, certainly, to know that women lucidly and intentionally kill their children when they can't handle it anymore (of course we all understand that there are Andrea Yates in this world)-Somehow, KC makes me feel like I dodged the psycho bullet....My stressed out melt downs actually indicate that I was normal, at least in comparison to this murderous freakshow.

im never dissapointed in people i dont know.

sometimes im pleasently surprised by people i dont know.

casey certianly isnt one of them.

I saw the perp on TV after Caylee went missing. Got intrigued by the obviously psychopathic side (to me). Kept going because of the sociopathic "familia" angle. For me it's the fascination with family and individual psychology. And a desire for major, honking justice for a most tender, vulnerable and most helpless baby, of which there are many.

Finally coming out of lurker-ville to post after 2 years reading here, so I hope I do it right! :)

I'm another one who got hooked on the case because I related to KC initially, or thought I did. Her age is very close to mine, and reading her texts, Myspace and Facebook postings, and seeing her out having fun with friends struck a sort of eerie familiar chord. A few of my friends have babies right around Caylee's age, and I even held one friend's hand through multiple doctor visits while she concealed her pregnancy from her family for the first few months, just like KC did.

Combine all that with seeing the rest of the family...seeing the anger and grief all over the grandparents' faces in numerous media appearances, and then seeing them scramble to defend their daughter in the ensuing months while everything "snowballs"...I felt like if this could happen to them, it could happen to anybody. Looking at the pictures and video of beautiful Caylee, it's hard to fathom that a cloud would ever cross the sky over such a sweet little life. As time has gone on and the case has developed, I want to see justice done for her more and more every day.

I think back to what CA said at Caylee's memorial about how amazing it was that Caylee had brought thousands of strangers into one church to pray, and how she believed that Caylee's purpose was to teach us about having hope. Regardless of our differing backgrounds, lifestyles, beliefs or opinions, the smile of one innocent child has brought us together in one way or another. If this case has given us a moment's pause to appreciate our families, our freedom, our sanity, or caused us to hug our loved ones just a tiny bit closer, then I think Caylee has received at least a tiny portion of the honor her memory deserves. I can't think of a better reason to continue to come here than that. :)

I agree with RR0004 what a beautiful post and :balloons: Welcome!!!

im never dissapointed in people i dont know.

sometimes im pleasently surprised by people i dont know.

casey certianly isnt one of them.

Yes, maybe I expect too much of people, a little dose of cynicism might help :)

The reason I follow this case ......hmmmmm

Caylee, she captivated all of us with those beautiful eyes

She reminds us of how precious life is

Her mother( if you want to call her that) shocked me and all that are here that someone with the facade of having an All American middle class upbringing could do this. Hits pretty close to home for many I'm sure.

It made me reflect and question how can this happen?

It's made me angry, cry, research, scream at the television, the gamet of emotions.

But that beautiful little Caylee, with the world of wonder and glee in her eyes......that's why I'm here....

The Angel that now has wings

her beautiful little face and eyes .. so innocent so pure ..such a little sweet angel baby she made me appreciate kika even more than when i had her . when i got frustrated or grumpy at kika id think of caylee and be so grateful for my kika i couldnt stay grumpy .. i was not prepared to start over again ,my son was 17 when i got pregnant and i thought ugh, not again lol another 18 years . .. but kiera is SUCH a blessing . and i couldnt fathom ever hurting her .. i love her too deeply my life before my kiera is blurry to me now .. only the moments with my son where id rock him to sleep or when he put frogs in a pringle can and asked me if i wanted a chip and they all jumped out at me .. god he had to have had at least 20 lil frogs in there yuck .. rofl .. special times parents have with thier kids should never be forgotten .. and i couldnt understand how someone could just throw that lil beautiful caylee away like trash ..i still hurt so badly over that :( our own tricia has even heard kikas voice :) even when she was screaming at a toy at the time rofl

The main reason I am hanging around is I am waiting for either the Plea Bargain or the Profession of Guilt by the Inmate....and acceptance thereof by her parents. The lying and denial of the obvious is what has kept me intrigued. Don't know why. Never have seen anything like it in my whole life.

It was her face that got me.

I saw it and it was like I was looking at an actual angel. I was shocked that someone would want to hurt such a beautiful child. In fact, it made me want to find out who did murder this child - and in my gut I knew she was murdered when she was still considered missing.

Then I saw Casey's face. My God, what a contrast. No beauty there. No soul. Just an emptiness, a deep blackness in her eyes that told me that she did this. I kept looking back and forth at Caylee's face, and Casey's face. I couldn't understand how that angel even came from Casey. I couldn't understand how Casey could just throw that beautiful, miracle of life away like she didn't matter at all.

I was also working at a job from hell at the time, so following the case on the original MyFoxOrlando blog gave me some sanity in a sense. But I couldn't find out much information through that blog, at least not enough for my taste. I think someone on there linked Websleuths one day, and then here I have been since.

I've also been the victim of at least two sociopaths (or at least two people with sociopathic tendencies. They were never diagnosed to my knowledge). I've been so hurt and offended that they manipulated, used, and discarded me when I no longer had any value to them, and on top of that, they got away with everything they did unscathed. I was the only one who paid the price at their hands. One even broke the window of my car and stole my purse. She stupidly tried to use my driver's license to cash a check. If it weren't for a bad camera angle, I'd been able to prove it and get some measure of justice against her. But alas, she was somehow just out of camera range.

So when I saw this sociopath, this uncaring, umotivated, unproductive, spoiled rotten, bullying, selfish princess getting arrested and charged with her own baby's murder, oh yeah I was interested. I can't wait to hear her judged guilty. At least I'll know that sociopaths don't get away with everything forever. It's helping me get past what's happened in my own life.

Then there was the circus surrounding this case. My husband makes so much fun of me for being obsessed, but the defense circus never quits! Just when I think something crazy or chaotic can't possibly happen, it does. I swear, if the defense and the A's would go totally silent, I'd get bored with this case! This has been the most unbelievable case I've ever followed, and I've watch and researched a lot of cases over the years.

And lastly, Caylee reminds me of me, in a way. She even kind of looks like me as a kid. I guess I feel a kinship to her. I feel like I have to stay to see justice served for her, like a big sister sort of thing even though I've never met her. I hate to see any child get hurt, and I hate feeling helpless to do anything. I guess that's why I'm so passionate about this case, and at times so darn cynical and angry about it.

But I know I'll always remember that beautiful face. My favorite pic is the one where Caylee is leaning on her hand. Oh the person she could have become, the life she could have had. All taken away by a person who ironically, had no life and never was going make a life for herself.

Caylee, you are gone, but I know I will never forget you. If only you had been born to someone that loved you...

It was her face that got me.

I saw it and it was like I was looking at an actual angel. I was shocked that someone would want to hurt such a beautiful child. In fact, it made me want to find out who did murder this child - and in my gut I knew she was murdered when she was still considered missing.

Then I saw Casey's face. My God, what a contrast. No beauty there. No soul. Just an emptiness, a deep blackness in her eyes that told me that she did this. I kept looking back and forth at Caylee's face, and Casey's face. I couldn't understand how that angel even came from Casey. I couldn't understand how Casey could just throw that beautiful, miracle of life away like she didn't matter at all.

I was also working at a job from hell at the time, so following the case on the original MyFoxOrlando blog gave me some sanity in a sense. But I couldn't find out much information through that blog, at least not enough for my taste. I think someone on there linked Websleuths one day, and then here I have been since.

I've also been the victim of at least two sociopaths (or at least two people with sociopathic tendencies. They were never diagnosed to my knowledge). I've been so hurt and offended that they manipulated, used, and discarded me when I no longer had any value to them, and on top of that, they got away with everything they did unscathed. I was the only one who paid the price at their hands. One even broke the window of my car and stole my purse. She stupidly tried to use my driver's license to cash a check. If it weren't for a bad camera angle, I'd been able to prove it and get some measure of justice against her. But alas, she was somehow just out of camera range.

So when I saw this sociopath, this uncaring, umotivated, unproductive, spoiled rotten, bullying, selfish princess getting arrested and charged with her own baby's murder, oh yeah I was interested. I can't wait to hear her judged guilty. At least I'll know that sociopaths don't get away with everything forever. It's helping me get past what's happened in my own life.

Then there was the circus surrounding this case. My husband makes so much fun of me for being obsessed, but the defense circus never quits! Just when I think something crazy or chaotic can't possibly happen, it does. I swear, if the defense and the A's would go totally silent, I'd get bored with this case! This has been the most unbelievable case I've ever followed, and I've watch and researched a lot of cases over the years.

And lastly, Caylee reminds me of me, in a way. She even kind of looks like me as a kid. I guess I feel a kinship to her. I feel like I have to stay to see justice served for her, like a big sister sort of thing even though I've never met her. I hate to see any child get hurt, and I hate feeling helpless to do anything. I guess that's why I'm so passionate about this case, and at times so darn cynical and angry about it.

But I know I'll always remember that beautiful face. My favorite pic is the one where Caylee is leaning on her hand. Oh the person she could have become, the life she could have had. All taken away by a person who ironically, had no life and never was going make a life for herself.

Caylee, you are gone, but I know I will never forget you. If only you had been born to someone that loved you...

BBN-Me, too...and as time went along, I started to think of Caylee as favoring CA so much more than she did KC. I can definately talk lots of trash about CA (that would get me banned! :angel:), but I will admit that there is a softer femininity to CA sometimes, and it just seems like Caylee got the best of that.

you guys are great.

you got me teary eyed over here, seriously.

there's another thing that draws me to the case, a bit of morbid curiosity.

about a year after this story broke, another story that has touched me in ways i never thought imaginable broke in california.......the reappearence of jaycee dugard after being kidnapped for 18 years. here is a girl (now a young woman) who was forced to bear her rapists children and yet, from all reports she is a loving, caring, over protective mom.

how is it jaycee can endure all that and come out like that, and casey has all the right things growing up and yet is a monster? the quick answer, is she is a sociopath. but what if she isnt? her entire family seems to be a freak show, and in jaycees real family, the one she was taken from, isnt. is it that simple?

or is casey just a twisted monster cause thats who she chose to be? and jaycee isnt cause thats who SHE Chose to be.

i had only one semester of pyschology but i am intrested in finding out if possible, the answers.

BBN-Me, too...and as time went along, I started to think of Caylee as favoring CA so much more than she did KC. I can definately talk lots of trash about CA (that would get me banned! :angel:), but I will admit that there is a softer femininity to CA sometimes, and it just seems like Caylee got the best of that.

cindy's softer side only appears when she's on her bi-polar meds.

This case hits home all too hard for me. In 2006 a sweet angel just one month shy of her 2nd birthday was robbed of her life. Her case is still a cold case. I on the other hand did my own investigating and also used what many people consider unconventional methods to come to MY conclusion about what actually happened.
Her name is Irie and like Caylee her mother was young, unmarried and wanting nothing more than her freedom from being a mother. Like Casey, the young mother had a string of boyfriends and liked to party. Right before she died all the signs of abuse were starting to show. In December when at only a year and a half old, Irie mysteriously had a fractured femur and had to wear a cast for 6 weeks. After about four weeks the cast fell off but of course her mother was too busy partying that she never took her in to have another one put on. The week before she died all Irie ever did was sleep and throw up. The poor child could not hold anything down.Which makes me believe that like Caylee she was being drugged.
Another similarity is she right after her daughter died, not weeks after but immediately after just two days as a matter of fact, continued partying and smiling ALOT!!!!! She and her then boyfriend of just a couple of months said that Irie had drowned at the beach in ankle deep water. I was not buying that story at all. The medical examiner ruled her death a homicide. There was no water in her lungs. She died of internal bleeding which was caused by blunt force trauma to her abdomen.
That summer (2months later) Irie's mother took a vacation to Hawaii and became pregnant with her second child. (All while her daughters death is still unsolved) Two years later she had another child yet again from yet another boyfriend.
Caylee's case just has so many similarities to Irie's that that's what keeps me so intrigued. I guess I'm hoping to see if there will really be justice for Caylee, maybe from what I learn by following this case I can help bring justice for Irie.

This case hits home all too hard for me. In 2006 a sweet angel just one month shy of her 2nd birthday was robbed of her life. Her case is still a cold case. I on the other hand did my own investigating and also used what many people consider unconventional methods to come to MY conclusion about what actually happened.
Her name is Irie and like Caylee her mother was young, unmarried and wanting nothing more than her freedom from being a mother. Like Casey, the young mother had a string of boyfriends and liked to party. Right before she died all the signs of abuse were starting to show. In December when at only a year and a half old, Irie mysteriously had a fractured femur and had to wear a cast for 6 weeks. After about four weeks the cast fell off but of course her mother was too busy partying that she never took her in to have another one put on. The week before she died all Irie ever did was sleep and throw up. The poor child could not hold anything down.Which makes me believe that like Caylee she was being drugged.
Another similarity is she right after her daughter died, not weeks after but immediately after just two days as a matter of fact, continued partying and smiling ALOT!!!!! She and her then boyfriend of just a couple of months said that Irie had drowned at the beach in ankle deep water. I was not buying that story at all. The medical examiner ruled her death a homicide. There was no water in her lungs. She died of internal bleeding which was caused by blunt force trauma to her abdomen.
That summer (2months later) Irie's mother took a vacation to Hawaii and became pregnant with her second child. (All while her daughters death is still unsolved) Two years later she had another child yet again from yet another boyfriend.
Caylee's case just has so many similarities to Irie's that that's what keeps me so intrigued. I guess I'm hoping to see if there will really be justice for Caylee, maybe from what I learn by following this case I can help bring justice for Irie.

do the cops need a slide rule to figure that out jess? sure seems open and shut......and you have a coroner rulling homocide.

do the cops need a slide rule to figure that out jess? sure seems open and shut......and you have a coroner rulling homocide.
Like Casey, LE here claim that a persons lifestyle and the way an individual deals with a situation is not proof of them being a murderer. The detectives know that her medical history shows she had been abused for at least the last six months of her life but they need proof as to who was actually abusing her. They have the mother accusing the previous boyfriend and he accusing her. It's a matter of he said she said and because they messed up at the start by arresting the boyfriend and charging him with homicide before any of the reports of abuse came out they now need to get all their ducks in a row. The then boyfriend was only in jail for about a week and a half .

well i know a case wheree they've twice convicted a woman for murdering a man no one has even proved she ever met.....so i find it hard to swallow they cant get a conviction on a mother who has primary custody of her daughter.

That's why I'm here, I need to find out how to bring justice to victims without a voice.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
utahtruecrimepod
Back