What happened to Brandon Lawson?

Discussion in 'The Poll Forum! Public Welcome To Participate' started by Coldpizza, Apr 23, 2014.

?

What happened to Brandon Lawson?

1. BL Alive and in hiding.

13 vote(s)
    5.2%
  2. BL Succumbed to the desert elements.

35 vote(s)
    14.1%
  3. BL Dead at the hands of strangers.

121 vote(s)
    48.6%
  4. BL Overdose/or alcohol poisoning.

10 vote(s)
    4.0%
  5. BL Dead at the hands of someone he knew.

48 vote(s)
    19.3%
  6. Not sure

22 vote(s)
    8.8%
  1. Criminal Justice mom

Criminal Justice mom Well-Known Member

After hearing the latest interview with his brother where he says he knows for a fact BL was high on meth that night and he was under a bridge during the phone call my opinion on things has changed. What I once thought was gun shots I now think was a car driving over the bridge. After hearing BL tell his brother to RUN from the cop that was pulling up to his truck, along with some other suspicious activity by LE it makes me question a LE actually being involved in his disapearance.

amoreau25 likes this.
  2. Stella

Stella Active Member

Has anyone else listened to this? If it's true, and I have no reason to believe it's not, it explains a lot we didn't understand before. Not everything, but a lot. Drowned in the Colorado River near the bridge?

Stella8 likes this.
  3. nannymo

nannymo Well-Known Member

I did not listen, but as someone who has driven over that river many times, there is seldom enough water to drown in the river. I know people can drown in a few inches of water, but I think if he had drowned they would have found his body. It isn't deep enough to hide a body and not a lot of current unless there has been flooding. IIRC we were in a drought at this time when BL went missing.

neesaki and alexwood like this.
  4. Stella

Stella Active Member

I don't understand, you've driven over A bridge or THE bridge, the one in Bronte? The Colorado River is 862 miles long in Texas alone and I'm going by photos that show people using watercraft on it; it looks huge and deep, more like what I'd call a lake. Do you know what it looked like in Bronte at the time Brandon went missing?

5. nannymo

I have driven over THAT bridge many times. It is seldom deep. If Brandon had drowned in the river his body would have been found.

alexwood likes this.
  6. FredtheNettles

FredtheNettles New Member

I personally think he was on meth and died by misadventure. In one video.. pretty sure it would've been a Danelle Hallan video as she's great, makes in-depth well researched videos and often gets fairly exclusive information with direct contact with the family in some cases, so probably a Danelle Hallan..

so, in this video the person (probably Danelle) had been in touch with Brandon's brother, recently out of prison, apparently Brandon was an occasional meth user. Brandon's brother said he actually went to try and help Brandon, saw Brandon sort of hiding behind his vehicle while he was on the phone to him, and Brandon said to hide, that there were police. And Brandon's brother was there, looking at Brandon.. and there were no cops I think? Something like that. He said he never saw any vehicle that seemed to be chasing Brandon, and I think the brother told Brandon he was there and Brandon said, on the phone "where are you? I can't see you?".. I believe it was at this point that the brother said Brandon said to hide, and ran into the woods I think.. so he seemed reight paranoid, was an occasional meth user and there might've been something in the video about Brandon having acted strangely on meth benders before. Should be an easy enough video to find just Danelle Hallan on Brandon Lawson.

alexwood likes this.
  7. TristanP

TristanP Well-Known Member

What I recall is that when his brother arrived, Brandon told him over the phone that he could see him, but his brother never saw Brandon, so it was assumed he was in the field (possibly hiding) at that point.

8. nannymo

Tristan...you and I recall the same. Kyle never actually saw Brandon.

9. FredtheNettles

FredtheNettles New Member

Ohhhhh okay, that makes sense. I've watched and read so much about so many cases I get some things mixed up.

nannymo, TristanP and alexwood like this.
  10. alexwood

alexwood Well-Known Member

Here's the video:

[I don't know if it's me, but the music in the background is very distracting! I also changed the settings to playback speed to 0.75 -- she speaks very fast!]

ETA: I just listened to the entire podcast and there was no mention made of meth. I do believe that issue was raised in the True Crime Garage episode (see above post). If Brandon was under the influence of meth, I can see where he could have become very confused, paranoid, got lost in the woods and succumbed to dehydration, or bled to death due to his injury. Despite the intensive searches that were done, maybe they missed finding his body. (IMO)

There is also the possibility of Brandon being involved in a motor vehicle accident with someone. That individual could have become violent with him, mortally injured him, and dumped him elsewhere. If he was still alive when he was dumped, he didn't survive due to blood loss and dehydration. (Just another theory that has been suggested before.)

Last edited: Jul 8, 2019
    leep likes this.
  11. Criminal Justice mom

Criminal Justice mom Well-Known Member

The semi-recent interview with his brother Kyle talks about him using meth and how he knew he had been using when he disappeared.

FredtheNettles and alexwood like this.
  12. TristanP

TristanP Well-Known Member

It’s ok, I thought it was possible his brother had said something new that I had missed. I know he finally confirmed that Brandon was at least looking for meth, and knowing that he probably had gotten some explains a lot. I think it was an accidental death because he was paranoid/delusional due to the drug use, and he thought people were after him so he ran into that field and ended up deceased somehow. He may have gone a long ways from that area...people have incredible energy when they use meth so for all we know he could have walked 5-10 miles away.

It really sucks. He seemed like a good guy who just couldn’t get that addiction monkey off his back. That monkey is a strong one that holds on tight, and plays tricks making you think it let go and then it comes back to play again.

Hopefully, someday he will be found so his family can have a little peace.

leep, FredtheNettles and alexwood like this.