Votes: 46 10.4%
  • Someone they didn't know who killed them at home

Votes: 2 0.5%
  • I have another opinion

Votes: 25 5.7%
  • I don't know

Votes: 36 8.1%

• Total voters
Who leaves eggs out on the kitchen counter, unless they expect to be back very soon? Maybe Summer was going to make omelets or some other dish that required eggs and found out she was missing another crucial ingredient. Might this have just started out as a quick family trip to the grocery store to pick up the needed item(s) and they got waylaid at a stop light or in a parking lot? Was the TV left on at home? That would be another indication that they only planned to be away for a very short time.

You know; people leave eggs out who really know about eggs. We grow chicks and sometimes we leave eggs "out" and I have always seen this as a red herring a misnomer and a dead end. It means nothing. Did you see their suitcases in the closet? They were actually living out of suitcases in that home. There was much weirdness going on.

The FBI needs to get in there are interrogate Joey's brother. Esp over the fact that he came to the house, and then left and then waited even longer before raising the "alarm".....his story has not held water with me, and it never will. I would like to see a real interrogation of him much like FL did with Cindy. Too bad they didnt interrogate Cindy on the actual death ...then we may have gotten somewhere. There are always mistakes that killers make. Some go by the theory of 32 mistakes. In hindsight after time passes it's the best time to look back and realize HEY cindy had an answer for everything and pushed hard for a missing child...I think she was the guilty party and hv for a long time. CA can't speak out; she will slip up and possibly point towards her mother.
In this case I feel that MM already spoke up and said some things that would have led me to interrogate him until he broke. Now; that's just how I do things.
Sometimes fresh eyes are needed, and the first question you all should be asking is this:
Why did MM think they were buried in the ground and why did he insist that LE start looking for their bodies buried in the ground somewhere? That's what we need to be asking.

The FBI needs to get in there are interrogate Joey's brother. Esp over the fact that he came to the house, and then left and then waited even longer before raising the "alarm".....his story has not held water with me, and it never will. I would like to see a real interrogation of him much like FL did with Cindy. Too bad they didnt interrogate Cindy on the actual death ...then we may have gotten somewhere. There are always mistakes that killers make. Some go by the theory of 32 mistakes. In hindsight after time passes it's the best time to look back and realize HEY cindy had an answer for everything and pushed hard for a missing child...I think she was the guilty party and hv for a long time. CA can't speak out; she will slip up and possibly point towards her mother.
In this case I feel that MM already spoke up and said some things that would have led me to interrogate him until he broke. Now; that's just how I do things.
Sometimes fresh eyes are needed, and the first question you all should be asking is this:
Why did MM think they were buried in the ground and why did he insist that LE start looking for their bodies buried in the ground somewhere? That's what we need to be asking.

absolutely right Cherry! I always felt exactly the same too.

"Something fishy going on in Denmark":twocents:

here, here Cherry and LeoMoon... I'm right there with ya, have been since early on too.

I'm new on the site, but I have read LOTS on this case. I, too, think a lot is suspect about the brother. One of the MAJOR red flags to me is that he took his wife and children with him the first time that he supposedly entered the home after it was determined that they were missing. Why would you not go immediately, once notified, that your brother may or may not be missing? Why would you take your wife and CHILDREN to a possible crime scene? Unless you know that those people are not in the home and that your children won't be scarred for life by something they may see. He let them come in the home!!!

I have also always thought that the McStay children were used to force Joey and Summer to leave without making any noise or a fuss. I think someone they know came over, was let in and then used the children...possibly holding them at gunpoint to make Joey and Summer leave and act like nothing was going on.

I know this is not the place to hash out a theory. Could someone please point me towards the right thread? I have seen the money trail thread which I definitely want to follow, but if there is another that is a general forum for discussion, please help me to find it.

Thanks!!:please:

I'm new on the site, but I have read LOTS on this case. I, too, think a lot is suspect about the brother. One of the MAJOR red flags to me is that he took his wife and children with him the first time that he supposedly entered the home after it was determined that they were missing. Why would you not go immediately, once notified, that your brother may or may not be missing? Why would you take your wife and CHILDREN to a possible crime scene? Unless you know that those people are not in the home and that your children won't be scarred for life by something they may see. He let them come in the home!!!

I have also always thought that the McStay children were used to force Joey and Summer to leave without making any noise or a fuss. I think someone they know came over, was let in and then used the children...possibly holding them at gunpoint to make Joey and Summer leave and act like nothing was going on.

I know this is not the place to hash out a theory. Could someone please point me towards the right thread? I have seen the money trail thread which I definitely want to follow, but if there is another that is a general forum for discussion, please help me to find it.

bbm: Batman's Mommy - While logged in as a member, I believe you should be able to access the McStay family subforum at this link:

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=507"]Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

When you get there, scroll on down and you should see links to lots of topical threads relating to the case, theories, etc.

I have also always thought that the McStay children were used to force Joey and Summer to leave without making any noise or a fuss. I think someone they know came over, was let in and then used the children...possibly holding them at gunpoint to make Joey and Summer leave and act like nothing was going on

Its in the Parking Lot, which is a members only area:)

To the mods:

Is this thread the proper place to re-post my McStay Family timeline? This will be the same timeline as previously posted on Websleuths. I find that my timelines draw-in and educate new sleuths about cases.

To the mods:

Is this thread the proper place to re-post my McStay Family timeline? This will be the same timeline as previously posted on Websleuths. I find that my timelines draw-in and educate new sleuths about cases.

I'm not a mod, Mr. Noatak, but I think you would need to go to the McStay threads in The Parking Lot to post your information.

To the mods:

Always appreciate the work you do on timelines - <modsnip>

I've followed this case years ago, and now returning to it since it is one the most baffling cases I've run across.
What could the motive be?
Their vehicle by the border, why? A ruse or the last place it was used before someone(s) went into MX.

Did anyone see this interesting video of someone investigating the McStay graves and timinig how long it takes to get to the main highway.
It takes less than 3 minutes!

Creepy. Too bad they didn't have a flat tire when they did the gruesome crime, they might have been caught then.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aAoCmiZ4pM4

They went out to investigate the hardened and worn tire tracks.

Who would have killed a family of four including the small children is beyond me. What's the motive? Why children? There seems to be no real motive. Wish to know more but I understand LE needs to keep some information from public for the ongoing investigation. I hope they solve it soon...

One thing which stood out from LE public response was when detective Watts said, according to CNN, that the case will only be solved if someone talks. They should have kept their cards close to the chest. Seeking help from public is one thing but saying something like this is not helping the case in my opinion.

One thing which stood out from LE public response was when detective Watts said, according to CNN, that the case will only be solved if someone talks. They should have kept their cards close to the chest. Seeking help from public is one thing but saying something like this is not helping the case in my opinion.

I believe Watts is a PI. I don't believe he is LE. If you have seen the videos of the walk through of the home, I believe he is behind the camera.

I believe Watts is a PI. I don't believe he is LE. If you have seen the videos of the walk through of the home, I believe he is behind the camera.
Steph Watts is not a PI. He is a freelance tv producer and journalist.

I put I have another opinion because I don't think they were at home. I think they'd left home for some reason (expecting to return) and the murderer took advantage of this.

ETA...

But, I think it was premeditated.

Also, this explains why the children as well... the children happened to be with the parents when the killer acted. The killer might have sneaked into their house to do some staging, but IDK about that.

Possibly, if the murderer could have gotten the parents separate from the children, the boys would have been spared. But, maybe not. The murder of a whole family is just a horrible thing and hard to contemplate, but there are cases when it happens. There is never an understandable reason for it.

I think they were forced out of the home by someone they knew and killed away from the home. If they rushed out because they knew they were in danger. I think they would have grabbed the dog and taken it with them. I know I would never rush out of my home for any reason and leave my dogs behind. Maybe the cats but never the dogs.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back