What is Misty hiding, IF anything?

What is Misty Hiding?

• Total voters
It might be interesting to see if things have changed.

I could never make up my mind to be able to vote in this poll but now I've come to the definite conclusion that the rider "if anything" is a bit superfluous.

With Ron gone for the evening and her phone turned off, I don't believe Misty needed to go outside the home to party; she had to put HaLeigh to bed for school the next day so it makes sense that under these conditions Misty would choose to party at home. Unless gmma inspected the home from top to bottom when she came by during the evening, someone could have already been in the home visting Misty who is guilty of running to men for sex when Ron is out of the picture. I believe Misty desperately wants a child and goes from man to man in order to quench the bitter and jealous emotions she harbors towards mothers with young children who presently overshadow her existance. Misty states the children were outside eating on the porch when gmma arrived in the evening, so unless gmma inspected the home entirely, someone could have been going on inside the house without her knowledge.

I keep trying to come up with theories but with this bunch anything could have happened. I normally trust my gut which was Misty wasnt at home. However, Misty could have been passed out? The brick, the lies, Ron marrying her? Is it back woods or is it a cover up? I think Misty knows the culprit but is scared of Ron. She isnt admitting who was all in the house or who she may have been running with that night? This case baffles me?

Plain and simple:

I believe Misty & others are covering up for their drug usage/sales.

With Ron gone for the evening and her phone turned off, I don't believe Misty needed to go outside the home to party; she had to put HaLeigh to bed for school the next day so it makes sense that under these conditions Misty would choose to party at home. Unless gmma inspected the home from top to bottom when she came by during the evening, someone could have already been in the home visting Misty who is guilty of running to men for sex when Ron is out of the picture. I believe Misty desperately wants a child and goes from man to man in order to quench the bitter and jealous emotions she harbors towards mothers with young children who presently overshadow her existance. Misty states the children were outside eating on the porch when gmma arrived in the evening, so unless gmma inspected the home entirely, someone could have been going on inside the house without her knowledge.

I so agree except that I believe at that particular time Misty was obsessed with Ron, maybe marrying him, and being his kids' mom. Misty even showed someone else's positive pregnancy test. She just seemed to take over, at least that's what her and TN's statements on TV seemed to show.

It just seems to me that Misty waited for Ronald's return
to get PERMISSION to call LE.

What gets me is

A. Why havent they subpoena all phone records from all parties mentioned in this case?
who is pinging? where?send them this way. We will have this thing solved.

B: Misty had her phone off, brother came over and Ron knows brother went to trailer, Misty not there? and so what happen next? did he call ron and tell him that?

C: Ron didnt go straight home after finding out from tommy misty wasnt home? he even stopped to buy cigarettes and a beer?

D: He then marries this young girl? blow to his ego after finiding out she was with WB greg. That strikes me as odd for someone like him to just let slip by.

E: The van !was the driver seat pulled up like a woman had been driving or far back someone with longer legs?
F: Did they search computers? crystals cell phone? White boy Greg? Nay NAy? all Croslins? TN????? what is LE sitting on? or covering up??
is the whole poloce force buyers from him

The phone is a strange thing. Since TN owns the phones and has the records of all the calls, I don't know what happened with those records. Did TN stall in giving them to LE. Did they have to subpeoana them from her and the phone Co. Were there other phones involved other than the phones TN owned? Did she tell RC to not make calls. Why would Misty shut her phone off? Teens just don't shut off their phones when mad......they call everyone and complain about their Boyfriends...

I get the impression there was a problem with these records and the tracing of calls. The tracing has to be done in a certain period of time from what I understand.

JMO I think others are a factor, I do not believe Misty did anything to HaLeigh

The phone is a strange thing. Since TN owns the phones and has the records of all the calls, I don't know what happened with those records. Did TN stall in giving them to LE. Did they have to subpeoana them from her and the phone Co. Were there other phones involved other than the phones TN owned? Did she tell RC to not make calls. Why would Misty shut her phone off? Teens just don't shut off their phones when mad......they call everyone and complain about their Boyfriends...

I get the impression there was a problem with these records and the tracing of calls. The tracing has to be done in a certain period of time from what I understand.

Who says LE has not suppeoned or examined any and all phone records of interest? I am certain it was one of the first things they did. But remember no arrests have been made, so thereis no obligation under FL Sunshine laws, for any such information to be released. And typically the phone companies will never ever publicly discuss any legal issues or supeonas. Whenever we find out about an actual subpeona to a telco, we find out through LE the prosecutor or a defense statement. Also if TN is in fact the signatory on the phone accounts, then she could easily and quickly permit LE to look at all records with 1 release signature. No court filings or subpeonas would have been required.

I don't think the problem they had was with tracing of calls. This isn't like the old days when they had to literally "trace" how the call moved through the various switches and wires to figure out the end points. The modern records are minimal data and will be stored almost indefinately. Especially if cell phones are involved.

Rather I think the phone record issue was the "ping traces". This is where LE and the telco can track the physical location of the cell phone over time by triangulating what cell towers it "pings" off of. The problem is this works very well in denser more suburban areas, where there is a high density of towers. I have heard of the telco's being able to track a cell phone to within a few square feet, and accurately measure the speed of a car on an interstate from the cell phone pings. (yes there are currently LE/local government schemes brewing to mail you a ticket of they catch your cell phone moving too fast.) But I digress, In the area around Satsume where the MH is, the cell towers are spread far apart. As a result they cannot get tight precise results on the tracking. A phone in RC's home appears the same as a phone in the families house on the next block. There is a large area of movement that will appear within a single ping location.

IF Haleigh is dead (not yet certain by any means) then: If Haleigh's home was a death crime scene I think L.E. would have processed it as a death crime scene already & it is likely newscasts would have leaked that little exciting bit of news. Since that has not happened I wonder if the child and Misty went to somewhere else so Misty could meet a man. (The tracking of cell phone positions might support this.) If "something bad" happened at that other place it could explain the missing crimescene.

Boyfriends/lovers, in many cases, are known for losing tempers with children with tragic results and often the girlfriend allowed the thing to happen and thus is charged as well. Such a scenario could well give Misty cause to try to keep the truth from ever coming to light.

I know, it is an awful lot of "ifs" but we don't really have much info to go on at this point so I am just seeing how the pieces might fit. There might also be other better explanations. This is just one possibility.

For some reason, I don't get the impression that LE is very fond of TN. We may have to wait to see what the reason is. IMO, I suspect she has not been up front with them regarding this case.

Misty may have bonded with TN at first. The tides are changing. Misty most likely has info on how this family operates and is just figuring out she is doomed.

LE needs to get to the bottom of all the players in this case and pound away on all their alibis. Everyone, not just Misty. I have always wanted to know where and what Chad, I believe last name is Griffis, as we have two Chads in this case. What was his alibi for the night Haleigh went missing? I haven't been able to locate this information here in the forum, causing me to feel it's hidden, LOL though I'm sure someone knows something here. Is he related to Crystal, being the same last name as Crystals Mother Marie Griffis, or just a coincidence?

LE needs to get to the bottom of all the players in this case and pound away on all their alibis. Everyone, not just Misty. I have always wanted to know where and what Chad, I believe last name is Griffis, as we have two Chads in this case. What was his alibi for the night Haleigh went missing? I haven't been able to locate this information here in the forum, causing me to feel it's hidden, LOL though I'm sure someone knows something here. Is he related to Crystal, being the same last name as Crystals Mother Marie Griffis, or just a coincidence?

Kool, I think you know who Chad is. There is a thread for him.

Chad G., fiancé of Crystal S. - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Kool, I think you know who Chad is. There is a thread for him.

Chad G., fiancé of Crystal S. - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Baxter, Erroneously you have commented on what I know thus think making this post an erroneous assumption on your behalf concerning me personally.

docwho3, agree with your theory concerning any crime scene so far in the case. In my understanding, LE kept the home taped off for 2 weeks, then released it. All the cases we've followed here, if it was a murderous crime scene upon LE's arrival, normally the public is made aware then and there or soon after. I don't believe Haleigh was harmed in the home. She was taken from the home alive, thus making the home the first crime scene, but I'm thinking we have another crime scene.

JMO I think others are a factor, I do not believe Misty did anything to HaLeigh

ITA, LE has put her through many interiews and still her story is the same, just the minor details changed. She is only seventeen and I think by now she would have cracked. JMO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back