What is the "Ninth Judicial Circuit Courtroom Decorum Policy"?

What will Cindy do now?

No gum chewing is permitted.

Cindy will continue to chew away. These silly rules can't possibly apply to her. She's an Anthony, doncha know! :banghead:

New Casey Anthony judge Belvin Perry sets tone for lawyers
Judge Belvin Perry set an April 30 date for a status hearing, and he serves notice in his order that he expects an orderly, professional case.

True to his reputation as a no-nonsense jurist, Orange-Osceola Chief Circuit Judge Belvin Perry wasted little time laying out his expectations for attorneys on both sides of the Casey Anthony murder case.

Perry signed an order today calling for an April 30 status hearing on the capital case, and it spelled out what Perry has in mind for the direction of the nearly two-year-old case.
http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news...-anthony-handwriting-20100422,0,7036515.story

Baez and company will be in for a rude awakening. This is the Cheif Justice, he will not allow any shenannigans in his courtroom..I admire Judge Strickland but he was very lax attitude in his courtroom, which Baez disrespected much. I never saw Baez ask if he could approach the bench. Baez and company need to take a quick course in courtroom etiquette if they want to survive sans embarassement...LOL..I love the irony, Karma coming into play here. No more fun and games for Inmate Anthony or her disrespectful family. No doubt they love the break the rules/law and we will see CA chomping on her cud for she feels she's above the law..I cant' wait for this status hearing to see all their faces as Judge Perry Jr. sets his rules down...:dance:

I was thinking about this whole thing the last few days...lenient judge vs "hard nose" etc...

It is like parenting...it is just a different strategy.

Honorable Judge Strickland gave a lot of rope. I think in hopes that by not pressing issues the issue could be Caylee. Unfortunately that is not what played out because the players are, well, self-focused. I don't think it was wrong of him to run the court room like he did. I think we have all had teachers that were lax the first week and either had a great year because the students still took responsibility or a horrid year because the teacher couldn't regain control.

The Honorable Judge Perry reminds me of those tough as nails teachers that you either loved or hated. That first day left you quaking in your boots. For some students they did much better with this structure but some student were such basket cases because they were always afraid of doing something wrong and couldn't move for fear of wrath. (those are the students that teachers like JS love)

I think a good judge or teacher looks at his courtroom/school room and make the decision as to whether you will come down hard at the beginning and run the risk of losing some good people or be a little loose and run the risk of a disaster.

I don't think either strategy is wrong. And looking at the insecurity of the A's I might have chosen the looser path as well hoping to draw them out, gain their trust. But now...hindsight shows us...they really needed more structure, tighter reigns.

Anyway, just some thoughts. I am so looking forward to the first few hearings as the law gets laid down. :croc: :innocent:

I thought the same thing regarding Judge Perry!! Sure hasn't taken him long to get caught up!! Very smart man!!

I wonder too if while standing at the lectern if "someone" will drop all of their junk on the floor again while having to hand documents to the clerk.

I think that same someone is going to stocking up on Pepto Bismol for the next two years...I can't wait for this hearing!

I thought the same thing regarding Judge Perry!! Sure hasn't taken him long to get caught up!! Very smart man!!

I wonder too if while standing at the lectern if "someone" will drop all of their junk on the floor again while having to hand documents to the clerk.

I think that will fall under one of the rules which states to come prepared to court. If you plan on presenting documents, set them aside. Judge will not put up with fumbling through notebooks. LOL

I was thinking about this whole thing the last few days...lenient judge vs "hard nose" etc...

It is like parenting...it is just a different strategy.

Honorable Judge Strickland gave a lot of rope. I think in hopes that by not pressing issues the issue could be Caylee. Unfortunately that is not what played out because the players are, well, self-focused. I don't think it was wrong of him to run the court room like he did. I think we have all had teachers that were lax the first week and either had a great year because the students still took responsibility or a horrid year because the teacher couldn't regain control.

The Honorable Judge Perry reminds me of those tough as nails teachers that you either loved or hated. That first day left you quaking in your boots. For some students they did much better with this structure but some student were such basket cases because they were always afraid of doing something wrong and couldn't move for fear of wrath. (those are the students that teachers like JS love)

I think a good judge or teacher looks at his courtroom/school room and make the decision as to whether you will come down hard at the beginning and run the risk of losing some good people or be a little loose and run the risk of a disaster.

I don't think either strategy is wrong. And looking at the insecurity of the A's I might have chosen the looser path as well hoping to draw them out, gain their trust. But now...hindsight shows us...they really needed more structure, tighter reigns.

Anyway, just some thoughts. I am so looking forward to the first few hearings as the law gets laid down. :croc: :innocent:

Really excellent post Mamabear1963!

I am beyond shocked after reading the comments by juror13 @ the link you provided. All I can say is....OMG!!! Icannot believe that JB would stoop that far/low! :eek:

I felt they were too close for comfort to me..I guess if this little comment is true and the board finds out, we can all say bye-bye Baez...now the licorice sharing makes sense, doesn't it?

What else could have Inmate Anthony done all those hours at Baez' office. I wondered if they were playing footsie..I hope he's not foolish enough to ruin his marriage for an accused killer...JMHO

Justice for Caylee

In his order, Perry asked attorneys from both sides to come to next week's hearing prepared to:

•Discuss discovery and scheduling deadlines.

•Discuss future motion deadlines.

•Discuss motions that are still pending.

•And discuss pre-trial and trial dates.

The order reflects Perry's reputation for efficiency. He also asked attorneys to provide him a list of motions that will require evidentiary hearings and those based on pleadings and to give courtesy copies to the court of future motions.
http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news...-anthony-handwriting-20100422,0,7036515.story

The above is all Baez will be allowed to address.

We will not be hearing how his client is innocent w/o proof, he will not be able to go off on his tangents and get off topic..I can't wait for the boom to lower. I truly feel Baez is too smug for his own good and will have a rude awakening. Judge Perry will move this case along, it will come to light by May 2011...JMHO

I am glad that Judge Perry is actually letting the different 'players' know what he expects in his courtroom.

Cindy has sat in court shaking her head when she disagreed with something that was being stated. George gets up and leaves the courtroom when he hears something he doesn't like, then someone else follows him out. Casey whispers "Make him stop" to one of her lawyers when the SA is accusing her of murder. Now none of this behavior is going to be tolerated. That is not even mentioning the gum chewing, or Casey grabbing the pen away from Baez. Baez is going to have to talk to 'his girl' (he called her that) and tell her that the constant poking her finger in her eyes and straightening her hair and clothes needs to stop.

I posted a long time ago that the way Casey, Cindy, and George are going to have to listen to many, many negative things being stated about them and I was worried about how they would behave in court at the trial. I even stated that I thought Cindy would be the first to be held in contempt of court. No more acting as she and George did at the civil depositions.

Well, now all are forewarned as to Judge Perry's courtroom decorum and what he expects. I appreciate it. This is about justice for Caylee and it should be dignified. Judge Perry has insured it will be, IMO.

JMO.

I just love love that the new Judge is African American. Maybe it will teach CA and KC a nice little lesson. mo

The "new sheriff" is in town and it sure looks like it's going to be HIS way or the highway in that courtroom! Following up on the previous posts, it appears that Judge Perry has experienced or is a believer in the philosophy of "management by objectives" where the folks involved in the experience WHATEVER it may be KNOW what the rules are BEFORE they partake in the event and CHOOSE to abide by them of suffer the consequences!
(I know a unique concept/experience for those who are 2nd generation George Anthony descendants or marital partners of said).
The Baez "whine & geeze-whiz party" will fail miserably under this structural environment, heck every Esquire of merit I've ever experienced has exhibited at least a fundamental understanding of the "scientific" approach of building & trying a criminal case (think Legos, A. C. Gilbert Erector set and for we older folks, Lincoln Logs.....oh, for heaven sake, WOODEN BLOCKS even!). I hope Jose hasn't tossed away his basic law books (circa last century, even!), as exhibited by his previous ventures in "composition" he'll need to brush up and while he's at it, perhaps hone those public speaking skills perhaps glancing at a dictionary et al.?

I cannot find this comment,can someone tell me what it says in a nutshell?

It's all the way at the bottom of the article under Comments: basically it accuses JB of inappropriate behavior while KC was out on bond. Spending all day in the law offices and JB office in particular by a former employee. No proof, just a statement.

Avoid disparaging personal remarks or acrimony toward opposing counsel and remain wholly detached from any ill feeling between the litigants or witnesses.

Both sides will have trouble with this one.

I felt they were too close for comfort to me..I guess if this little comment is true and the board finds out, we can all say bye-bye Baez...now the licorice sharing makes sense, doesn't it?

What else could have Inmate Anthony done all those hours at Baez' office. I wondered if they were playing footsie..I hope he's not foolish enough to ruin his marriage for an accused killer...JMHO

Justice for Caylee

I believe I did read somewhere in the decorum policy that Twizzler rope twists will, in fact, NOT be acceptable forms of licorce but Nibs instead. :dance:

I am glad that Judge Perry is actually letting the different 'players' know what he expects in his courtroom.

Cindy has sat in court shaking her head when she disagreed with something that was being stated. George gets up and leaves the courtroom when he hears something he doesn't like, then someone else follows him out. Casey whispers "Make him stop" to one of her lawyers when the SA is accusing her of murder. Now none of this behavior is going to be tolerated. That is not even mentioning the gum chewing, or Casey grabbing the pen away from Baez. Baez is going to have to talk to 'his girl' (he called her that) and tell her that the constant poking her finger in her eyes and straightening her hair and clothes needs to stop.

I posted a long time ago that the way Casey, Cindy, and George are going to have to listen to many, many negative things being stated about them and I was worried about how they would behave in court at the trial. I even stated that I thought Cindy would be the first to be held in contempt of court. No more acting as she and George did at the civil depositions.

Well, now all are forewarned as to Judge Perry's courtroom decorum and what he expects. I appreciate it. This is about justice for Caylee and it should be dignified. Judge Perry has insured it will be, IMO.

JMO.

No more eye rolling, smirking and snarling, and no more butterfly kisses and imaginary "prayers" up to God either.

I'm looking forward to seeing how hard it is going to be for ALL of them to contain themselves.
It may be funnier than what we've seen so far.

They better keep their blood pressure patches and nitro handy.

I'm also gld that Judge Belvin has sent this notice out to all, and it is setting the stage right up front.

They won't be able to dance down the Yellow Brick Road any longer.

JMO.

Yes, but think about it for a minute! Is Brad Conway really going to be able to convince them that better behavior is required? I say that glancing over my shoulder at the past Gonzales depositions.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back