What Lies Beneath the Casey/Robyn Letters

Status
Not open for further replies.
I completely agree with Elementary with the very good analysis of the letters. Casey's sucking her in with sympathy and flattery. I believe Casey knows the letters will get out to the public so she's manipulating it all back to herself with hopes to gain sympathy of a future jury pool while getting back at her family and even Jesse for some reason. The bit about Jesse and his Dad was kind of telling IMO. It's almost seems that she blames the Dad for not wanting them to live together before marriage and Jesse for not standing up to him. Maybe she feels that if they had, none of this would have happened. Just someone to blame probably.

IMO because once she can not use a person or their family, her own family any longer they are the bad guys not her she is a victim of them all in KC twisted mind.They are not needed any more if she could make them all go poof with a magic wand she would.

If Mr. Hornsby is correct, and he probably is, she is just setting the stage for that reduced sentence. She has had so much trauma. She was abused by all the men in her life, sexually. She was controlled by her mother. She was called a *advertiser censored* when she revealed the abuse. She is just a poor little innocent Christian soul caught in a web not of her own making...Life with possibility of parole please.

Actually, if you follow his link, it infers that this is all about Robyn and her sentencing. Maybe, maybe not. It's only one facet, IMO.

I do see mitigation rearing its ugly head, as you have so astutely pointed out. Such a hapless victim. She may be dumb, but she is not lacking in cunning.

If she was abused by her own dad and brother(which I do not believe)why would she let her daughter share the bed with her and a sex partner? Would she be able to trust any man with her own daughter?

If she was abused by her own dad and brother(which I do not believe)why would she let her daughter share the bed with her and a sex partner? Would she be able to trust any man with her own daughter?

Good, good, good catch. You are soooooooo right!!!!

I'm still working on the letters. Man what a mess.

IMO, Mr. Hornsby is saying that ROBYN is setting the stage for a reduced sentence. The link supports that theory.

Maybe it's just because I am thinking that too.

I think the actions of both Convicts are setting the stage for their own needs. They are both self- centred & using the system for their own advantage. Note Robyn states that she did not keep the letters to gain a reduced sentence????? & I am a toad.!!! Casey has had it suggested to her that if she can declare mitigating circumstances ,that will gain her loads of sympathy at sentencing time. I'm sure Baez told her this & didn't care that she 's throwing her whole family under the bus! No body really cares about Caylee's horrible death & disposal. Just look out for ourselves!!! Bozo will be famous for pulling this off!! Casey ,sorry you will be doing time....but it's better than the DP & sugar daddy made a lot of money ,eh wot? when you get out we'll......

While the content of the letters is fodder for many posts, I don't understand why we are not seeing outrage that no video monitoring detected the contact between these two inmates, no one seems outraged and demanding accountability AND that the guard involved is on PAID leave.

What happened to clearing the room OR THE SHOWERS when she was in the area...

Whatever happened to what inmates do to others that harm children? Wasn't anyone afraid of letting another inmate in her cell with a pair of scissors to "cut her hair?"
Rules aren't always closely followed in jail, that's common..it happens. It's publicized in this case. And because of that, KC could have possibly dug her own hole and buried herself.

My first impression was that, IMO, the letters that were seemingly written in the beginning, before Caylee was found, sound the most normal. She cusses a little bit, she's religious without being over the top (to the same tune as R, I think, mimicking her as was stated upthread), she talks about wanting to find Caylee and get her out of Orlando, she praises and flatters R without all of the soul-sister crap, etc. If I read these knowing nothing of this case, I might be sold on the idea that she knew who had her daughter and that she was keeping her emotions to herself and was truly grateful for the support.

After Caylee has been found, and some of the letters are so soon after the event that she's still talking about Christmas, is when she really seems to go off the deep end to me. She only vaguely references the fact that she's supposed to be grieving now. She never discusses Caylee's killer except to say that she doesn't think Zenaida did it. She becomes more and more sanctimonious, starts professing her love for R and their bond more intensely, starts martyring herself by saying that she was put in her predicament to help people, starts fantasizing about RV trips, Costa Rica, a shared apartment, a traveling ministry, miracles, and so on, and starts the bizarre practice of calling God "Daddy."

:cow: Maybe this is because of the gradual process of the two girls growing closer, but I feel there was a difference in her grip on reality between pre-body found Casey and post-body found Casey. I'm wondering if she truly believed she'd get away with it before Caylee was discovered, but now she's not so sure...

Q: What Lies Beneath the Casey/Robyn Letters?
A: KC is searching for a new source of Narcissistic Supply.

“The narcissist, in contrast, is the mental equivalent of an alcoholic. He is insatiable. He directs his whole behaviour, in fact his life, to obtain these pleasurable titbits of attention. He embeds them in a coherent, completely biased, picture of himself. He uses them to regulates his labile sense of self-worth and self-esteem.
To elicit constant interest, he projects to others a confabulated, fictitious version of himself, known as the False Self. The False Self is everything the narcissist is not: omniscient, omnipotent, charming, intelligent, rich, or well-connected.
The narcissist then proceeds to harvest reactions to this projected image from family members, friends, co-workers, neighbours, business partners and from colleagues. If these – the adulation, admiration, attention, fear, respect, applause, affirmation – are not forthcoming, the narcissist demands them, or extorts them. Money, compliments, a favourable critique, an appearance in the media, a sexual conquest are all converted into the same currency in the narcissist's mind.
This currency is what I call Narcissistic Supply.”

http://samvak.tripod.com/faq76.html#narcissisticsupply

yes, and what's up with the taking matters into her own hands? She thinking about taking other kids out before the Rapture, too? Maybe that sweet-sounding Irish lad she'll be adopting soon?

Yes, so subliminally she is suggesting she would be doing God's work by delivering other children to God before the Rapture. .."taking matters into her own hands".. So she has intellectualized/rationalized herself as some kind of Spiritual Hero for delivering Caylee to God before the Rapture. It wasn't murder, she 'saved' Caylee, in her mind. Pretty deep denial.

I sometimes noticed a certain awareness to the letters, as if she was imagining what an audience might think as they read the lines, and not necessarily Robyn. The 2nd time she mentioned adoption she interjected with something like, "It even sounds weird to me" and then went on to talk it. I think she thought Robyn bought in to her "great mother" routine so I don't think she said that for her benefit. She probably thought she was a lot smarter than Robyn, and she was also handing out advice to her about her kids, boyfriend, etc.

I also agree that she is manic. She seems to function on very little sleep, her mind racing all night. She once fixed her hair the night before a court appearance, then started writing letters at 12:45 AM, stopped and wrote some of her book, and then went back to writing letters saying she was going to get an hour of sleep, but didn't see the point anymore. At other times, she states she is sleeping a lot, both at night and during the day.

Then there are times when she states the truth:
casey1.jpg

casey2.jpg

I took those totally out of context, but they are the truth. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OccasionalMallard