What makes the JBR case fascinating to you?

I stay fascinated with this case:

1) because JonBenet was killed in her own home and deserves justice

2) because there is no proof of an intruder, leading to guilt of a family member and,

3) because the R's t-eed me off so badly with their lies, avoidance in clearing themselves and despite promises, 'not to rest until her killer is found', instead spent their money on self defense. Only on Johns immediate family and ex wife. Suspicious in and of it's self.

4) because I, like so many, believed IDI, at first.

Yeah, you gotta, sorta, kinda, wonder if the whole thing doesn't look like a lot like a script for a movie or a play?

Now, is there anyone who knew the Rs and JBR who was present at the Dec 23 Christmas Party and became involved in this who writes plays or novels??

Hmmmmmmmm.

My fascination with the case is this: I know one or more of the Ramseys are guilty and am praying there will be an arrest. A confession..NOT...but one of them killed this innocent baby. Patsy is dead and I hope she is rotting in hell for forsaking her own daughter.

Even if it wasn't an intentional killing, they distanced themselves from her as if she were a discarded toy. Even pets are treated better. They left her in the house, turned their backs and walked out on her, their home and their lives and all she was to them.

Im fascinated by the fact that no one has cracked yet. Secrets usually come out...no matter what side of the fence your on.

Yeah, you gotta, sorta, kinda, wonder if the whole thing doesn't look like a lot like a script for a movie or a play?

Now, is there anyone who knew the Rs and JBR who was present at the Dec 23 Christmas Party and became involved in this who writes plays or novels??

Hmmmmmmmm.

Two that I know of. One was Janet McR. The other was Patsy.

One thing I have noticed about JonBenet's case is how passionate each side (IDI and RDI) is about their position. If you read comments about this case on news articles or on JBR forums, you can see that each side always come out in full force with evidence that they believe supports their theory. In Caylee's case, you don't have a segment of the population screaming that Casey is innocent and this is why; nor do you have that for Terri in Kyron's case.

Even if it wasn't an intentional killing, they distanced themselves from her as if she were a discarded toy. Even pets are treated better. They left her in the house, turned their backs and walked out on her, their home and their lives and all she was to them.

DeeDee, with all respect, IF the Ramseys didnt do it....lets just say.
If your little daughter was found murdered in the house would you want to go back and live there? I think they hated the place after. And to be fair, they didnt abandon JBR. They brought her back to GA had her funeral there and thats where she was laid to rest. I do think the Ramseys visited regularly. I think the police made them leave the house that night, too.
Do you think they should've moved back into the house?

One thing I have noticed about JonBenet's case is how passionate each side (IDI and RDI) is about their position. If you read comments about this case on news articles or on JBR forums, you can see that each side always come out in full force with evidence that they believe supports their theory. In Caylee's case, you don't have a segment of the population screaming that Casey is innocent and this is why; nor do you have that for Terri in Kyron's case.

It is pretty obvious Casey isnt innocent. NO Mother would have a 2 yr old missing for 30 days, go out and party and not tell anyone or call 911 when found out she was missing.
It is too hard to say for sure the Ramseys did it. For me, theres too many "ifs". And....I think the pollice werent used to handling murders. They wouldve cleared the house out right away.
The pineapple is a big mystery to me but then it could be innocent. but then, PR's prings are on the bowl but couldnt that have been from earlier?
Its just a big mystery and I dont ever see it being solved:(
I think JR couldve easily pointed to the broken window and said: look! that is how they got in but he didn't, Its just a mystery so much of it.
I find it hard to believe Burke did it. And Patsy seemed to truly love JonBenet. IF Burke did it, I dont see her covering for him. That is too scary to live with a kid who could be that violent. What do people think they did? Got him therapy in secret? lol Because this is no simple accident where a kid fell and had to have stitches. This was very violent and done on purpose.

The Child Beauty Pagents

The Murder taking place at Christmas

The Wealth of the Ramseys

The Hint of Phedopelia

The Strangulation and Head Wack happening at the same time; either one could have killed JonBenet; hence, overkill, but why?

The mystery of the missing cell phone records of John Ramsey--how did he mange that?

The Fact that nobody was in JonBenet's corner

Those are some of the reasons that have kept me interested all these long years.

DeeDee, with all respect, IF the Ramseys didnt do it....lets just say.
If your little daughter was found murdered in the house would you want to go back and live there? I think they hated the place after. And to be fair, they didnt abandon JBR. They brought her back to GA had her funeral there and thats where she was laid to rest. I do think the Ramseys visited regularly. I think the police made them leave the house that night, too.
Do you think they should've moved back into the house?

Hi feddup! I think the point here is that they abandoned JB that day...they left their little girl alone under the christmas tree - violated and murdered to be taken care of by strangers. I don't know of anyone that could just leave like that. this was their 6 year old child!? It is sick and sad.

Hi feddup! I think the point here is that they abandoned JB that day...they left their little girl alone under the christmas tree - violated and murdered to be taken care of by strangers. I don't know of anyone that could just leave like that. this was their 6 year old child!? It is sick and sad.

Didnt they have to? From then, it went from a kidnapping to a murder.
Just wondering....the coroner was called and there has to be an autopsy. Im not sure how long they coulde stayed with her under the circumstances.

Didnt they have to? From then, it went from a kidnapping to a murder.
Just wondering....the coroner was called and there has to be an autopsy. Im not sure how long they coulde stayed with her under the circumstances.

I see your point, but it wasn't just not going back to the house that makes me feel that way. It was everything.

it's not about what fascinates me but about what makes me so angry.the possibility that JB was abused and that the abuser is free and will probably never get caught just drives me nuts.that someone was smart enough to know how to intimidate the DA office and spread so many lies just to keep the little secret safe.it's disgusting.
there is no smoke without a fire.

it's not about what fascinates me but about what makes me so angry.the possibility that JB was abused and that the abuser is free and will probably never get caught just drives me nuts.that someone was smart enough to know how to intimidate the DA office and spread so many lies just to keep the little secret safe.it's disgusting.
there is no smoke without a fire.

Happens more than we'd like, maddy.

I don't think I do. I'd view France and Germany as being capitalist countries but both have views on what they term 'Anglo-American Capitalism.' About every two years, a French person writes a book about how we (The English, they tend to exclude Wales and Scotland from any definition of 'British' for critical purposes) have become a pale, 51st state wannabe imitation of your lot and have become as morally bankrupt in our pursuit of capitalism (And I'm quoting the most recent book). Ignoring the historical enmity between France and England, it still tells a tale about how France views our capitalism as being a less tasteful capitalism than theirs....

Sophie,

mmm, well speaking historically the Angles, can never be british. They are like the Normans, or Vikings a foreign import.

Whereas the Welsh and less so the Scottish can lay claim to be Britons, which if you do the linguistics derives from pretani and its variants ...

Also a more contentious claim that relates to the less tasteful form of capitalism, is that the English have no native culture, no music, no literature, no dress etc etc. What they do claim is simply historical existing cultural forms, e.g. morris dancing, 15th cent. Maypole dancing, and Shakespeare who has a dodgy provenance etc.

Its this assumption by the French about the lack of culture attributed to the English, that underpins their distaste for the so called 'Anglo-American Capitalism.'

The French or Franks, once spoke the same language as the Irish, Scottish, Welsh, and Cornish people etc.

Just my 2-cents on a quiet day.

what makes this case fascinating...well, the parents were successful & well off, their children were beautiful, on the outside everything seemed picture perfect, from their beauty queen daughter to their Christmas decorated house. But, and here's the kicker. Nobody knows what goes on behind closed doors. Every family, even picture perfect families, have secrets. MOO.

I'm reading an old article about the case and a college professor commented that the Ramsey case is unique because it was able to capture national attention without a trial. He said that the trial is typically where we access all the information about the crime.

This case fascinates me because it was so sadistic and bizarre, but is thought to have been done by a parent as some sort of coverup to accident or abuse. I think if it happened in todays day and time that the Ramseys wouldn't be the main suspects years later. There are a few other people who could just as easily have killed JonBenet, but aren't mentioned. Maybe they were years ago, but not now. The dna that was found is also fascinating and will continue to be until further technology begins to bring more evidence on fibers and touch dna. I think it will be solved someday either by the evidence or someone begins to talk as they age.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back