What makes you think Terri Horman is innocent?

Status
Not open for further replies.
No concrete evidence has been shared so its impossible for me to offer an opinion on guilt or innocense.
I believe when I understood how much time and involvement she had with Kryon's class, I thought perhaps she was laying the groundwork for future employment.
The choice of that particular day is terrible. Summer was one week away and Kyron could have been sent to camp, and he spent alot of time with his mother. He wasn't in her way at all. And her teenage son was scheduled for a visit.
Why cause this kind of upset at this particuliar time? It just doesn't make sense to me.
The lawn guy, well, that almost sounds ridiculous.
Sex offenders are sly, smart and walk among us. That will continue to be my first thoughts in this case.

MOO

Apparantly no one saw Kyron leave with his mother.Just they were last seen at the school together.I personally do not feel she was the last person to see him at the school.LE made a flier with a white truck and a picture of Terri.Well,apparantly the landscaper had a white truck also.Little kids might not know the difference between different white trucks.Just it was a white truck.I really hope they are looking into the LS.I don't know if she is innocent or guilty.I do not think things point to her at all.Just the murder for hit situation that I feel didn't pan out and was all about Kaine and not Kyron at all.I'm reading LE said she was not a suspect or a person of interest and she is cooperating with LE.What am I suppose to believe when LE says that.LE is not saying she is " THE KEY " like MC is in Haleighs case.I'm just hearing through newspaper articles.She is being evasive?I do feel she does need to clear that up.Maybe she has.I do hope and pray they are looking at many suspects and POI's.I pray they find this sweet little boy very soon.It's very sad.

Based on currently available evidence, if I were sitting on a jury, I could not convict.

i dont know. i thought casey was guilty of killing caylee the minute the story broke.

and caylee wouldnt be found for another 5 months yet.

i just dont know if anything is certian about this case at all

Well... I remain unconvinced and I know the reason why.. its Baby K. If the person who took her big brother away from her knew how much she adored him yet did it anyway, then that person has to be a totally unfeeling monster. I just don't get that impression from TH. I'm a mom of a 7yr old boy and a 2 yr old girl... there are just no words to capture their relationship, it is beautiful and sacred. He is old enough to never have jealousy towards her and she is little enough to think he is marvelous.. her prince, her hero... the coolest kid in the whole wide world. The one she wants to sit next to even if they're just watching TV. They have their own little rituals for saying goodnight and goodbye when he goes to school.

I can't wrap my head around the idea that the mother who is so genuinely devoted to her would take him away. I just can't make that fit TH, no matter how much rage she might have felt towards her husband.

Wow, this is such a good point to make. We also have children with a large-ish age gap, and the hero worship is so sweet and wonderful. Even when the oldest is gone to "regular" activities, the little ones are asking for him...

Based on currently available evidence, if I were sitting on a jury, I could not convict.

I think LE agrees. If they had anything concrete they would arrest her.

also not sure if this thread should be operating yet. she hasnt even been arrested :)

also not sure if this thread should be operating yet. she hasnt even been arrested :)

Well, the discussions in many of the other threads insinuate or presuppose her guilt, so I was just going for a different point of view. ;o)

When LE announced that this was "an isolated case" and that the school community had no need to fear that there was a predator on the loose, I took them at their word as I'm sure did most locals. As time marches on without an arrest, no charges, no suspects, no (known) strategy for solving the case, I become increasingly concerned for Skyline students and their parents when school begins in the fall.

Terri Horman was well-known at Skyline as an active parent, volunteer, and substitute teacher. No doubt she came in contact with many students and parents as an active member of the school community. It must be terribly confusing right now for parents and their children to ponder the prospect of this seemingly creative and talented woman to have betrayed their tight-knit community by committing an almost unthinkable crime.

I don't know whether or not Terri Horman is responsible for Kyron's disappearance, but, if I were a Skyline parent, I would want this case solved prior to the start of the next academic year. I would like to be assured that the school that my child/children attend had absolutely no culpability in this unfortunate incident. jmo

I have always looked to LE for my cues. I have no idea whether or not TH did anything, as I have in no way shape or form access to the vast investigative details that LE does. LE, who does have access to that very pertinent information, seem to be IMO looking at TH as a serious POI.

I have no reason to think that LE is engaging on a witch hunt, that they have failed to investigate other avenues that do not involve TH, that they are engaged in 'tunnel vision', that they are looking for a 'scapegoat', or that they are doing anything but following the evidence. Until I see evidence that the dedicated LE employees engaged in this case (and by LE, I mean all of those from the multiple agencies involved in the investigation) are being anything but professional, I have no reason to think otherwise. I am not going to throw LE under the bus without cause, nor am I going to assume that the only evidence they have against anyone is what is available in the online and print media. I am very much aware that LE is not perfect, but the vast majority of those working in that field are honest and professional, and until proven otherwise, I am trusting them to do their jobs well.

:toast:

Me either. Furthermore, a Grand Jury would not even convene, based on currently available circumstantial "evidence".

As Sheriff Staton so eloquently phrased it:

"I want evidence I can hang my hat on."

So far, as things stand now, my hat is laying on the floor.

i really dont think LE has enough to charge ANYONE. other wise we'd have someone doing the perp walk by now and kyron would be found one way or another.

im seriously frustrated with this whole mess

Song, there is some confusion as to whether or not the teacher was told by Terri that Kyron had an appointment, which when was Kyron was not in class, it confirmed for her it must be true. Terri is said to have said that she meant the next Friday. Also this school did not have the policy of calling home if a student is absent-poor policy perhaps, but it was their policy and parents would be aware of that. Also, we do not know what to make of what the 8-yr old said on his tape when he went on TV; LE says there were no subs that day and that Terri was the last person to see Kyron, which if true, means that the little boy could not have seen him when he said he did.

hope that is all clear as mud.

As far as Terri being innocent, well she is, until proven otherwise. I just hope that if she if she is tried and the evidence is there, she is not the kind of "innocent" that OJ is, when it is all over.
I SURE MUST AGREE that we do not need another OJ case.
And hope that every school will change that policy - it is a scary policy, they must call a parent if the child is missing.
I still hope that LE is going through everything because as much as we do not want an OJ case, I have seen to many innocent sit in prison 15 ++ years before they come out and by then their lives are ruined.

I have to be honest when it is JURY DUTY TIME I only take on civil cases. I know they dont tell you everything about what is really going on.

i really dont think LE has enough to charge ANYONE. other wise we'd have someone doing the perp walk by now and kyron would be found one way or another.

im seriously frustrated with this whole mess

The fact that LE and Kyron's bio parents assert he is still alive, because they have no evidence to the contrary, tells me they have no evidence he has been murdered. And, yet, the likelihood he is still alive is very slim.

With regard to murder, they are admitting they have no evidence on Terri or anyone else. If she murdered Kyron, where are her defensive wounds? Where is the blood evidence? Other fluid evidence? If she killed this child, she had to incapacitate him in some way. Even if he didn't fight, she would've had to move him.

There's the DUI in Terri's past. I'm not sure if we're allowed to comment on Facebook content other than pictures. She posted answers to an informative about me type thing in 2009. Are we allowed to post about it? I'll wait for a response on that one. Other than her DUI and the child endangerment investigation that accompanied it, there is nothing in Terri's past to indicate she's neglectful of/violent toward her children. Terri's ex-husband said her older son left the Horman home because he was butting heads with Kaine not Terri. She doesn't appear narcissistic or sociopathic to me. In my mind, as I process this case or crimes in general, the level of premeditation and evil required to abduct and kill Kyron would produce tells in other areas of the perpetrator's life. I see nothing in Terri's life that red flags this type of event.

The one possible red flag, the DUI, was an isolated event. Years have gone by and she's not had another, so therefore it's a non-issue for me. There's not a pattern of consistent bad behavior; it was an isolated mistake, IMHO.

Cypress made some good points. I'd add:

LE knowingly misled the public whether there was evidence supporting TH's story. That made me mistrust them.
Gary Condit acted guilty as hell, with all kinds of circumstantial evidence against him, yet there's a good chance he was innocent.
Police swore they scoured every inch of the dorm where Wade Steffey disappeared--yet there he was, all along.
Elizabeth Smart's uncle, supposedly, failed a lie-detector test.
Oh, and for those who followed the Christa Worthington case, with the HUGE cast of close suspects...the GARBAGE MAN?!

I don't want to say that I think she's "innocent"..... but I will say that I am still not convinced that she is responsible for Kyron's disappearance. No matter what the rumor is, no matter what the media spins etc. until I see tangible evidence or a confession, I will not believe that she is guilty of this crime.

There's no evidence... everything I've seen is rumor... and a whole lot of people with over active imaginations. I can't even go to the news sites because their comments section just infuriates me. I feel sorry for those people. Plus I just don't really see her doing this.

I do think she may be guilty of other things... but her marriage and personal life are none of my business and I will not judge. The murder plot doesn't even really phase me either.. The story stinks.. and I think it's garbage...
But even if it were true, I still wouldn't suspect her w/ the whole Kyron thing. I've known people who wanted their husbands killed because they were abusive... and these people are far from "psychotic" or "sociopath" labels. They're very normal people in terrible situations and have no way out or are too afraid to leave because of physical or emotional abuse. Not saying it's right.. but it doesn't make them horrible imo.

ETA: Also, having a "deceptive" answer on the polygraph doesn't do it for me either.. There are a number of reasons why she could have lied about where she was that day... maybe she WAS trying to hide something that she didn't want made public... not necessarily anything to do with Kyron.

Also, the facebook/gym thing was nonsense too.. Her entire post was "Hitting the gym tomorrow... didn't get back home til after 8 pm tonight. I'm tired" or something to that affect. I took that as "I'll catch up with you guys at the gym tomorrow instead of tonight. It's late" She was probably going there to meet up with friends to discuss the case. If my child were missing, I'd be balled up on the floor screaming.. or running to the end of the Earth to find them... BUT, if it were my stepchild, sadly, I must admit that I wouldn't be quite as upset. I'd be upset.. don't get me wrong. Maybe I'm a sociopath too...

I feel absolutely horrible for Terri... and I hope they can find Kyron and clear Terri so she can get her little girl back

My $.02

I have always looked to LE for my cues. I have no idea whether or not TH did anything, as I have in no way shape or form access to the vast investigative details that LE does. LE, who does have access to that very pertinent information, seem to be IMO looking at TH as a serious POI.

I have no reason to think that LE is engaging on a witch hunt, that they have failed to investigate other avenues that do not involve TH, that they are engaged in 'tunnel vision', that they are looking for a 'scapegoat', or that they are doing anything but following the evidence. Until I see evidence that the dedicated LE employees engaged in this case (and by LE, I mean all of those from the multiple agencies involved in the investigation) are being anything but professional, I have no reason to think otherwise. I am not going to throw LE under the bus without cause, nor am I going to assume that the only evidence they have against anyone is what is available in the online and print media. I am very much aware that LE is not perfect, but the vast majority of those working in that field are honest and professional, and until proven otherwise, I am trusting them to do their jobs well.

There is a huge difference between engaging in a witch hunt and being so lazy that they dont even lift the rug to see what is under it.
I am just saying that LE has made so many errors in so many classes. EXAMPLE: KC Anthony's car should have been confiscated by LE immediately. Case and point.

I do not think they are always right ether, I do not automatically think they are cops so they are ethical and diligent.
I wait, I look, and I read. So far I can't say TH is guilty or innocent. I DO say I dont want to see them have a person of interest and stop looking elsewhere too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truecrime-hazeleyes