What personality factors might have contributed to this senseless crime?

Well this may surprise some of you, but I'm probably a good candidate to be Metrosexual. I am not, however, homosexual, and as the post indicated above, the term refers more to a desire for finer things, a sense of style, an eye for decorating, and a love of shopping.

I don't think he's homosexual, though the lack of a father figure often leads to homosexuality.

Raven hungered for the finer things because he was denied those things as a youth. He wanted to fit in and be like the others. This affects so many people in the US.

golfmom said:
I would appreciate feedback. Hugs!

I want to clarify here, I'm not saying the new metrosexual man is a bad thing, I just think that anything taken to any extreme can be bad ... and Raven seems to have a tendency to go overboard . . .

golfmom said:
I want to clarify here, I'm not saying the new metrosexual man is a bad thing, I just think that anything taken to any extreme can be bad ... and Raven seems to have a tendency to go overboard . . .
Exactly.

What's wrong with a man that likes to shop, and then shell out money, for nice things? I mean, when you have the money!

NCBanker said:
Well this may surprise some of you, but I'm probably a good candidate to be Metrosexual. I am not, however, homosexual, and as the post indicated above, the term refers more to a desire for finer things, a sense of style, an eye for decorating, and a love of shopping.

I don't think he's homosexual, though the lack of a father figure often leads to homosexuality.

Raven hungered for the finer things because he was denied those things as a youth. He wanted to fit in and be like the others. This affects so many people in the US.

You know, I look back now and realize that my former lover was not bisexual either.. He was just so much like me at that time that it was confusing after a while, LOL.

A metrosexual male is my ultimate man. I am much more attuned and appreciate the fact that they know what Harris tweed is and have their own vintage Burberry coat like I have, and know why Tod's driving shoes are cool.
It's all about materialism, I agree, and a neatness which, God knows, my spouse lacks one hint of having. It's kind of like " Animal House" with him around.
With my old BF, it was just like " Frasier". We would discuss which wine to have with dinner for at least 45 minutes and we always had imported cheeses and all of that. He was probably the most fun man I have ever known. I wish I had him back!!! ( NCBanker, no disrespect meant regarding the wine), .

None taken! I have more $$ to spend clothes since I don't buy wine, coffee or cigarettes!

Thinkoflaura said:
You know, I look back now and realize that my former lover was not bisexual either.. He was just so much like me at that time that it was confusing after a while, LOL.

A metrosexual male is my ultimate man. I am much more attuned and appreciate the fact that they know what Harris tweed is and have their own vintage Burberry coat like I have, and know why Tod's driving shoes are cool.
It's all about materialism, I agree, and a neatness which, God knows, my spouse lacks one hint of having. It's kind of like " Animal House" with him around.
With my old BF, it was just like " Frasier". We would discuss which wine to have with dinner for at least 45 minutes and we always had imported cheeses and all of that. He was probably the most fun man I have ever known. I wish I had him back!!! ( NCBanker, no disrespect meant regarding the wine), .

NCBanker said:

I agree with NCBanker. I don't think he's gay. I mean, there are some warning signs that would indicate that he may be bisexual (NCBanker is right-lack of a father figure during childhood often does lead to a boy growing up constantly needing male attention, which leads to homosexuality; and other factors: his style saavy, and his untypical "male" behaviors (no offense to anyone posting who is Homosexual. I certainly don't want to generalize gay men in such a way ) BUT I have seen Raven in action. I think when people say he flirted with co-workers of both genders, they were seeing Raven be Raven...trying to charm everyone in the room. It's all about appearance and getting people to like you.
My theory as to why we haven't heard a mistress come forward is that she might be another mormon. or that she is married.
While there is forgiveness for adultery in the Mormon religion, it certainly is looked down on in the Mormon church (in essence, you're part of destroying an eternal marriage...that's serious business).
If she is already marriage, coming forward would only hurt her family more.
THIS is PURE SPECULATION, though.
I just thought I'd throw it out there.

anneshirley said:
I agree with NCBanker. I don't think he's gay. I mean, there are some warning signs that would indicate that he may be bisexual (NCBanker is right-lack of a father figure during childhood often does lead to a boy growing up constantly needing male attention, which leads to homosexuality; and other factors: his style saavy, and his untypical "male" behaviors (no offense to anyone posting who is Homosexual. I certainly don't want to generalize gay men in such a way ) BUT I have seen Raven in action. I think when people say he flirted with co-workers of both genders, they were seeing Raven be Raven...trying to charm everyone in the room. It's all about appearance and getting people to like you.
My theory as to why we haven't heard a mistress come forward is that she might be another mormon. or that she is married.
While there is forgiveness for adultery in the Mormon religion, it certainly is looked down on in the Mormon church (in essence, you're part of destroying an eternal marriage...that's serious business).
THIS is PURE SPECULATION, though.
I just thought I'd throw it out there.

It just hit me reading your post- the guy I knew had CHARISMA. It exuded from him like a glow. AND, at the time, I had it too.
He arrived at my engagement party to a friend of his via water.. He stepped off his yacht and all I could think of were the lyrics to the Carly Simon song " You're So Vain".
Men were jealous of him, yet also kind of in awe of his perfection too.
Women, well, that goes without saying, LOL.
The charasmatic attitude and presence was a huge factor.

NCBanker said:

Many women, including myself, would be very happy to have a metrosexual mate. Nothing wrong with it - I agree with your assessment about the desire for finer things, and I think that that's great as long as it doesn't inch its way over into materialism.

I disagree, however, with the lack of a father figure leading to homosexuality. I think it's a lot more complicated than that but since it's off-topic, I'll leave it at that. :)

I have been informed that Raven also drove 2+ hours to get his hair colored and also had his arms and legs waxed regularly.

anneshirley said:
I think you might be right. Either one of the above or Raven's indiscretions, (if they in fact exist), were many one-night stands as opposed to an ongoing relationship with one woman that could provide a motive like we saw in the Scott Peterson case. If Raven had a bunch of flings, there's a chance that the women with whom he galavanted aren't even aware that their experiences with him might be important to mention to LE.

ETA: Amber Frey was very brave. I'm sure that a lot of people would be afraid to come forward in similar circumstances for fear that they could be harmed as well - especially if the accused ends up getting acquitted.

JerseyGirl said:
I think you might be right. Either one of the above or Raven's indiscretions, (if they in fact exist), were many one-night stands as opposed to an ongoing relationship with one woman that could provide a motive like we saw in the Scott Peterson case. If Raven had a bunch of flings, there's a chance that the women with whom he galavanted aren't even aware that their experiences with him might be important to mention to LE.

ETA: Amber Frey was very brave. I'm sure that a lot of people would be afraid to come forward in similar circumstances for fear that they could be harmed as well - especially if the accused ends up getting acquitted.
Especially after seeing how Amber got torn up in the press and on the boards.

golfmom said:
I have been informed that Raven also drove 2+ hours to get his hair colored and also had his arms and legs waxed regularly.
And that's not metrosexual -- which some would argue I'm one as well -- but purely and deeply narcissistic.

misterallgood said:
And that's not metrosexual -- which some would argue I'm one as well -- but purely and deeply narcissistic.
Metrosexuals are all into those kinds of things--good hairdresser, facials, manicures, etc. Body waxing might be a little extreme, but it falls into the taking care of oneself.

But there are some characteristics of Raven that are opposite of the metrosexual lifestyle. Fixation on sports, for one. I read that metrosexuals would prefer reading a book to going to a hockey game. But a famous metrosexual is David Beckham, so go figure.

vero said:
Especially after seeing how Amber got torn up in the press and on the boards.
Exactly. Why put your life, (and the lives of those around you), under a microscope, and possibly in danger if you're not even sure that what you have to say is important?

I'm not sure if Raven being one or not is really all that important, but that he wanted to be identified and belong to that group is, and that he spent a lot of the family resources (resources they didn't have) on making sure the image fit. He wanted the total package apparently.

JerseyGirl said:
Exactly. Why put your life, (and the lives of those around you), under a microscope, and possibly in danger if you're not even sure that what you have to say is important?
plus, if she/they are Mormon...that's a heck of a lot of guilt to carry around with you. I certainly wouldn't want to rehash that in front of the media and especially my family. I can understand the silence...even though she/they might be able to give us some relevant info. It seems she/they, too, have taken the code of silence. hmmm...

1. He drove 1 1/2 - 2 hours to get his hair done by a specific stylist. For haircuts and lots of highlights. One day he had highlights, soon after he became completely bleached blond, the within a couple of months he dyed his hair jet black and then back again to the dark hair with blond highlights.

Note: this information fits perfectly with the photos up at ravenstree.

2. He tanned at a tanning bed to keep that bronze always tanned look.

3. He shaved his legs

4. He shaved his chest

5. Always worried about his looks

6. Several gay men who are open about their sexuality always said their "gaydar" ( gay man's radar) would go off everytime he walked by.

eta: If RA is a person of interest and convicted of his crime, I'm not sure this is a look he'll want to continue with. :silenced:

Sounds to me like so many of todays younger men. Heck, the guys my kids hang out with spend major money on their appearance. Its a running joke anymore about the guys spending more time and money on hair products than the girls. My daughter was telling me the other day how "X" spends $45.00 a WEEK to keep his hair trimmed to the exact length he wants.

There was a thread in the juryroom I think, about "todays man", more or less saying they are not the masculine types we once thought of.

I agree, Timex. It's becoming quite common. I think that American men are finally taking a page out of the book of European men. Of course, not ALL people of any one group are all the same but European men have been long known to get manicures, appreciate the arts, etc. I LOVE it. Wish my man was more metrosexual and less neanderthal. :rolleyes: *sigh*

I thought this information perhaps might help us with tracking down the information regarding an assault on a referee:

This person explained that the assult on the ref was in a league in Chapel Hill (Orange County), however they didn't know the league name. Additionally, I was told that he fought with someone in the Durham league that he played in for work. This person thought Raven was kicked off the team after that.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back