What Punishment Should a Pedophile Receive for Sexually Abusing a Child?

What Punishment Should a Pedophile Receive for Sexually Abusing a Child

• Lethal injection

Votes: 80 6.8%
  • Medical castration and life without parole

Votes: 186 15.7%
  • Medical castration with intense therapy and a light prison term

Votes: 25 2.1%
  • Life in prison without parole

Votes: 194 16.4%
  • Life in prison with a chance of parole but only with medical castration

Votes: 95 8.0%
  • Life in prison with a chance of parole.

Votes: 10 0.8%
  • Long prison term with intense counseling then review for possible parole

Votes: 67 5.7%
  • Electric chair death

Votes: 17 1.4%
  • Death, any method that works.

Votes: 172 14.6%
  • Death - unless falsely accused

Votes: 31 2.6%
  • Blind them so they can never see a child again

Votes: 8 0.7%
  • The same punishment as the child did, then death

Votes: 41 3.5%
  • Torture....LOTS of brutal torture....then death.

Votes: 40 3.4%
  • all of the above

Votes: 47 4.0%
  • LWOP in general population

Votes: 60 5.1%
  • SURGICAL castration and LWOP!

Votes: 59 5.0%
  • Permanent psych ward stay

Votes: 13 1.1%
  • Verbatim Quote from BH 'Take him to a cabin in the woods, nail his balls to the floor and set the ca

Votes: 12 1.0%
  • Surgical castration, light prison sentence with psychotherapy

Votes: 15 1.3%
  • Surgical castration and a frontal lobotomy followed by LWOP

Votes: 9 0.8%

• Total voters
I just don't think, if that's the case and it's something that can't be helped, capital punishment should be the answer. Especially if it's something they are born with. I don't know which it is.I go back and forth on that, are they born or made? I agree with you it seems rehabilitation is highly unlikely.

The way rehabilitation for sex offenders works, is that they are trained to think about the consequences of their behavior, to reduce their impulsive behavior to re-offend.

Sex offenders can "help" from being sex offenders. There is no compulsion to rape. They are like alcoholics, they like to rape. And like alcoholics, can stop the behavior. They just chose not to.

CApital punishment is the right answer here. Unfortunately our idiotic politicians don't agree with that. They're almost all for "human rights", "rehabilitation" and other stupid things like these.
What method? Any method that works...personally I would bring back firing squad or hanging....maybe public hanging.
A good lesson for all the maniacs :cool:

The way rehabilitation for sex offenders works, is that they are trained to think about the consequences of their behavior, to reduce their impulsive behavior to re-offend.

Sex offenders can "help" from being sex offenders. There is no compulsion to rape. They are like alcoholics, they like to rape. And like alcoholics, can stop the behavior. They just chose not to.

the problem is “rehabilitation” does NOT work

CApital punishment is the right answer here. Unfortunately our idiotic politicians don't agree with that. They're almost all for "human rights", "rehabilitation" and other stupid things like these.:cool:

There is nothing "stupid" about championing human rights.

I too am a victim & a survivor of sexual abuse as well as verbal, mental & emotional abuse but my opinion is much different than most people. And I’m pretty sure that I am the odd man out here with my opinion but it is just that, MOO. I think, in fact I KNOW that it is possible for anyone and I mean ANYONE (pedophile, drug addict, any kind of addict, psychopath [e.g. Dr. James Fallon], etc...) can become rehabilitated through Christ who strengthens them. It is possible for someone to control their urges to do the wrong thing. Look at Dr James Fallon or the apostle Paul for example. My opinion is based off my own personal experiences. I have an “impulse control disorder(s).” I was born that way. One of my ICDs emerged when I was a baby & has been with me off & on throughout my entire life. I have never been able to control it, rather have control over it. That is until a few years after I became a Born Again Christian. There is not a day that goes by that I don’t think about it. I still have urges but I don’t act on them. I pray...I PRAY HARD & A LOT. I have learned coping mechanisms through self taught behavioral therapy. I look at this change of behavior as a lifestyle change & essentially as a fast. Except that it’s an ongoing fast. When it comes to my ICD (& OCD bc they work hand & hand) sometimes I live literally one second at a time to get through my urges. I execute self-control which is a Fruit Of The Spirit. Jesus says in John 15:5 that if we remain in Him, He will remain in us & we will produce much Fruit. Additionally I also look at my family & their various impulse issues that they’ve overcome with Christ. My brother was a compulsive gambler that got into all kinds of trouble when he was younger...like he should have been in jail/prison. I look at my mom who was addicted to sex & cocaine. She radically changed her life when she got saved. She’s now an ER nurse & teaches nursing at a college. I look at my spouse who was both an alcoholic & drug addict for 35 years but changed their life when they became saved/born again WHILE THEY WERE IN JAIL.
I’m not saying that someone(s) will never have an urge again, I’m saying that it is possible to fight off the urges that arise.
With all of that being said there is no doubt in my mind that it is possible to change/to be rehabilitated for those who WANT to change.

I believe in second chances. I believe that no matter how horrific someone’s crime has been that they deserve a second chance. Do not misconstrue what I am saying. I am not saying to allow people to go back into the world with no accountability. I think that jail/prison is appropriate accompanied with daily one on one therapy, group therapy if & when they are ready and some sort of testing(s). And then if & when they are released they must be monitored & have daily check-ins. Kind of like probation but for several years.

lethal injection. One strike and your out! Addiction or not, when harming a child is involved there should be no second chances. I don’t think it’s just an addiction. There’s evil mixed in or they’d seek help before offending.

When I hear about babies and young children being raped and sodomized, I say two words. To scale. This means they have done to them what they did to that innocent baby/child to scale. For however long that child suffered. Then I am torn bc I would personally put to death my son's abuser but then other families may not want that so they could pick LWOP.

Death.
They know what they are doing. They don't deserve forgiveness. They have a choice. They know what they are doing.

Personally I don't believe any of these options are quite right. Ideally, most countries are in need of substantial prison reform.

If I had my way, we would adopt more of a nordic model. We can hate them and their actions, and remove them from the population, without cruelty or death. Putting the life and death of citizens in the hands of the government as an option for "punishment" has too much room for abuse or error. And plus, they will die anyway one day. Why let them escape the pain they have caused so easily?

Killing them leaves too much room for error, and lets them get off too easily. Why should they get to die when others have to live with the consequences? Why shouldn't they live, be given aid whether it works or not, and be made to benefit the community they harmed? In a way that still respects them as living beings, of course.

I think it is better to give them life without parole, in addition to intensive therapy. And at the same time, while they are living in a better prison model, they should be made to contribute to society. I have a few ideas on how, and how we could prevent any abuse in that system as well. Plus, if therapy helps, they will live with their demons as punishment. If it doesn't, we can study them and better prevent others from following the same paths.

Breaking cycles of abuse without compromising our own freedoms, and all while finding better ways to function as a whole, is far more important than a (justly held) vendetta. They should never be released. But there are better ways, and more satisfying ends, than giving them an escape route through a needle.

If consequences prevented sexual perverts from sexually assaulting their victims there would be no sexual assaults. Rapists don’t care about consequences. They only care about getting their sadistic thrills from dominating and torturing their victim. Yes, SA is torture.

Perverts spend their entire time in prison learning how to not get caught the next time. They endure the classes and so-called therapy in order to gain good behavior points so they can get out early and start raping again.

It would be fair to equate sexual addiction, (addiction to consensual sex), with alcoholism but sexual assault is a whole different ball game. No comparison at all.

MOO

,My gut says death, even though I have a moral opposition to the death penalty. My brain says "no, America has the Constitution."

Either way, I think this is worth a read...
You’re 16. You’re a Pedophile. You Don’t Want to Hurt Anyone. What Do You Do Now?
You’re 16. You’re a Pedophile. You Don’t Want to Hurt Anyone. What Do You Do Now?
There’s no helpline for pedophiles who want treatment before they act. So a teen with a terrible secret had to find his own way to save himself and others like him.

It depends on the severity and duration of the act(s).

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back