What the jury didn't hear: revealing articles about the accused

A reporter needs to find out about his juvenile past. I`m SURE he had issues then. JMO

No doubt in my mind. It is unbelievable that he was able to fly under law enforcements radar for as long as he did.

As many people as he fooled, I'm sure there were just as many he did not. Not saying anything at all against those who were fooled, he obviously was a very good con-man, it's just that there must have been those that knew something was very wrong.

McClintic's abrupt about-face testimony posed conundrum for Crown

She walked away from Rafferty's car during the rape, she said, and when she came back, Tori was gone. Her full confession came May 24 in a weepy, six-hour interview. She described seeing Tori lying partially clothed on the ground before Rafferty put a garbage bag over the girl's head and kicked and stomped her. Eventually, she said, he hit the girl with a hammer.
McClintic goes into even more graphic detail in a 17-page letter she wrote in October, saying she recalled more about April 8 after temporarily going off medication for bipolar disorder.
Some of the details are mundane, such as how her sunglasses nearly fell off her head while reaching for a garbage bag.
Others are horrifying: During the kicking and stomping, she recalled, Rafferty shouted, "Holy (expletive), why won't you die?"
Sorry, I had to post this. RIP Tori.

http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/ca...mony-posed-conundrum-for-crown-151086725.html

Tragedy struck after violent Terri-Lynne McClintic met depraved Michael Rafferty

Rafferty and McClintic’s brief but twisted pairing began in that pizza shop, when he called her a “pretty little number,” according to McClintic. Then they had sex in his car.
Rafferty climbed on top of McClintic and began to choke her, she reported. McClintic returned home not long after, with cold pizza and “Mike’s” number written in the box. She didn’t know his last name, but he didn’t really talk much about himself, she said.
Eighteen-year-old McClintic wasn’t the first young woman Rafferty choked during sex. In all, 12 other women reported being choked by him. Some consented, others didn’t. One woman signed a note consenting to “sexual choking and passing out,” while another alleged he drugged, choked and raped her.
http://news.nationalpost.com/2012/0...ynne-mcclintic-met-depraved-michael-rafferty/

From the Star:

Heeney ruled “it would be hard for the jury to resist the temptation to conclude that the applicant is a sexual deviant who is, therefore, more likely to have committed the rape and murder of the victim, despite instructions to the contrary.”
http://www.thestar.com/news/crime/a...tafford-trial-evidence-the-jurors-never-heard

This is ridiculous. I am so mad that i can't think straight and all names escape me, but several years ago a little girl in Toronto was kidnapped raped and murdered after she walked her friend home. It was found that the who did that had been watching child *advertiser censored*, was excited, and went outside to grab the first girl he saw.

I'm sure i've read studies that indicate viewing hard core *advertiser censored* is correlated to sexual assaults, too.

So how the <modsnip> is this judge claiming that all this vile, illegal pedophilic activity is simply evidence of MR's character. He doesn't want the jury to think badly of MR? GMAB.

Kind of a double standard when you think that TLM wasn't even on trial but they used her penchant of Necro music to discredit her as much as possible, as well as the fact that she was extremely violent. That's what pisses me off.

For the jury:

Attachments

• educated mind.jpg
    educated mind.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 42
I suspect his lawyer was actually very relieved not to have to sit beside his client.

Tink

Tragedy struck after violent Terri-Lynne McClintic met depraved Michael Rafferty

http://news.nationalpost.com/2012/0...ynne-mcclintic-met-depraved-michael-rafferty/

All these women are very lucky. Considering this monster's fantasy life he easily could have crossed the line and choked them until they died.

ETA: I wonder if MTR's initial interest in TLM was that she was the type of person others dont care as much about if they say they are raped, people who are less likely to go to police and/or people the police are less likely to take seriously. In fact I wonder if there are any unsolved cases involving prostitutes that were strangled.

At 1:20 of video 4, Jim Smyth tells MR that someone told him that MR has a 7 year old daughter. I wonder if he tried to harm his daughter? He did have child *advertiser censored* files related to incest discovered on his computer. JMO

http://www.am980.ca/channels/news/local/Story.aspx?ID=1702052

I haven't watched it again matou, but iirc, wasn't Rafferty's response something along the lines of "well, i guess you'll find that out". Curious that he wouldn't have just denied it.

Maybe they've kept that out of the media so as not to victimize the child.

I haven't watched it again matou, but iirc, wasn't Rafferty's response something along the lines of "well, i guess you'll find that out". Curious that he wouldn't have just denied it.

Maybe they've kept that out of the media so as not to victimize the child.

Nothing would surprise me about this sick pig. I bet Tori wasn't his only child victim of sexual assault. He'll get what he deserves in KP. JMO

Yes, that was Holly Jones who was grabbed by Michael Briere who then raped, murdered and mutilated her. He had been watching child *advertiser censored*.
That judge was an idiot for disallowing that evidence! Another example of the law helping the criminal. And he is now appealing anyways! Moo

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CSIFLGIRL46
Back