What was "The Plan"?

:doh:
TLynn said:
Just when you think you're out of it - they suck you back in. JAR is top of my list of suspects and, yes, he has an "alibi" but not one that was pounded by the police.

The fibers on JonBenet were consistent with the JAR comforter (according to either the CBI or FBI, can't remember which) - and as Bluecrab mentions - all the crime scene elements are related to JAR - including his SEMEN. To completely ignore that is what's ridiculous.
*Please source where it is stated that the dark fibers found on JonBenet were consistent with the comforter. I've never read that.
*You said "all the crime scene elements are related to JAR". NOT true! Just because his semen was found on one of his blankets does not mean it was part of the crime! Many young men have semen stains on blankets. Now if his semen was found on JonBenet or HER bed - that would be relevant.

When you state Patsy Ramsey's fibers were found in the cord - the same "consistent with" applies - you cannot scientifically "match" fibers.
*If you cannot "match" fibers - then you cannot say that it was JAR's comforter fibers on JonBenet either.
*Patsy's fibers found IN one of the murder weapons was from clothing she was WEARING the night of the murder. That is a fact.

I don't know of a telephone conversation being overheard (I'd like more info) but I do remember that the FBI's theory is that Patsy caught John molesting JonBenet, went to swing at him with the flashlight, but hit JonBenet instead - and that started the cover-up.
*The FBI had no "theory." They, after analyzing all the evidence, had many things to say about that evidence and what it meant and did not mean, and allowed for several different scenarios of what may have occured - (intruder NOT being one of them) - but never concluded any "theory" of their own.

There is no picture of JAR at an ATM - that picture circulated the internet (it showed no face and then disappeared), it was not evidence. The EVIDENCE was a receipt that JAR's lawyer gave to the police. It was a dated, timed, ATM paper receipt.
*Of course the ATM photo taken was 'evidence.' Just not the ONLY piece of evidence excluded JAR. They interviewed many witnesses who SAW him in Atlanta. Along with the ATM reciept.

Now, what college kid (or adult for that matter) keeps an ATM receipt for cash withdrawal (not a deposit, mind you) for over a month? Perhaps, someone who needed it as an alibi...?
*I have a college kid who does keep all his receipts from his ATM transactions.
Nothing unusual about that.

JAR's motive would not have been "molestation" as posted (why not wait until Michigan, etc.) - it would have been more like a couple of college kids, having seen the move "Ransom" (JAR stated it resembled his family), being drunk/drugs (which is in JAR's history) and obnoxious one night and conjuring up the whole scenario.
*No way. There is no evidence that JAR was that devious to hatch a plot to kidnap or kill his little sister! Typical college sophomore boys like to drink (alot - it's a national epidemic almost) and experiment even with a little pot or drugs. Does not make them killers.

The three boys were all from Boulder and went to school in Atlanta (small foreign faction), one was a pilot and lived near the Jeffco Airport. It was Christmas time (why weren't they home with their families).
*What "three boys" are you talking about??

The morning of the murder, John asked Archuletta how long it would take the plane to get ready to fly to Atlanta - Archuletta stated a "couple of hours." WHY? The plane was ready to leave that morning for Michigan....
*You mean the afternoon of the murder? When the police overheard John on the phone with Archuletta? It had been almost 8 hours since the Ramseys had cancelled their flight to Michigan that morning. Of course the plane was not "ready" to fly to a completely DIFFERENT state: Atlanta. And 2 hours seems very reasonable an amount of time to "get ready." Keep in mind - Archuletta would have to drop everything he was doing in order to accomodate John if he did end up flying them to Atlanta. I'm surprised the answer was ONLY 2 hours.

Archuletta was NOT at the airport when John called -- he had to return the call. Archuletta now owns John's plane (did Archuletta fly JAR back to Atlanta). If you've read DOI, John certainly uses private planes and they have played "cat and mouse" with them.
*Why would you expect Archuletta to be "at the airport" 8 hours after they cancelled that flight to Michigan? Where was he SUPPOSED to be?

John brags (DOI) how incompetent the BPD were and uses the fact that they did NOT check his plane hangars. (I do believe they only checked maintenance records for one plane).
*We do not know WHAT the BPD checked and did not check. And John Ramsey certainly does not know all that the BPD checked or did not check. He whined about that all through his book - and stated that the only information they had about the case they got from t.v. and media.

Of course, Patsy would cover for JAR....John lost Beth, John lost JonBenet - could/would Patsy allow for John to lose another child? And the black cloud that would always hang over their family?
*Not for a minute. This was her STEP-son. Not her own son. And her step-son was an adult. No way would she cover for him.

The neighbor Barnhill said he saw JAR arrive at the house that afternoon (only changed his story AFTER JR's detective got at him).
*Where does it state that John Ramsey's detectives "got at" Mr. Barnhill and got him to change his story?

John got an attorney for JAR, Melinda and ex-wife - yet, Patsy's side of the family was unrepresented.
They are Ramseys. IMMEDIATE family of John Ramsey's family. Patsy's family were in-laws and cousins and aunts, uncles, grand-parents.
John Ramsey had a financial responsibility to his own children still - and continued to support his ex-wife when she needed anything.

A deal was made to "clear" JAR and Melinda as a negotiating tool for a Ramsey interview. Why was that so important, if the alibi was so tight.
*Being cleared is not important if an alibi "isn't" tight - you'd never get cleared. Being cleared means that law enforcement is completey satisfied that you had absolutely nothing to do with the crime and in the case of JAR and Melinda, there was public specualtion going around particularly about JAR because he is male - and the White's I believe even pressured the BPD to clear them because they saw how unjust and unfair the speculation was.

Why the sudden change of plans for Christmas to be in Charlevoix? Perhaps, JAR was caught molesting JonBenet earlier and he was "kicked out" of the house. That would explain the "incest" in the dictionary and the reason JAR's bedroom was called the "Guest Room." Melinda's room stayed "Melinda's Room." Why did JAR no longer have a room in that house?
*Melinda's room was chock full of JonBenet's pagaent costumes and trophies. No room for "guest." They called JAR's room HIS room as well as the guest room. I do the same thing in my home.

And, if JAR's "forgiveness" statement was for Burke - who told him Burke was the culprit? Do you think Patsy and John would reveal that - and when...? When they were sitting in the car with Melinda's boyfriend (forgot his name for now).
*The Ramseys have stated they received many phone calls that morning. Do you really think that neither JAR or Melinda would NOT have phoned home to Boulder to speak with their father as to the reason they were being diverted from going to Michigan and on to Denver instead? We do not know just what transpired all through the night into the morning and early afternoon as far as who communicated with whom and what was shared.
In fact, read in DOI where Patsy is relating the story of her sister Polly the morning BEFORE the body is found. Polly of course is back in Georgia with the Paugh family sitting around, as Patsy writes: "As people talked of different aspects of JonBenet's DEATH...." She continues on and the says that "a few seconds later the phone had rung..... Polly listened in stunned silence as John told my family that JonBenet had been found and that she was dead." How could they have been discussing the different aspects of her "death" - when the Ramseys and no one supposedly KNEW she was in fact dead???

Why did JAR's friend (Brad, I believe) volunteer he once slept in JonBenet's bed (was he afraid of trace evidence being found).
*Because he probably HAD slept in her bedroom one time. So what? Lots of times we've had guests sleep in one of our children's beds when available.

JAR is a viable suspect - and he should have been looked at harder. PMPT quotes the police as believing there was a window of opportunity - and keep in mind the time difference between the two states.
*He was looked at hard. And cleared.

There are certainly pieces missing from the puzzle of this murder...

I think the puzzle has been solved. It just cannot withstand prosecuting in a trial with the bungled crime scene and Hunter's conduct during the investigation. :doh:

K777angel said:
The police knew the comforter was there, knew there were black fibers found on JonBenet, knew it had John Andrew's semen stains on it - AND - he is plenty old enough to arrest and convict. Yet he wasn't arrested. Because he is NOT the perp.

Secondly, just where did you get this information that the comforter and pillow sham were 'missing' from John Andrew's bed? I've seen the police photo too. There was definitely a comforter on that bed. Black striped.
I do not think it was THAT blanket in the suitcase.

Angel,

First: John Andrew was not arrested, despite the evidence, because he had an ironclad alibi that put him in Atlanta at the time of the murder. If his alibi is ever cracked, he would become the prime suspect.

Second: I'm staring at a photo of JAR's bedroom. The bag containing the mysterious rope is still on the floor next to the bed. The black and gold comforter and the pillow sham is missing from the bed. They had to be the items in the blue suitcase in the basement.

(Incidentally, Burke Ramsey is still my main suspect; John Andrew Ramsey is still my alternate suspect. A Ramsey is directly involved in this crime or they wouldn't be lying their heads off, covering up, and refusing to cooperate with the investigation.)

JMO

BlueCrab said:
Angel,

First: John Andrew was not arrested, despite the evidence, because he had an ironclad alibi that put him in Atlanta at the time of the murder. If his alibi is ever cracked, he would become the prime suspect.

Second: I'm staring at a photo of JAR's bedroom. The bag containing the mysterious rope is still on the floor next to the bed. The black and gold comforter and the pillow sham is missing from the bed. They had to be the items in the blue suitcase in the basement.

(Incidentally, Burke Ramsey is still my main suspect; John Andrew Ramsey is still my alternate suspect. A Ramsey is directly involved in this crime or they wouldn't be lying their heads off, covering up, and refusing to cooperate with the investigation.)

JMO

Bluecrab,

Truth is, if there is indeed a comforter missing from JAR's bed, we do not know where that blanket is. Remember - The perp/stager also laid JonBenet ON a blanket down in the wine cellar room as well as wrapping her up in her white blanket. It's possible the said comforter IS that blanket.
As far as I know, neither the blanket laid underneath JonBenet nor the blanket found in the suitcase has ever been publicly described has it?

I know Burke is your main suspect and you are most likely aware that he is mine as well.
But JAR really is not on my list of suspects. I truly believe he was legitimately cleared. As well as Melinda.
My 2nd suspect is one of the parents. As the perp as well as stager. :D

twizzler333 said:
Do you have to put actual undeniable facts in a lawsuit when filing it or can you put what you believe to be the facts?

I don't believe people are honest, so they can pretty much say what they want ,even if they don't believe it themselves. However, there are some facts that I believe are given "labels", substantiated facts..material facts..but even these can be called into question by "dueling experts".
In the Jonbenet case, the wiping off, the prior abuse, the killing in the house, the intricate knots..items such as these are up for interpretation, just as we have already witnessed with the handwriting "experts". JAR being photographed at an ATM in Atlanta is a pretty solid alibi, however there will be those that could suggest "rigging" a picture to clear him wasn't outside the realm of accomplishments, given his father's wealth and connections.
For myself, I believe the killer's dna was under her nails and in her undies and one day he will be found. IMO there isn't a Ramsey who has a clue to the identity of the killer.

If Burke was found to be the one resposible, would they all still be allowed to bring all these lawsuits about, knowing that the statements made were indeed true just not public information necessarily?

sissi said:
IMO there isn't a Ramsey who has a clue to the identity of the killer.

Sissi,

Pam Paugh, JonBenet's aunt, has more than just a clue. She told Greta VanSustern on national TV that she knew who killed JonBenet, and that there were two of them, but she didn't know which of the two did the actual killing.

JMO

sissi said:
For myself, I believe the killer's dna was under her nails and in her undies and one day he will be found.
sissi, in the two DNA samples, the location of the extra markers should match exactly if the DNA under her fingernails and in her panties came from the same person, but they don't match. The fact that they don't match means there were two intruders or the mismatch was caused by the stutter effect (sometimes called shadow bands), which is a common problem encountered in the DNA amplification process, because fragmented or degraded DNA is amplified along with good DNA. If the stutter effect is responsible for the extra markers, then there was no foreign DNA and therefore no intruder.

TLynn said:
I don't know of a telephone conversation being overheard (I'd like more info)

TLynn,

Okay. Here's the story about the overheard telephone conversation as it was told to me. I don't have it in writing so the information could be a little garbled:

Soon after the Ramsey family had returned from JonBenet's funeral in Atlanta, Diane Hollis, one of John Ramsey's two secretaries at Access Graphics (Laurie Wagner was the other one), received a telephone call from Pam Paugh. Pam was very upset and wanted to talk to John Ramsey.

Hollis overheard some of the conversation. Pam was accusing John of something. It appears that Patsy had told someone, and Pam found out that Patsy had said to that someone (and I'm paraphrasing here):

"I caught him molesting JonBenet again. I told him I thought I told you to never do this anymore. I lost my temper and swung at him, but instead hit JonBenet by mistake and killed her."

Pam assumed that "him" was John, and therefore Pam was raging at John. But Hollis never heard a name from Pam. Hollis also never heard Pam say what weapon Patsy had swung while aiming at "him" but hitting JonBenet.

I was told Diane Hollis took her story to a tabloid and the tabloid had her take a polygraph test, and the results apparently indicated that Hollis was not lying. I don't know if the tab used the story.

If this is how it all happened on Christmas Night, it's hard to say who Patsy caught fooling around again with JonBenet -- John, John Andrew, or Burke. If the language used by Patsy is close to what is written in quotes above, it seems to me Patsy was likely addressing Burke.

JMO

Excerpt from the Globe, December 1997:

Sorry about the formatting. I've had this in my computer files for ages. I don't remember where I got it.

(Interview of Diane Hallis, who was employed by AG for 2 1/2 years)

"Diane, who worked at the Boulder, Colo. company
for 2 1/2 years before leaving this year on amicable terms,
says she received a call from a woman who said John and
Patsy Ramsey, in a tearful meeting with their lawyers, had
confessed to taking part in JonBenet's death.
The woman whose call Diane took claimed her boyfriend was
an attorney working in the office of one of Ramsey's defense
lawyers. "She told me that her boyfriend told her Patsy
had called their attorneys after JonBenet's death and admitted
being responsible," says Diane.
"She said Patsy had told her attorney that she got up
during the night and found her husband in JonBenet's room.
"She accused John of sexually molesting JonBenet.
"According to the woman, Patsy told her lawyer that she
picked up something to hit John, missed and accidentally
struck JonBenet on the head.
"Patsy admitted to her attorney that she and John made up
the kidnapping story and he helped her construct the ransom
note as a cover."
Diane received the call last January, shortly after the
6 year-old beauty queen's strangled and beaten body was found
on Dec. 26 in the basement of her parent's $1.3 million Boulder
home.
GLOBE has already reported that sources close to the police
investigation say the scenario described by the caller is one
lawmen have been looking into. A 51 year-old divorcee with
two children, Diane was an assistant to Access Graphics vice
president Laurie Wagner, John's right-hand woman. Diane's
job was to field the up to 100 letters and 80 calls flooding
into the company each day concerning the murder.
"I had grown used to weeding out calls from what we called
'crazies,'" explains Diane. "Something told me that this
woman was not like that. Her words had a ring of truth and
I believed her."
Diane says she put the caller on hold and went to notify
Wagner, who was in her office with another worker. "I gave
her a brief synopsis and she was perturbed," adds Diane.
"As I left, she closed the door and I put the call through
to her. She spoke for at least 45 minutes to the woman."
When the call ended, Diane says Wagner told her to get
Mike Bynum, the first attorney John called after he and Patsy
reported JonBenet missing to cops.
"She spoke to him for 10 or 15 minutes, then called me into
her office and told me that everything I had heard was
confidential and that I should never discuss it with anybody,"
says Diane. "Bynum later called back to speak to John Ramsey
and Laurie. It seemed obvious to me that something important
had happened because that was probably only the third time
he had ever called Access Graphics while I was there."
Later, the other worker came out of Wagner's office and told
Diane "don't pay attention to that caller, she's writing a
soap opera."
Says Diane: "I didn't like to be told that because I began
believing they were covering up."
Diane says she was so upset she could barely sleep that night
and made up her mind to tell the cops about the call.
But the next morning, the page on the message pad on which
she'd written the woman caller's name and number had been
ripped out," she says.
"I was really upset and worried about what to do," says
Diane. "I was concerned about my job and even about my own
safety."
Two weeks after that, she says she called a priest at her
church - the Spirit of Christ, in Arvada, Colo. - and confessed
the situation.
"The priest told me to hold tight to the information and
the way would become clear," she says. "He said: "You will
know when to release it."
She says she came to GLOBE because she wants to see justice
for JonBenet.
Diane also claims there was more covering up at Access
Graphics. She says John's cluttered desk top was cleared by
his staff just before cops arrived with a search warrant to
collect his materials.
And she claims many letters mailed to the company containing
tips about the murder were turned over to Bynum's office and
Ramsey's investigator Ellis Armistead - instead of to the
police.
"This was potential evidence," she says. "It should have gone
to the police."
When contacted by GLOBE, Laurie Wagner says material relevant
to the case had been turned over to the authorities.
Diane was also shocked by John and Patsy's lighthearted
manner weeks after JonBenet's funeral when, according to
Diane, Denise Wolf called John at home.
"Denise said Patsy was laughing because John had flipped her
the bird and she'd done the same back" recalls Diane.
Shortly after, Diane was searching for John at work and
found him with a sales director.
"He was laughing and joking and drinking a beer," she
says. "I was shocked. He saw that and immediately sobered up."

(Diane Hallis also said that John Ramsey
ran Access Graphics like a dictator "who fired people on a
whim." His employees were so afraid of losing their jobs,
they didn't tell LE about the confession. "But the
attitude within Access Graphics was 100 percent not to solve
the crime - but to protect John Ramsey.")

I find the whole thing hard to believe. I don't buy it.

imo

Interesting story but that is all I believe it to be, a story. I don't believe anything printed in the Globe or Enquirer, actually don't even read neither, so I take that with a grain of salt and consider the source.

I really just am wondering why they would allow them to file all these lawsuits for slander, etc., if they really know they are not slandering them. I mean, why bring more attention to yourself if you are guilty of this crime? If I were guilty or my child was and the case was essentially dropped/finished, I just don't think I would keep suing the media over their comments that are possibly true. I would just hope that most of the country would see it as another bunch of garbage the media sometimes gives us and let it be.

Now, if I were innocent and my child was as well, I would probably be going after these passing on these false statements, etc. and sue the crap out of them.

Just seems to me the guilty who had got away with murder would just lie low for a while and not stir up any more trouble.

Another thing- Hunter has a legal document of some sort stating that he never stated Burke was a suspect and that Burke was never a suspect, etc. Is he lying too? Can a district attorney submit a legal affidavit like that if Burke really is/was a suspect and even possibly found to be one of the culprits by the GJ but not chargeable because of his age? Seems to me like they would not go that route at all if he were actually the one they suspected of killing his sister.

yet another thing that I just don't get....... sigh :confused:

Have a great day everyone! I feel blessed....that stinking Ivan just about took out part of my family and we have survived it, so I am a happy camper today! Hope others faired as well.

twizzler333 said:
Another thing- Hunter has a legal document of some sort stating that he never stated Burke was a suspect and that Burke was never a suspect, etc. Is he lying too?

Twizzler,

Yes, Alex Hunter was lying.

You're referring to the fraudulent October 12, 2000 affidavit drafted by Lin Wood and signed by Alex Hunter in which it's stated that Burke is a witness and not a suspect. The affidavit is a fraud because it purposely misleads the reader by using a play on words. The document fails to say there are NO official "suspects" in the case and ALL are carried as "witnesses".

And the affidavit also fails to say that Burke has been CLEARED, even though it's written to falsely imply Burke was cleared and led the media into saying Burke had been cleared. Burke has never been cleared as the killer of JonBenet.

JMO

Not only that Bluecrab, but in the NY Post document issued by the court, the judge points out the fact that the FIRST draft of that affadavit regarding Burke being a "witness" (and by the way written by Lin Wood) - Hunter REFUSED to sign! They had to amend it to be worded as it you now see it. The court found this important enough to mention.
Hunter refused to 'clear' Burke. And to this day he has never been cleared.
None of the 3 Ramseys in the house that night have been.

What about the "voluminous" amount of records & files that the DA's office had on Burke regarding the NY Post suit? I remember an extension of some kind being filed once involving them turning over their records to the Post's lawyers. I remember reading there were "voluminous" amounts that needed to be copied and they needed more time to do this. If this kid slept throught he night and knew nothing, why were there so many records on him?

Thorkim said:
What about the "voluminous" amount of records & files that the DA's office had on Burke regarding the NY Post suit? I remember an extension of some kind being filed once involving them turning over their records to the Post's lawyers. I remember reading there were "voluminous" amounts that needed to be copied and they needed more time to do this. If this kid slept throught he night and knew nothing, why were there so many records on him?

Good Point Thorkim,

What kind of records ? Surely they were not talking about the interviews he had with the psychlogist? That wouldn't be considered Voluminous.

-Tressa

sissi said:
The BPD secured pictures taken at the Whites that showed Jonbenet wearing the glitter star shirt found on her body the next morning. She did NOT wear the red shirt to the White's or to bed, this is a myth, one of many that we have to sort through when reading.

Please source this information.
Thanks

Ivy & Bluecrab -

Thanks so much for the info and taking the time to post the story!

The FBI had that theory -- and I've noticed that John Ramsey hasn't sued anyone on his behalf, including (was it Wecht or Baden) who wrote the book re: aea and tying John into it.

The only reason for a cover-up (IMO) is sexual abuse - otherwise, 911 would've been called in a heartbeat.

The Menendez Brothers were discovered through the younger one telling his psychiatrist and having it overheard. And wasn't a Priest instrumental in the apprehension of those two Serial Shooters...

One of the medical experts (Baden?) felt JonBenet had experienced the "shaken baby syndrome" - which led me to believe she was knocked unconscious and then shaken in an attempt to revive.

What a horrible, horrible tragedy they live with - and such dark secrets

TLynn said:
Ivy & Bluecrab -

Thanks so much for the info and taking the time to post the story!

One of the medical experts (Baden?) felt JonBenet had experienced the "shaken baby syndrome" - which led me to believe she was knocked unconscious and then shaken in an attempt to revive.

What a horrible, horrible tragedy they live with - and such dark secrets

Wowe thats very surprising, :waitasec: Hum I never knew that--- It does make perfect sence that shaking her would be a good attempt to revive her.

Thanks for the info TLynn :)

I assume the files that had to be copied were the BPD files that they turned over to the DA's office by then. I would think it would have been pretty much all case files on Burke, interviews & all.

I also believe JonBenet was shaken. Again, an attempt to revive her by someone.

Yes, TLynn, thanks for that information! It SORT OF rings a bell, but even if it is rattling around in my head somewhere, I wouldn't have remembered it in a million years.

imo

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janisjoplin
Back