• ICA will receive 10 years or less

Votes: 14 1.7%
  • ICA will receive time served

Votes: 8 1.0%
  • CA/GA/LA or some other witness will face criminal procedings

Votes: 65 8.0%
  • Hung Jury and a Mis-trial

Votes: 18 2.2%
  • Mister Baez will have sanctions and a bar report.

Votes: 56 6.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, while I would want LWOP for KC, I voted 40 years or less. Part of this is based on following the OJ trial very closely and the shock and disappointment that followed, and the other part is that you just never know about people. Sometimes things can be staring them right in the face and they still don't see it. There was a caller on one of the shows that said "there is no way KC did this. It was George." I was wondering what planet she came from. Then you have that Sonny person on InSession. What do you suppose would happen if she was on the jury? I just don't trust that the jury will see things for what they are beyond a reasonable doubt. Like a PP said, the jury doesn't know everything we know. To me, that is a shame. A terrible shame. The alleged fight on Father's Day evening that started this whole thing in motion and all kinds of other things, they won't know til it's too late.
I also reserve the right to change my vote after the closing statements. :)Hopefully, I can upgrade it to LWOP, at the very least, at that time.

I think she should get DP, but I voted LWOP, because I think that's more likely to be the verdict the jury returns.

Fwiw, I believe there is far more evidence that ica murdered Caylee than there was in the case of scott peterson...I really didn't expect him to get dp .. They had no cause of death in that case either and scott didn't have decomp smell in his trunk or computer searches on how to make lethal items..least not that I can recall.. He basically got convicted on his lies, his affair with amber, and his weird behavior . (Don't get me wrong, I am sure he murdered lacy) but just saying he had much less evidence against him.

I think all the jurors will have to agree that she killed Caylee and that it was no accident. The evidence should give them no reasonable doubt. Unless some of them are dense, they should be able to see the evil and how she tries to manipulate and destroy everyone. Like one of the tv people said, if she could do this to her family imagine what she could do to a small child in her way. I don't believe her age will matter that much. She looks much older than she is and in no way looks innocent or even soft and kind. More like a black widow spider woman sitting there moving her mouth.

Could someone please tell me which sentences carry the DP?

Also, in Florida, if you are sentenced to 40 years, can the defendent get out any sooner than 40 years?

I voted LWOP, but I am hoping for DP. I honestly feel for her family, but I think the DP would be best for them. I think she has had so much control over them for so long that it would continue if she gets LWOP. It is hard to believe that one person could have such a devastating effect on so many friends and family members.

This is the one thing that has just astounded me the most. All of the people, there has to be hundreds, who lives were forever changed because of her.

I think she'll get Death. Too much evidence points to her.

In your opinion, do you think Casey believes the jury will not convict her? I feel that she definitely felt this pre-trial and possibly, a good part of the trial, that's why I feel she wouldn't take a plea deal or ask for one.

What say you, the fine people of WS?

Yes, I believed she thought that through most of the trial but when I saw her hang her head and the different look on her face today after the swiftly denied pleas for acquittal and mistrial. I saw a defeated person who finally has come to terms with her fate.

But then that changes from day to day and quite possible she'll be yucking it up or flirting with someone come Sunday.

I only want her to really, seriously, realize how much trouble she is in..and I do believe it will be guilty as charged with the DP. Florida is being fairly hard-nosed with cases close in nature to hers. I don't see this case as having any mitigating factors to warrant anything less. And premeditation was definitely proven today.

Could someone please tell me which sentences carry the DP?

Also, in Florida, if you are sentenced to 40 years, can the defendent get out any sooner than 40 years?

In Florida you have to serve 85 percent of your sentence. She would also be given credit for the 3 years in jail she has already served.

Any felony murder I believe is LWOP. So first or second degree felony murder.

If no hung jury, I say the sentence will end up being 30 to 40 years. I think she deserves LWOP, but I just don't see all 12 agreeing to murder 1.

I agree. I wouldn't be very disappointed if she got 30-40 years -- Now hear me out. On death row or in prison for life, she might become somewhat of a media interest or some group would glom onto her case and be talking about it all the time, trying to get her freed. But 30-40 years is completely boring. She'd be sentenced, and that would be the last we'd hear of her for 30 - 40 years. A sweet, Caseyless 30-40 years.

Forgot to answer the poll question: I have no earthly idea what this jury will do. I think she deserves LWOP.

I voted for LWOP and I believe that is the verdict that the jury will deliver.
My only worry is the appeal regarding the DP and if she is convicted with the DP I am afraid it will go for appeal. I know the judge said he would not rule on it unless ICA received the DP. I wish I was more familiar with the new law but to me it appears to be case specific so I am not sure it would apply to this case.

The jurors don't know that purple was Caylee's favorite color right? It was just a coincidence that 3 of the jurors wore purple?

The way it looks to me, I think LWOP or worse depending on closing arguments.

I'm just praying that ICA is found guilty, but away in a tiny room, forgotten and we never ever have to see her face or think about her again. Or her family...

Just remember and celebrate Caylee's precious life.:beats:

DP.

All the prosecution really has to say to sum up their case is this:

"Despite the detours, all roads lead directly back to Casey."

I want her to get LWOP. I want this because then she has a lifetime in prison. Death would be another way "out" of her problems. I think she needs to live with them for a really long time. Also, I do feel sorry for George and Cindy (I know...they did crazy things) but I think that another death for them would just put them over the edge.

After the fiasco they have seen and the fact that they have spent so much time waiting for ???? (they have no idea) and side bars. Because Lee was paternity tested by or at the request of the FBI...even thoughhe is not the father
they may think all this housekeeping has do with Lee. I think she will get offf with time seved.
Major minority here!
no dna to link her... experts contradicting each other. Father possibly cheated while
mourning. CA has lied (do they know that/ or will they?)
Not sure they have a clue if accident or murder
the body WAS SO CLOSE TO THE HOME LE didn't find it and didn't respond when called the first time. JB clearly poor council
the question asked was what will the jury decide
Me of little faith
I think she should get LWOP. I think she is bonkers! maybe they do too
but if they know about CA they will feel sorry for her.

MOO

I voted LWOP but personally I would vote the DP. I used to want to protect the parents and vote lwop but after all Cindy and Lee's shenanigans I don't feel that sorry for them anymore and would vote the DP. She deserves that and I believe KC is evil and would kill again if she needed to. She's a psychopath. Most likely the people on that jury will not want to vote a young white girl the DP. Thats the only reason I say that. If she were a man she would definitely get the DP or if she was black. Terrible thing to say but thats how our world seems to be.

I think she will get the DP. It doesn't have to be a unanimous vote of the jury. A simple majority of 7 will make it the recommendation.The jury has seen ICA throughout the trial.She showed no remorse.
HHJP has watched her and he knows she has no remorse. She tried to throw her own family under the bus.
HHJP has dealt with other ICA's . He knows what she is. JMO

I completely agree, she will get the DP.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MomTuTu