What would be your reactions to the following scenarios?

apabld

Reaction score
Since this case has been unsolved for so long, the only ways I can see it being solved is through Burke speaking out or a DNA match is found, if there really was an intruder. What would be your reactions (sad, angry, surprised etc.) to the following:

1. Burke reveals that John and/or Patsy committed the crime and he has known for years.

2. Burke reveals that he was involved and his parents helped cover up the crime.

3. The DNA is matched to a person and upon further investigation, it is discovered that this person is the killer.

1. Wouldn't shock me and I would believe it.

2. I'd have to eat crow.

3. If it were discovered that John and Patsy are innocent I would feel guilt for the opinions I've expressed here.

Since this case has been unsolved for so long, the only ways I can see it being solved is through Burke speaking out or a DNA match is found, if there really was an intruder. What would be your reactions (sad, angry, surprised etc.) to the following:

1. Burke reveals that John and/or Patsy committed the crime and he has known for years.

2. Burke reveals that he was involved and his parents helped cover up the crime.

3. The DNA is matched to a person and upon further investigation, it is discovered that this person is the killer.

1. not surprised
2. not surprised
3. that’s not even a possibility

apabld,

1. If the case were BDI then you might expect BR to say this, why not, consider the media fees?

2. No way Hosay, life is sweet with an intruder roaming about out there!

3. Public apology offered to the Ramsey family, on conviction of course.

The thing is both Burke and John know who killed JonBenet. They both have insider knowledge we do not. They can both deduce correctly, by elimination, e.g. BR knows if he killed JonBenet, same for John.

Here is the rub,and its lost on Joe Public, Patsy probably finished off JonBenet as an act of mercy, then she left loads of her personal forensic evidence at the crime-scene, which contradicts that she was staging herself out of the case, despite wearing the same clothes from the day before, etc.

Its unlikely the case was originally PDI with Patsy enacting the wine-cellar staging for her own benefit, looks more like its either BDI or JDI, hence Burke and John know who initiated the assault on JonBenet.

Could JR do a Mother Theresa and claim on his death bed or via a last will and testament document that he really killed JonBenet, so to give BR a quiet life?

Then again maybe some GJ jurors might go public and reveal what testimony was produced in the court as a disclaimer to any of the above.

Once JR goes it will be open season on JonBenet, expect some explicit documentaries.

skeptical, intrigued

but I'll be more focused on the story behind this "confession?" What's goin on in his mind? What kind of game does he want now?

I don't see any of the three scenarios as likely to happen, but assuming for argument's sake that they did:

1) Would not be surprised
2) Would be very surprised
3) Would be shocked, not because I think IDI is totally impossible, but because I don't think the DNA recovered belongs to an intruder.

[Disclaimer: I lean in the direction of JDI and/or PDI, I don't totally rule out IDI, and I don't think BDI].

1. Wouldn't shock me and I would believe it.

2. I'd have to eat crow.

3. If it were discovered that John and Patsy are innocent I would feel guilt for the opinions I've expressed here.

Agreed, though for 3 I would feel remorse rather than guilt.

For 2 I would be willing to eat crow if Burke turned out to be an excrement-obsessed weirdo who cracked JonBenet on the head for stealing pineapple, who then poked her in the back with train tracks. Otherwise, I'd say what I've always said: no evidence of his involvement.

Btw, jameson claimed recently that for the first time in 20 years she knows who the killer is and is in hot pursuit.

Last edited:
1) possibly shocked but this include PDI accidentally
2) probably what happened.... accidentally anyway
3) don't feel need for apology. R's should have cooperated alot more from the outset ..... people talk DNA but is there even enough DNA of outsiders there? let alone finding the underwear factory worker it belongs to.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrimeJunkie82
Back