What would you tell the state?

I have no advice at all. Keep doing everything you are doing. Stay as passionate for justice as I see you all are. You are all wonderful advocates for Caylee and come across as simply looking for justice for this little girl who never stood a chance on her own. The State of Florida couldn't ask for a better team of professionals for the task at hand. I have no doubt that you will be able to bring Caylee's story before the jury and show them the truth.

I was so very impressed with Mr. Ashton's knowledge and intelligence as he countered and questioned Dr. Furton. Dr. furton seemed to start to squirm when it appeared that Mr. Ashton 'had his number' so to speak'. The jury will also 'have his number', IMO.

I was so impressed with Ms. Drane-Burdicks's knowledge and intelligence as she countered and questioned Dr. Furton. She 'had his number' as well.

Both SA's are so impressive and have been throughout this case. I have absolutely no advice/opinions on how to improve on anything, nor am I qualified. I think they are both doing a wonderful job for little Caylee and all for the right reasons!

JMO

Everything is perfect as is, I wouldn't change a thing. :takeabow::party:

Great Job! Keep doing as you have been all along, and fear not! For it appears the defense's "*star* witness " is none other than Rosebud...aka CA.

What I would tell the SA's is:

DO NOT TRUST THE DT TO HAVE ANY INTEGRITY - KNOW THAT YOUR OPPONENTS HAVE NO SCRUPLES.

Everything else you are doing is spot on!!! :bowdown: :bowdown:

moo

After reading this thread my advice has to be don't get over confident. :seeya:

I was so very impressed with Mr. Ashton's knowledge and intelligence as he countered and questioned Dr. Furton. Dr. furton seemed to start to squirm when it appeared that Mr. Ashton 'had his number' so to speak'. The jury will also 'have his number', IMO.

I was so impressed with Ms. Drane-Burdicks's knowledge and intelligence as she countered and questioned Dr. Furton. She 'had his number' as well.

Both SA's are so impressive and have been throughout this case. I have absolutely no advice/opinions on how to improve on anything, nor am I qualified. I think they are both doing a wonderful job for little Caylee and all for the right reasons!

JMO

Yes, and did you notice that after the squirming started his nose just kept getting higher and higher. lol

I just want to tell them two things:

1. Thank you for being Team Caylee. Because of you and the hard work you do, Caylee will see Justice. She could not have better people on her side. Thank you for keeping the focus on her, and thank you for fighting what is good and right. Caylee wouldn't have a chance at justice without you.

2. There's a saying a favorite high school chemistry teacher told me once, God rest his soul. I've carried it throughout my life: "Don't let the bastards get you down." You know who they are, and you know how they make you feel, so don't let them destroy you. Hold your chins high and don't let them drag you down to their level. Remember, all they've got left is the ability to get to you in court. Take that away from them, and they are truly powerless against you.

Jeff and Linda....you are doing the most incredible work on behalf of Caylee. Thank you for your tireless commitment to see Miss Anthony gets what she deserves. You both are the absolute best Caylee could have on her side.

Jeff, just change your 'expectation' of the DT. You have scruples and ethics about how the game is played. They do not. So accept it and then you can move forward to do your job and continue to honor Caylee.

Awesome SA's.....you truly make Florida proud! What I am most impressed with is the professionalism with which you conduct yourselves. You are prepared and knowledgeable about the subject matter you are addressing and you stay on point. You are able to reduce complex information into understandable language. Smoke and mirrors are easily identified by thinking people so the jury will not need help in sorting out the bs. My only advice is make sure you get a good jury.......otherwise I love all of you for the appreciable skills you each bring to this case.

I have complete confidence in your abilities. Don't let the DT get under your skin.They will show their true selves to the jury.
Most important,Mention Caylee by name as often as possible. This is about Caylee

I don't really have any advice for the State. They've got this. They have goodness and "what's right" on their side. They've got the evidence, and a fair judge for whom "the law" and "the defendent's rights" are of highest importance.

I will only speak of what is important to me - a normal everyday member of the general public - and one, if I was a Florida resident (which I'm not) would most likely fit your definition of a "perfect" juror very closely.

Keep Caylee Marie front and center - both verbally and in pictures/videos if allowed. Point out often that SHE is the victim - not Casey, not even really the grandparents.

Channel your passion - bring it out when discussing Caylee Marie and what happened to her, but don't get drawn into DT games - the jury will be able to see that they are charlatans without help.

Tread carefully with Cindy and George. WE all know what they have been up to since July 15 - but the jury is not supposed to. The jury will want to like them, have pity on them, and would not take kindly to the State appearing "unkind" to them. Never fear, CA and GA will trip themselves up with their multiple testimonies (lies) that are ever changing. Not to mention their demeanor. You can firmly guide those times, and the jury will turn on them just as we, the general public did, once they see for themselves (with your firm but even-tempered help) that they are total liars on behalf of their daughter.

The DT will show dozens of pictures/videos of Casey and Caylee Marie together to try to demonstrate what a "great" mother she was to Caylee. If they do, counter it with the eerie video of Casey simply filming Caylee Marie alone with her toys. The one where Caylee desperately tries to engage Casey in play or even conversation, but Casey never says a single, solitary word to her. Finally Caylee Marie sighs, shrugs and continues to just play alone. This video showed me that contrary to Casey posing as a "good" mother when others were around taking the pictures or videos, this is how she treated Caylee Marie, and what she felt about her when they were alone.

If at all possible, end your final statements with the video of Caylee Marie singing "You Are My Sunshine" to her great-grandfather. Mention that it was probably her last full day alive (unless you have other info). I cannot sit through this without crying, I cannot imagine a jury will be able to once they've heard all the evidence either. Casey, well she may be too busy with her new job as paralegal to even glance up and show any interest. Or, she may try poking her eye a few times to see if any moisture forms. Either way, it will tell the jury all they need to know.

Finally, I am SO proud of the State and they job they do. I can't imagine the energy level that is needed, especially since I know they have other ongoing cases at the same time. These fine people do not get thanked enough or paid enough for the job they do. SA's, please know that you are very much appreciated and respected by hundreds of thousands of people who you will never even know.

Keep your eye on the ball. :great:

I actually prefer LDB for the opening, to line everything up in a succinct and logical manner, what the jury will see and what the evidence will show. I prefer JA for the closing, the passionate appeal for justice, the angry naming of the culprit. He's good for that. he can bring it on home and cause the reaction in casey that the jury needs to see.

I would advise the team to explain somehow why some of what the family states in testimony is reliable and how the rest is not. I.e., this is a family in great pain. They face a tragedy of epic proportions, and so their initial statements in 911 calls and to the police were more spontaneous and truthful, but how, especially in the case of Cindy, the reality of the probable loss of a second child she loved colored her statements, made her protective and allowed her to bend the truth in her mind to save casey.

I would also want them to carefully line up psychological motive for the jury: Here is a girl who has always been the princess, spoiled but facing parents who are becoming weary of her antics, (dumping Caylee on them, mooching off them) and are now demanding she prove she is working and getting upset when her stealing from family becomes apparent. The pressure to be accountable but the refusal or unwillingness to do so combined with a jealousy and resentment of the child who was taking her place as the responsibility-free princess and who was preventing her from being free, came to a head. This was coupled with a new romance with a man who did not want a child, especially not a girl child and who would not help resolve CA's unwillingness to babysit when CA could not prove she was working, because he did not feel it was appropriate for Caylee to spend the night. Thus, the fight over her stealing, the anger of CA over her partying at the anything but clothes party when she said she was working, the PR trip she desperately wanted to go on but could not, and Tony's lack of acceptance of Caylee, created the perfect storm. Oh, I would add something about using Caylee to punish CA for "loving Caylee more" and for trying to hold casey accountable.

Finally, as everyone has said, JA needs to keep his temper in check and not rise to the bait. It will only make the jury annoyed with both instead of allowing the jury to see JB's despicable nature in stark relief.

Snaz wrote this in another thread "Would the State be allowed to have someone testify that at the time of trial the car still smells to help show that garbage would not still stink 3 years after being removed (and that human decomp would)?"

I totally agree, and allowing the jury to smell it would be best.

Be prepared that Baez et al are going to try to get a bad response out of you by any means to make you look bad in front of the jury. Don't fall for it.

This is for the support of the SAO and what a great job they are doing.

The SA team ~ You have had to tolerate unprofessional unethical behavior from the DT. They will present whatever material/excuses they can get away with. They will continue to behave as arrogant, aggravating asses, think of the three A's. Imagine that as you speak and bring out the truth, that Caylee Marie is smiling from up above and singing "You Are My Sunshine" especially for you. Play it for yourselves during courtroom recesses to help you to remain calm. Practice thinking of the number "two" for the too short years Caylee Marie lived. Squeeze two fingers together, make "two" your mantra. Ultimately, you will be the voices to get justice for Caylee Marie. You are my sunshine also. I admire you for your integrity, your enthusiasm, and your dedication in pursuit of justice.

:yourock::yourock:
:yourock::yourock:

FROM CAYLEE :
:Crown::goldcrown::star1:
:scale:
:gthanks::gthanks::gthanks::tyou::tyou::tyou:
:cupcake::cupcake::cupcake:
:blowkiss::takeabow::blowkiss:

I believe in you and so does everyone who believes in me, and justice for me!

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back