What's in the Minds of Her Mother, Father, Brother Right Now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Listening to Marc Klass tonight on Websleuths radio I was very impressed with his insight and compassion for George, Cindy and Lee Anthony. As he said (paraphrasing) ... there is no good ending for them ... there is nothing that can happen in this trial that can give them peace of mind in any way, shape or form.

Very true.

Caylee Marie is never coming home.

And most likely neither is Casey.

What I also took from what Marc K. said that no matter what, not only will they not ever have Caylee again, but they have lost their daughter, one way or the other, as well. She will likely be locked away forever, or awaiting execution, the very reason they are in such pain. So they won't even have the "satisfaction" that might come with a conviction under normal circumstances.

A saw a flash of pure joy on Cindy's face today, broad grin and all, as the DT made some point or other that contradicted the state's argument. Sorry, I don't have a screen shot--I'm just not up to wading through all the raw footage from today's court session at the moment.

Cindy also apparently mouthed "I love you" to KC upon leaving the stand the other day. (As was widely reported in the MSM.) So I think Cindy, at least, is very much wanting her daughter acquitted and sent back home to Chez Anthony.

I seen that too today. As soon as CA seen the camera on her she looked back down.

Yes, and I also noticed when JA was scoring big in his questioning of Dr Spitz, Cheney Mason looked totally whipped, and so did George. Very telling, IMO.

I think George at the tow truck yard knew something was wrong. Then when he talked to cops in Agust I think he had a feeling. He tried to get it out of Casey when she was bailed out. Somewhere around that time I think the family all knew. They began to aggressively appear on tv sticking up for her. Even when Caylee's remains found, don't forget too, all of the Anthonys have lied and witheld things from the police. Maybe Cindy has guilt for threatening to take Caylee away and fighting with her about stolen money, maybe George has inappropriately touche dhis daughter and Lee too. I believe there's much more to the family history than we realize.

George absolutely knew:

http://www.wftv.com/video/17934383/index.html?rss=orlc&psp=mostpopularvideos

What I also took from what Marc K. said that no matter what, not only will they not ever have Caylee again, but they have lost their daughter, one way or the other, as well. She will likely be locked away forever, or awaiting execution, the very reason they are in such pain. So they won't even have the "satisfaction" that might come with a conviction under normal circumstances.

Even if she were acquitted, the chance of recidivism could be high. OJ Simpson could not help but to continue a life of crime after Nicole and Ronald were killed. KC, after Caylee died, really picked up the criminal activity as well, with drugs, theft, uttering bad checks and perhaps burglary.
If KC were to go home, GA and CA would have to watch their backs...scratch that, Cindy would, because I believe George would leave for good.

I agree that the whole family wants to save Casey from the DP. IMO Cindy is looking for a full acquittal, and GA and Lee at least want her life saved.

During court yesterday, I came to the conclusion that Cindy has bought the Kronk hypothesis and believes that her darling KC never duct-taped Caylee or threw her body away. Which boggles my mind, but there it is. Cindy may well think the incest accusations are okay if they can save her daughter--I doubt she believes them.

I went back and found the moment yesterday when Cindy was apparently rejoicing over Dr. Spitz's testimony. He had just opined that the duct tape was never on Caylee's face and was put on the skull after decomposition. Then he began to explain adipocere. CM asked how long that took to form, and JA requested a sidebar. The camera pans over to Cindy during the sidebar. Footage is online at Day 33 In Casey Anthony Murder Trial Pt. 4 starting around the 28:20 mark. It only lasts for a second or two before she notices the camera.

IMO this is the face of someone who's elated at what she's just heard:

smiling.jpg

Just to be clear, I'm not saying Cindy is a bad person for feeling this way. Human beings have some truly amazing coping mechanisms. Not all of them are rational, of course, but I don't blame her. Cindy has suffered greatly over Caylee's disappearance and death, and I have compassion for her pain. If KC is convicted of first degree murder, I can't see Judge Perry upholding a death sentence recommendation, as it would just be too devastating for her family.
:cow:

Edit: On second thought, plenty of people get executed even though they have loving families who will be heartbroken, so never mind what I just said about JP.

Thank you for posting that picture! I've heard people talking about Cindy bursting into a smile white Dr. Spitz was on the stand, but haven't seen a picture of that moment until you posted this.

With all the Anthony behavior for the last three years, I'm sure Cindy in clinging to a new belief, one in which KC is not guilty, believing it was an accidental drowning.

It's only natural for her parents and brother to desperately want for KC to not get the death penalty, but it does appear that Cindy is dwelling on her not being guilty at all.

It's difficult to fathom how Cindy's belief system can deny her daughter's behavior. She now knows with absolute certainty that there never was a Zanny, and that many of KC's friends were merely figments of KC's imagination........they didn't exist at all. Cindy has to know that all the stories KC told her about her non-existent friends and her going off to work, were all lies. Cindy has seen the pictures of KC partying at Fusion and knows KC wasn't experiencing any grief by any stretch of the imagination. How can she now believe that the story about the accidental drowning was the truth?

I went back and found the moment yesterday when Cindy was apparently rejoicing over Dr. Spitz's testimony. He had just opined that the duct tape was never on Caylee's face and was put on the skull after decomposition. Then he began to explain adipocere. CM asked how long that took to form, and JA requested a sidebar. The camera pans over to Cindy during the sidebar. It only lasts for a second or two before she notices the camera.
first, it appears that cindy was reacting to whatever the person sitting to the right of her had just said, not to what ds said. second, the camera didn't pan to cindy, it cut to her, big difference - and it cut to her to fill dead testimony time during the sidebar. do we know for certain that the cut-to clips are in real time?

Great question but like you, I too am stumped as to what might be on the minds of George, Cindy and Lee as all this unfolds in jury selection.

I can only think back to the memorial held for Caylee. The family dynamics shown during that event had me thinking each one of Casey's family members has a different agenda they wanted to bring forth in front of the camera. And a specific message to ICA. It was a faux memorial for a little girl whose life was over so early.

I almost expected a family fist fight to break out. I see this trio as an angry group ready to point fingers at each other. To me they not only have been fighting for ICA's freedom but fighting among themselves.

Regardless what happens to ICA, Lee, Cindy and Geoge will never be at peace.
jmo

BBM, I so hope this is not true. I hope that Lee and his wife will give Jojo and Cece many grandchildren, and they will find peace and harmony once more.
With KC in prison forever, they just might.

I agree that the whole family wants to save Casey from the DP. IMO Cindy is looking for a full acquittal, and GA and Lee at least want her life saved.

During court yesterday, I came to the conclusion that Cindy has bought the Kronk hypothesis and believes that her darling KC never duct-taped Caylee or threw her body away. Which boggles my mind, but there it is. Cindy may well think the incest accusations are okay if they can save her daughter--I doubt she believes them.

I went back and found the moment yesterday when Cindy was apparently rejoicing over Dr. Spitz's testimony. He had just opined that the duct tape was never on Caylee's face and was put on the skull after decomposition. Then he began to explain adipocere. CM asked how long that took to form, and JA requested a sidebar. The camera pans over to Cindy during the sidebar. Footage is online at Day 33 In Casey Anthony Murder Trial Pt. 4 starting around the 28:20 mark. It only lasts for a second or two before she notices the camera.

IMO this is the face of someone who's elated at what she's just heard:

smiling.jpg

Just to be clear, I'm not saying Cindy is a bad person for feeling this way. Human beings have some truly amazing coping mechanisms. Not all of them are rational, of course, but I don't blame her. Cindy has suffered greatly over Caylee's disappearance and death, and I have compassion for her pain. If KC is convicted of first degree murder, I can't see Judge Perry upholding a death sentence recommendation, as it would just be too devastating for her family.
:cow:

Edit: On second thought, plenty of people get executed even though they have loving families who will be heartbroken, so never mind what I just said about JP.

I'll bet she'd be smiling even brighter if Dr. Spitz was lying to incriminate poor Jesse Grund or the real Zenaida Gonzales or anyone else who she knew was completely innocent!

I wonder if she smiled like that at home when she first came up with the idea of saying she emptied an entire can of Febreze in the Pontiac in order to explain away the presence of Casey's home made chloroform. I wonder if she smiled like that when her attorney suggested she could say "her memory had improved with time" whenever she wanted to make a statement (i.e. tell a blatant lie) that completely contradicted her previous sworn testimony.

I don't know about the above, but I KNOW she'll be smiling just like that, only more triumphantly, when ICA receives a light sentence on a lesser charge because the jurors could not, in good conscience, bring themselves to convict this "devoted, excellent" young mother of murder and sentence her to LWP, let alone to Death, without knowing she had a deeper, stronger motive than the flimsy, almost inconceivable suggestion that she wanted to have some more time to herself, and with her boyfriend.

The jury will be absolutely right when they can't/won't believe Casey would murder Caylee merely to be able to go clubbing or have a sleep-over with her boyfriend. That motive will seem doubly lame because Cindy and George have already convinced the jury that their lives revolved around Caylee, so naturally they would have been eager to do more babysitting whenever Casey wanted to be gone for the evening.

We all know about the competition and hatred, the fights and resentment between Cindy and Casey, which finally resulted in Casey killing Caylee. But the jury won't know anything about this because CINDY ANTHONY has lied and lied and continues to do so with such cunning, skill, and masterful drama that not even the SA can cajole or drag the truth out of her.

H*ll, she's done such a magnificent job of it that we (including me) have been wallowing in sympathy for the woman who wept on the stand. In fact, on this forum, we are simultaneously posting our heartfelt support and sympathy for Cindy and George in that topic, while we are agonizing in other topics about what the SA could be doing….or should be doing….or isn't doing….to strengthen the case against Casey.

The problem—and the answer to it—can be found in the back row of the courtroom. She is "grieving grandma" whose picture is below.

In answer to the question in the opening post, I believe that Cindy's mind is focused on her successful evasions and mistruths thus far during the trial, and on maintaing her lead if she's re-called to the stand.

Thank you 1000 times, Puzzler, for providing this picture. It helped bring me to my senses, somehow.

smiling.jpg

I noticed a change in Cindy's attitude on the stand once the state took down the picture of Caylee. I think they need to keep up a picture of Caylee any time that an Anthony is on the stand. They quickly forget Caylee in favor of Casey, in my opinion. I think Cindy briefly, initially, was going to do the right thing for Caylee, but now she has quickly gone back to her old ways of defend, defend, defend Casey.

I have not manufactured a lot of sympathy for George or Cindy. They didn't realize their actions were building THIS kind of monster, I'm sure, but they've been building these forces in their household for a long, long time. George loves to use his pet-phrase "everyone has their breaking point" and I hope he keeps chanting that in this case. I know he has to keep those chants silent.

I noticed a change in Cindy's attitude on the stand once the state took down the picture of Caylee. I think they need to keep up a picture of Caylee any time that an Anthony is on the stand. They quickly forget Caylee in favor of Casey, in my opinion. I think Cindy briefly, initially, was going to do the right thing for Caylee, but now she has quickly gone back to her old ways of defend, defend, defend Casey.

I personally would like to see her picture up throughout the trial to remind everybody on the stand who this is really about.

I have not manufactured a lot of sympathy for George or Cindy. They didn't realize their actions were building THIS kind of monster, I'm sure, but they've been building these forces in their household for a long, long time. George loves to use his pet-phrase "everyone has their breaking point" and I hope he keeps chanting that in this case. I know he has to keep those chants silent.

It looks to me like the rest of the family walks on eggshells around Casey and that they are afraid of her anger. Casey may have been born a narcissistic sociopath or psychopath, but the home environment surely didn't help the situation. I would think they would have gotten treatment for Casey years ago, and as far as I know, that didn't happen.

Give it up Cindy, KC doesn't love you, she doesn't even like you.

She's never coming home. Give it up and tell the truth!

I really do not know what people expect from the Anthony's, they are locked in a nightmare. They lose Caylee, every single wondering what if, what if, what if. It says a lot about them positive in not being as nasty and spiteful as many have become about this case.

I've always been one to let my kids suffer the consequences but I truly understand where they are at on this one, instinct to protect what they have left. They aren't superhuman, just human and trying to cope. I truly believe they would flip the switch on her themselves if it would bring Caylee back but given they can't do that, they will settle for trying to not watch another part of their hearts die and the long, agonizing wait for that news.

I keep going back to two statements.

There is nothing in this world that could make me believe that Casey did anything to Caylee.

and:

we can't lose another one.

Pretty much sums up what the Anthonys are thinking. (especially CA, the first quote is directly out of her mouth on TV)

I really do not know what people expect from the Anthony's, they are locked in a nightmare. They lose Caylee, every single wondering what if, what if, what if. It says a lot about them positive in not being as nasty and spiteful as many have become about this case.

I've always been one to let my kids suffer the consequences but I truly understand where they are at on this one, instinct to protect what they have left. They aren't superhuman, just human and trying to cope. I truly believe they would flip the switch on her themselves if it would bring Caylee back but given they can't do that, they will settle for trying to not watch another part of their hearts die and the long, agonizing wait for that news.

I agree...I just feel so sad for the A's.

I personally feel that CA was trying to prevent ICA getting the DP---searching for chloroform months before the deed screams for the DP...

I think she wants justice, knows ICA must be punished, but doesn't want her killed.

Caylee loved CA and GA and they loved her...they would in an instant trade places with Caylee if they could have saved her.

I keep going back to two statements.

There is nothing in this world that could make me believe that Casey did anything to Caylee.

and:

we can't lose another one.

Pretty much sums up what the Anthonys are thinking. (especially CA, the first quote is directly out of her mouth on TV)
Can I add one more. CA:"telling half a truth, doesn't make you a liar".

At this point, I could care less what is on the Anthony's minds. Cindy took the stand today and flat out lied.

I withdraw ALL of my support from the Anthonys.

The only Anthony in this case who deserves my support is Caylee Marie.

I agree...I just feel so sad for the A's.

I personally feel that CA was trying to prevent ICA getting the DP---searching for chloroform months before the deed screams for the DP...

I think she wants justice, knows ICA must be punished, but doesn't want her killed.

Caylee loved CA and GA and they loved her...they would in an instant trade places with Caylee if they could have saved her.

If Cindy Anthony was seeking Justice for Caylee, she would tell the truth and nothing but. This no longer has anything to do with Caylee, this is about saving her daughter.
Caylee is in the arms of the Lord, he gives her justice, the justice the Anthony's have never and will never search for. JMHO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500