What's Your Opinion?

Britt said:
I agree. IMO the stager was hiding the vaginal injury. She may not have even been considering an autopsy at that point, just figuring her shocking staged kidnapping-gone-wrong would be enough to keep anyone from looking for or noticing the head and vaginal injuries, i.e. with such a flagrantly obvious cause of death, and circumstances thereof, why would they bother doing an autopsy?

Britt,

The she may have been a he?

her shocking staged kidnapping-gone-wrong
That should read her Horrific Staged Predatory-Sexual-Assault Gone Wrong

Yes if the Ramsey's had to dial 911 and report they had just found their daughter in her bedroom, patently the victim of a viscious sexual assault and manual asphyxiation, would the BPD have arrested them ?

UKGuy said:
Britt,

The she may have been a he?

That should read her Horrific Staged Predatory-Sexual-Assault Gone Wrong

Yes if the Ramsey's had to dial 911 and report they had just found their daughter in her bedroom, patently the victim of a viscious sexual assault and manual asphyxiation, would the BPD have arrested them ?

That may have been the original plan, UKGuy. Who knows? But you do raise a good point: the CASKU guys said there was "staging within staging." That might be what they were talking about!

UKGuy said:
SuperDave,

If the intention was to mask prior sexual abuse with a bogus sexual assault attributed to a sexual predator, then why wipe her down and redress her?

That seems contradictory to me!

My current favorite explanation is that this phase of the staging was redesigned to portray a kindapping scenario, not a predatory assault?
The perp could have wiped JB down to look if the wound inflicted to her vagina looked 'convincing' enough.

But if it was like you said (definitely a possibility imo), then why did the Ramseys not get JB's body out of the house and dump it somewhere? Do you think they finally decided against it because they thought it was too risky?

rashomon said:
The perp could have wiped JB down to look if the wound inflicted to her vagina looked 'convincing' enough.
Possibly. But it seems to me the wiping down would be un-doing the convincing part. Why stage a wound then clean the blood off and cover it?

Maybe UKGuy is right about the re-staging.

But IMO the stager was simply trying to hide the vaginal abuse she/he had just inflicted on JonBenét, by cleaning it up and dressing her.

BTW, here's a quote from Schiller's book about the staging within staging. It refers to the staging of evidence to support the staged ransom note.

Once JonBenet had been murdered, the only reason to write the note or to leave it behind was to provide a false motive for the crime. And, to give credibility to the ransom note and a bogus kidnapping, the offender had to make the police believe that JonBenet had been restrained and silenced. That was called staging within staging. PMPT p. 307 pb

Britt said:
Possibly. But it seems to me the wiping down would be un-doing the convincing part. Why stage a wound then clean the blood off and cover it?

Maybe UKGuy is right about the re-staging.

But IMO the stager was simply trying to hide the vaginal abuse she/he had just inflicted on JonBenét, by cleaning it up and dressing her.

BTW, here's a quote from Schiller's book about the staging within staging. It refers to the staging of evidence to support the staged ransom note.

Once JonBenet had been murdered, the only reason to write the note or to leave it behind was to provide a false motive for the crime. And, to give credibility to the ransom note and a bogus kidnapping, the offender had to make the police believe that JonBenet had been restrained and silenced. That was called staging within staging. PMPT p. 307 pb

Sure, go from one scenario to the other.

The most disgusting display of child abuse....sexually themed pageant costumes.

Remember the film Pretty Baby...starring Susan Sarandon and an 11 year old Brooke Shields? Susan Sarandon played a prostitute bringing up two children in a brothel.

In one scene, men bet on who would "de-flower" Brooke Shields. They brought her downstairs on some pedestal, and the betting began.

Patsy reminds me of the character in that movie and JonBenet was exploited like Brooke Shields was.

The Vegas Showgirl Costume...

The Marilyn Monroe Costume with the badge claiming "Hello, I'm Marilyn Monroe".

The sexualized dances which sickened JonBenet's dance instructor who claimed that she did not teach her those dance moves.

This Mega-JonBenet thing alarmed Patsy's friends who failed to speak to ASAP. Perhaps JonBenet would be alive if this intervention would have happened.

Linda7NJ said:
It seems to me JonBenet was viewed as an object owned by her mother, so in that sense yes....

i agree....i've always thought that Patsy was 'living her life through JonBenet' in a sense...you know, what Patsy 'might have been' kind of thing.....using her; wanting her to be perfect, pretty & all that, for the trophies & recognition....like an object i guess...

close_enough said:
i agree....i've always thought that Patsy was 'living her life through JonBenet' in a sense...you know, what Patsy 'might have been' kind of thing.....using her; wanting her to be perfect, pretty & all that, for the trophies & recognition....like an object i guess...

A human doll.

SuperDave said:
A human doll.
And just like a doll which had been broken to the point of being 'beyond repair, JonBenet was left lying there under the Christmas tree, and the Ramseys simply walked away.

But Patsy made sure to get the My Twinn doll.

I wonder if she kept the doll, or if she eventually let it go, and if she did let it go, how did she do so?

Nuisanceposter said:
But Patsy made sure to get the My Twinn doll.

I wonder if she kept the doll, or if she eventually let it go, and if she did let it go, how did she do so?

Gee, who needs the flesh and blood child that has potty and poop accidents when you can have the look-alike doll without all the clean-up problems???:doh: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :razz: :furious:

LinasK said:
Gee, who needs the flesh and blood child that has potty and poop accidents when you can have the look-alike doll without all the clean-up problems???:doh: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :razz: :furious:

Ouch.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LitWiz
Back