Where Will The State Start?

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I would hope they wouldn't start with CA as their first witness. We all know how much she lies, like mother like daughter, and I'd hate to see the jurors confused after her "mistruths" and talking in circles. I think it would be smart to start with the 911 calls, followed by the first responding investigator.

BBM: I agree. They should NOT start with CA because it would totally confuse the Jury, and even after she testifies, they will either be confused, or sit there with their jaws dropped to the floor after listening to her "stories" !

One of the detectives.

BBM: I agree. They should NOT start with CA because it would totally confuse the Jury, and even after she testifies, they will either be confused, or sit there with their jaws dropped to the floor after listening to her "stories" !

I agree. Cindy would be confusing for a first witness. They would want to start with a more credible first witness like Yuri or John Allen.

wftv legal analyst seems to think they will pepper the sensational and eye catching with 'boring' (in other words scientific testimony that could put some jurors into a coma)..

I seem to agree with this..

mankes sense to me..

what will the defense do to impeach Yuri!??? I am scared of this (think his ws posts will come up AT LEAST

The State can start wherevere the $%3 it wants and still win.

HOWEVER, I think they will start with Yuri Melich.

If it were me, I'd start with Uri and the ride around town looking for ZFG and her relatives with ICA, so the jurors could see what a positive truthful witness looks like and I'd work back to the call. I wouldn't want to start with CA because I wouldn't know what to expect from her. I think I'd go for a couple of days of testimony to establish a "normal" feel in the court room before I'd bring in C & G.

I will miss almost everything tomorrow :(, my day is jam packed with errands and appointments for the kids.

Is anyone here planning to put the highlights on youtube or something like that?

I will miss almost everything tomorrow :(, my day is jam packed with errands and appointments for the kids.

Is anyone here planning to put the highlights on youtube or something like that?

WFTV will mostly likely have the videos up on their site. They did so with the jury selection... the whole thing is available on their site.

I feel the state should first start by introducing little Caylee- putting her beautiful face in front of the jury, playing that last video of Caylee singing, "You Are My Sunshine", making sure the jury understands, and truly 'gets' that Caylee was a real human being, someone precious, with unlimited potential.

And then, put Yuri Melich on the stand, and pick it up from where he started- let the insanity of those first two days after the 911 call, drive the whole thing home.

I would bet my last dollar that our dear member Patty G. will capture everything and post it on her YouTube page, which is 'Sierra1947'.

She has video of just about everything you can imagine associated with this case documented. A virtual time capsule, started from the very beginning.

Oooooo! What a great topic for a thread! I agree it won't be CA or GA. I'm thinking someone in LE, also. Maybe one of the first officers that arrived at the Anthony's after the 911 call or maybe Yuri (or maybe I just WANT to see Yuri!). Seriously, Yuri is a great witness, has lots of experience with the DT's "tactics" and it would be a way to introduce the "information" KC provided off the bat (maybe the 911 operator would be a better place to start with this.)

I'm curious to see what others think (plus I just want to talk about tomorrow!) I can't stop thinking about it....

This was my first thought when I read this thread. Me too, I just can't stop thinking about it. It's taken so long to get here!

If it were me, I'd start with Uri and the ride around town looking for ZFG and her relatives with ICA, so the jurors could see what a positive truthful witness looks like and I'd work back to the call. I wouldn't want to start with CA because I wouldn't know what to expect from her. I think I'd go for a couple of days of testimony to establish a "normal" feel in the court room before I'd bring in C & G.

I agree.

IMO It would be ooooh so sweet if the SA opened with Casey's first call home from jail after being arrested..when all she wants is boyfriend Tony's phone number and calling her family was a "huge waste" followed by the 911 calls and then Yuri and Allen and the jaunt around Orlando.

I agree to keep Cindy and George off the stand for the first day or 2.

I would think SA would start off slowly with CA to see what direction she is headed. The 911 tapes speak for themselves. If CA start to head in the wrong direction I would hope they suspend questioning her until later in the trial. Once most of the evidence is out there she can only do KC harm and she'll know it. jmo

I feel the state should first start by introducing little Caylee- putting her beautiful face in front of the jury, playing that last video of Caylee singing, "You Are My Sunshine", making sure the jury understands, and truly 'gets' that Caylee was a real human being, someone precious, with unlimited potential.

And then, put Yuri Melich on the stand, and pick it up from where he started- let the insanity of those first two days after the 911 call, drive the whole thing home.

bbm
that would be great SB,

Introduce Caylee, play the last video of her on June 15th singing
Play Casey's first call home from jail...I want my boyfriend Tony's phone number and calling you guys was a huge waste
Then the 911 calls
Then bring in LE and Casey's walkabout around Orlando and Universal studios

I think they're going to introduce her in their opening arguments tomorrow. And then they will probably start with Yuri on the stand. I do agree that they need to humanize Caylee first as the defense will do everything in it's power to dehumanize her.

Without a doubt, the SA should start off with the 911 operator and the officer(s) who responded to the Anthony home that night. This represents the beginning of LE involvement, and officers at the Anthony home will be able to report the demeanor of each family member. Beyond that, everything is so convoluted it hurts my brain to think of trying to organize it all into a cohesive package for the jury to follow. I mean, later on they have to present the players and the relationship each person had with KC, along with the details of the investigation, which was going in many directions at once too. Aye aye aye aye aye......

I hope they have a HUGE photo of Caylee in the court room. Let everyone know she is not an alleged victim. She was a human being, a baby, innocent. And then she was murdered, wether my KC or someone else, she was alive and then murdered! That's not alleged, that's the truth. Oh make no mistake, when I say wether by KC or someone else, I do mean by KC!!!!

I'm a little lost as to why so many think they would start with Yuri. :waitasec:
That doesn't make sense to me. There are too many other witnesses prior to him entering the picture.

I would like to see an opening statement that highlights Caylee with pictures and/or videos.

From there, I would like to see them package it in chronological order that will make sense to the jury. Starting sometime back to even before Caylee was born. There are so many things that happened prior to Caylee's death that are important. The history with not graduating high school, Rick P. wedding, the Grunds, the lying, the stealing, etc.... This will show the jury that she in fact did have a long history of deceitful behavior that was always covered up by her parents. She played them like a fiddle, she wasn't ever afraid of them.

I am trying to put myself in the position of a juror, who may not know very much about this case. I just don't see starting with Yuri. IMO of course.

I believe the state should first question GA, as he was the last person to see Caylee alive. Then they should question the Amscot employee and tow truck driver concerning the car. Then introduce the death band hair of Caylee's that was found in the trunk of the car. Then play the 911 call where Cindy says' it smells like a dead body has been in the damn car, and Casey says she talked to Caylee earlier today. jmo

I really think the most important thing at the very start is to personalize Caylee, let the jury fall in love with her, as we all have. Let Caylee be her own first witness.

Immediately after that, 'showcase', (through the 911 calls, through Yuri), ICA's complete disconnect and disregard for the severity of the situation. A child is missing (for 31 days!), and everyone is in a panic to find her- everyone except the child's own mother.

~ I don't know how any of us are even going to be able to sleep tonight. We have waited for this for so long.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ForensicFeline
Back