Whitney Houston passed away on 2/11/12 - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
minazoe....i think you may well be right.

ng is doing her best to turn this into a murder case. it's irritating.

Nancy is really obnixous tonight. I don't get her. Yes you are right trying to make a conspiracy out of this. Repeating on t.v. lies and more lies. She is even contradicting what her reporters are saying. I think she is really messing up. Saying her lungs were full of water. That is crazy and opposite of what is being reported. jmo

well I hate to say this but...I hope Michael Jackson's death didn't give anyone any ideas.

How sad that she died in the bathtub, Jim Morrison style. How sad that she had no one to say 'hey Whitney' and be a true friend. I will never forget her, her voice, her songs, or her addictions. The Dianne Sawyer interview where she states she is her own devil hit home with me. I am my own worst enemy and I can beat myself up for the mistakes I have made like no other in my life can. I was married to a junkie, it's no fun, especially as he was so sneaky. The toll it takes on those around them is terrible. May she rest in peace. She ain't the first, and sadly, she ain't the last.

Uugh...
Feeling so sad about Whitney Houston’s death -- for all the obvious reasons, and more.

More -- regarding what it means for our culture regarding addiction -- AND for my own personal loss of my mother and my sister to prescription drug addiction and abuse.

Of course, we don’t know yet if Rx drugs were directly involved in Whitney’s death, however I do know they were involved in my mom’s and sister’s deaths -- and the heartache I feel from this is painfully reactivated and reawakened every time we lose a public figure where Rx drugs are the cause or a contributing cause to their death.

The hurt regarding my mother goes way back to the late 50’s and the 60’s when Rx drug abuse and addiction were an issue with “no name” or real recognition.

My mom died in 1991 at the age of 60.

My sister died in 2005 at the age of 47.

I will turn 59 this May.

I will not go gentle, or otherwise, into that dark night.

I am a mental health therapist who has professionally worked with addiction for over 25 years.

I was a little girl of five when my mom first began taking prescription drugs. Her addiction and abuse were full blown by the time I was in 5th grade and my sister was barely in 1st grade.

I am a woman who still mourns the way too early and way too senseless loss of two women connected to me by heart and blood and sinew -- and a sadness that seems older than my soul.

Attachments

• broken-heart-hand-hold.jpg
    broken-heart-hand-hold.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 13
This is an interesting article, I've gotten to this part so far, not sure what to make of it:

"A former security guard for Houston says there used to be a “no baths” rule for the superstar. “Everyone was clear, particularly the women in the room with her, that Houston couldn’t take baths, only showers, and couldn’t be in the bathroom for long periods of times,” said the source. “After 15 minutes, someone would check on her to be sure she was OK. When someone is that fragile—you can’t leave them alone like that. But she had new people around her.”

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articl...ective-baby-girl-daughter-bobbi-kristina.html

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ukxayxN4Iao&feature=player_embedded"]Whitney Houston sings at New Hope Baptist Church in Newark, NJ.avi - YouTube[/ame]

This is an interesting article, I've gotten to this part so far, not sure what to make of it:

"A former security guard for Houston says there used to be a “no baths” rule for the superstar. “Everyone was clear, particularly the women in the room with her, that Houston couldn’t take baths, only showers, and couldn’t be in the bathroom for long periods of times,” said the source. “After 15 minutes, someone would check on her to be sure she was OK. When someone is that fragile—you can’t leave them alone like that. But she had new people around her.”

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articl...ective-baby-girl-daughter-bobbi-kristina.html

Very interesting comment. Makes you wonder if she had gotten woozy in the tub before. Or if she was taking some medication where it was contraindicated (maybe that's a warning that comes with Xanax???).

I would also like to know who thinks that they could tell Whitney that she wasn't allowed to take a bath if she got it in her head that she wanted one. That's the problem with some of these mega stars (thinking of MJ as well)...it's pretty hard to tell them no, I would guess.

I was just coming here to see if anyone had posted this yet. The no baths rule definitely caught me off guard. I wonder if we're going to continue to hear more odd things like this about her. Strange and sad.

Uugh...
Feeling so sad about Whitney Houston’s death -- for all the obvious reasons, and more.

More -- regarding what it means for our culture regarding addiction -- AND for my own personal loss of my mother and my sister to prescription drug addiction and abuse.

Of course, we don’t know yet if Rx drugs were directly involved in Whitney’s death, however I do know they were involved in my mom’s and sister’s deaths -- and the heartache I feel from this is painfully reactivated and reawakened every time we lose a public figure where Rx drugs are the cause or a contributing cause to their death.

The hurt regarding my mother goes way back to the late 50’s and the 60’s when Rx drug abuse and addiction were an issue with “no name” or real recognition.

My mom died in 1991 at the age of 60.

My sister died in 2005 at the age of 47.

I will turn 59 this May.

I will not go gentle, or otherwise, into that dark night.

I am a mental health therapist who has professionally worked with addiction for over 25 years.

I was a little girl of five when my mom first began taking prescription drugs. Her addiction and abuse were full blown by the time I was in 5th grade and my sister was barely in 1st grade.

I am a woman who still mourns the way too early and way too senseless loss of two women connected to me by heart and blood and sinew -- and a sadness that seems older than my soul.

:hug:
Thank you for sharing this Avalon and, as I sit here in tears, I can tell you that I have seen prescription drugs ravage my own family and friends lifes over the years and many have succumbed because of it, including my own mother. While technically my mother, at the age of 60, died from a stroke, she had lost the fight long ago when she became addicted to oxycontin 5 years earlier - prescribed to her after she'd taken a fall and broken her arm.

Over the years (too many times to count) I've received the late night phone calls to the ER for my niece who has battled with prescription drug addiction for over 10 years now. She is 30-years-old today and still actively using and the late night phone calls tellng me that dear family friends (2 in the past 8 years) have lost the fight...

This IS NOT only about the Michael Jackson's, Amy Winehouse's, and the Whitney Houston's - This is OUR OWN friends, OUR OWN family, and OUR OWN community and they are dying!

So while some may have no sympathy or compassion left for the addict because they can certainly beat us down, let us not forget that this is a disease that takes over, not only the body, but the mind and the spirit. It robs everyone (the addict AND everyone around them) of everything---of everything and anything good.

And to all my fellow WS's who may be struggling with addiction themselves or know someone who is, you are not alone! Addiction is not a weakness or a character flaw, it is a powerful disease. We need to remove the shame around reaching out for help and realize, the disease of addiction is bigger than any/all of us! JMO~

I have a seizure disorder and one of the rules my husband has for me is that I can NOT take a shower or a bath without leaving the bathroom door unlocked. I've had seizures in the shower and tub before.

It's entirely possible that Whitney may have had seizures too, due to her drug use.

JMO, IMO, MOO, and all other disclaimers.

I have a seizure disorder and one of the rules my husband has for me is that I can NOT take a shower or a bath without leaving the bathroom door unlocked. I've had seizures in the shower and tub before.

It's entirely possible that Whitney may have had seizures too, due to her drug use.

JMO, IMO, MOO, and all other disclaimers.

Thank you. I was wondering if it could be a medical condition for WH, but I had never heard of anything about not taking a bath. This could very well be the problem. Now it makes sense.

Someone upthread posted that Bobbi has been to rehab already (isn't she only 18?). I had never heard that before and if it's been substantiated here, I missed it. Does anyone have a link? Thanks.

ETA: It's a pretty serious accusation to make if it can't be backed up. The poor girl just lost her mother and to have rumors spread about her, especially at this time, is cruel.

Just yesterday I said to my husband that I found it odd that Whitney would even be alone long ago to take a bath...seems like she has always had an entourage and that it would have been a normal precaution to have someone with her, or in another room in the suite, just to be safe. I am sure that her "people" knew what she was taking and whether or not she was drinking along with taking pills. But maybe she refused to have that level of supervision, who knows...my sister was an addict and took great care to have as much "alone" time as possible, as she was under the mistaken impression that no one knew...she didn't make it either and died much younger than Whitney. One can do all they can and it is never enough, as long as the person is refusing help or denying a problem. JMO

Someone upthread posted that Bobbi has been to rehab already (isn't she only 18?). I had never heard that before and if it's been substantiated here, I missed it. Does anyone have a link? Thanks.

ETA: It's a pretty serious accusation to make if it can't be backed up. The poor girl just lost her mother and to have rumors spread about her, especially at this time, is cruel.

She did go into rehab but she was not 'addicted' to drugs, from what I know. She had been caught snorting coke and so her mom was rightfully upset and they went into a short treatment together.

But Bobbi K. was not addicted to coke or crack. There is talk that she does use an array of prescription drugs for anxiety, etc. however.

There will be NO public memorial service for Whitney Houston at the 18,000-seat Prudential Center in Newark, NJ ... because Whitney's family didn't want one -- this according to the City Mayor Cory Booker.

http://www.tmz.com/2012/02/14/newark-mayor-whitney-houston-public-memorial/

and

The service will take place Saturday at the New Hope Baptist Church in Newark ... where Whitney honed her skills singing with her mother Cissy Houston and her cousin Dionne Warwick. Sources tell TMZ ... the family wants to keep the event super-private ... as in invite only.

http://www.tmz.com/2012/02/12/whitney-houston-funeral-church-vip-private-invite-only/#.TzqkheW12nk

Just yesterday I said to my husband that I found it odd that Whitney would even be alone long ago to take a bath...seems like she has always had an entourage and that it would have been a normal precaution to have someone with her, or in another room in the suite, just to be safe. I am sure that her "people" knew what she was taking and whether or not she was drinking along with taking pills. But maybe she refused to have that level of supervision, who knows...my sister was an addict and took great care to have as much "alone" time as possible, as she was under the mistaken impression that no one knew...she didn't make it either and died much younger than Whitney. One can do all they can and it is never enough, as long as the person is refusing help or denying a problem. JMO

I have read that her body guard, her hair dresser, and make up person were in the other room. They are who found her. I also read that there was water spilling onto the ceiling of the room below and that is what caused them to check. Has anyone heard this also and is it confirmed? tia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deluhg01