Whitney Houston passed away on 2/11/12 - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's so many stories out there it isn't very funny. This could be interpeted to her putting up her own insurance or her paycheck-a Bond of sorts to complete the film. I am so surprised, but not surprised when somebody like Piers Morgan comes out and starts this trash drug talk, could be true, but for the sake of sanity and respect, they need to put a lid on it. I tell my DH in a dire joking manner that I hope for the media's sake that the tox screen comes back with nothin but Midol in her system-give the media their black eye. I just hope that LAPD does not muck this investigation up. Whitney was going to sing the night she passed ---and she supposedly takes in a turkey sandwich with a huge side of sliced jalepeno's to the bath? HA! Singers do NOT eat ANYTHING that will make them belch. Really love how TMZ caught that photo op, how'd that happen? Darn media hounds. I do agree with a lot of the posters here that said in essence that perhaps Whitney could see she was on the outs and her behavior was one of 'look at me' and I also believe that she was in her own little way saying goodbye, hate to think that way tho'. She was so pretty, I'm just sorry she didn't have a real true friend to pull her aside and be there for her. She made love to millions of people and wound up alone. Sad.

Was she supposed to perform at the grammy's? tia

This is the Whitney that made them millions, or perhaps billions. So beautiful, and she remained a beautiful woman:

hxm07a896ri7mx7i.jpg

Snipped for brevity, with respect:

Clive probably got a deal on the room rate, seeing as he was hosting the pre-Grammy party at the Beverly Hilton.

And yes, it's an old hotel but so too are the Beverly Wilshire and the Beverly Hills Hotel. To me, it's always looked "dated" as you say, and a lesser place, even back in the day. (I touched JFK's hand at that hotel and you know how long ago that was!) I think of the Beverly Hilton as a convention/event hotel while the other two have maintained their 4-star status consistently thru the years.

P.S. Thank you for all of your informative posts re the business. :)

:seeya: you're welcome. Now we see why Paris H. got the invite to the Grammys, although she doesn't sing, nor write, or produce. Well, I sure hope she was charged the convention rate and not the full price. Things like this make me so angry. She gave what she gave and still they take from her. Nothing is given for free, as a friend, as a help mate. All business. --- I just meant on an average scale, the B. Hilton is a let down compared to what Whitney was accustomed to having. Notice how it was somebody else who got Whitney back home and not the Record Co.? That's the gratitude - ZERO.

Was she supposed to perform at the grammy's? tia

I'm not sure. I am thinking she would have probably gone up to sing at the pre parties, the day she passed away. Those award shows are absolutely a trip to attend, if you are into that stuff-it is truly like a week long convention of sorts, but it has grown and got to be so political, see how they hold these shows at the grand venue now, for thousands of people(outsiders) to attend if they have the money to spend. I remember when these same award shows were held at places like the old Shrine Aud. in L.A. or at The
Palladium in Hollywood, but times have changed and the money aspect is there. This is why Kodak theater is waning. They built it, but then along came AEG and trumped a lot of things for the industry.

:seeya: you're welcome. Now we see why Paris H. got the invite to the Grammys, although she doesn't sing, nor write, or produce. Well, I sure hope she was charged the convention rate and not the full price. Things like this make me so angry. She gave what she gave and still they take from her. Nothing is given for free, as a friend, as a help mate. All business. --- I just meant on an average scale, the B. Hilton is a let down compared to what Whitney was accustomed to having. Notice how it was somebody else who got Whitney back home and not the Record Co.? That's the gratitude - ZERO.

What amazes me now is how many god mothers and fathers she had. Seems everyone is claiming they were her god parent. jmo

I guess the business has certainly shown Whitney and her family that it was just that business. Forget the nonsense about mentor, it was about money. And maybe being a creepy old dude and a bet. It was never about Whitney, just what she could make for them. I guess most all businesses are that way, never consider a business partner a friend. Sadly, Whitney had to figure that out with her ex-husband too.

What amazes me now is how many god mothers and fathers she had. Seems everyone is claiming they were her god parent. jmo

I know, and she kept saying it in interviews, why weren't they hauling her off to IN-patient rehab instead of her doing out-patient? It was all on film, they could have taken that film as proof she needed to be in a facility and gotten a Court Order.

I know I should not ask that, I've checked some friends in. Some friends would not go, even if offered help, and they passed at very young ages unfortunately. You cannot make someone do what they do not want to. She just seemed to have such a large support system, but they never seemed to be around.

What I was thinking last night was that if she was partying with Ray J and they were doing illegal drugs, he wouldn't leave them there when he left. That could be the reason that WH was hanging out with such a younger man to get drugs. I wouldn't be surprised if her tox test came back that she had taken extasy (sp?) or had been doing major amounts of coke. I'm not trying to slam her, I always loved her but she did have a drug problem and her behavior was that of someone wigged out on drugs.

What I was thinking last night was that if she was partying with Ray J and they were doing illegal drugs, he wouldn't leave them there when he left. That could be the reason that WH was hanging out with such a younger man to get drugs. I wouldn't be surprised if her tox test came back that she had taken extasy (sp?) or had been doing major amounts of coke. I'm not trying to slam her, I always loved her but she did have a drug problem and her behavior was that of someone wigged out on drugs.

Yeah, there is an article about her smoking a "primo" with him around here somewhere. Found out a "primo" is a crack laced joint. Add in the prescription pills, any alcohol, drugs from the night(s) before, and you got one heart stopping mess at 48.

Here's the article, also read the comments under it. Actually on the home page there are a few more articles:

http://diaryofahollywoodstreetking....nvestigation-regarding-whitney-houston-death/

It is interesting, isn't it? I think I only believe for sure A. Franklin is her Godmother. What a heavy heart she must have. I don't care what people say about Whitney - I liked her singing very much so, I am so sorry she had her tribulations with drugs, I am more sorry someone wasn't her true friend in the business, but that's the way the business is, it's the payback for being famous if that makes any sense. They lure you, they love you, they coddle you only to get you to give them your talents and then of course your soul and then they sell your soul to the devil-here take this, it'll calm you down, here, go to this Dr. and so forth. Very nasty circle of life. I am almost afraid to admit that something sure isn't right with all of this. Got all this drama going on with her and also with her daughter, this new boyfriend. I'd like to know what was in that note. I watched her singing with her friend, that last video and it reminded me of somebody else. Anyone know who Tammy Wynette is? She was a huge country singer-Just before she passed away, she too took to the stage; of the Grand Ol' Opry and sang very badly-her beautiful voice was gone - years of smoking menthol cigarettes, a steady habit of Rx pills, but now I wonder, I really wonder what Tammy could have been on before she died.

I remember Tammy Wynette, Dad loved to listen to her. Didn't know about the end, will have to look up some.

LOL, I went from Wynette to Terrell in a click of the mouse! Sorry about that...

Didn't Tammi die of a brain tumor? In any case, far too young.

I wish Whitney had had a close gf too...been thinking about that a lot in recent days. A friend such as Gayle is to Oprah.

ack, now I've got an earworm for "Ain't Nothin' Like the Real Thing" ;-)

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jz_D-greh8Q"]Marvin Gaye & Tammi Terrell - Ain't Nothing Like the Real Thing - YouTube[/ame]

I was being hypothetical like 100% of the posts here. As we really have no facts. But, in the bathtub picture there is a dish on the bottom of the tub with an explanation that WH used it to put oils in.

I was commenting on the fact that IF they were essential oils they can be dangerous if not used in a proper ratio to the carrier agent that is being used. As I prefaced my post.....it was just a thought.

Somewhere I've read in more than one place that Whitney liked to use "olive oil" in her baths for her skin, and the little round things in the tub were hair bands

I remember Tammy Wynette, Dad loved to listen to her. Didn't know about the end, will have to look up some.

See if you can find her last youtube video from the grand ol opry , it is so so sad, the same scratchy not there anymore voice. There has been a lot said about her and an investigation and yea, if truth be known her husband who has also passed now, wasnt exactly a knight in shining armour. It is very interesting to note, although has nothing to do with anything, but she passed away in a home that was once owned by R. Orbison. This same home recently also was involved in a fire and burned to the ground prior to his widow's passing as did his other home that was right next to the Johnny Cash complex that burned down and took his son's lives back in the 60's. Just some weird things.

Didn't Tammi die of a brain tumor? In any case, far too young.

I wish Whitney had had a close gf too...been thinking about that a lot in recent days. A friend such as Gayle is to Oprah.

ack, now I've got an earworm for "Ain't Nothin' Like the Real Thing" ;-)

Marvin Gaye & Tammi Terrell - Ain't Nothing Like the Real Thing - YouTube

Yes and true, Marvin was in love with her and when she passed away, this was the beginning of the end for him as well. They sang beautifully together.

(OK, I'm back on track now <g>)...

I remember the controversy surrounding Wynette's death. It is encapsulated in the wiki below, under the Death section:

In April 1999, her body was exhumed from her crypt in an attempt to settle a dispute over how the country music legend died.[24] A new autopsy was conducted on her a week after three of her daughters filed a wrongful death lawsuit against her doctor and her husband/manager, George Richey, claiming they were responsible for her death 12 months earlier.

[ame="http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tammy_Wynette"]Tammy Wynette - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q_UYZPeBie4"]Tammy Wynette - Final Opry Appearance[/ame]

Whitney Houston
Private Viewing Set for TOMORROW

Sources tell TMZ, the viewing at Whigham Funeral home in Newark, New Jersey is invite only ... with an EXTREMELY tight guest list.

We're told Bobbi Kristina will be there -- it will be the first time she's seen her mother since she passed.

http://www.tmz.com/2012/02/16/whitney-houston-private-viewing/#.Tz1k1M7RCwg

That poor girl, this will be horrible for her. Thank goodness family will be there. I just hope they keep the sedatives away and let her deal with this tremendous pain naturally.

http://www.tmz.com/2012/02/15/whitney-houston-premonition-death-jesus-bible/#.TzxVKbGPXEY

Whitney Houston told friends she "really wanted to see Jesus" in the days before her death ... and claimed she had a feeling the end was near for her ... this according to several of Whitney's friends.

Very ironic MJ said the almost same thing just prior to his passing, that his end was near. Sometimes it really makes me wonder when you match the key players to the scenes of their lives, kwim?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member